Amy CrawfordIncompetence

Dear potential clients,
Ms. Crawford does not have a license, is lacking in experience (she graduated with her Master's Degree in 2007) and uses duplicity as a therapy model. I would strongly suggest that you seek the services of someone with a license.

• Mu
    muster in Oct 07, 2012

Amy,

If family planning got in the way, why not put your career on hold until you receive appropriate qualifications? Is it ethical for you to name / out your former client?

Licensed Clinician

bhappynow123 Aug 17, 2012

bhappynow123 May 06, 2012

Ms. Crawford began her mental health career in New Jersey where a license is required to practice mental health. Ms. Crawford performed her services under the title of Life Coach, which is not regulated in the state of New Jersey. Ms. Crawford currently has an Administrative Action Order against her in the state of NJ after an investigation done by the marriage and family board found evidence of wrongdoing.

I filed a formal complaint against her in response to the poor treatment I received from her. A few of the most detrimental actions Ms. Crawford did were 1) agreeing to a treatment option that wasn’t within HIPPA guidelines 2) not having a transition plan in place when she closed her practice 3) misrepresenting facts of my story to a social worker which led to an extended stay in a hospital (I have a copy of my medical records) 4) lying about her role in my hospital stay . There are rules in place for a reason, to prevent problems and to address the ones that arise. Unfortunately in my case Ms. Crawford received no repercussions for her actions against me, which would lead me to believe no lesson has been learned.

Here are a couple of things to consider: A licensed mental health professional has completed 3600 supervised hours of therapy in addition to taking a comprehensive exam. Insurance companies will not reimburse for an unlicensed professional, ultimately you will be paying more out of your pocket for a less qualified person.

The governing body of mental health professionals is generally the state board of Marriage and Family Therapists. The board only has jurisdiction over licensed professionals. That means if you seek the counsel of an unlicensed professional and something goes wrong, you will have no recourse.

Something inside of you told you to Google her name and you found this post, now I am suggesting that you seek the counsel of a licensed professional with experience in your particular area. Best of Luck

AmyCrawford Apr 02, 2012

Nevermind. I know who this is. This is really upsetting. I'm sorry you feel this way, Gretchen.

AmyCrawford Apr 01, 2012

I can't believe this same person wrote another one of these! Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? This is really mean! First of all:
    No where do I represent myself as having a license. There are plenty of therapists in PA that don't have a license. I choose not to get mine because family planning got in the way of the deadlines for licensure, but that is a moot point.
    Also, what does "duplicity as a therapy model" mean? I don't understand what this means...I do everything in my power to be honest, to listen to my clients, and I still get letters from previous clients from years ago thanking me for the work I did with them. I really wish I could take these complaints down.

AmyCrawford Apr 01, 2012

To people reading this:
    I'm not sure who this is, or why someone would write this about me, but I was really surprised to google my name and find this. I honestly feel sick to my stomach that someone would write something so malicious about me, to try and malign my career and my name without coming to me first to solve whatever issue they have. I've had many clients, who I have cared for very deeply and worked very hard to move towards wellness. My therapy style is very dynamic - in fact, the last thing I like to do in therapy is to sit and not provide any guidance or feedback - that tends to be a Freudian style that I do not ascribe to.
    Since this person has only written two reviews (both about me), has not shared their name, and has given vague information at best, i can only imagine that this person was not a previous client of mine, but a very mean person on the internet trolling around and writing hurtful things.

bhappynow123 Feb 01, 2012

Dear Potential Clients:
    Ms. Crawford is a charming individual who lacks the ability to provide feedback, mirroring or guidance to the sessions. Ms. Crawford's therapy style is to blankly sit and listen while the client speaks week after week . Poor therapy is one thing