Apex Professionalsloss of my time

R

My husband and I had to sit thru almost 2 hours of a lot of double talk with the company apex, they wanted us to give them over $1800 AND my timeshare deed to end my obligation of owning a time share. I was under the impression they would BUY my timeshare to end my obligation, NOT have me give them money. WHAT A JOKE. AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. they should be banned from having these awful scams.

• Da
    Daniel Nov 15, 2008

I actually signed the dotted line with this company a few months ago and I we are totally happy. We had a timeshare with El Dorado Resorts and these guys went to bat for us and got us out of a moneypit. We had called and called El Dorado and they were unwilling to work with us after I was out of work. Sure it cost a bit of money, but ultimately Apex's small fee is better than the MULTIPLE THOUSANDS I used to owe. Rosanne, no offense, but if your that naive to think this company would do you a service for free, when you were silly enough to get into a timeshare in the first place... your crazy lol. You have no reason to complain about a company you have never worked with lol. Take it from me people, someone who is grateful to be out of this timeshare nightmare, go with these guys to get you out of your timeshare. If you don't choose this company, even though I would recommend them, at least get out of your timeshare somehow. Timeshare's are a fraud.

• Ol
    oldtimer_1928 Nov 16, 2008

I also sold my timeshare through these people and was very happy with everything. I felt good about them when I met with them and everything happened during closing that they said would happen.

They had lots of customer testimonials and they are really a good company. I found some more online about them that you might find interesting. The owners recently gave $10, 000 for thanksgiving food baskets for families that can't afford a nice thanksgiving dinner.

Anyway, it worked out great for me and my family who did not want the timeshares.

• Fi
    fields_dustin Nov 20, 2008

I happen to know these guys are credible. They successfully took my timeshare off my hands. No more increasing maintenance fees... amen. Besides we never used our timeshare anyway.

mason777 Nov 20, 2008

My timeshare sold VERY easily with these guys. Granted I had a newer timeshare and not some run down place in South Dakota or something. I was uneasy at first, but after meeting with them I decided to give this a try. I received notice the sell of my timeshare had completed successfully! This is not a scam. I'm sure there are scams out there, but Apex was really helpful and professional.

• Th
    thefish Nov 21, 2008

Many timeshare owners receive money on the spot for their timeshares. I have worked with Apex and I came away with the opposite experience. The meeting was helpful and informative, although it reminded me of how silly I was to buy my timeshare in the first place lol. I am a success story. No scam here.

• Ig
    IGOR ASTAKHOV Nov 28, 2008

I have timashare flex week and wanted to sell it, but by now all those marketing companies are only taking money upfront and no sail offers came since 2005.
    Why this one is different?
    If there any upfront fee involved, than that's a scam, in my view.
    Please, advise.

• Ri
    Rick Whaley Dec 01, 2008

I have been trying to sell my timeshare for about 2 years and the so called resellers never call back after getting my money based off what my timeshare is worth does Apex give you a fair price for it? Or am I just expecting to much

• Ru
    Rubyslippers Dec 06, 2008

I just signed with these guys last night. I wasn't as skeptical as most because I have had my timeshare for 20 years now, and nothing surprises me anymore. I've been trying for 7 years now to unload it, and can't even give it away. So I went into this knowing I was probably going to have to PAY to get out of this. And that's exactly what this company is all about. Each case is different, so I won't get into mine too much. But if you want out, just remember what your savings are going to be over the longrun by not having it. So if it costs you something now, do it. I will warn you that what the costs are to you that they charge you are all the closing costs, which is ususally paid by the buyer, not the seller. But they feel that they are doing you such a huge favor, that that's where they make their money. I didn't care at this point, so I went for it. Do some homework first. Call your resort and find out what their transfer fees are when "reselling" the timeshare. My resort, for example, doesn't charge anything. But Apex will tell you that the average resort is $600! I was able to cut that out of what they were trying to charge me because I produced written proof. Also, they will try to charge you legal fees and title search fees. Call a lawyer in the town or city where your resort is and simply ask approximately how much they normally charge to do this. Then at least you can negotiate with Apex on that, too. These people will negotiate with you until you reach a number that's comfortable for you. What they don't make on you, they'll make on someone else.

• Ga
    Gary Dec 08, 2008

My wife and I attended one of these presentations recently and while it may not be a scam, I wouldn't say it was a great thing either. We have 2 timeshares and wouldn't mind only having one. Unlike some people who have posted messages, we use, exchange or are able to rent them out every year. We did list once w/ a "timeshare resale company" for about $100 and quickly learned that was bogus. I really didn't know what to expect w/ Apex. However, I did not expect to have to pay $3500 for them to "relieve me" of my timeshare. We stayed for the whole presntation. They do not sell your timeshare. What it sounds like is they place it with a travel company. They showed us a Costco Travel magazine showing travel offers that they tried to say were approximately what our maintenance fees are. They are not. I went on Costco's web site and it's not much cheaper or the same as deals you see in the paper or anywhere else. They showed us a paper w/ timeshares for sell on ebay for $1. What they didn't show was that the closing costs are around $400. I don't know if there's more charges if you do it on your own, but I bet it doesn't add up to $3500. I looked at some of the selling prices on ebay and they ranged from $25 to into the $1000's. They said there would be tax savings over the next three years doing this. They are probably correct but I'll keep my $3500 now and seek other alternatives. In the end, ironically, it was exactly like a timeshare presentation. The guy went through his info, went back to talk to a guy, came back and when we said no, left again and came back w/ the guy to rehash everything.

I guess what it comes down to is if you're really desperate, don't use or are otherwise dissatisfied w/ your timeshare, this may be one option. We use our timeshares so this wasn't what we were looking for. But I can't help but think there may be other less expensive options.

• Ha
    Harriet Jan 21, 2009

Well, I too was suspicious, though I went in hoping they would pay me a nominal amount to take over my timeshare. But the information they shared with me, and certain experiences I have had, convinced me that the cost of maintenance fees ($800 this year), and two weeks of exchanges each year ($150 average), would add up pretty quickly to the amount they asked to take the timeshare off my hands.

I had offered to sell it to any of my friends or family members who wanted it, and no one was interested. I had signed up with two different timeshare rental/sale outfits, who each wanted $350 to advertise it. And I'm now retired and my son has a low-paying job so we are unable to keep up with the costs.

I was shown evidence that even if I wanted to just forfeit and give up the timeshare, I would still be legally bound to pay the maintenance fees forever, and that I could not even donate or give it away.

• Ts
    ts =frauds Mar 17, 2009

what a shame!these timeshare companys and anything asociated with them are all CROOKS!i have never been so disappointed with anything more than the entire timeshare scheme.i"ve spent more time and money with so called" professionals" that i"M sick of it!i regret ever having gotten into this timeshare mess!

angel Mar 17, 2009

How many people do you think who got rid of their timeshares would want to write positive comments about a company on complaintboard? Jonathan Gibbs is behind this.

madmenrock24 Apr 18, 2009

Take a look at the connection between Apex Professionals and WE Collect Timeshares

APEX - We Collect Timeshares, etal — Timeshare RipOff

• Th
    TheKillers May 26, 2009

I went to Apex’s presentation this past weekend and was very close to using their services until I did some research. There are numerous complaints against this company and evidence of this company being owned by Jonathan Gibbs, the previous owner of ‘We Collect Timeshares.’ The evidence is very convincing such as the closing service company Apex uses is Preferred Transfers LLC, which is owned by Christine Gibbs, wife of Jonathan. (http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=15335) If this is the case, I am definitely not using Apex because ‘We Collect Timeshares’ was shutdown for misconduct and was featured on Abc7 news. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ide&id=5475716 Jonathan Gibbs himself has a long running history of changing company names multiple times to avoid bad press and what not. Do your research and don’t be scammed by this company.

• Ci
    CINDY M May 27, 2009

We Collect Timeshare’s was not shut down at all. The abc news clip is old and does not tell the end of the story which is the customer’s property was transferred. WCT got a Real-estate license and WA state was licensing department was satisfied with that since WCT was operating well within the law.

We Collect Timeshares is not a scam. They provide the same service as Timeshare Relief, Timeshare Acquisitions, Timeshare Rescue, ETC>….take your pick.

All their customers properties were transferred and fees paid by WCT according to their contracts.
    Only a phony competitor would try to pass off “TheKiller’s” comments above as fact, since they are not.

WCT was never shut down and is not in trouble with ANY government or regulators. So why would someone say that they are unless it benefits that person or company some how?

J and R H. Jun 26, 2009

As we waisted our time listening to the bull they wanted us to pay $3400 and $1900 for the additional 2 that we own. After we said no they used foul language with us. Stay away from this company its a scam.

• Wy
    wyndhamrocks-apexsucks Jul 25, 2009

I agree with Roseanne - a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!! I had received similar things in the past and went to the presentation and wasn't interested. I use my timeshares and love them, but I have two and don't need them. I received the offer from Apex to attend their seminar and they would make an offer on my property. When I called to make the reservation, I asked directly if they wanted money from me and my timeshare, I was told no we will make an offer.

On the day of the seminar, I left a family function to attend and when I arrived I signed in and asked again if they would want money from me to take it off of my hands. Again I was told no, we will make an offer. So I sat around for a while and when I was met with a rep he immediately started with his pitch about how people can't sell timeshares, and so on... So I asked him if he wanted money to take my timeshare and he said the company that manages the timeshares wants money to take over, so yes it will require money from me! I freaked out! I told him that I asked directly if this was the case several times and was told no, you will make an offer. He actually said (and I quote), "We are making an offer. You can't sell it so this is a fair market offer." I wanted to punch the guy in his face!

Like I said, it's one thing if you don't use your timeshare, but I do. I can go anywhere at anytime and it's paid off, so all I have are maintenance fees. Guess what? $500 per year for maintenance fees are a lot less than a hotel for a week on vacation and it's a resort, not a hotel. Don't let these people make you believe that they are doing you a favor. If you don't want your timeshare, you can give it to someone and take it out of your name. You can give it back to the resort company if it's paid off. There are options that do not include these thieves!

• Pr
    proudgma Sep 21, 2009

This company is a total scam. Timeshare Acquisition, We Collect Timeshares, Preferred Transfers, Apex Professionals - they are all the same company owned by Jonathan & Christine Gibbs of Tumwater, WA. The positive comments below are totally written by Jonathan Gibbs. Don't waste your time folks!!

• Sm
    SmokieinVa Sep 24, 2009

This is definately a scam. Timeshare owners should do their research on places like this before they sign any type of contract. There are legitimate websites catering to timeshare owners where you get the real info on what is going on with companies such as this. Recommend www.tug2.net among others

• Di
    dimurr Oct 12, 2009

So, tell me, how many of you who chose not to go with Apex or think they are a scam, have successfully sold your timeshare in today's market. I just signed with them to offload 2 timeshares and I'm relieved and glad I did. I don't need to the headache or financial burden of it anymore. I have tried brokers, listing, advertising, etc. The sad reality of the timeshare scam is that millions like us are all regrettably embarrassed about being duped in the first place and having faith in what we were told by the scam artists who sold us the properties. I'll take the hit now so I won't have to later.

• 19
    1909stlouis Oct 13, 2009

I have been told by an attorney that if anyone to whom I sold my timeshare(s) defaulted on the maintenance payments, then I am once again on the hook. If this or any other company folds up its tents and goes away, wouldn't the original owners once again be liable for the maintenance fees? I figure I will just put them in my will going back to the resort(s).

• Gl
    GladysM Oct 14, 2009

Thanks to all of you, I'm not going to set up an appointment!

• Ar
    argwa09 Oct 17, 2009

Who ever you are who wrote the rediculous complaint above, let me just tell you you're nuts! You will never find another company as helpful as this one when it comes to getting your timeshare off your hands. I had a lot of success with this company and even recommended it to some friends of mine. They are also very pleased with Apex. Their process is simple, fast, and effective. I rate this company NUMBER ONE!

• Rc
    rconigit Nov 11, 2009

I, too, have mixed feelings about these companies. I guess this is the 'fad' for this year. The fad for the past few years was the fast talking sales people and TV ads saying they can sell our timeshare. We signed up with the first group, RTR of Margate, Fla some years back. I don't even know the year now. We paid them $690 and that was the end of that. We called them a couple of times, then it slid into the ocean I guess. Then we did it again, we were desperate to sell and the guy on the phone talked a good talk. We signed up with Timeshares Only out of Orlanda, at a cost of $700 in Dec. 2007. If they didn't sell it right away, we would receive rental money for it. I had to call them for any info, although I did get a confirmation form in the mail that we had signed up for our property to be posted. That's all they do, believe me. I thought about contacting the Attorney General of Fla. about these organizations. Never did.

Now the new fad is these companies who tell us we won't have to pay our 2010 maintenance fees, they have a 100% success rate. I have attended a meeting of Transfer Smart. They are nice people, really open your eyes to the sham of timeshare and for $7, 000 could relieve me of my yearly debt. Sure timeshare was good back in 1985 when I first purchased, but now all that has been said about timeshares being difficult to book is very true. That's because companies like this one transfer our deeded property to companies that rent them out. That wonderful ad you saw for a dream vacation at a beautiful resort for $299 for the week is really just a timeshare place like yours and mine being rented out cheap by travel companies. I also was in contact with another such company in Pa. and their offer was almost $2000 less than Transfer Smart to transfer my timeshare. True, it relieves you of the liability and you save money over the long run, but it just irks me to pay someone to make money from my property. There has to be a better way. Two years ago a gentleman who purchases timeshares told me my 510, 000 VIP gold points were worth about a 1 cent per point. Now that's gone too.

Even to get someone to put it on ebay, I was told it would cost me $495. The real fact is, to get rid of timeshare you have to pay for it. I feel defeated. And my $3000 yearly maintenance and taxes will be due in Jan. We're getting too old to travel much.

• Ti
    tieaknot120 Nov 18, 2009

I was doing a little digging when looking to sell my timeshare and came across Apex. They seemed to be giving me an offer for my timeshare, but the other reviews I've read said that they would simply take your money and your timeshare. Then I just read on a blog today about Apex's settlement. Apparently they were taken to task for shoddy practices. Essentially people (like myself) believed Apex was going to offer us money for our timeshares, and when they attended the presentation they were asked to fork over $3500.
    What's more, they apparently told their customers that they could receive tax credits. Most of us know that's not true. But those attending the meeting believed it enough to be deceived by them when they gave them their timeshare.
    So now they've been ordered $120, 000 in restitution and settlements.
    Story is here: http://www.legalnewsline.com/news/224086-time-share-repurchaser-settles-with-vt

• Sr
    srbj Nov 29, 2009

Anybody who says they can sell your time share is full of it. As some of these posts have mentioned you can buy timeshares on the internet for a dollar ($1.00). The owner just wants to get out from under the mounting maintenance fees. And, take it from one whose been there, maintenance fees never go down and there are always reasons to raise them. Timeshares are a scam anyway. Think about it. A resort has 200 "suites" that they are selling for, say, $12, 000 PER WEEK! That's $2, 400, 000 per week. Times that by 50 weeks (they always leave two weeks open for maintenance) and that's $120 MILLION to sell out that building. For that kind of money thay can build the structure and maintain it FOREVER. Why even charge a maintenance fee? Because it's even MORE money in their pockets. If you own your timeshare outright and really want to get rid of it file a Quit Claim Deed on the property in the county (or Parish, if in Louisiana) where you bought it and GIVE IT BACK TO THEM! It'll cost you about $50-60 in fees maybe, but they have to take it. You're out from under and they can sell it to some other unsuspecting shmuck--like we were!

• To
    Toronto2010 Dec 10, 2009

Let me get this straight because my mother had asked me to look into Apex. My parents have a timeshare and even though they manage to rent it out every year and are so far not losing any money the fees do keep going up. The main reason they wanted to get rid of the timeshare is because they don't go. It is now far cheaper to do an all inclusive in Mexico than to pay the maintenance fees, flight and other expenses in order to utilize the timeshare.

From what I have read here Apex basically asks you for anywhere between $1800 and $3500 and signs the ownership over to a travel company?

So you don't actually make a cent on your timeshare but instead pay to get rid of it? Is this true?

• Ka
    kapoowi Dec 31, 2009

There's another option nobody has mentioned. If you don't owe any money for your timeshare, how about just let it go? Yes, that's what I said, LET IT GO. True, you will not get back any of the money you paid over the years but when you originally purchased your timeshare did you honestly believe it was an "investment?" Certainly not, but it has probably provided you with several years of reasonably priced vacations. So if you're ready to be done with it, just walk away. If you stop paying the fees, you'll lose the rights to the timeshare. That's all. The world will not end. The sky will not fall. And you can quit feeling ripped-off. It's all good.