Atelier-M Londoncomplaint about the salon and owner

T

I was visiting friends near the salon and passed by seeing that they had an offer for laser hair removal. The salon was closed despite saying open on Mondays and then wed-Saturday. I was ringing the bell and called the salon but there was no response. Eventually a few days later I got through and enquired about the laser hair removal offer that I was told would be finished the end of the month. The owner Meeta said to come in for a patch test. I went in for the patch test and before I left she said if I wanted to take advantage of the reduced price I had to pay in advance. So I paid the £699 by credit card. That evening I came out with a rash in the area which is not a surprise as the salon did look dirty and unhygienic with dirty towels and no signs of disinfecting products. I tried calling the next day but no answer. I had an appointment for something else that week and Meeta calls me a few hours before that appointment which was also paid for and she cancelled the appointment last minute. Although I was accommodating initially to that as I can appreciate we all have certain emergencies but when I told her I wanted a refund as I don't feel comfortable commencing with the laser hair removal as my skin is extra sensitive and for my health I don't feel I am suitable, she flipped and became rude and aggressive saying it is not up to me to decide that and she refused to give me a refund. She also refused to acknowledge cancelling the appointment we had and at this point I too have to work and had to arrange a day off for this appointment as she doesn't make it easy to book appointments. I am shocked at how her behaviour was so unprofessional. She was rude, aggressive, does not know the meaning of customer service. I reported her salon to the police and the citizens advice bureau as she has basically stolen my money since she took it but has not provided a refund. I don't know how she sleeps at night but places like this should not be allowed to remain open as it is deceiving to customers. I checked on the London Hair and Beauty awards site and there is no mention that she won the award. False advertising and a scammer.

Lisa111 Dec 06, 2016

Hard working buisnesses who have no time for lies and RUBBISH
    Awards only go to inspected clean and respected salons

Lisa111 Dec 06, 2016

We are an award winning salon 2016 !!!
    Thank you as we attended the Marriott hotel ceremony and definetly Awarded the beauty salon of the year !!!
    Jealous rivals will keep lying about us we don't mind, we know ourselves .
    With over 4K happy clients we advise customers to read beyond these immature reviews who clearly have shown their nasty side

@Lisa111 Award winning salon