AntiVirus 2009fraud

In July 2008, Antivirus 2009 came on my computer and would not let me do anything until I subscribed to this product. It blocked all my attempts to delete it. I finally subscribed to it just to be able to access my computer. I thought I had an antivirus -- cost $105.00. When I went on my computer tonight, there was no antivirus and am not able to access it through the web seach. The phone number is no longer in service. I am now getting the same tactics from cyber defender. I refused to purchase cyber defender, which touts itself as being free. Not only do I have no antivirus, but am also out the cash. I see that I am not alone in my complaint with this company.

• Re
    reg# 5647-8221-6321 Jul 28, 2009

This product "seemed to work for about a week and then disappeared. quit functioning . paid with credit card and want my money back
    79.99

• Ta
    tanya May 11, 2009

I thought I was purchasing antivirus software. I received nothing but a charge of 79.95. No company information on the receipt. No software to download. NOTHING! I called my CC and asked the to dispute this charge so hopefully I get my money back.

michael leiter Apr 02, 2009

virus protection dissapeared from computer. I need to reload it . I do have the reg key code

MITS Feb 27, 2009

I also got infected by this scam. However for all those poor souls who think they lost their money, I would like to add that there is pretty easy way how to get it back. One just needs to collaborate with your bank or credit union and they can issue a charge back since you in fact did not receive the “promised product” but something else. It worked for me and I got back my 49$.
    I wrote little more detail explanation with a sample letter for your bank/credit union here:

Good luck everybody

• Jh
    jhami88 Feb 17, 2009

I was infected by the antivirus 2009 and it completely wiped my computer out. I tried various ways to remove the problem. I was finally told that the problem had became so bad that I had no other choice but to either buy a new hard drive or a new computer. If you are able to get rid of this problem from your computer...Congradulations. I myself would like to know of a way of stopping them from effecting my new computer, and wouldn't mind if they had to pay for it.

Alison Feb 01, 2009

Diane Beane,

I did the same thing with what you did .
    I am hoping to get my money back. However, I called that number that you mentioned and got some crazy recording . this is definitely a scam.

AlphaFemale Feb 01, 2009

Sounds like a virus to me. Sinkalip is right about malware bytes. Also try Avast Home edition of downloads.com. It's has a 5 star editors rating and is free. Let it do the complete boot scan that it asks to do immediately after install. Good luck

• Si
    sinkalip Feb 01, 2009

Yes, it should be considered a virus.

The best bet is to install malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org
    We use this at work and this company is pretty reliable, although they only seem to update a few times a month. Good luck!

• Fo
    Former Employee Jan 31, 2009

What seems to be an AntiVirus program might actually BE a virus. I had clicked on something somewhere from I believe what is the same thing you mentioned. I am not sure where I picked it up as I didn't need antivirus software. It infected my computer and I finally had to Format my hard drive. My antivirus software did not detect it.

• Do
    Donna Jumper Jan 31, 2009

Unable to find on comouter after entering registration code.
    Unable to open to scan computer or remove viruses.

Jordy101 Jan 21, 2009

Does anyone have a phone number for antivirys 2009 besides [protected] and [protected]. They always say they are disconnected. Antivirus downloaded onto my new laptop even when i clicked no. They put on 36 trojan viruses. I have gotten my BRAND NEW laptop fixed, but i want to talk to the little friggers. They should burn in HELL!!! #[email protected]%

• St
    steve Jan 21, 2009

infected my computer - had to send to an IT person. Would like to know process to get my CC credited since you can't contact the company

• Lo
    LolomgBBtheQ Jan 21, 2009

Never buy anti-virus products when there are free versions that do just as well, if not better then the junk you have to pay for.

• Di
    Diane Beane Jan 21, 2009

I got a notification on my computer that I had 24 viruses on my computer and suggested that I purchase Antivirus 2009 to remove them. I purchased and removed the viruses. Once I made the purchase I thought about Antivirus 2009 being part of the virus. My computer has since crashed and I am in the process of having someone repair it and reinstall what I need. I notified my credit card company that I do not want to pay for the charge by CHRPAY.COM/PNRA of $94.85. By the way, the charge was supposed to be $49.95 and not $94.85. Since my computer crashed, I called the telephone number listed on the transaction which was [protected] and Googled it. Lo and behold, I discovered all the complaints registered against them.

• Kr
    kristy foster Jan 18, 2009

it's NOT real software... it exists to steal your ID.
    Contact your credit card company, dispute the charge, & issue you a new credit card#

get some real antivirus like norton, AVG, Webroot Kaspersky etc.

• Kr
    kristy foster Jan 18, 2009

antivirus 2009.. is NOT real software.. it's scamware..

you need to IMMEDIATELY contact your credit card company, dispute the charge, and tell the credit card company.. that your credit card # has been posted in a public newsgroup on the Internet, and they need to issue you a new card/credit card# you need to start monitoring your credit report for anyone opening new credit cards in your name..

next time.. stick with name brand antivirus: Norton, AVG, Kaspersky, webroot etc. - more info..

Antivirus 2009 is a new rogue anti-spyware program. It is also a clone of Antivirus 2008 - also a rogue, and one that's produced more clones than any other recently. The list of these clones is long: System Antivirus 2008, Ultimate Antivirus 2008, Vista Antivirus 2008, XP Antivirus 2008 etc.

Antivirus 2009 is a scam and should be treated as such: do NOT download or buy it and block it's homepage

It is very important to remove all the components of of the Antivirus 2009 and all the malware and trojans that it might have come bundle with (such as zlob.trojan, trojan.vundo and Trojan.Downloader)

mamba52us Jan 18, 2009

I purchased antivirus 2009 after i saw a advertisment on the internet but my computer would not download the program. after trying umerous times i asked for a refund as they advertised 30 day money back gurantee.. They simply said they cannot refund and i should choose another product.

• Gl
    Glenn Oen Jan 15, 2009

They did Deliver Service

• Li
    Liem Le Jan 13, 2009

I can not get the software, I want my money back

• Fe
    Ferenczy Jan 11, 2009

I purchased the rogue program also. I called my credit card company and they reversed the charges after 2 months. I hope you receive your cash back also. Good Luck!

• Li
    Liem Le Jan 09, 2009

It does not work, I want my money back

• Su
    suzy Jan 02, 2009

MY COMPUTOR KEPT POPING UP THAT I NEEDED ATIVIRUS, COMPUTOR WAS ACTING UP, I HAD NOT CHOICE BUT TO ENTER MY BILLING INFORMATION TO BUY ANTIVIRUS 2009, FROM THE POP-UPS ONCE I BOUGHT IT ENTERED MY E-MAIL AND AS I WAS PUTTING IN MY REGISTRATION KEY THE COMPUTOR CHASHED! I HAVE BEEN BILLED FROM: CURE-SOFT SHOP MOSCOW $50.93 AND $79.05, IN ADDITION, THERE WERE TWO OTHER CHARGES FOR FOREIGN FEE FOR $1.53 and $2.40.NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM, NO E-MAIL TO WRITE. WOULD LIKE SOME HELP. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ONLY : CURE-SOFT SHOP MOSCOW.

• So
    Sourpuss Jan 01, 2009

BEWARE-Antivirus Plus-CHRPAY.com/PNRA or Cure Soft

This company is super bad! It took over my system and I didn't have any idea what hit me. I really thought I had been infected and needed to update my virus protection. Little did I know it WAS a virus. Trojan, worm, malware, virus, whatever you want to call it. (280 of them at last count.)

When I signed up, they took $52.47 from my account immediately. When I tried to contact their provided phone number, it is busy, like out of service. Then I contacted HP for help me rescue my system. They promised to fix my problem after charging me $49.99 and then another $63.14, promising to refund the $49.99 and to fix my problem or I would not be charged for the service.

They could not fix my problem since the malicious virus munched my recovery partition and took control of all system files. Yet HP holds the theory that they are not responsible for not being able to fix my problem no matter the promises made before taking my money. They then told me I would have to go acquire a recovery disk since my system never came with one when I purchased it from Sam's Club.

So now I have to find a recovery disk, which the AUTHORITY at HP said would cost around $20 from Best Buy. Well I'm not belieiving it since he fell short on his overstated promise to help or refund my money. I had to spend more than 4 hours on the phone with 4 different AUTHORITY members of HP and still I have naked Japanese women popping up. It is like it completely took over all Internet Explorer functions as well as all system controls.

So DO NOT download the ANTIVIRUS PLUS software of fall for this as being necessary to your system unless you have all next week to reload software and hardware.

• Ry
    Ryant Dec 28, 2008

That was a huge mistake you did. Nortons has the removal kit for that virus.. That virus will copy all your bank and credit card information and the scammer will use the information. I recommend google search for cyber police and report it to them as well. Watch your bank and all accounting information very closely.

• Be
    beaches Dec 10, 2008

I went through the exact same thing it's called Cure-Soft it's a SCAM OUT OF RUSSIA! Call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and cancel your card. Then go to your bank and fill out a dispute about this company and take your print out that you got with the information on it with you. You might be able to get a refund . Go to Dowload.com and get spybot that is a totally legitimate and free anti-virus software and it removed all the viruses except one from my computer - which by the way comes from that anti-virus 2009 rip-off. It infects your computer with malicious trojans.

Best of luck. I feel your pain!!! :-(

• Be
    beaches Dec 10, 2008

I had the samething happen to me on Dec. 3rd it popped up and said I had 72 viruses and I paid $49.95 and then I got more and more viruses, it's a big scam. I looked up Curesoft on Yahoo and saw that is was out of Moscow. I canceled my card and filed a dispute for the charge. I don't know if I'll get it back. It was really annoying. I did go to download.com and downloaded spybot and it's free and it got rid of all the viruses! What an ordeal and I'll NEVER do that again. Good luck!

Mary Jo Drews Dec 10, 2008

I kept receiving popups for Antivirus 2009 over several days and it got to the point where it interfered with ALL of my time on my computer, whether I was on the net or not. In self-defense I finally opened the Antivirus 2009 and it put me in a loop. I could not exit the loop no matter what I tried until I finally "signed up" and PAID for their product. After they had my Visa information, I was able to use my computer again without their interference. However, when I tried to download and/or register AS THEY ASKED ME TO DO, and which I tried to do with each one several times, nothing was forthcoming. They had, also, infected my computer quite deeply into my e-mail portion. I have attempted to contact them to cancel their "product" but have not been able to do that either. I am furious, and had to have my computer professionally "cleaned up" from this Antivirus 2009. My complaint at this time is that I am being held accountable for $49.95 plus $1.50 fee, for something I have never received and it has cost me more $$ to remove the damage they did to my computer. Where do I go to get this cost $$ removed??? Anything you can do to assist me would be greatly appreciated.

• Is
    ISABEL MOLINA Dec 09, 2008

MY COMPUTOR KEPT POPING UP THAT I NEEDED ATIVIRUS, COMPUTOR WAS ACTING UP, SO I DECIEDED TO BUY ANTIVIRUS 2009, FROM THE POP-UPS ONCE I BOUGHT IT ENTERED MY E-MAIL AND AS I WAS PUTTING IN MY REGISTRATION KEY THE COMPUTOR CHASHED! I HAVE BEEN BILLED FROM: CURE-SOFT B STROCHENOVSKI MOSCOW RU, FOR $80.00, NO PHONE NUMBER TO CONTACT THEM, NO E-MAIL TO WRITE. WOULD LIKE SOME HELP. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE ONLY : CURE-SOFT B STROCHENOVSKI MOSCOW RU, HTTPS://PROTECTIONPAYMENTSITE.COM/CGI-BIN/NPH-PR/PANDORA/CR/VRT3/CHECK.PHP?TRANS_ID=ID100 (THIS WAS ON THE BOTTOM OF PRINTOUT PAGE WITH MY REGISTRATION KEY NUMBER.

alan roth Dec 09, 2008

I GOT THIS PROGRAM AND DID NOT GET WHAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET I WAS EXPECTING TO HAVE A ANTIVIRUS SPYWARE AND TROJIN PROTECTION INSTEAD IT MADE IT SO THAT I COULD NOT DO ANYTHING WITH MY COMPUTER I WANT THE MONEY BACK THAT I WAS TOLD I WOULD GET IF I CANCEAL WITH IN 30 DAYS IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS I WILL BE TALKING WITH MY CREDIT CARD CO. ABOUT GETTING THE FUNDS BACK

ma Dec 02, 2008

i also got ripped off recently and got charged 80 dollars and the bank says that i wont get my money back b ecause i authorized it
    which sucks, , but i was worried about my personal information

like my name and birth date... without my social sec # they cant do any thing right??

• Fa
    fanboi Nov 30, 2008

Antivirus 2009 is spyware, it is a fake antivirus program and is a total ripoff. You will never see your money again and be glad you didn't install it. It is very hard to get that crap off your PC.

Sandra C. Nov 30, 2008

I also ordered Antivirus 2009 and cannot get it to show up on my computer. The date of my transaction was 11/25/08. My credit card has already been charged. I do not want this product and will be contacting my card's dispute department tomorrow. There is a 30 day money back guarantee, but I cannot get to the company to cancel my purchase. Please help me get this charge removed from my account!

• Ka
    kay Nov 25, 2008

antivirus 2009 was on my computer when i bought it. my computer is an emachine. it was a free program which i never used as i purchased my own antivirus program. one day out of the blue antivirus 2009 started popping up on my computer. i had trouble getting it to shut off. it kept saying i had all these viruses. then it shut down my computer gave me blue screens saying if i did not buy this software my computer hard drive would be destroyed. it kept not letting me on my computer till i purchased the program. then i got another program which was free called malware bytes which identified antivirus 2009 as a trojan and wiped it off my computer which was what i wanted. however when i contacted the company they do not want to understand that i was ripped off by a trojan in their software and that i completly removed it and do not want it. i want my money back but they do not want to understand that. i am disputing the charge with my bank as i do not know what to do. any suggestions what else i can do?

Miranda Nov 18, 2008

I had to bring my computer to a professional to remove this software. It made my computer worse than it was before. i cannot contact them because their number is DISCONNECTED. Imagine that!! Does anyone have a contact number other than the one I have. [protected] or [protected]. Both of those numbers are disconnected. Please let me know if anyone has any info for me to use against them.

• Gu
    guido.menegazzi Nov 17, 2008

the product sold is simply not an antivirus software.

sakdawud Nov 15, 2008

crod numbre Antivirus 2009

sakdawud Nov 15, 2008

crod number antivirus 2009

• Ne
    Nevika King Nov 10, 2008

I purchased Antivirus 2009 Porfessional back in July of 2008. I know have an actual virus on my computer and have not been able to remove it with the software. All attempts to contact the company and get the issue resolved have been unsucessful. Even the telephone number associated with the company has been disconnected.

• Ze
    Zee Nov 03, 2008

I work for an ISP and i run into spyware problems all the time, the AV-2009 scam has affected so many people, and I just have 1 question, Why can none of these people be brought to court? Its clear they are nothing but a scam, Scams in real life on the streets, People ripping you off, if its clearly a rip off, Doesnt the law have some method to prevent this? Cant these people be put in jail? Real hard time?

• It
    itismedia Sep 19, 2008

I am in the process of trying to dispute charges too. I thought I was dealing with Microsoft until it was too late. I can not find a phone number or a legitimate web address for them. Can anyone help with that? Thanks. It is not right that they can do this!