AuctionMonsterCharged 59.95 on credit card for nothing

J

I was billed $59.95 for a monthly service to AuctionMonster.com. All I ordered was the free CD and paid shipping an handling on a credit card. Evendently there is a small print Terms and Cinditions agreement that if I do not notify within 10 days a fee of $59.95 will be assessed to my credit card. I was billed for this service I do not even use. This is nothing but a scam. When I called to compalin the representative was rude and I cancelled my account. I want by 59.95 dollars back. This is illegal.
James

• Mr
    Mr Charles Fredrick Hutchings Sep 12, 2007

Can anyone help me please?, this company called AuctionMonster has been taken out monthly debit charges from my bank account even though i have never dealt with them, or heard of them before!

So far, they have taken out £70.oo in two months. My bank has put a tracer on to this scam, so i am waiting to see if they have any luck.

• Fr
    Francis McPhee Sep 22, 2007

I ordered a free AuctionMaster kit but had to pay postage with my credit card. I was not shown the term and condition statement that AuctionMaster claims that I electronically signed, when ordering the kit. I received the kit and was not interested. I am now getting charged US$51.75 per month. Having difficulty closing this so called account. Please be aware of this company and other so called "free" offers.

• Da
    Dan Walter Dec 19, 2007

Here is a follow up to my experience with AuctionMonster:

I had to ride my bank's ### to get them to go after AuctionMonster and stop these thieves from tapping my account. It took a change of account .. in which the bank reimbursed me for what AuctionMonster stold .. while they (the bank) made inquiries to AuctionMonster regarding their unfair trade practices.

What I did was provide my bank (National City Bank) with the URL's to the many boards (such as this one) to prove my point .. that AuctionMonster is stealing money from folks accounts. Mine was not an isolated incident.

Long story short, eventually the bank got back to me to say it was a "vendor's error" and they told me the money they put in my account (it was a temporary reinbursement) was mine to keep.

The key to defending yourself against trash such as Auction Monster is to provide your bank with the URL to these boards! Of course, if we were all smart we would have checked these boards BEFORE we ever got involved with these losers to begin with.

So, put the power of the Internet in your pocket and follow my suggestion. Even point your back to my post!

• Su
    Sue Buckley Feb 01, 2008

I also have a $59.95 debit to my bank account that I did not know was going to happen. I ordered the information for $1 also but the debit appeared about a week later, in 'Pending', which my bank said was as good as paid and they could do nothing about it. I am trying to contact the company who sent the CD but so far to no avail. If anyone has the email of Auctionmonster I would appreciate knowing what it is.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices