AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM 888-840-6301 CTUnknown charge of $14.95

When I inquired I was informed that a 'pop up' had been viewed and caused me somehow to get this membership activated. This could not have been very clear as I totally unknowingly got charged. They did promise to clear this up and reverse the charges - thanks goodness.

• Pa
    PAUL Jan 08, 2008

Who cares call the BBB

• Ne
    Nelson Duran Jan 31, 2008

American express, me this doing positions by membership day 01/15/08 by $29.95 and the day 01/18/08 by $ 1.00, that I never have authorized, please cancels all these positions and give notification to the American Express of this action.

Thanks NELSON DURAN.

• Jf
    J F Feb 08, 2008

I got charged $19.95 from this company as well. When I asked how they got my information, they said it was from a purchase I made online. They said that I had accepted an offer for a $10 rebate. Interesting that I don't remember making a purchase online at the site they mentioned, and also interesting, they (the Identity "protectors") took my information and used it against my will.

Nice.

MARZIE Feb 08, 2008

I have just now gotten off the phone with AP9*PMidentity,com to get reversed a 19.95 charge pop-up that I DID NOT authorize. This showed up on my credit card bank account last P.M. I had never heard of this outfit.

The connection to PMidentity is apparently through INTELIUS. I did make a worthless legitimate charge of $2.95 via Intelius for a reverse cell phone check which was obtuse, and worthless. It appears that 'PMidentity' advertises on the Intelius web site, and tricks folks into a recurring monthly charge which is NOT observable to the customer who purchases from Intelius.

I have been assured through an 'AP9*PMidentity.com' rep (Pat) that the charge of $19.95 will be given credit (reversed) to my banking credit card account within 48 hours. I was given a confirmation number of #19807 with a commitment for the removal of this false charge. I also requested a confirming email of this conversation with 'PMiDentity.'

CAVEAT: BUYER BEWARE WITH INTELIUS, AND AP9*PMiDentity.com.

Leta Reynolds

Charlie Trexler Feb 12, 2008

I just mistakenly sent an email to one of the complaintents, hopefull he reads this and understands my fumbling.
    Today I also noticed a bill for $14.99 taken out of my checking account. I also had no previouse agreement with them . I was surprised and distressed that this can be done without consent!

Charlie

Dancetictoc Feb 12, 2008

We like wise had a $14.95 recurring charge on our charge card. The people at ap9*pmidentity.com said my husband had made the charge and agreed to the service. He said he absolutely did not make this purchase. We didn't even know what it was. I'm trying to contact them and they have put me on hold for a very long time. I finally got someone who would not talk to me because she said my husband made the charge. When I placed her on hold to get my husband, who was on an important business call, Jasmine #24072 hung up. I am currently trying to reach them and have been placed on extended hold. I may have to contact AMEX and have this disputed with them because this company is impossible to reach. This seems to be a scam.

Dan Parkins Feb 13, 2008

I have the same charge on my account and have no idea who or where this originated from.

• Ro
    Robert Mar 03, 2008

I just found the $19.95 charge on my Bank Card also from AP9*PMidentity.com . I did call the company and they are removing/canceling my membership. It was from when I checked on a phone # through "INTELIUS" I advised her that I had not authorized the charge and I wanted it removed. She told me that it is a membership that I had oked and had a &10.00 rebate, or something like that.

The person I talked to was very friendly. It was not a problem for her to remove it... I will watch my account for the credit... If anyone is having trouble getting this taken care of... the lady I talked to was Evelyn, her ID # is 26237. The phone # to the company is 1-888-840-6301. Good Luck, and thanks everyone for posting about this.

james francis Mar 04, 2008

Credit card fraud being charged I never signed up fore is out rages.

• Ke
    Kenneth E Pepper Mar 18, 2008

From 1/19/2008 through 3/14/2008, this "PMIDENTITY.Com-v 888-840" has charged my checking account over $92.00 WITHOUT my permission!

• Fr
    Frank May 02, 2008

The same thing happened to me but it was charged to my credit card. This company is in bed with INTELIUS-INTELIUS.COM DONT USE EITHER SITE OR YOU WILL PAY!!!

Darryl May 14, 2008

Dont try to call pmi.com they will not respond. Contact your credit card company immediatly

• Fr
    Frank May 25, 2008

I think that we as a group and the 50 more complaint sites i have seen against this company are obligated to press a class action law suit. This is a scam and this company should pay. I was billed twice by these fools. I wasn't sure what it was the first time so i thought maybe I made a purcase. When i was billed the second time, I checked the whole thing out and didn't even know what this company was.

• Mi
    Michael Johnson Jun 04, 2008

I fell for this scam. I initially thought I would be getting a copy of my credit score. But all I got was excessive charges from my banking account. Let me chaulk this upto you "live & learn" in the meantime I have had to contact the BBB and my credit card company.

• Rl
    RL Deskin Jun 20, 2008

My bank account was charged $19.95 this morning for what I don't know other then the .com address. So called 888-840-6301 (number listed with the charge). Why or what the reason for charging my account for this amount when not authorized. How can these people get by with doing this. I did not buy nor authorize for this service. This should be against the law to do this and I am going to follow thru with a letter to the State Attorney General of Florida, also as a publisher will inform my readers of this company and their tactics.

Joey Jun 30, 2008

I was shocked to find 2 unauthorized charges of $19.95 on my credit card statements in May & June from the AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V 888-840-6301 CT !!! I used my credit card to pay $2.95 for a phone reverse lookup service provided by Intelius and did not sign up for any membership with this company! I overlooked the first charge, but the second charge caught my attention since I am certain that I did not use this credit card to pay for any services in the month of June. I have tried to contact the company at the 1-800 # but no option to speak with a representative!!! I hope as a group we could do something to press a law suit to this company. Thanks everyone for your helpful information.

• Je
    Jessica Ricketts Jul 21, 2008

I had a charge for $19.95 from PMIDENTITY yesterday, and the phone number was there, so I called. I did not sign up for this; my roomate used my card for the $2.95 phone number lookup some of you mentioned, so that seems to be it. She did not sign up for this, and it reeked of a scam.

They do not give you an option to speak with a representative, so I stayed on the line, not chosing any options, until eventually I was transferred to a representative (this usuallly works).

I stated my issue, and the representative said she would cancel with no refund, so I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor said it was their policy not to issue refunds, and I continued calmly and politely insisting that I would not pay and did not sign up for this service. I forgot to use the phrase "fradulent charges, " which usually makes an impression.

I asked to speak with her supervisor, but there was no one higher (this was Latoya). I said I would not pay for a service I did not authorize, so if no one there would grant me the refund, I would be forced to pursue legal action.

She then changed her tune and said that this was a "special case" and would refund my account within 2 days. We'll see...

What a scam!!!

• Di
    Diana Jul 23, 2008

I had the same problem today with this company!!! Because I did a people search in June, they started taking 19.95 out of my account without my approval. I spoke with someone today and she said I would get back one of the charges of 19.95, however I was charged 19.95 twice. I'm so mad about this and I feel our government should look into companys that scam people.
    This is a SCAM!!!

• Ka
    Katrina Lovell Jul 23, 2008

Ya I just found out that they are charging me also. Back two months ago I did a reverse phone number look up through intellius and some how they got my information and have been charging me also. I'm going to contact someone today about. They have charged me twice. I guess I will see how friendly they really are and how long it takes me to get my money back.

• Te
    Terance Cantrell Jul 24, 2008

Hi,

Could those of you who were promised refunds let us know if you got them? It would be helpful to the rest of us.

Also, if you can say how you got them to agree to your request for refunds.

Thanks much,

TC

• Tz
    tz Jul 24, 2008

I received my cc statement and saw this charged and immediately thought something was up. I looked online at recent activity and they had already charged me again. I called them and the guy said they would refund one charge and cancel it. I said I never authorized any of it and I wanted both charges back. He said he was only allowed to refund one charge and sent me to a supervisor. I told her that she had better refund both charges or we would presue legal action. She said they would. I also contacted our cc company and let them know. Both people I spoke to were foreign and I could barely understand them. So be aware of how quickly they speak and be firm. Now I will monitor my account to make sure the refunds are made.

daniel Jul 26, 2008

i found out that we are entitled to one free credit report a year. this is true, but what they don't tell you is you are automatically enrolled in a credit monitoring service. I'm sure some where on the site their is a small disclaimer about it, but when you trust this site with your financial information to get you your free credit report as it say you don't stop o think the 2 months down the line you first bill will pop up, that's, right i know what their doing id wrong so they wait to bill you keeping it under $20.00 dollars hopping's you have learned you lesson and will just let it pass, this kind of scam is generating millions for someone. bottom line it's a scam. just remember thieves burn in hell to

• Do
    Dolores Stein Jul 31, 2008

I do not want you to take out any more money from my account cancel it..I want to hear from you that it is cancelled or i will call my bank i did not realiize that i subscirbed I want to unsubscribe now!!!
    Dolores Stein

• Rh
    Rhonda Strickland Aug 20, 2008

I too was charged for two months and had no ideal who this company was. One person I called said that if you went to some site looking numbers so many times they automatically start charging you a month. I was so mad, they did remberssed me for one month but not the first month of $19.95. They sure have made alot of money doing this.

Joseph Sep 02, 2008

Success in being refunded!

I've had the same problem--although ourcharges had gone on for six months! (First child, no time to check statements!) I called the company "Privacy Matters" and told them that I had not authorized these charges or requested this service.

They promptly said they would refund my account for one month. I then had to speak with a supervisor to explain that I wanted all six months refunded. I used the same wording and presto, the other months were refunded in a couple of days

The operators are instructed to refund "customers" if you use the right wording or legalese. Their website (http://www.pmidentitycom-program.com/PMIdentity.Com_qanda.html) states the following:

"Adaptive Marketing LLC has always maintained the highest standards of responsible corporate practice and utilize rigorous quality controls to ensure our practices meet or exceed industry standards and applicable law. In summary, the Adaptive Marketing LLC National Best Marketing Practices:

*Provide for full disclosure of membership benefits, billing and cancellation/refund terms. Obtain and verify members’ unambiguous and express consent to a membership charge.

*Offer a “no-questions-asked” refund policy for unauthorized charge complaints that provides a full and prompt refund for any member who is charged a fee but claims he or she did not authorize it."

Ergo, if it is not authorized, it will be refunded.

What a scam--think of all the folks who have not read their statements or who just give up! And what a waste of my time . . .

Good luck everyone and don't let the ### get you down.
    Joseph

• Ri
    Richard W Gray Sep 24, 2008

This company charged me the $19.95 also. By the look of the complaint file, it seems this company is in buisness to rip people off. Why are the authorities not shutting down these companies ?

• Bi
    Bill Smals Sep 27, 2008

I too was charged $19.95 unauthorized on my Visa. I don't know how many others you have cheated, but I want this charge removed immediately. Your reputation is not very good and we may have to go to the Better Business Bureau forrelief.

• Bi
    Bill Smals Oct 02, 2008

I am still waiting for the unauthorized membership charge to be creited to my account. $ 19.95may notmbemuch to a fraudulent company like yours, but for us "vivtims' of your fraud it can be a lot. At leastm have the decency to respond to:
    [email protected]

• Je
    jessica Oct 04, 2008

i was charged 25.00 i didnt authorize this company to take from my account and i am not happy

• Ne
    nelcy maples Nov 25, 2008

i cancel octuber because they charged $17.95 and octuber 29 so, cancel now is nov. cheking my bank account pmidentity charged $ 1.00 nov/01 i call and cherly # 26449 she told me and roundly manner that they did not charged $1.00 on my bank account but come to found that it has been charged in my bank account so i want my refund for that $1.00 .

• Sh
    sheberobin Feb 18, 2009

I have the same story. I signed up for freecreditreport.com and got tricked into this charge for 12 months on my business account.

This is what I did:
    ~Spoke to Elizabeth #7044
    (Regular phone center workers are only authorized to give a one month refund) So I asked her to cancel my account and transfer me to a supervisor because I was going to be asking for a full refund.

~Transferred to supervisor, Jessica #153476

This is ALL I had to say to her:
    1. I did not authorize any of then charges, and would like a full refund of all charges.

2. I told her that I read on their website that they offer "a 'no-questions-asked' refund policy for unauthorized charge complaints and will provide a full and prompt refund for any member who is charged a fee but claims he or she did not authorize it."

SIMPLE AS THAT!

Jessica agreed to refund all monthly charges of $19.95 from March 20, 2008 until February 13, 2008 within 2-4 business days. This will be approximately $239.00!

No need to freak out or get mad, just ask politely and you will receive.

Good luck!

• Ju
    judy Jun 09, 2009

credit my account of $14.95 I don''t want this...Cancel it today. and give me back my $14.95 I did not authorize this...I cancelled this june 4, 2009. today is june 9, 2009, and you took out of my checking account, $14.95 Put it back today...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices