Americas Best Value Inn / Americas Best Innhotel room

Ka Aug 16, 2019 Review updated:

I booked a room thru Hotwire for St. Ignace, MI from August 8th-August 11th, 2019. The bathroom walls had black mold all over it, as well as above the sink which was a part of our room, and on the lamp shade next to the bed. The bath tub had several severe cracks that actually gave way some and was dangerous. I went to the front desk where I was told I needed to contact Hotwire. Hotwire said to contact the hotel. I went back to the office on the night of the 8th and was told to come back in the morning when the manager was in. I did and was told he does not contact Hotwire, they need to contact him. So again on the 9th I contacted Hotwire who contacted the property. The manager said he would only authorize 50% off the first night and that he could relocate me on the 10th. I went to the office the night of the 10th and the woman at the office stated they were full and no noted had been made about my room. So for 3 nights I was made to sleep in a black mold infested room. I contacted Hotwire again and they contacted management who refused to do any more than refund 1 of the 3 nights even tho we were told we would have a different room. We woke up every morning with sore throats and coughing. As soon as we got back home, we were fine. Black mold can be deadly to someone with asthma. Refusal of a full refund is ridiculous. And to make us stay in a room they were even shown pics of, was even more ridiculous. I was so sick that it ruined my entire Birthday vacation and I should be compensated for such.

Americas Best Value Inn / Americas Best Inn

Comments

• Bh
      Sep 06, 2019