Applewood Payless, Anderson INBakery Order Unsatisfactory

On October 9th I called the Applewood Bakery at Payless to order a birthday/retirement cake. I asked that it have the base frosting airbrushed camouflaged and my husband's rank insignia from the Army placed in all 4 corners. The camouflage looked like a child had done it! There is no pink or white in Army camouflage!! We picked the cake up on October 13th and the party was on the 14th. I called the store back after I saw the cake and complained to one of the managers. I was told there was nothing they could do about it at this late date nor could they make it up to me. I went ahead and used it for the party and found that the cake was very dry and did NOT taste right. My 9 year old granddaughter could have baked my husband's cake and it would have probably turned out better!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices