ATT — mobile device activation fee
Several weeks ago my wife passed away and I called AT&T to discontinue her cell phone service. I told the person on the phone that I wanted to discontinue the phone and at the same time purchase an apple watch. He said that I could go into the AT&T store in Heath, Ohio and take care of there would be no activation fees. We were eligible for an upgrade.
At the store the sales person stated that there would be an activation fee because it was the store and company policy.
I was an AT&T customer for many years and updated many phones without fees.
Beware because they will tell you one thing to get you in the store and do something completely different.
More ATT Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T DSL Equipment Rebate - rebate offer is a rip off! 
- AT&T - crooks 
- AT&T - sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.
- AT&T U - Verse - at&t rewards 
- AT&T U - Verse - extremely poor service