The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Ameriprise Financials — Fees to close a Brokerage accoun
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
We had noticed that Ameriprise Financials ( previously American Express ) had begun charging a monthly fee to our small brokerage account. After loosing so much in the stock market, we were fed up with the whole thing and decided to cash out and close the account. It is bad enough that Ameriprise charged $19 ( plus another $4.50 - under some other pretext ) for each 'sale' transaction .. but what really gets me is that they charged $100.00 to close the account !! Since WHEN do companies get to charge you if you stay open ( and are inactive ) and charge you for CLOSING an account ? I feel robed.
Is there someone we can complain to ? is this not illegal ? Am I looking at a potential class action lawsuit ??
Btw. I am planning to cancel all my Amex cards as well ... that is the last $$ they made off of me :)
More Ameriprise Financials Complaints & Reviews
- Ameriprise Financial - Scam
- Ameriprise Financial - Fraud/Scam
- Ameriprise - Scam
- Ameriprise - account transfer mishandled
- Ids Ameriprise Casualty Company - DO NOT BUY THEIR AUTO INSURANCE THROUGH COSTCO
- Ameriprise - Auto Insurance
- Ameriprise Financial - annuity scam
- Ameriprise Financial - Avoid Ameriprise, Personally Manage Your Portfolio
- Ameriprise Financial - Treat Employees Like S***!
- Ameriprise Insurance - homeowners insurance