Auswide Van LinesTERRIBLE SERVICE

Dealing with Auswide Vanlines initially seemed so straight forward. While I asked if they needed additional information on aspects of my interstate furniture relocation they said they had all they needed and would call closer to the time to give me an indication on what time they would be there on the Saturday.
After no follow up call, I contacted them directly to be told that they were running late and we would there in the afternoon and that they would call to let me know a time. No call followed and after leaving voicemail's and repeated phone calls I was told the truck was too full and couldn't accommodate my furniture. I was told by "Peter" that the boss had left for the day and he was in by himself trying to load a truck and was doing everything he could to help. I took pity on his situation as I was given the impression that he was not in charge. He told me he would attempt to have someone there the following day.
Again after numerous calls and another day of waiting I was told that no-one would be removing my furniture and would organise something the following day. I asked "Peter" who I could elevate the issue too and he then informed me that he was as high as I could go. I waited until 10.30am the following day and no call came. I spoke with "Peter" and told him that I had moved all my furniture into the Garage to allow the next tenant to move in, inconvenienced my landlord, the new tenants and had missed a non refundable interstate flight because of this inconvenience only to be told that he didn't need this issue, he had 4 hours sleep and no weekend trying to resolve the issues and said "to be honest he doesn't care" and I could go elsewhere. SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS AND DONT USE AUSWIDE VANLINES!

• Au
    auswidevanlines-B.S. Apr 29, 2012

I have recently moved my belongings interstate with Auswide but everything is currently still in 'storage' (no one at the company will confirm where everything is) and if I'm completely honest, I'm not convinced I will get everything back, and I doubt it will be in as good condition as it was when they collected it. The staff are extremely unfriendly, and after they had locked up their van and were about to drive off I took the rest of my stuff out to them and told them to pack it and their response was, 'wouldn't it be easier to chuck it in a skip?'. But the problems didn't start there, they couldn't tell us when they were going to come to collect our stuff and I had things to do...because like most normal people, I have a life...so I phoned them up and told them and told them if they were going to stuff me around then they can come back tomorrow at 9am. They would have been on time as well if my watch had been 2 hours slow. So now, after having finally secured a property, I am ready to collect my stuff. I rocked up at their storage facility and asked to access my belongings, I was told that because it was through Auswide, I had to arrange a time to collect my stuff, so I jumped on the phone and told them I wanted it now. "I'm afraid Peter, our manager will have to call you back when he is available." not knowing this was utter B.S. I went along with it and decided 2 hours later that either he was really constipated or just not bothered about his customers. Assuming the latter, I called back and asked to speak with him and got put through before receiving abuse for wanting to access my belongings. Having a sales background I went along with it, finding loopholes to argue back with once he had run out of breath. After a short argument, he arranged to get his pre-school drop-out employees to call me a week later when they were at the storage facility to let me get my stuff. I am still waiting for this call and will happily see this company sink if someone takes them to court or if everyone comes to their senses and reads this website before seeking their assistance!
    All 'AUSWIDE VANLINES' are interested in is your money...don't let them have it and these monkey-###ing cowboys won't be sticking around!

• Ke
    Keith Bryan Dec 30, 2011

Auswide vanlines are to be avoided at all costs, they are unprofessional, have no idea of customer service, lack communication skills and once they have your money do not give a stuff about the customer.
    They believe that any complaint or question should be treated with disdain and is only a nuisance.
    In my case I am still awaiting delivery for items picked up in Melbourne for the Gold Coast-17 days have elapsed and still not delivered.
    We were told by their representatives that delivery would take 4-5 days after pick up and would certainly be delivered before Xmas 2011.
    Despite many emails to them asking for definite delivery dates and the whereabouts of the goods they only sometimes reply with unhelpful, glib comments. My daughter phoned today and spoke to an abusive representative who finally admitted that the goods were loaded on the wrong truck, the truck is in Mount Isa /He also said that they would try to have the goods delivered next Saturda -New Years Eve -Of course this is not going to happen-more waste of time .

Many other events could be reported and 90% are negative.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AS THEIR METHODS ARE UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE AND DISTRESSING