ams vehicle salesFalse information/advertisement

M

Upon being contacted I was explained the program and was told more than a few times that there were already "several" people already matched to my vehicle. I made sure to verify one more time before signing up that they already had buyers ready and was again told yes. It has been 12 days without any contact from ayone interested in my vehicle. I called after 6 days and asked what was goig on and they said they had never received pictures and people want to see pictures. I told them I sent them and they said to do it again. The pictures got posted and still nothing. They refuse to let me talk to management and refuse to give me any refund. What they have done is unethical and if I signed up under normal pretenses of just trying another avenue to sell my car I would not care but the fact that they said buyers were pre screened and waiting I chose their service based on that. I notice there are already 2 testimonials about this company on your site, I obviously wish I had read them before signing up.

More ams vehicle sales Complaints & Reviews

• Iw
    IwillPTH May 18, 2013

Just like everyone on here. I posted an ad on Craigslist, shortly after I received a call from an AMS Matt Baker. They called me twice and left a message and both times the number was unknown? first red flag. No legit company would ever call you From an unknown number. It sounded like a recorded message. I listen and as soon as he mention a "with small fee we can guarantee to help sell your car". BS!! 2nd red flag why would I pay you up front to sell my car! If you are assisting me shouldn't I pay you after the car is sold!? I google this company and was unable to find a website instead I found this and read everyone similar stories. 3rd red flag!

If you received a call from AMS!! Ignore!! Scammers!

• Qz
    qz2000 May 15, 2013

yup, i got the same call as everyone else here, mine was a recording that was to sound like a real person named Matt Barker, after calling back the company, i asked if they were located in Canada, the rep named Jessica stated no in the US, i asked how are they doing business here in Canada if they dont have any Canadian reps, she stated they run nation wide including Canada. i got the same lines as everyone else, something smells fishy here and i found this thread, thank God i didnt sign up for this as it sounded too good to be true, and WHAT pay you up front for posting my car online and getting me buyers that are lined up, ya sure, thank you hahahaha,

• Le
    LeroyTheMonkey May 14, 2013

AMS called me and gave me the pitch about a line of buyers looking for my vehicle, the only catch, I had to pay them a fee. My response, "Jump in the Lake".

If AMS has buyers, then AMS can buy my car for the advertised priced and then resell it to their line of customers. I'm not paying any middle man to buy my vehicle.

• St
    StinkAss May 08, 2013

SUCKERS!!! bahahahahahahaha

• Su
    superman3228 Apr 25, 2013

Has anyone else ever asked them why it is that they charge the seller instead of the buyer? If people are "lining up" to purchase our vehicles through their service, then it is the buyers they should be charging for going through the "trouble" of looking at craigslist ads in these "buyers'" own area. I fell for this about 2 years ago at the $149 price and was also never contacted by buyers. Thankfully like one other person I was able to call the bank and get a refund. Since falling for this I started flipping cars and received another call from Matt who left a message about a 97 suburban I had posted. I ignored the message, but received another call from him a week later saying he noticed I still hadn't sold the suburban. I then decided to call them and Deb said I couldn't speak with Matt but that she would look up his notes. This was obviously a lie because she told me the car he was seeking was my 84 camaro. So I then asked that question and she had the nerve to tell me that they charge the seller because they are trying to do ME a favor even though I'm not the one lining up to buy as they claim many are.

• Sp
    Sparky05 Apr 06, 2013

OMG!! I got the same pitch when I called AMS-Bette yesterday. Pay $249 now and they guarantee to sell vehicle in 90 days or your money back OR pay $149 now with no refund guarantee. She didn't care the car price was high and said had buyers ready to go! That sounded fishy so I searched them on web and came to this website. Too bad that they are preying on Craiglists ads for a buck. I, of course, didn't pay anything and am posting this comment in hopes nobody else takes their program and gets ripped off.

Sparky

• Bk
    BKline Apr 01, 2013

buttercup006 forgot her apostrophe in "you're"...hahaha. And yeah, she probably does work for these criminals. I got a call from them today but luckily I research everything before making any decisions. I thought it was weird getting a all from a sales company anyway since I checked the box on Craigslist that I do NOT want them calling me. "Matt Monarch" and his message sounded like some cheesy recording that is used over and over, which is why I looked up to see if this "AMS" company is even real.

• 4r
    4runner Mar 20, 2013

WOW!!! thank god for all of you guys. I just got off the phone with Linda who promises that my car will sell within a week. I'm sitting here thinking then why hasn't it sold in the past month if there are people (in my area) waiting to be connected to me by AMS. Where are these "people" coming from. What a bunch of BS. Well I'm just thankful that i did some research and thankfull to all of you for alerting the public of these ridiculous scammers.

Anonmy Mar 16, 2013

I was tricked into getting the 250$ package too with no responses for over 3 months. I waited to 3 months in order to get qualified for refund, got the refund slip signed by notary and met all the requirements. They still have not sent me my money back and its been almost 2 months.. Such a bad service and likely a scam. I wish we can report them somewhere for fraud. I did contact their customer service and they said it takes 6-8 weeks to return me my money !!

• Ho
    Hotrodcars Feb 17, 2013

Hotrodcars
    Here is a wild guess. buttercup006 works for AMS.
    How dare you insult people with your post.
    These people are thieves who prey on unsuspecting people. They perform every once in a while to keep up appearances but basically "take the money and run". Use the intenet people.
    How is my spelling buttercup?

• Ho
    Hotrodcars Feb 17, 2013

Here is a guess. buttercup006 works for AMS Vehicle Sales.
    How, with today's technology, can people still be duped by these thieves.
    Why don't they finalize the sale and then take there fee out of the proceeds.
    AMS could probably even ask more for that type of operation. Guess it is easier to steal and go on to the next one.

How is my spelling buttercup

• Je
    Jeff Chevrolet Corvair Jan 09, 2013

Thanks everyone for the heads up. Matt Carter called me and left a message. I called back and spoke to Jen who was eager to give me the $249 money back guarantee deal or since my 1963 Chev Corvair was so high in demand, I was eligible for the $149 High Demand Option with no money back guarantee since they already had 8 buyers waiting for my vehicle and they "knew" it would sell fast. My parents always told, "It it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Mad Mary got scammed Jan 04, 2013

This is such a SCAM! And I fell for it too. I put my car on Craig's list and a fast talking marketing telemarketer called me. I sold my car in just a few days myself for free on Craig's list and now I'm fighting with AMS to get my $220.00 back which they state I have to wait until March 25 - April ? to mail in the form. WHY? My car is sold!! I told them 3 times to take the ad down. I never got one single phone call from their "preapproved, qualified, prospective" buyers. Lies, scam artists, cheaters, jerks. I'm so mad I fell for this...I will however, contact my bank myself and explain the situation and luckily VISA is pretty good company to do business with. They'll remove the charges way before 90 days. Folks, take it from me.. If it sounds too good, it's probably too good...Learned the hard way!

• Bu
    buttercup006 Oct 30, 2012

All of you have no idea what youre talking about. And please before you post a complaint check your spelling to avoid sounding uneducated. Sold my car in two weeks with this company, very nice customer service. If you know how to follow simple instructions, best site to go through. Also, its a non profit organization so obviously not a scam.

• Un
    unhappy_customer123 Oct 26, 2012

Wish I had seen all the reviews earlier. I was told that I was getting a one time offer where in they were giving me the $250 offer for $149. Unfortunately, dint know that this was their second offer that was $149 which was entirely non-refundable. Not even a single buyer called me in 3 months. These folks are cheats!

• Fa
    FarmerA Sep 04, 2012

My husband just listed a car in the local newspaper and got a call from these people with promises of multiple buyers. They made the $249 sound like the deal to go with through them. He contacted me at work to check them out. So glad I did!!! I told him about the bad reviews so he's ready when they call back. The told him to go to
    their website and they were rated with the BBB. Saw too many bad reviews from other states. STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEIR BAD NEWS!

• Go
    golfbna Aug 28, 2012

Thanks Guys. This is obviously a scam. Matt called me, talked with Debbie. They probably only use half a dozen names. Same MO, we have buyers standing by, sell for full price, ...blah blah blah...
    Got short with me when I said I would check them out on the Internet and BBB. Pressure to sign up right NOW for $149 instead of the normal $249.
    Do Not use them...

• Av
    A_V Aug 06, 2012

WOW! AMS just called for the second time offering buyers foru BMW and suggesting 5 interested buyers in my area! I asked "how do I know you won't take my $150 and disappear?" she reassured me they belong to BBB! I told her I will find out and get back to her... Needles to say - thank you people for helping me not get robbed!!! And sorry for those who did... Laws need to be tougher on these CRIMINALS!!

• Ry
    rymjim Aug 03, 2012

Sorry about the comment above I meant THUMBS!!!

• Ry
    rymjim Aug 03, 2012

I just talked to a girl from A M S she wanted me to go to there web site, but I came here, glad I did.All thumbs down, And i told her so, I got her pissed by telling her her web site going to give good comments.Of course they had 12 people looking for the same type of truck, , , , , , , BUYER BEWARE!!!

• Wo
    wondergirl1919 Aug 02, 2012

thanks for the info. My brother on the weekend posted my cars on craigs list and they phoned saying they had two buyers for it. My husband told me to do a search. thank godness i did

chuck z Jul 05, 2012

well ibeing a ### thought i give it a try after mat calling me sounded as he had all these buyers to buy my bike. after sending him 149.00 i got this no calls after a month not one call . i relisted on cragis list i finally sold it . i can give everyone this donot i mean do not sign up with this company iam sorry i did so i am speaking from experice not just blowing hot air

• Se
    seyiblack May 21, 2012

OMG! Same thing happened to me but unfortunately, i fell for it. Paid $150 thinking i will start receiving calls from buyers within the hour. The lady on the phone told me that they were very selective of the cars they post on their website and that they go through an extensive process of weeding out unserious buyers. I haven't had ONE contact for my car from their channel. I hope something is done to shut them down. This is illegal!

• Dc
    dcard Mar 21, 2012

Did anyone sell a car with these group of liars? No way I was going to sell my car with someone that calls me saying they seen my car advertised on Craigslist, at least not before I verify they aren't running a scam. Looks like my gut was right on this one, thank you to everybody that placed a post on this site!

• Gt
    gthumb Feb 21, 2012

Thanks everyone was seconds away from signing up. Saved me $150.00.

• Sf
    sfaizan Jan 18, 2012

This is very bad company with worse customer service. everything is lie. i fall in to this scam and i regret for it but its a learning experience. they said i can get my money back within 90 days. i spent $15 to mail all the information back. i waited 90 days. i called them back, then they said it would take 90 business days. i had to wait one more month to get my refund. Now they say the system is down so it will take another 2-3 weeks to get my money back. i am not sure if i will ever get my money back. oh yea, i never get called from anyone. they said, "there is 126 buyers interested to buy you car" no one called. i put in on craiglist and sold it within 1 week.

ITS WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME.

• Te
    Terryhop Dec 09, 2011

Great reviews all. I too posted a used car on Craigslist and within two days received a call from AMS vehicle services, even though I did not check the Craiglslist box allowing outside sales people to contact me about the car. Immediately the woman, Joyce, said they could "Guarantee" I could get the asking price for the car, an IMMEDIATE RED FLAG! I too, heard dozens of voices in the background as if she was in a loud call center. It is obvious these people are looking for uninformed sellers to scam from. Seller/Buyer Beware!

• Bs
    Bsaunders Sep 22, 2011

Well just like every one else I posted my car on craigslist, and a few days later I got a call from them. You can here all the phone conversations in the backround if you listen. So that tells me there are a lot of people getting riped off by these people. While I was on the phone with them I looked to see what kind of complaints there was. She must of know I was looking into them because she got very persuasive about signing me up. When I saw all these bad reviews, I told her no thanks.

Chikitix Sep 06, 2011

Thanks to you all...I'm not going to pay the $100 at front!
    I just got a call from these people, I spoke to a very nice lady named Joyce and pretty much said everything you describe above...they had people lined up to buy my car! and I also just posted something on Craig's list, 2 days ago...
    It just sounds too good to be true! Good luck to you all.
    Chikitix

• Ro
    Ron in Seattle Aug 26, 2011

Yeah - they "guaranteed" they could sell my truck for the price I was asking on Craiglist no problem. It's now been 6 weeks and they haven;t referred a single customer my way. When I asked for a refund they said the initial fee was non-refindable, so when they "guarantee" their service it apparently means nothing.
    Ron in Seattle

• Fa
    Fat Boy Mike Jul 16, 2011

Same ### here. They said they had 75 buyers for my 2008 Harley Davidson Fat Boy. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. As a joke I dropped it down to $1.00, still not a peep out of anybody. So what does that tell you???

• To
    Tommyboy1012 Jul 12, 2011

I put my vehicle on craigs list just 2 days before I recieved a call from this company, what do they do search craigs list for cars... I spoke to a very nice women her name was Joy she explained to me how the system worked although I did find it funny that they had buyers lined up and wanted $250 up front, I asked her if they had a website and she gave it to me thats how I found this and thank god I did because obviously its to good to be true... I had a funny feeling about this from the beginning I just hope no one else falls for this bull ### scam, she also said they been around for over 100 years I guess it must've been really hard to help people sell cars considering there were no cars over 100 years ago...

josr Jun 30, 2011

Well, well, well!!! I was just was contacted by AMS Vehicle Sales ...(something bla, bla, bla INC.) They also told me; “We have buyers interested in my type vehicle ( a soft serve truck) " we have many buyers because my vehicle is in demand." I said to her ( I hope, she has the opportunity to read this too...you lire!). I asked, Why would I pay you up front with a promises you have buyers and a guarantee, and how do I know you’re not just saying you have a buyer; only to get my money out my pocket? She replied, “That would be illegal”.
    Well… just as I suspected, it was scam type business; sort of like I need an apartment, so, I go pay an agency who hands me a list of out dated rentals and a copy of the local newspaper listings. IT IS ALL BULL ###!

I must say… I am glad we have the technology today to weed out the scams, but, most importantly there are people like ourselves who take the time to warn other of the scams.
    I thank you…I just saved a couple of hundred dollars from being taken from me by a scam artist company!