antivirus 360refund - I was scamed!

Today (3/16/09) while I was using my computer an alert message appeared stating that 27 virus could be affecting my computer. I tried to cancel but my computer was frozen..completely locked up. The only way to get out of the mess was to register with AntiVirus 360 and pay $59.00 on my credit card. But the ad from AntiVirus said that I could request a refund within 30 days but no email address was given or telephone number. I clicked on the icon for AntiVirus and again saw that my money would be refunded if requested within 30 days but no further information was given. So I sent an email to their support team relying my problem and asking for a refund. Also, I have Mcafee security through my Internet provider, (COX) which I pay each month; therefore, I do not need AntiVirus 360. If my computer had not been locked I would have been able to avoid registering with AntiVirus 360 and paying $59. Please advise me of what I should do next to assure that the Antivirus 360 is removed from my computer and my money is refunded.
Thank you for your prompt attention regarding this issue.
Cynthia Yeldell

• Sh
    sharon montgomery Feb 16, 2009

I BOUGHT VIRUS PROTECTION GOT BILLED ON CARD IMMEDIATELY AND I WANT MY MONEY REFUNDED AND I DON 'T WANT THERE SERVICE. I AM ON FIXED INCOME AND I WAS TAKEN BY THIS COMPANY.AFTER THE FACT I GOT INFO ON MANY COMPLAINTS OF THIS COMPANY FOR BEING NORTIOUS FOR THIS SCAM. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU, SHARON MONTGOMERY

• So
    somecallemwaffles Feb 16, 2009

You have a larger problem on your hands than a hundred and thirty dollars. Antivirus 360 is part of the large WinAntiVirus problem. You need to contact your bank or credit card company immediately and let them know what happened. Its a well known scam and most companies will work with you to reverse the charge. No amount of complaining to the scamers or the BBB or boards like this will phase the folks who made this scam.

The bad news is you need to remove the virus. If your not computer savvy enough to do this yourself you will probably end up spending that hundred dollars on professional virus removal services from a local computer repair shop. Take the advise of the folks running the shop to pick out a real antivirus.

• Da
    dawoodbhai Mar 21, 2009

FYI, Antivirus 360 is a malware in other words its a infection to your computer, it would falsely give you information that your computer is infected, however the antivirus 360 is the only infection, now you have 2 options
    1. contact your antivirus company and ask for clarification as the antivirus is installed on the comp and how come it got infected??
    2. Forget your $59.00