auto warranty departmentscam

C

Calls from several different area codes, most recent [protected], stating 2nd notice your warranty is about to expire. This is not a legitimate company. They Phish for info. or try to get your credit card info. They call my work cell and business phone regularly. I can't figure out how to get rid of them or turn them in.

MARTIN Nov 17, 2008

Received same call (offer for taking care of expiring waranty) multiple times. Do not answer. It is a scam.

• Don C Mar 16, 2009

Just talked to them earlier today. I couldn't go to sleep and I got on the web and found this information about the scam. Glad this is available to us.

• Cw
    Cwmartin Sep 09, 2013

They called me twice today from [protected] (Texas). They really try to make you think it is the warranty dept from the manufacturer. Not too swift though. They were asking about my Honda, which I have a lifetime warranty on already. They first rep hung up when I called her out and the 2nd guy tried to tell me "there's no reason to get irate" when I told him I'd already said stop calling. I reported them to the local Fox affiliate consumer reporter because they might be able to trick uneducated or elderly people. If you call the number back, you can be put on do not call list (supposedly). We'll see if that works. If they call again I think I might string them along for a while just to have fun!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices