AMG / timeshare marketingAnyone doing business with them

P

AMG has contacted me that they have a buyer for my timeshare if I'm interested and we agree on the price. Told them I didn't want to put up any money from my credit card (about $2000) but as usual this is the only way they work. (I've been taken before on this.) Money is to be in an escrow but can't get them to let my bank transfer to an account or guarantee I have the money. They are suppose to be under new management and license.

• Ls
    lscgpr Nov 09, 2009

This also happen to my husband. We have been calling their office and we only get an answering machine to leave a message. I am so feed up with these scam artist calling I wish someone can stop them. My husband was called last week, by someone else informing how AMG had pass on our account to them and of course they were asking for cash amount to sell our timeshare; my husband told this individual that our negotiation with AMG, and that by the end of a month, which has pass already, if they had not sold our timeshare our money would be refunded. We are still waiting. Oh this guy also said that we will never receive our money back. Is AMG the biggest scam????

• Zm
    zmeyers Nov 26, 2009

AMG is a complete ripoff. I was also told my deposit would be refunded. 6 months and a lot of frustration later, I've directed them to stop any pretense of selling or refunding and instead I'm purusing legal action. I even have emails from and to them pointing out their lies, but they blissfully keep on ignoring people. Major Williams, or it could be Major Fields is the biggest lyar of all - giving me this sob story about how their legal department was engaged because they know their previous staff had been lying to customers about the refunds, but he can't do anything about it. What a joke - the government really needs to crack down on these scams - whatever you do, report this cr*p to the Florida Attorney General and the BBB. At some point there will be some action against them. Like cockroaches though they'll just pop up under a different name until there are some significant legal action against them. Do NOT use AMG - there is absolutely NO truth to anything they say.

• Ki
    Kimleb Dec 11, 2009

I am going through the same thing.
    I already gave AMG $1700 and was told that after a certain time they would give it back if they couldnt sell my timeshare. Now they have someone who wants to buy and now another company wants $2000 to get the paperwork in order. I feel like I would be an idiot to pay it but its hard when you want to get rid of something and they are dangling a lot of money in your face. We all need a lawyer for a civil suit and put them out of business!

• Ck
    ckmac Jan 14, 2010

I too was stupid enough to believe Mr. Conway from AMG. I got the same story, we have a buyer for your timeshare, money refunded after 4 months if not sold, etc. I suggest everyone do what I did and e mail the Attorney General office in Fl. with a complaint as well as the BBB. I have relatives in Fl. and I am going to have them find out if there is a Consumer Protection group that would look into this so called company. Maybe a local T.V. station would look into it. I would gladly join a class action lawsuit, but how do we contact those of us that have been scammed?