Menu
Aurora Advanced Healthcare Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Aurora Advanced Healthcare
reviews and complaints

www.advocateaurorahealth.org

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.8 26 Reviews

How responsive is Aurora Advanced Healthcare's customer service?

12 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Almost perfect! 👌
We are absolutely confident that Aurora Advanced Healthcare puts in a lot of effort when addressing their customers' complaints. Rest assured that your concerns will not go unanswered. Yes, there are still some things to improve (a little) and we would recommend Aurora Advanced Healthcare to respond to complaints as soon as they appear on our website, but overall, we're quite satisfied with their efforts! 👍
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Aurora Advanced Healthcare has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Aurora Advanced Healthcare reviews and complaints 26

Filter reviews by rating
13 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Aurora Advanced Healthcare reviews and complaints

L
12:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Optical Department glasses fitting personal. Sheboygan, Wi

Had a problem with getting a pair of glasses fitted. First of all the one the was ordered for me was to small and was sent back for a different pair the the worker pick out. When they came in they had to be adjusted and all I had to go back and forth 4 times and the frames where bent so out of shape the I could not ware them. I told the person doing the fitting to keep them and she told me that there wokuld be a 50% charge for not keeping the glasses. Well I think that being on the receiving side and I had nothing to to with the fitting of the glasses that Aurora should be replacing them. I do believe that this person should be trained better. I want Mty fithy % back. Buy the way the Drs. N was Mallory Andrews and avery good Dr. I will see her in the furture but never buy a pair of glasses from Aurora again or until you traion your people correctly.

Respecfully

Lawrenc RT Justus

Desired outcome: Refund of my 50% they did not return and train you people corectly.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I want the public to be aware of a practice of this conglomerate--Advocate Aurora Health Care system in Wisconsin

I want the public to be aware of a practice of this conglomerate--Advocate Aurora Health Care system in Wisconsin. The practice is: upon the death of a patient, the decedent's account is immediately sent to collections. The collections agency is called DCM of Minneapolis, Minnesota ( I encourage you to look it up on line). Neither Aurora or DCM will send bills to the decedent's family. As someone who pays bills in a timely manner, I take offense at this practice. I find it atrocious and if not unlawful; it should be! It is not just my family being targeted; it is everyone that enters an Aurora facility. Also, of concern is this practice requires that you give personal information to a third party. And if you do not give it, Aurora will!

K. Maggio

R. Donnelly
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Treated like a *** seeker while I was in excruciating pain for several days. Turns out I landed in the emergency room with sepsis and nearly died. I tried to file a complaint with aurora and was being stonewalled by Lily. When I told her I was going to record the conversation for my protection, she told me she would not continue the conversation thus violating my rights under HIPAA by refusing to provide me with an avenue to file a complaint AND preventing me from keeping my own records of the interaction. Reached out to EthicsPoint and they were literally 0 help and wouldn't even provide me any of the details of the investigation because they were confidential. Unreal. And now they're building an even bigger building so that they can extract more money from the populous. Scary how those who swear to uphold the Hippocratic Oath are content shrugging their shoulders at a patient who can't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time and I get nothing except a $1700 medical bill from the ER.

H. VonRueden
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The way the hospital bills and explains billing is a scam. One fairly simple procedure and the hospital sends a bill and also the doctor sends a bill separately. None of this was explained to me during the time of visit. This is an outdated, third-world way of doing business, not to mention the inadequacy of the care they offered. Unfortunately, most people won't read this until they've gotten burned by Aurora, but if you can AVOID AURORA HEALTHCARE!

E
E
E. Sipes
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My 19 year old daughter was brought into the ER at Aurora Hospital in Kenosha Wisconsin for alcohol consumption. By the time I got there She was gasping for air , crying and begging the nurse to help. As I walked in the nurse was throwing things and very frustrated acting like my daughter was an inconvenience to her night. I asked the nurse to put the oxygen on my daughter to help calm her down because she asked for air. The nurse had a smart remarks saying WELL she can't take it home so I don't see the point. I told the nurse her job is to help my daughter as the patient not complain . She then threw the oxygen tubes even more *** and never gave her the oxeggn. I then asked her why she had a attitude & was there another nurse. She walked out of the room & no nurse ever came back in. I went to the nurses station asking for someone to assist my child & their response was WERE BUSY YOU WILL GET A NURSE WHEN YOU GET ONE. I asked for the nurses name who was being disrespectful & then another RN huge Male got on my face no 6 foot separation screaming at me to get out. I told them all they were no help and if my daughter dies it's on their hands. I then had to pick my daughter up and take her to st. Catherine's hospital across the street who assisted with AMAZING help. Aurora hospital on Kenosha Wisconsin should be shut down.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare This Hospital after my daughter was admitted from a serious car accident, most of the ICU nurses were good, but one who shoved a tube down her

This Hospital after my daughter was admitted from a serious car accident, most of the ICU nurses were good, but one who shoved a tube down her nose while she screamed for mercy, screaming NO, STOP, NO, STOP, and then she went limp, I should have sued this hospital, then a back Spine Doctor, who had her stand up with out a brace, ended up breaking her back and having to do surgery, I believe he did it for the money, she would have been fine if they would have did the correct things. the nurses on the other floors after getting out if ICU after 3 weeks of being there, were horrible, we had to be there 24/7 to watch everything they did. i could not believe the incompetency of the staff in this hospital, doctors and nurses, unfortunately the majority not the minority. If a loved one has to be in this hospital watch them closely and watch the staff closer.

A. Schulist
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Absolutely worst experience in the health care industry of my 34 years of existence. May 21st-ish I visited Dr.***, my primary *** of Aurora Healthcare at the *** location on *** to have the required DOT-DMV document filled out in relation to my driver's license privilege cancelled indefinitely because of implicit bias over a detail-lacking and very unprofessional psychiatric compliance appointment.The following week I called Dr.*** office and dealt with the unprofessional staff lacking in empathy while interacting with me and rudely cutting me off while not allowing me to finish what I have to say nor listening to me, the patient.When professionalism was mentioned with the sheer audacity of telling it like it is appropriately and in respectful fashion, ***'s speech became broken up and her attitude resonated that of a child while lacking her duties that she was hired on to employ. "

R. Haley
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I walked into the emergency room with appendicitis and while the people and doctor were great their billing department is c*** According to my insurance agency, they coded my visit as a non-emergency despite the fact that I came in via the emergency room entrance in immense pain. When it came down to billing not only did they mess up the coding but my insurance company sent me paperwork for the hospital to fill out and the insurance agency said they never received it. I went back and forth with the hospital and insurance company several times with the hospital telling me not to worry that they would take care of it. Well, they never did and on top of that, they dragged their feet on it till it was too late for anything to be done. I will admit that I had missed one of their emails regarding the issue but seeing as it had been months since the surgery and they told me not to worry about it I figured it was still running through insurance. Now after a year has gone by my insurance agency says there is nothing that can be done and that I am responsible.

A. Wiza
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Taylor in Dr. Sims office was most unpleasant! She was extremely short and rude!

G
G
G. Abshire
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just walked into Aurora and they have now added to the screening process, asking patients if they are fully vaccinated. In front of other patients! I felt extremely violated. That is not anyones business. I am disgusted and will be looking for a private practice moving forward.

Is Aurora Advanced Healthcare legit?

Our verdict: Aurora Advanced Healthcare has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Aurora Advanced Healthcare's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Aurora Advanced Healthcare can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Aurora Advanced Healthcare achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare resolved 92% of 13 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

The age of Aurora Advanced Healthcare's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Advocateaurorahealth.org has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Advocateaurorahealth.org has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Aurora Advanced Healthcare and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Advocateaurorahealth.org regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Aurora Advanced Healthcare.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Aurora Advanced Healthcare protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare This hospital billing department or accounts department does not care about patient's financial position

This hospital billing department or accounts department does not care about patient's financial position. Last April 19th I had reason to be at the St Luke's location on Oklahoma and was discharged discharged May 19th. Given the type of insurance I had I incurred a liability to which I was making monthly payments. I told the accounting department that given the I am only able to work a certain amount of hours I would only be able to up to 200 per month. I missed a couple months and with a call my account was sold to a collection agency which claims that they are acting as an agent. If they are acting as an agent why does my account balance says $0 with aurora. I will certainly seek to find another institution that will facilitate the completion of m medical procedures. Medical staff ok, business and accounting staff horrible. I am forced to leave a star when in fact they are worth zero.

D. Koss
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I flew to the Hospital with a concussion. I had a short-term, limited (***) insurance plan that denied 100% of the charges. I am currently paying 100% of my *** POCKET and Aurora refuses to apply the 45% self-pay discount. My insurance was non-ACH but Aurora acts like it is legitimate (even though it denied all of the services rendered while I was unconscious and refuses to see this as a self pay case. I was told I signed away my right to self-pay discounts when I signed my discharge papers (2 hours after I arrived on a helicoptor...). When on the phone with billing I was told that since I signed this I do not qualify for self-pay discounts. Then I was told I had the option not to sign it. I would never in my right mind had I been given the option not to sign, who would? Also, my *** was 1,947.51% above ***. *** would have been $741.95, but my *** was $14,449.58. I was told by customer service this and they laughed and basically told me I should shop around. That's not easy to do when you're unconscious..."

S. Bode
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Only a 1 star because they wouldn't let me do no stars...My wife had a *** done in December at the doctors request. Turns out that doctor had misdiagnosed her for years, and the *** was completely unnecessary, and they've admitted that. We contested the charge, a process that took them 2 months to respond to, and of course, they defended their own and will not compromise on the charge. We sent them a $1300 check in March, and made 3 payments in March and April, but now they've sent us to collections because the *** is "past due". Payed off 68% of a *** that was only settled out from *** REVIEW PROCESS about a month ago, but now send it to collections because we are past due? If they didn't have such a monopoly on the service in this area we would have been gone long ago. This is one of a hundred examples of their horrible billing department. Just a *** of bullies who hide behind their phones...

S. Rippin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Teenage daughter had a preventative doctor visit. *** asked questions about different potential health issues including mental health. Seemed like standard evaluation until the *** says it was not preventative services. *** charged us for a mental health screening that wasn't covered by insurance because it wasn't coded as a preventative screening. *** insisted that the coding was correct based on the medical documentation. Insurance was willing to pay the ***, knowing what the service was, but the medical documentation and coding needed to be corrected. After a few months of going back and forth contacting Aurora and the Insurance company to figure out why we were charged for preventative care, we gave up and decided to just pay the ***. Aurora sent our *** to collection agency instead. We requested a preventative care appointment and ended up paying for services that we did not request and got sent to collections agency. The doctors are selling services without knowing or informing patients how much they will need to pay for these services and billing is not cooperative or helpful."

M. Weber
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was *** patient and went for emergency. The doctor mis diagnosed my case and subjected for higher ***. Aurora system is not willing to review the case ,proper code and submit the *** to insurance . I contacted many time with billing department. It is so many complex procedures, no body has taken my case seriously and responded .I am still fighting the case to be reviewed.Alem

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Only a 1 star because they wouldn't let me do no stars

M. Hodkiewicz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Susan s*** is a terrible dr. She doles out pills and gets people addicted. Patient could go in and ask for almost anything.

C. Cronin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Everything about the ER treatment at ASMMC is absolute garbage. They labeled me as a drug addict and nothing else- even though my urinalysis and blood work came back negative for everything. I heard them calling me nasty and gross because I had vomit in my hair from when I was throwing up while unconscious. They kept trying to get me to walk no matter how dizzy I was. When we finally tried, The nurse said "lets fix your gown so we can keep you at least a little bit modest" in a very demeaning tone. I got so dizzy standing up that she had to catch me. Prior to this, I told her about how I hurt my knee, and they did not help with it until I kept asking. I ended up having to go to x-ray. When I had to get on the table, I passed out when I had to stand up, on their watch, with two employees there seeing it. The doctor chose to discharge me 10 minutes later because "I was fine." I filed a formal complaint on November 30th and did not get a call about the investigation until yesterday where the ER manager told me he spoke with his employees but that isn't what they meant. He then apologized for what I heard. I told him I did not want an apology for hearing it, I wanted an apology for them saying it. Just because they thought I could not hear does not mean they should say it. All the nurses, doctors, and ER manager are absolutely terrible. I would not recommend this hospital to my worst enemy

A. Reichel
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I recently had surgery on my colon to resolve GI bleeding issues and experienced excruciating pain after the procedure. I was only given a small set (8) pain pills with instructions to take 1-2 every 4-6 hrs as needed for pain. I exhausted the first 8 within 48 hrs and when I asked for a refill, mistakenly asked for it to be filled at the pharmacy of my local doctor's office. Due to COVID, that pharmacy is no longer there but no one said anything until I went to get the refill and then it took almost 4 hours and the nurse "needing to independently call the office to verify" before they would transfer the prescription to Walgreens. I was no informed when that happened either and the entire time, Liz the RN in charge of my chart, made me feel like an addict because I had the audacity to ask for more pills and then make the mistake of asking to have the location changed. After basically having to beg, I did receive a small amount of additional doses, but my pain is still at fairly unreasonable levels and now I've been informed I must travel to the ER if I want any more. We're in the middle of a pandemic and there's a damn snowstorm raging here this weekend but Liz, the RN, was more concerned with covering her own [censored] and making me feel like asking for pain relief was like asking to remove an arm. I don't think I should need to go to an ER for ongoing pain less than a week post-op. Being asked to pay thousands of dollars to be told to "just take some Tylenol and deal with it" is ridiculous and I've now spent the past day and a half unable to do much besides get out of bed to use the bathroom. At least when I had painkillers I was up and moving around but now I can't even move without reigniting the pain and burning.

B. Kunze
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Company from hell, It has been such a horrible experience dealing with auroa at home in every aspect. - Only the most recent issue was I was TOLD that my cpap was patient owned after my last payment was made which was, the next day. Almost two months later I get a bill in the mail just to be tossed around on the phone from person to person for them to basically call me a Liar. I just want to be done with this company They have left such a bad taste that I would rather never go to the doctors again and just die. I have lost all faith in the medical industry

P

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Absolutely worst experience in the health care industry of my 34 years of existence

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Treated like a **** seeker while I was in excruciating pain for several days

W

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I flew to the Hospital with a concussion

N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I walked into the emergency room with appendicitis and while the people and doctor were great their billing department is c*** According to my

O
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Apparently Aurora Health Care has a history for overbilling and billing for services not rendered

Apparently Aurora Health Care has a history for overbilling and billing for services not rendered. I went to the Emergency Room on June 30 with an accidental back injury. Aside from showing NO patient care. I requested an MRI and was told by the Dr that they do not do MRI's. He ordered an x-ray. After completion, he informed me that my vertebrae were compressed. When I asked him what to do for it, he stated, ice. When I got home in excruciating pain, I read the paperwork. Stated clearly on the paperwork, my Vertebrae was fractured. He did not order a brace nor talk to me about Physical Therapy. I later learned, a brace would have helped me considerably. Additionally, I saw Dr Michael McQueen, who is a Chiropractor, he performed a manual adjustment which took about five minutes. He then billed me $577.00. One of the codes referred to Physical Therapy which he never performed. I called Aurora twice and sent them a letter, they were uncooperative. Needles to say, I will never set foot in Aurora ever again. I don't know how they get away with billing for non-rendered services repeatedly.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Teenage daughter had a preventative doctor visit

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare My 19 year old daughter was brought into the ER at Aurora Hospital in Kenosha Wisconsin for alcohol consumption

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Everything about the ER treatment at ASMMC is absolute garbage

O
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I recently had surgery on my colon to resolve GI bleeding issues and experienced excruciating pain after the procedure

Aurora Advanced Healthcare Took my son in for a standard 18-month well visit

Took my son in for a standard 18-month well visit. Prior to this visit, I was mailed questionnaires to fill out regarding his overall development. The form letter said, "Please complete the enclosed questionnaire and bring it to your child's visit. The questions you are answering will provide your physician with a snapshot of your child's development and will be discussed as part of the office visit. Forms not completed prior to the visit may delay not only your office visit but also delay those who are scheduled following your visit." Of course I made sure to fill out the multi-page questionnaires. At the visit, the doctor glanced at the papers but generally seemed unconcerned and barely referred to it except for a brief discussion about how some of the questions were confusing or poorly worded. The rest of the visit proceeded VERY normally. I was shocked when I received my bill a few weeks later. It included a $278 charge (which was "discounted" to $153 since my son is uninsured) for "Developmental Test, Lim (qty: 2)" ...in addition to the normal well-visit charge. I would NOT be disputing this charge had I been told upfront that there was any fee involved with the paperwork I filled out. Then I could have refused "testing" and NOT filled out the questionnaire.

Read full review of Aurora Advanced Healthcare and 1 comment

1 comment
T
T
T. Ryan

Two bills dated 7/2 and 8/18 with *** both were from my Workers Comp injury from 7/17 for my left hip. The only reason and my visits to this doctor were ONLY workers compensation! This office did this before. Last week I, *** May, filed a complaint against Aurora St Lukes for two bills for $35.00 and both should be Workers Comp for my July 17 left hip injury. Both were for *** and the only reason I saw him was for this injury. The billing office did this in the past and I contacted them and it was corrected. My phone call on the latest *** (mentioned) above the gal told me Workers Comp refused to pay this. The two dates in question are 7/2 and 8/18 - both within the scope of the workers comp. V ia an attorney this case was resolved between Milwaukee County and myself early this year 2022. *** May

Aurora Advanced Healthcare has left an official reply on this complaint.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I received a collection letter from a collection company called ***

I received a collection letter from a collection company called ***., claiming that I have an unpaid debt to Advocate Aurora Health for an appointment I had with a ***. The *** in question was for an appointment on October 13 for which I was charged $88.27 and $13.83, totaling $102.10. Advocate processes all their payment and communication through a portal called Livewell, in which I created a profile to communicate with my doctors and pay bills. I paid my entire balance due on the livewell portal, and even as I look through the site now I have a $0 balance due. We went to *** for an ultrasound for our first pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage. That experience by itself cemented the fact that I will not go back to Advocate if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again. I am not blaming *** for the miscarriage but her lack of communication and cavalier attitude to a very traumatic, physically and psychologically painful, medical experience was extremely disappointing for my first experience as an expecting mother. I feel like Advocates billing system is not transparent and their coding for medical bills is shady and deceptive with multiple lines on the *** coded as miscellaneous for the same dollar amount.

F. Kiehn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I lived in an unsafe suburb of *** where the police came to my house and took me away without my consent. I was taken to this aurora psychiatric hospital where the did experiments on my brain with high levels of drugs. I lost my house and was almost on the street because of this company.

A. Goodwin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Took my husband *** to Aurora clinic in *** and in their words were we looked at his chart and we will not see his you need to go somewhere else, they didn't ask what we were there for they just assumed my husband has L3 L4 L5 bulging disc and other stuff in his back and they refuse to see him

D. Lesch
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to get my FMLA renewed by my *** she suddenly decided she no longer would fill it out. Unless I changed to her for all of my medical needs. The reason I refused was she is going to take me off of all the medication I am on now and I will need to but my meds from her in cash. I was told by 2 different Dr that told me if I cannot get the prescription from the pharmacy I should not do that treatment. So now I am being punished because I refused I am not going to go to jail if I get caught with these drugs not in a prescription bottle. And she is refusing to fill out my FMLA like she has done for years. I called Aurora and talked with the complaint center who is now giving me the run around. *** is lieing to them but of course they are backing her up. I got a verbal warning at work because the paperwork is not in. I am going to get fired and no one will help me. How can this be legal I am going to loose my job because I refused to buy meds from her direct. This is blackmail and aurora is well aware of what she is doing and is still backing her up.

J. Keeling
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am being taken to collections because of a *** I am currently working on and on a payment plan. I am disabled and have multiple bills I am trying to pay off. I have talked to both Aurora and the collection company and they are not helpful at all. I can only pay so much but I am on Disability and have not worked for years since my surgery. They are trying to get blood from a stone, again I am paying them but it isnt enough for them. I dont know who to turn to so I am hoping you can help. I was in the newspaper a couple years ago because of all the bills I have. The bills go back to 2017 and I have gotten them down but again I can only pay what I can. I wanted to apply for hardship and they said they dont offer it. I have proof that it is getting paid down but they say it isnt . This goes for all the Aurora healthcare facilities I have been to.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare has left an official reply on this complaint.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I had a mammogram done on 7/12 and because I have dense breast tissue, and will need a breast ultra sound too

I had a mammogram done on 7/12 and because I have dense breast tissue, and will need a breast ultra sound too. They were able to do the Bilateral Breast Ultrasound the same day. I was billed initially for unilateral breast ultra sound and eventually had that part corrected after months of phone calls. After correcting that, they are still trying to *** me for the bilateral breast ultrasound. When it is covered under the Illinois law for dense breast (see attachment). Ive been calling *** blue shield (BCBS) speaking with several receptionist. The last person at BCBS was *** on 12/30 to have told me, Advocate Aurora Health has to do is submit a corrective claim. She informed me she would call Aurora Health herself. 12/31 *** left me a message saying, *** from Advocate Aurora Health said the *** was submitted correctly and that I owe $331.59 because a Breast Ultra Sound is a NONPreventive service which is not true according to the Ive been going back and forth with this *** (we are reviewing it; it going back to coding; we extended the due date so it want go into collections) since last July . 1/3/2022 I called several times today to speak to ***, but she was not available. This *** should be covered by BCBS and Advocate Aurora Health should submit the corrective claim to BCBS so the *** can be resolved.

Read full review of Aurora Advanced Healthcare and 3 comments

3 comments
M. Tillman
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have five charges from Aurora healthcare I have 2 *** Blue Shield insurances. . My husbands insurance is primary my insurance is secondary and its been like that for years for some reason Aurora healthcare has a problem Billing both of my insurance companies I have an outstanding $4605 *** that needs to be sent to my insurance company before its onto collections Ive asked them many times please *** my insurance company and they have not. They have both insurance company information because all my other bills have been paid except for these ..Since Ive been with those providers Ive had the same insurance for 26 years I dont know why theyre giving me such a hard time paying this *** Ive talked to three different girls..

M. Lehner
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am a victim of identity- theft, I am writing to request that you block all accounts disputed as fraudulent on my credit reports with Transunion, Equifax, and Experian. This information does not relate to any transactions I have made. I did not give anyone authorization or consent to use my personal information. I hereby exercise my legal rights enacted by Congress and The *** which explicitly states when a victim of identity-theft dispute a fraudulent account on his/her credit report it shall be honored by all credit bureaus and all fraudulent information should be blocked within 4 days and proper notification shall be given to all data furnishers pursuant to section 605b of The Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.1. ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH GOOD bal. $201.00 Acct #

B. Schiller
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

on dates 6/9 and 8/6 I had the same kidney stone urine analysis done. It was denied by my insurance because Aurora keeps billing the wrong *** Anthem location. They keep billing *** Anthem in *** and for *** claims it should be billed to a PO Box in ***, . The charges were removed from account, but have now been put back on there. Total charges are $2,190.I was supposed to receive a callback from Aurora after my call on 12/16. The fact that numerous customer representatives have not followed through with what they said they are going to do is disgusting. In addition to the fact that your billing department doesn't know how to properly submit claims. I called again today 1/3/2022 and was again told that no one in leadership was available to talk to me and that I would receive a callback. This is the 3rd callback I have been promised and I still do not have the issue taken care of. I had a payment plan set up and I canceled it because I will not pay anything further until this issue is resolved. It is completely disgusting that patients have to be stressed out because your billing department doesn't know how to properly submit claims nor give a callback.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare I was a self pay patient scheduled for surgery 9/21

I was a self pay patient scheduled for surgery 9/21. I was contacted prior to surgery regarding the cost of the procedure. I elected to prepay to get the prepayment discount. I paid $4,443.20 on 9/9 and was told this was the total obligation. The initial quote was $6,785.20 minus the prepayment discount to arrive at the $4,443.20 amount. November 3 I sent in a payment of $442.70 that I received for my initial exam. November 19 I received a bill for $9,758.01. I sent in my credit card statement showing the $4, 443.20 payment. December 2 I was issued a refund of $300.36. I made numerous attempts to contact *** () to discuss why I was being billed. I then contacted ***for assistance. After talking to her *** did make contact with me on 1/19. I did not hear anything back from her and attempted to call again 2/4. I had requested itemized bill from Aurora and BayCare. These bills showed duplication of charges for the service provided. I then wrote to ***, *** CEO, and *** including documents pertaining to the bills I was sent and payments made on 2/14. When reviewing my March statement for Aurora BayCare I noticed the balance due was 0.00. I was stunned when on 2/20 I received a bill from the Alliance Collection Agencies, Inc for $9,758.01. Since I have not gotten a response from Aurora BayCare I am requesting assistance. I have no problem paying for the care I received, but I do object to paying twice.

B. Stamm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

#1 They incorrectly coded & billed a wellness visit, and now I need to go again to satisfy insurance. I might have ignored it, but issues continued. #2 An e-visit nurse ordered a culture and said to visit clinic for that. Instead of filling the order, they charged a second visit and new order, and billed the same amount twice.#3 Scoliosis x-rays for third party - I've had them MANY times, so I know protocols. The tech performed the opposite (laying down, multiple shots, weird angle, too close, no ovary protection). When I complained, they said I would need a new order, which would force me to pay twice & undergo unnecessary radiation. Hoping to avoid that, I said I would try sending these to third party and requested copies. Instead of images, they mailed notes, and the records department has ignored my calls.

R. Keebler
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I made an appointment with Advocate Aurora, *** office, *** in January for my routine annual physical. The appointment was June 1. I am enrolled in a United Healthcare *** Advantage plan that provides $0 copay, plan pays 100%. After the appointment, Advocate billed me $194.08 for the routine annual physical. I have contact Advocate Aurora Customer ***, billing and the *** office at least six times since early July and was promised multiple times someone would get back to me to resolve this incorrect billing. After almost four months since my initial contact, I have yet to receive a response. Advocate billing is now turning this matter over to a collection agency. I have not and will not pay for this incorrectly billed invoice. Account number is ***.

M. Feest
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was on a payment plan, paying $100/month. Aurora sent my account to a collection agency. I never missed a payment. When I called to see what was going on they said I made a payment on October 7 but my statement wasn't until Oct 10th so they put it on September statement, making it look like I paid twice in September and not in October. They said they did the same thing in July. This was never communicated to me so I had no idea what they were doing. They never said they were sending it to collections either. I had to call to see what was going on once I saw my account balance was gone.

K. Rath
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My wife passed away not clear if it was due to Covid she had lung disease. Need question answered was any one at the hospital she had contact with have covid 19. Could she passed just due to her lung disease and not covid 19. I filed co.plaint and no one contacted me. *** Batom 12/15/1957 passed away November 19. Please answer question please call ***. I would like to have a written response

Aurora Advanced Healthcare has left an official reply on this complaint.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare There are ongoing billing issues with Advocate Aurora Health Care that my family and I have been dealing with for months

There are ongoing billing issues with Advocate Aurora Health Care that my family and I have been dealing with for months. One issue is for an appointment which took place for five minutes and was not supposed to be billed for as no services were provided ultimately and notable the provider advised I would not be billed. Another case is where I have had three VA referrals and the clinics billed the incorrect insurance on three occassions and am holding me personally responsible for the charges even though the authorizations are for injuries through the VA which are to have zero patient responsibilities. I have attempted to work with the billing office employees (*** and *** for months now with zero resolution. Most recently I was sent to collections due to their lack of follow up regarding these claims. Notably I am being fraudulently billed for these dates of service and these billing office individuals are unwilling to work to resolve despite spending several hours on the phone with *** and the VA to attempt to help them resolve. Given these bills are not being handled appropriately I am not filling a complaintsboard.com complaint to escalate the matter as it is not affecting my credit due to Auroras Employees not being knowledgeable on how to properly process claims. If this matter is not resolved through theses means I will escalate the matter to a complaint with the State Of *** and additionally involve the media regarding this to investigate and hold ultimately expose Aurora for their business practices.

Aurora Advanced Healthcare On November 21 I went in to get some lab work done

On November 21 I went in to get some lab work done. I brought a Dr's Order from Serenity Health Care: (***. Waukesha, Wi 53186, serenityhealthcarecenter.com I need lab work done for a sleep issue. The Dr. ordered a TSH, T3 and T4. I called to get my results back and they said they only did the TSH because my thyroid was normal, even thought the Dr. ordered all 3. After a lot of back and forth from the Dr and Aurora on my part, I filed a complain on January 6. They said it would take 2 weeks to review. I called 2 weeks later, (approximately January 20) and they said it would take 2 more weeks. I called back on February 3rd, they said it would take 30-40 business days for review. Meanwhile, I am not sleeping, no one knows why they didn't follow the Dr's orders, and no one can answer my question as to why they keep saying that it will take 2 weeks, another 2 weeks, 30-40 business days. I call back after 40 business days starting February 6, and the lady I talked to looked at the notes, and no one had even reviewed it. She called her supervisor and told me they would call me back. They never did. I called a week later, got transferred to another supervisor who is saying she is reviewing my case. They are saying that I have to go in and get this test re-done and I have to pay for it. It is an expensive test, and I have already been through enough trying to get this resolved since December, it is now April. I just want the test re-done and I do not think I should have to pay for their mistake, along with the pain of having to deal with the back and forth, no communication and horrible customer service/billing issues.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Aurora Advanced Healthcare customer service

Phone number

+1 (414) 649-6000

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Aurora Advanced Healthcare?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Aurora Advanced Healthcare Customer Service. Initial Aurora Advanced Healthcare complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Aurora Advanced Healthcare above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Aurora Advanced Healthcare. Discuss the issues you have had with Aurora Advanced Healthcare and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.