Complaints & Reviews

Missing furniture

This company broke our contract by delivering our furniture 26 days after the 14 day notification on our original c0ntract. Then they delivered 1 month late a partial delivery we are missing 15 pieces of furniture and they have not even tried to find our belongings. We have called to try and resolve this mater to no avail with the General manager Allen . I have contacted the delivering company Olympia movers and they have all the original paperwork that shows our missing pieces they told me today 8/17 that they gave the paperwork to A Pioneer over 2 weeks ago.
We want this issue resolved and our furniture found ASAP. Please contact us at [protected].
Anne and John Cariola

fuveges Aug 20, 2009

Check out www.fuveges.com/apioneer-is-a-rip-off.htm or http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/apioneer-c244156.html

Misleading information and overcharge

We used "A Pioneer Moving" to pack and move us. We received a quote for this full pack move which included $150 for packing supplies. When the movers did this move, the packing supplies alone constituted more than $1250 (and the final move cost exceeded $3000, compared to an estimated cost of approximately $1500). The foreman of the moving crew told us that given the companies per box prices (which were many times in excess of cost and which he said was how the company made most of its profits) all full pack moves have supply costs of far in excess of $150. While I understand that estimates cannot be exact, this estimate was off by a factor of more than 8 times the final cost; it was several times lower than the lowest cost of any other past customer (according to their own crew foreman). As such, in my view their quote was not given in good faith and was meant to mislead us.

A Pioneer Moving Systems
13451 Damar Dr
Philadelphia, PA 19116
[protected] Local
[protected] Toll free
[protected] Fax

• Ca
    Cara Miller May 15, 2008

I have to disagree. This company was nothing but wonderful. They came into my house and prepared my move accordingly. They went into each individual room and made sure the estimate given was what it would take. It only took 1/2 an hour over the estimate, which I was HAPPY to pay because of the excellent service I got. I got a clean move with no damages and no suprises. This company is excellent from Start to Finish!

• Sc
    screwed by apioneer May 20, 2009

This company does low-ball estimates, never does an on-site estimate and charges unfortunate customers at least double. Al Jenkins is an uneducated liar.

fuveges Aug 20, 2009

I wont bore you with the lengthy details of my horrible experience with Alan Jenkins and Apioneer movers. Please don't thank me, I'm sure you have your own horror story with tis rip off of a company.
    This can be found on my website at www.fuveges.com/apioneer-is-a-rip-off.htm

If you are having a problem with Apioneer Movers in Philadelphia, and you haven't gotten anywhere with their claims department in New York. It is in my opinion, because they are inept and only meant to push you off for 120 days until you hopefully go away, not to actually recoup money for your claims...

If you would like to take Apioneer to court, here's the process...
    Gather all of your documents, pictures, claims etc... Send them and
    $56 to file pers check made out to “District Court” (In the district that they moved you from)
    7.25 Certified mail if apioneer is Incorporated
    27 Money order if apioneer is not Inc (A person has to go there to have someone sign)
    Then both parties will be sent a Hearing date in time.

I can also give you 2 options before taking apioneer to court not meant to recoup money, but rather to punish Apioneer for it's practices..

1) http://www.puc.state.pa.us/general/filecomplaints.aspx Apioneer’s PUC is “PUC-A-00115139” Call 215 965 3721. The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission Looks to violate (not to get money) so if you want to get reimbursed you can try this first and then take them to court. You’ll want to have all your documents in order, bill of lading, pictures of damages, estimates for repairs, any claims filing you have already done etc… Fax 215 965 4262 Everything Att Bill Kilrain It will then be assigned to an enforcement officer, then he will go after apioneer

2) http://attorneygeneral.gov/complaints.aspx?id=451 Attorney General Tom Corbett Consumer Protection 800 441 2555 Fill out this complaint form and mail it in with the same documents as above…

If you have dealt with Alan Jenkins you know how hard it is for him to tell the truth and be fair so I'm sure you're frustrated. He doesn't care about you because the bulk of his business is moving foreclosed properties left over furniture where nobody cares about a damaged wall or furniture..

fuveges Aug 20, 2009

I agree with the complaint and disagree with the first commenter and couldn't agree more with the second...

This company did exactly that, gave me a low ball estimate and free crating to get my business, then at the time of the move, added an extra truck, broke our furniture, lost furniture etc...

Read more about how to go after Apioneer through the PUC of Pennslyvania and the Attorney General's office of consumer protection like I did after getting nowhere trying to get honesty out of Apioneer and Alan Jenkins personally as the acting Manager.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices