Auswide Van LinesDAMAGED PROPERTY

D

I employed Auswide Vanlines to move a small amount of furniture a distance of approx. 400km. I did my researcha and whilst they didn't offer the best price (over $500) i decided to go with them because they advertise as highly professional removalists that would take superior care of my property because they were a family run business.
ANYWAY they were three days late showing up and when they did arrive it was at 8:30pm. The removalists were incredibly rude and abrupt like they were really put out. Our belongings arrived at our new address and i was very upset to discover that our DVD player was broken, our brand new (not to metion expensive) mattress was soaked and stained, our beautiful antique sideborad was scratched with a huge gouge on the top, all our boxes and their contents were soaked, and a very expensive antique lamp was destoryed. When i questioned them about the damage the truck driver became annoyed and told me that he had marked all that damage onto his paperwork before he put it in his truck which was a complete lie because when he took the inventory at the pickup he stated there was no damage however, he did not give us a copy of that.
He then said we had to take it up with the company because so many people had complained about the state of their belongings once they were delivered.
So then i contacted the company after i had several quotes on fixing the damage and to this day (four months and many calls later) they refuse to communicate with me. Everytime i ring i get a receptionist that tells me "Peter" isn't available but i'll get him to call you back straight away.

• Jc
    jcampen Dec 09, 2014

I posted this review on about 8 review web sites this morning and I will also be submitting a complaint to the fair trades body. You may have managed to cheat me out of $270.00, but this will be well out balanced by some lost business from those reviews I have posted.

End of the day, as my regular taxi drive said to me one time, if you take dirty money, you feed dirty food and a dirty life on your table to your children. Some food for thought with your dirty dealings hey.

This is what I posted on 8 review wen sites, and more to come.

I strongly advise anyone against using TMC Removals and their contractor Auswide Vanlines.

Firstly this company TMC Removals from what I can see doesn't even do the removals themselves, they just pass on your booking to other contractors. So they are taking no responsibility at all.

Next issue is if what is listed on the web site selection list doesn’t exactly match what you have, the contractors will use these anomalies to call those things “Extras” and then jack up the price. Once you have paid your deposit expect to lose it if you want to argue the point on pick up.

Here are some examples of issue we had.

We listed 2 step ladders on the list on the web site. We have 1x 2 meter step later and 1x 2.3 meter step ladder and a 80cm steps. The contractor Auswide Vanlines advised these big ladders are not step ladders, they are “ladders” as in long ladders. A ladder that folds out and stand on its own is a “step ladder” if you google it regardless how long it is. He charged me the two step ladders as “Extras” even though I had them listed

I had on the list 1 stereo system . Because the two small speaker stands were not screwed on, he charged them as “Extras”

I listed 10 Book & Wine boxes which was a“boxes” choice on the web site. But because my boxes were not officially book or wine boxes he listed them as “Owner Boxes” and then put them down as extras.

There were about 12 extras of which only 3 might have been justified. All the others were all in the manipulation of the wording. He claimed we had 3 cubic meters of extras, but would do us a favour and only charge us for 2 cubic meters. In fact there was hardly even 1 cubic meter of extras. And over the entire load we had was smaller than they quoted on. For example we listed a queen size double bed, yet it was without a mattress. We listed 4 chairs and a table, yet these were small foldup furniture table and chairs so space wise this would take up ¼ of the space.

Over all if it was balanced out the cubic meters would have not changed at all from the original quote. Yet this contractor Auswide added on $270 for a few extras he fabricated on the list just to find a way to cheat us out of another $270.0.

Well you think you have already been ripped off enough by this Auswide Vanlines contractor and with no support at all from TMC Removals, but no there is more.

The driver owner M. Sneddon crank calls us to find out a time for the next day to deliver the goods. As a rule we never call back on crank calls or numbers we don’t recognise so we ignored it both times. So he does the same but to my daughter, who then calls him back. He gets her to call us. So its bad enough this crook goes and extorts another $270 from us, but then also is to low and tight he expect us to pay for his calls? How low can a man go!? He then tries it again the day of the delivery..

I am suspecting every customer that moves with this TMC Removals contractor Auswide Vanlines get the same treatment. Whether these two companies are directly associated or not, TMC Removals take no responsibility for the extortion going on between both of them.

So be warned and avoid both these companies at all costs.

• Wo
    Wolly-Bolly May 10, 2012

I hvae used Auswide before and thye were fantastic - their were super careful and polite and Wendy in the office was fablous. TRhey moved us from Melbounre to Port Macquarie - they were very late on the pick-up but the guys worked so hard and did a magic job there was even a truck swap half way up into a smaller one that had just our gear in it and still no marks.

I would recommend these guys and will use them.

• As
    Ash1334 Feb 19, 2012

We employed aus wide from gold coast to melbourne. They were terrible, they were 2 days late and didn't want to bring our things to the house till the next day did not contact us to tell us they were late at all. Ruined our microwave and couch and we are having problems getting any compensation for them. A $2000 couch ruined because they were careless. Then they accused us of not paying them when we emailed them the receit to say we paid they did not contact us for what would happen to our ruined couch and microwave we are still trying to get hold of them!! It has been 2 weeks now. They are rude they threatened us and I would neer recommend them to anyone!!!

• Me
    Melissa Richey Jan 12, 2012

My family and i are moving from Victoria to QLD, when i read this page i thought oh no what have i got myself into. We decided to continue with the company and take our chances. Removal day arrived and the communication between myself and the driver David was fantastic, his offsider Jeremy was also friendly and well spoken on the phone. The truck arrived on time the guys we friendly and we very professional in loading our furniture. After 3 hours of loading my house lot, David explained how the trip would go and estimated that the delivery would be later in the week, he will keep in contact with us ( to which he did), My father-in-law received a phone call to say they were on there way to the drop off point and true to there word arrived on time. David and Justin unloaded everything that was on the truck, no damage was done due to the professional wrapping of my goods and everything arrived safe and sound.

GOOD JOB GUYS
    thanks for your great communication and transport of our goods.

• Au
    Auswide Vanlines Mar 27, 2011

Unfortunately it was 2xboxes & 1xplastic tub that was delivbered to the wrong address
    Not 6xboxes as you stated
    We engaged a courier to pick up the boxes & tub and were under the impression that they had been delivered
    Unfortunatey his van was off the road due to a mechanical problem and the customer that the items were delivered to
    graciously delivered them to you and we paid her $60 for her time and travel

• Ho
    hoyboy78 Dec 21, 2009

looks like I have been done over by Auswide Vanlines also. I have paid half the cost of a 500KM back-load. They have not yet picked up our stuff and now they dont take our call or answer our emails. Not trusworthy...especially Peter.

• Ga
    GAG Apr 30, 2009

Auswide Vanlines are a company to be avoided. They are without honesty and integrity. Emails, mail or phone calls are not responded to, except to say that "Peter" will call back. Our damages are over a thousand dollars; however, unless we take legal proceedings nothing will happen. This move was a nightmare thanks to this company and the lack of care they take, and responsibility.

Avoid AUSWIDE VANLINES. They are not to be trusted with your belongings.
    Take care, go elsewhere!