AT&Tdirect tv/directv now

A

I received a letter from Credence Collection regarding my AT&T Direct TV account last week after receiving two emails in the past month from AT&T to confirm my account is not in arrears. Please note: my account has never been in arrears.

I am beyond irate this account has been turned over for collection. I was under the impression the close of my Direct TV account was finally resolved (after almost a year). I took a free trial with Direct TVNow for three months, and canceled it immediately upon seeing the letter from collection. I will never use AT&T again for cell service, television, or online service. I honestly think AT&T provides the worst customer service of any company in America.

I have endured months of stress that was never justified in the first place. Since discontinuing my Direct TV account LAST NOVEMBER, 2017, AT&T handled the equipment removal and everything else involving this situation in the most disrespectful customer service manner imaginable. I have spent HOURS writing letters, placing phone calls, and now this. My credit is extremely important to me, and AT&T has turned this account over with absolutely no justification. My DVR's, remotes, cables, and every single piece of equipment I was issued has been returned (and received) per AT&T's instructions many months ago. My account was always been paid on time, and I have always been an excellent AT&T customer.

My relationship with AT&T for cell phone service and many years with Direct TV (going back to the early 2000's in Tucson, Arizona), has forever changed for me now in the most negative way possible.

CarlaCoale Dec 22, 2018

And they never keep a promise to what they are charging you. If they breach a contract why can't we sue them. Right!

CarlaCoale Dec 22, 2018

I will never do business with them again. I use to own a few businesses and they would send letters that looked like Marketing letters. They were actually letters telling you that they were changing your service and would charge you for the change if you did not respond. Very unethical practices.

CarlaCoale Dec 22, 2018

Yes, they are horrible. They ripped me off as well.