Arise Technologies Inc.It looks like another scam is being run, this time using this company's name

M

I received a text message yesterday from a Mr. Mark Book, informing me that they looked over my resume, and that Mr. John Hook wanted to interview me at Google Hangout. I logged on to Google Hangout and ended up being interviewed by Mr. Hook via chat. He introduced himself as follows:

Mr John Hook Director of Quality Control and Employee Compliance of Arise Technology, Age 53, my cell number is [protected] and i received my B.A. in French from Louisiana State University in New Orleans and also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans., The Hiring manager to the Arise Inc

His email is [protected]@gmail.com.

As he interviewed me, he seemed to sound legit, as he was telling me that I would be paid $30/hr for either full or part-time hours. The part time hours sounded wonderful to me...being a wife and mom of a special-needs child. He also said that there would be benefits, that they would send me a W-4, laptop, and a check to purchase the software for the job.

I started these tasks this morning. I was on task #2 just a minute ago, when I decided to research the topic given: how to avoid overdue accounts in accounting. That's how I came across this site, and saw VERY similar stories of the same process. I am SO glad I saw them in time. These people are vultures! They know that many of us are looking for legitimate employment, and they do all they can to scam innocent people.

The sad thing is, they are using the name of Arise, which I understand to be a legitimate company. I looked on their official website, and they list the board of directors and executives of the company, with photos and bios. There is NO Mr. John Hook anywhere on their website. I doubt that Mr. Mark Book exists either.

I would rather do legitimate janitorial work than to be scammed online. Thank you to everyone before me who shared their experience with this scam. You have saved me and my bank account from a world of problems!

• evaluations.r.us Dec 13, 2016

This just pisses me off. I went through the interview process on Google Hangouts, was hired, and when they gave me an email address to send my personal information to ([email protected]), I asked to see the agreement first. Then I Googled that address and found this site.
    BEWARE!! They contacted me through Upwork with a job proposal. I have since received a second one.
    They both use Aetna as the company, but the first one had Arise Inc and Karina Robertson's name on it.
    Other names:
    Angela Marie Nobleon ([email protected])
    Mr. James / Mark Wood ([email protected])
    Can somebody PLEASE stop these people?!

• Kr
    krs1 Dec 30, 2016

@evaluations.r.us I have Angela Marie Nobleon on my GChat right now!! Thank you for posting this. Something seemed fishy to me, such a long interview process just for some simple data entry stuff. I googled the name and lo-and-behold this page came up. "She" sent me the same story, apparently copied off of Aetna's "History" page:

"Welcome to the Aetna company, I believe you are here for the job briefing/interview. As we proceed further with the briefing and interview, you will get to know more about the opening position.

I'm Mrs Angela Marie Nobleon Director of Quality Control and Employee Compliance of Aetna Inc . Age 56, my cell number is [protected] and I received my B.A. in French from Louisiana State University in Ohio and also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I am the Hiring manager to the Aetna Inc and am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position. Please introduce yourself

::I introduced myself here::

Aetna Inc company would like to welcome you to our company once again.

Just follow the briefing and you can ask questions when I am through. Let me know when you have finished reading and understand every line. You will be allowed to ask questions later. With each line just respond with Okay done.
    Our company's mission, values and goals are expressed the Aetna Inc. The Aetna Inc way encompasses our shared sense of purpose and provides clarity as we pursue our operational and strategic goals.
    Aetna Insurance Company organized an annuity fund to sell life insurance in 1850. In 1853 the Annuity department separated from Aetna Insurance and incorporated as Aetna Life Insurance Company. The company's first president is Eliphalet A. Bulkeley. The "Aetna" name had been retained to take advantage of the good reputation of the original Aetna. The name was inspired by an 11, 000-foot volcano on the eastern shores of Sicily, Mt. Etna, which was the most active volcano in Europe.
    In 1861 Aetna began offering participating life insurance policies, which paid dividends to policyholders just as the mutuals did, but gave Aetna the ability to better compete in the marketplace. Aetna launched its new product with an aggressive promotional effort, which included higher commission rates for agents. This shift in strategy caught the industry by surprise. With the outbreak of the Civil War, many companies were thinking of retrenching, not expansion, however the devastation of the battlefields combined with a prosperous wartime economy sparked a surge in life insurance purchases.
    Here are some interesting facts we think you'd like to know about the job and our company:
    Founded in 1853 in Hartford, CT Aetna is committed to providing individuals, employers, health care professionals, producers and others with innovative benefits, products and services. Discover more about our organization. That is why we are looking for 16 new hires to work from home. Once the new branches have been built at your location, you can either chose to work in a office or continue working from home.
    Now going into Data entry/bookkeeping Customer Service/Sales/auditing Medical biller /Administration Assistant accounting work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privileged, disabled and mainly to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy.
    commit Our Goal is to help our clients achieve success. We do this because of our complete focus and ment on quality.

You will be working online from home for now. The working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice. The pay is $35 per hour, training is $20 per hour and you will get payment by weekly via check or direct deposit. Working 30 to 40 hours weekly, if you are considered for this position you will be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor. Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans. Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts.
    Our core strength lies in the ability to build customized teams in bay town for our clients and to make these teams a seamless extension of the clients’ organizations.
    We are currently working on the location in your area that is why you are been employed online. Once the office is available you will be assigned to work over there if hired.

There are two schedules for work in which one of them must be devoted part time and full time. Both schedules are from Monday to Friday. Full time is 8am-5pm while part time is 9am-2pm. Note that there is a one week paid training for the job and the benefits are Health insurance, dental, lunch and holiday time paid off. Benefits start in 2 months time.
    The duties are: Input information from a variety of sources into a computer database. May take customer orders and enter them into a pre-established tracking system. Assignments will be sent to you via e-mail or IM and you will report directly to your immediate supervisor.

The company just started with the idea of an online job due to the less privileged and for the disabled to also have an opportunity of working because of their condition doesn't mean they cant work so this is an opportunity for them to also work as well.
    Understood...?"

I answered some questions and then realized what was going on so I stopped replying. Ugh!!!

• Ro
    RobXpert Apr 04, 2017

They are at it again, for 2017, trolling UpWork. Thanks to the fellow people who posted about this before. They use the name Aetna Inc, and the email addresses to watch out for are, in addition to the above, are [email protected], and a Maxine Fleming. They post the fake jobs on Upwork scheduling fake interviews, and then trying to get the 'new recruit' to pay for software needed for a training package. It's now $550, and they "don't accept credit cards."

Aetna Inc.

Yolanda Dean [email protected]
    Jenna Miller

• Mo
    moemiles May 10, 2017

I just went through the process with Maxine Fleming from Aetna, on google hangouts...I got suspicious when they asked my age. That would never be a question in the hiring process. another one of the scams. This was also via Upwork.

• Pa
    Paul Limgenco Jul 29, 2017

I received an invitation through Upwork to interview for Yolanda Dean. I didn't go through with it thanks to everybody's posts on here. It was a very unusual job posing for Upwork for several reasons. I was invited 2 hours earlier to interview for the same gig. The invites were sent by Samira Jones and James Luck. The Jones post said they needed 25 freelancers and the Luck post said they need 45 which is unusually high. The description is very generic where as most are very personal. I attached a screenshot of one of the gigs in case this helps anybody. Thanks!

Comments