AntiVirus2008will not refund money

This antivirus2008 popped up onmy computer and
was purchased with AlphaWipe on 4/28/08. It did not clean all the spyware and thy said there ould no be a refund until you contact customer service to see ifthey could fix theproblem. I have contacted them but the problem remains. The # above is always busy. You have to e-mail them and wait for response.

• Ri
    Ric Lang May 05, 2008

This antivirus 2008 software is BOGUS. It not only screwed up my primary harddrive so badly that I had to pull it & rteplace the drive. I could NOT get rid of it, it runs constantly in the background & will NOT delete using ANY regular means, (Add/Remove from control panel, from a command prompt, from program files, etc. Not olly that, when I was told it would cost $42.00 & I paid for it, a $84.95 charge came up. Phone calls, emails to them are futile. Now I have to dispute this charge w/ my credit card Co., & as a safety measure, have changed my card number.

• Fa
    Fairuz May 08, 2008

I bought the antivirus2008+alphawipe track cleaner online.. My notebook slowed down n i sent it to repair n found out this software is the problem.. I removed it n now want my money back.. there is no company information and web site address this people are ###!! Dont buy software online!!

• Gt
    GT May 13, 2008

I purchased the same software but have not down loaded it. I guess I'm out a $110. Did any one have any other problems with their identity being stolen?

• Am
    Amanda May 14, 2008

We got scamed! We got a pop up saying that r pc had 44 viruses and we needed to action now or the computer would crash. We bought it on line for $50. We never got the software to work. I was always # 20 when I would call the FAKE customer service then they would say that their message box was full and hang up. Looks like i'm out $50 and the Autivirus 2008 ### is still in my PC. I have tried everything to get rid of it. The PC is working but for how long? And I'm now worried about idenity being stolen! We need to get these people and make them pay! What can we do?

• Da
    darrin batdorff May 16, 2008

I purchased the Antivirus 2008 and it did not run on my computer. Some of the components did install but not all of them. It took me a long time to learn how to uninstall these components and I have still not been able to get a refund of my payment. The company really hides it's identity from others.

• Am
    Amanda May 21, 2008

Update: Norton Protection Center in ur pc detected the antivirus 2008 and got rid of it! Now the pc is working good. I'm still working with my bank to get my money back. good luck!!

jasmine May 24, 2008

I couldnt believe it! i was scammed. with all my precautions i fell for upgrading software with something that sounds legitimate..spyware...then malware..after paying the first $40 and trying the customer care number after 10 mins to usa from a mobile i realised i would never get my money back. i called my bank and they explained they could follow it up. from this site it could take years. thanks for this information and website, i found it by googling the customer care number provided on their fake invoice..all i can say is, dont by a thing on the internet. all experiences bad. thanks to download.com i was able to immediately remove the software..not that the activation key i was given even worked. it was just there..well..i'm over it. vented.

• Mi
    missy May 28, 2008

ATTENTION ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE JUST BEEN ###ED OVER!!!i had the exact same thing happen to me too. pop up saying i need to down load the antivirus. the same ### all the above has discribed. but how do i remove it. pleeeeese help me. i went into a computer store to see if they had any information about this product, the guy informed me that it was a haux and that 3 other people have also had the same problem. he also said that it is a virus not an antivirus that can not be detected by other antivirus software because its got a virus in its self or something like that. he doesnt know that much about it but you have to restore the computer to its original state to get rid of it. he advised me as i am to you's to get in touch with the police and file a complaint about internet fraud. lets get these ###!!!. the more of us that file a complaint to the police against this so called company 'ANTIVIRUS 2008' ??? the better chance we will have this problem solved. but i wld so love it if somebody can tell me how to get rid of this programme, to save me restoring my computer. cheers, good luck to all xox

• Mi
    missy May 29, 2008

hey guys, its me again i found out hw to get rid of the antivirus 2008 on my computer. i downloaded AVG FREE 8.0 and it had detected and remaoved the virus. i am so so happy but will be more happier when i get my money back though. gud luck to all. email me if you hear any thing else about this company. and or refunds

Andrew Jun 04, 2008

Guys why you just didn't made chargebacks to all those payments to Antivirus2008. I've deleted Antivirus2008 stuff by hands and made a chargeback with my cc company.That's it.

• Bo
    Bob Jun 05, 2008

Antivirus 2008 pro is a scam, I'm sorry for those who it is to late. There are a few ways to fix the problem, one would be doing it manually and the other is having a real program that will delete it for you.

• Mr
    Mr.White Jun 07, 2008

hello every one this is a real ###in spam antivirus 2008 no body download or pruchace this thing and thanx to you all now i know haw i can get rid of this ###

• Al
    Alyssa Jun 11, 2008

I can't believe it. No one would have thought they would be scammed but what happens BOOM out of the blue it happens! I d/l the Antivirus2008 becuase I needed it an antivirus software foy my new laptop but as soon as a couple of days passed and I wanted to run a scan IT'S FOLDER WAS EMPTY. I was knew I payed a freakin 84.95 charge and it said it covered me for a whole year. Oh how I was so wrong. Then now I found out it's a virus itself. WHAT LUCK! I don't know what to do, how do I get my money back and how do I remove it!?!?! HELP PLEASE ANYONE.

charlie Jun 13, 2008

I'm sorry to tell this but you paid money for scammers. and i doubt there's a way to get it back, but you can call your bank and explain the situation. you should also delete antivirus 2008 as soon as possible. good luck!

sam Jul 03, 2008

I got the antivirus 2008 because it popped up saying my pc was totally infected, i bought it and i could never activate it, i call costumer services in spain from australia and they say they would refund the money in 4 or 5 days.
    I'm still waiting for that and nothing...
    The bloody crap comes up all the time, i want to remove it NOW!!!

sam Jul 03, 2008

this is the copy of my bill.
    Soporte:
    Email: [protected]@software-payment.com
    +1.[protected] (USA)
    33-4-[protected] (France)
    49-511-[protected] (Germany)
    [protected] (Spain)

A partir de ahora todas las funciones de Antivirus 2008, suscripción a las actualizaciones gratuitas del software y bases de datos, y asistencia al cliente gratuita estarán a su disposición.

ATENCIÓN:Su copia de Antivirus 2008 será autoactualizada a la versión registrada. Todas las funciones del programa serán desbloqueadas y estarán disponibles.

Si el botón "Registración" ha desaparecido del menú principal de Antivirus 2008, significa que Antivirus 2008 ha sido activado automáticamente. No es necesario introducir la información de registración manualmente.

Si el programa no se activó, siga estos pasos para registrar su copia del software manualmente:

1. Presione dos veces sobre el icono de "Antivirus 2008" de su escritorio para ejecutar el programa.
    2. Si el programa ya está en ejecución, haga clic con el botón derecho del ratón sobre el icono de Antivirus 2008 en la bandeja de sistema para hacer aparecer el menú y seleccione 'Antivirus 2008'.
    3. Haga clic en el botón "Registración"
    4. Cuando aparezca la ventana de registración, introduzca el código de registración en el campo correspondiente.
    5. Haga clic en el botón 'Activar'
    6. El programa desbloqueará la registración y empezará a actualizar las bases de datos y módulos ejecutables. En cuanto las actualizaciones se descarguen y se ejecuten, el análisis de sistema encontrará y reparará todas las amenazas de programas espía que haya en su ordenador.

Una vez que el programa se haya registrado con éxito, el botón "Registración" desaparecerá.

Si experimenta inconvenientes, no dude en comunicarse con nosotros.

Su LICENCIA también se la enviaremos por e-mail.

Podrá comunicarse con el equipo de soporte desde la opción Soporte.
    ¡Gracias por elegirnos!

Subtotal de artículo(s) AUD 129.85
    Envío & Tramitación: AUD 0.00
    Subtotal AUD 129.85

Total por el envío AUD 129.85

El importe aparecerá en el resumen como: billinternet.com [protected]
    INFORMACIÓN DE PAGO

Envío & Tramitación: AUD 0.00
    Total sin impuestos AUD 116.865
    Impuesto aproximado AUD 12.985
    Suma total AUD 129.85

Ante cualquier problema con software o servicios adquiridos, el cliente deberá contactar con el servicio de Atención al Cliente.
    El reembolso NO será posible sin antes contactar a nuestro Centro de Soporte.
    Consulte nuestra Política de Reembolso

* “…La licencia para el servicio Soporte Premium es válida durante un mes desde el momento de su activación. Tras su expiración, el servicio Soporte Premium se amplía automáticamente. La activación del servicio Soporte Premium se cobra adicionalmente al cargo por el producto. El precio por el servicio Soporte Premium es (SKU3: rebill_cost1) (SKU3: rebill_currency1)…”

Si desea cancelar los cargos mensuales por el Soporte Premium por favor, siga paso a paso las instrucciones que aparecen a continuación.
    NOTE: cancellation of monthly charges will stop your use of this service
    1. Please insert the following link into the address bar of your browser: https://secure.software-payment.com/support/
    2. Una vez abierta la página, llene por lo menos dos campos en blanco, señalando la siguiente información para localizar su transacción:
    El número de la tarjeta de crédito usada durante la compra del producto.
    Su número de pedido
    La dirección de e-mail indicada durante el proceso de compra
    3. Seleccione ldquo;Ingresar” para entrar
    4. Cuando aparezca la página que contiene la información de su pedido, presione “Cancelar pedido” en el área “Estado del pedido”
    5. Vea el menú desplegable en la siguiente página para seleccionar el motivo por el cual desea terminar su suscripción.
    5. Por favor, verifique cuidadosamente la información introducida. Para continuar, haga clic en “Cancelar pedido”; para volver a la página anterior y cambiar algunos detalles de la información, haga clic en “Atrás”
    7. Le saldrá una página de confirmación que su pedido ha sido cancelado.

¿Tiene alguna duda?
    E-mail de Soporte: [protected]@software-payment.com
    Teléfonos de Soporte:
    +1.[protected] (USA)
    33-4-[protected] (France)
    49-511-[protected] (Germany)
    [protected] (Spain)

¡Usted ya ha comprado este programa!

AlphaWipe Tracks Cleaner 2008 fue adquirido en conjunto con Antivirus 2008.
    Haga clic en el botón "Descargar AlphaWipe Tracks Cleaner 2008" para descargar el software.
    DESCARGAR AlphaWipe Tracks Cleaner 2008

Licencia: 4eb7b0b5b3bdb5b2b7bcb9b2e9edb4bbeca1a1a0a0f6e4eea1fdeee3
    Le recomendamos leer atentamente e imprimir esta factura:

sam Jul 03, 2008

and this is the email they sent saying they will give money back:
    Gracias por comunicarse con el Centro de Soporte de Antivirus 2008.
    Luego de evaluar los hechos descriptos, hemos decidido otorgarle el reembolso por la compra del software. El importe será acreditado en su cuenta dentro de 1 ó 2 semanas, dependiendo del proceso utilizado por cada banco.

Siéntase cómodo de escribirnos si tiene más consultas. Estaremos encantados de ayudarlo.

Cordialmente,
    Maria,
    Centro de Soporte de Antivirus 2008

joshua futral Jul 04, 2008

already had a virus and could not use software

• Do
    Doris Gibbons Jul 06, 2008

The add popped up on my screen and offered antivirus2008 along with alfa Tracks but would give the both for$49.95 if I bought then. it did not say anything about Premium support payment. 'WHAT A SURPRISE WHEN THEY SENT THE STATEMENT FOR $109.85 I told them I didn't want it as my funds could not support this expence at this time and want a reurn of my money what a runaround and still no credit and no antivirus because I took it out. they have given me the runaround from antivirus 2008 to [protected]@software-Paynent this has been since June 14th all I receive is we will get back to you soon How long is soon???

• So
    sonia Jul 09, 2008

this is the most ### i have ever heard. I just wish i had read these comments before buying this bogus software. Good luck to all that are chasing money. this is such ### i cant even contact support as there is yet another error message coming up. i am contacting my bank today to see if i can get a credit or at least block these people sdo they can not take money next year when bogus software actually supposed to run out.

• Pt
    ptomp85 Jul 17, 2008

I RECEIVED THE SAME NOTICE ABOUT VIRUS AND LISTED SEVERAL AND THAT IT WAS ON MY COMPUTER. CHARGE WAS 49.95 AND THEN ALPHAWIPE CAME ON AND A CHARGE FOR 34.00 WAS CHARGED FOR 84.95 TOTAL AND I PAID IT ON MY CC MEANING THAT THEY HAVE MY CC NUMBER. I LOOKED FOR THE TELEPHONE NUMBER COULD NOT FIND IT. BOTTOM LINE IS THIS A USA COMPANY?????????

Chantelle Bowler Jul 19, 2008

i cant believe these people!!! are getting away with this i am a single parent with 2 kids and thought i was getting a bargain at £29.95 and they ended up taking more than a £105.00 i really cant afford this i am despairing what should i do??

• Le
    leftfield101010 Jul 19, 2008

As a crusader for COMMON SENSE, did any of you DO RESEARCH ON THIS PROUCT BEFORE YOU PURCHASED??? As a computer user, i DO NOT BUY ANYTHING THAT IS A SOFTWARE THE INTERNET unless it is direct from an mainstream vendor such as McAfee, Symantec, Adobe, etc. You won't be getting your money back from the creators of this VIRUS, so just chalk it up to a LESSON LEARNED.

If you don't understand that, I have a lot of things to sell you that won't do what you want it to, and I will gladly take your money.

• Br
    Brian Jul 31, 2008

On 7/29/08 I got unending pop-ups claiming an infected pc, but "broke out" of the purchase routine before finalizing the transaction.

I got a bogus "thank you" email claiming I'd purchased WinAntiVirusPro and immediately counter-emailed.

Their rep answered promptly acknowledging the refund request, but my VISA got hit with 3 charges which I'll dispute with my credit union.

I emailed the payment center today- 7/31/08- and have not heard back.
    My credit union is pretty good with disputed charges so they will go to bat for me against this merchant.

I got a virus from this software and had a 2-hour session with Verizon Tech Support to clean up the damage.

• Ke
    kelvin Aug 04, 2008

Yes this damn thing got me for the 1st payment and just recently took out another. I also called this bogus number...

• Re
    Rebekah Gillis Aug 05, 2008

I feel like a fool, but thanks to all of you who have listed your complaints, I now know what I always suspected, I was scammed. I've been trying to get in touch with this Co. for weeks, with no sucesses, to cancel. After reading your complaint sI know it's useless. I'll now will go through my bank to cancel the payments.

• Re

ORDER NO 8733701 S.V.P. CANCEL LA COMMANDE

ET RETOURNER MON ARGENT MERCI

• Sk
    sk Aug 11, 2008

Please don't purchase any of the Norton product.

Activation is the very very tuff task for all their products and you will not get any help from them also.The bad thing is that you can't get your money back though you are ready to throw their product.

The name only very big, I can say "Norton is a purely seating company".

The small AV software vendors are far better than symantec, they are taking your money but they make sure your problem is solved.

• Ik
    Ikhsan Aug 24, 2008

i have been bought / charged this antivirus 2009 about $ 100 or IDR 980.000 ohhh this time i'm so not very very lucky .. the program conflict with internal windows program & not running very well, i have send many email to customer service but really make me not satisfy with their answer ... i think if this international trading by internet is not true " THIS BUSSINESS IS INTERNATIONAL BUSSINES CRIME" .. I HOPE MY STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE cause if my statement is true so many people will be the new victims that must pay some money for that. My transaction date was 24 August 2008. How can this be happend for a while people on the world trust really with using CREDIT CARD. So Be Care Full All ... now i'm so worry about my credit card & many others .. maybe i will close it

• Ba
    Baz Aug 27, 2008

I didnt buy the bloody thing but it still wrecked my pc good and proper.

Malwarebytes anti malware is a free program which will get it off your ###ing pc. Seemed to work fine, and registry optimizer worked wonders aswell :)

I know this is late but hope it helps :)

• Be
    bertin Aug 27, 2008

kljkl;j

• Ky
    kyle Aug 29, 2008

those horrible little ### have ###ed my laptop up but they've got no ###in money from me!!! how do i get rid of this thing they've disabled everything from control panel to windows explorer so can't do nothing. anyone who can help me please e-mail to kyle.[protected]@hotmail.com thanks a lot or if anyone knows where the office for this people coz i'l happily go kill the ###

Perry Aug 29, 2008

I have had the same problem with IE Antivirus, now IE Defender, Alpha-track and [protected]@ software, etc. that I was scammed into buying. I wrote them EVERYDAY and with articles on them being a rip-off and kept at it for 4 months until I received an email today, 29 Aug.08, saying they will give me my money back after I filed reports with the BBB, FTC and Attorney General Ot the US and State where I live.

Perry Aug 29, 2008

I received an email from this site/company agreeing to refund my money after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commision and the US Attorney General. Aslo after emailing them, sometimes up to 3x a day giving them reports I found on the web for scams and problems with their company along with anti virus sites write-ups on their products.

Perry Aug 29, 2008

This may be a little drastic but I had to do a destructive restore, which I do everyonce in awhile, and my pc is as good as new or google IE DEFENDER or IE ANTIVIRUS and it will give you programs to get rid of this mess. GOOD LUCK!!!

Perry Aug 29, 2008

http://www.spyware-techie.com/ie-antivirus-3-3-removal-guide/ is a fix for ALL who have this problem but try to delete all files from a search or read my other posts and try them.

• Ke
    Ken R. Bays Sep 18, 2008

Installed their product to computer, did not clear errors as stated. PC not working correctly after download. I found out next day that they have billed my MasterCard twice for three times the stated cost of their product. Unable to contact their company for answers or complaints.

• Pi
    Pierre Sep 20, 2008

Same thing happened to a customer, although how don't know how much his cc was billed.
    The program is a fraud, does nothing but screw-up the computer.
    Was able to recover emails from these sobs. Will submit everything to RCMP and fellow techs, and how to get rid of their ''program''

Joshua Cohen Sep 22, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Unbelievably dumb of me to purchase the product from Micro Antivirus 2009. This `company' is not located in Arizona. It's a Russian scam. Several things tipped me off to it being Russian, one of which is the timestamp on the e-mail sent by [protected]@edirectsupport.com (7 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time).

• Su
    susan Sep 24, 2008

i purchased this program and it did nothing, there is no phone number listed to complain, I spent 39.99 I think unless they charged me for more. It was a reck did nothing.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices