Arlington AutosJunk Car

D Review updated:

1 year ago I purchased an Audi A4 from these guys... what a mistake. The car had 45, 000 miles on it at the time. Within the first 2 months I was already having it serviced; luckily under the official Audi Warranty. A couple months passed- I had to replace a coil pack- okay, no big deal those go out. My key stopped working almost immediately- I've been told it is broken- it currently works on and off. Then the real problems began. At approx. 6 months of ownership the car does not start about 10% of the time. At 10 months my temp. gage just stops working, shortly thereafter my AC starts blowing hot air occasionally. Then I go jump in the hunk of junk one morning and it would not go into gear. Okay, now I'm pissed- the clutch and all related parts had to be changed- forget the CARS warranty- I'll fill you in on that momentarily. So my brother changes all these things for me, along with the temp gage and checks over the AC. Well, now the car does not start 50% of the time. Although it does click when it doesn't start- classic sign of the starter going out.

Here we go. I call CARS (the extended warranty- $1300) and ask what the procedure is, wanting to take advantage of this pricey warranty. So I do what they say- take the car to a reputable shop, in the phone book, etc. The bid is approx. $500. So I think, yeah I pay $100 deductable. Oh no, don't forget that they only cover $60/ hour. Okay so I also owe $30 per hour on top of that. Wait! I also cover the sales tax. So alright I fully expect to pay about $180 for this repair. Well of course the car starts when I take it in, of course. Why would I want to shovel out $200 for nothing- I don't want to be stranded- fix it! Oh no, and if they do get the car to not start CARS wants to send them a starter. You name one shop that will accept customer parts- that's how they make their money, HELLO! So I call CARS and RICK wants to help. He can see it from my side, but according to him they need to sit outside and turn my car off and on until it doesn't start for them. B.S. Then once the determination is made if they want to use their shop parts CARS only reimburses them for what they would have paid for the starter, whick of course is at least 1/2 of what the shop charges for it. So here I am supposed to wait for my car to not start PERMENANTLY, and the pay $350- $400 of the $500 repair. WHAT.A.JOKE.

You have been warned... ARLINGTON AUTOS SELLS JUNK CARS... CARS WARRANTY WILL COST YOU MORE IN THE LONG RUN!!!

That is if you want to call that a warranty- the definition of warranty is: a usually written guarantee of the integrity of a product and of the maker's responsibility for the repair or replacement of defective parts. HA!

• I
      Jul 27, 2009

Arlingto autos ripped me off more then the gentleman above. I consider you lucky because arlington autos sold me a car and ended up stealing it from me and burning it down since they had a second pair of keys. The Audi a6 had problems so Brett told me to bring back there and it was stolen from their lot. This all went through my insurance and they claimed no responsibilty. Stupidly i was convinced to purchase another car through them and it was a lemon ve passat. I purchSed an extended warranty and it was fake!!! They never sent cars the
    money !!! I ended up losing 9k because of this dealership. May Brett rott in hell for all that he had done to me and anyone else that was burnt by him.

• N
      May 07, 2010

I purchased an A4 in June of 2009 and have no problems with it. I did my do diligence, read the CARFAX report that was provided by Arlington Autos. The only thing I've had to pay for so far is regular maintenance.

• R
      May 11, 2010

Wow, what a surprise with all the unfortunate problems that some of these buyers had with their purchases from Arlington Autos. My purchase of a 2005 VW Passat was a great experience and the car has been working wonderfully without any problems. I paid $11K for it with 34K miles and they also gave me trade-in value on a 2000 Passat that had 115K miles. I guess that I hope not to need the warranty that I purchased, but they did show me a stack of fulfillments. Definitely check CarFax before you purchase anything.

• S
      Jun 02, 2010

I bought an Audi A6 and the worthless CARS Warranty that they pushed on me. The CARS warranty will not pay the going rate to have Audis worked on. DONT by them! They would only replace my AC compressor with a crap rebuilt and guess what? Now, it is a year and half later and it is out. Audi will not warranty it. They would not replace most of anything that has gone wrong, including a cracked gas tank. I called to complain and Arlington Autos just said "it is great!" What! They are making commissions and not following up on what they sell you. I told them the issues and no called me back.

I asked them to stop selling the plan, they are still selling. Everyone needs to report CARS to the TX Attorney Generel's Office ASAP. They refused to pay for everything, except a crappy worthless rebuilt AC compressor. An Audi is an Audi, they break down all of the time.

• B
      Jun 17, 2010

Apparantly there are problems with Audi then.

I had a great experience 2 years ago purchasing a 2004 VW Passat. It was the best deal anywhere. I give more credit to God for making things happen the way they did. I paid $10, 995 for a 21, 000 mile formerly leased car from the Houston area according to CarFax. For that mileage, anywhere else and according to Blue book retail would have been at least
    $14, 000. I have only had some minor problems since then, which are VW problems in wear and tear.

Nothing to do with Arlington Autos, but with CARS. I chose to go to the dealership to take care of my VW. No repair shop really wants to work on a VW; I want the pro to work on my car properly. My first issues was with the driverside rear window. I had to have a pin put back in place to hold the driverside rear window from sliding down; that is not covered by CARS. I had to replace within two months of each other, 1 year after purchase, both half shafts (drive shafts of the front wheels). Of the half shafts, the rubber boot tore open. I've seen this before on other cars, no problem. CARS did not help. They are a pain for any repair shop; dealership or not. CARS is slow, and they are rude according to my dealership service advisor. I don't want to put him/her through that. And, only then did I realize CARS only covers parts, preferably used parts; WHAT???!!! No labor covered. And the list of parts they cover are critical parts. I have learned to deal, not with CARS or any other wierd warranty, but only through my cars maker. I gave up on CARS, letting them keep their pick-pocket money. I went to VW and got warranty straight from them.

I have no issue with Arlington Autos and the deal I got. Yes, CARS is not a good business. Arlington should consider something else. Warning to any future puchase; don't get CARS warranty. Arlington Autos is a place worth considering a VW.

• J
      Jun 23, 2010

Does anybody know if Arlington Autos is still in business? Their website hasn't loaded for months and numbers I have for them don't go through. I bought an Audi from them last September and haven't had any issues with it yet. Minor leak in the windshield washer resevoir, but thats it.

• I
      Jun 28, 2010

If anybody knows a way to get in touch with them please post the # or link. I bought a car from them and NEVER received my title!!!