American Search Partners Logo

American Search Partners

Having problems with American Search Partners?

American Search Partners Customer Service Contacts

13601 Preston Road Suite 400 E
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Search Partners Customer Service. Initial American Search Partners complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Search Partners above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Search Partners. Discuss the issues you have had with American Search Partners and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

American Search PartnersSCAM!!!!!!!!

What ever you do please do not use these people. They are a con and will take your money for services that they do not provide. They charge you and will not stop...They promise to get you a job/inteviews and of course they provide nothing. Make you do a lot of homework and more or less you write your own resume which you pay them to do. If you get a position on your own they feel that they did all the work...total BS. Get ready to hear from my lawyer. This place needs to be put out of business. If they call you please tell them to go to hell. I am sure by this time next year they will change their company name. As a follow up to the other complaints they are all true and they promise to find you a job in the $200K range which is a bunch of BS out of their mouth. They can't help you and they use actors to act as clients. To sum this all up they are a SCAM, LIARS and should be shut down. So when you get a call from [protected] do not answer. Here are some names as well Turrie Silva, Misty Rake, Paul Ghassemi (parham.[protected]@americansearchpartners.com) Do not work with them or waste your time or money!!!

American Search PartnersFRAUD

This Company is a FRAUD, Nick D, uva and Natalia looked right at me during 4 Interviews and let me here everything I wanted to here. Ask me to bring my WIFE and i did and told here that her husband could make 100, 000 per year. Also asked here to fill out a questionnaire and she did, Nick then asked here to read out loud her answers. During this time he stated it was coming to the end of the year and with elections hiring will be very hard to come by until May 2013. I asked Natalia if any FEE'S applied to me she said NO in the first interview. The fourth Interview driving to the Plano location off of Preston I was told with my wife they want 6, 000 dollars up front move forward. THIS COMPANY IS NOT FOR THE HARD WORKING MEN AND WOMEN THAT WANT TO TRUST ANOTHER. Please don't trust these people they are liars and will look right into your eyes and not have any heart.

American Search PartnersIt's a huge scam and a waste of time

I was contacted by some mouth breather who said that she was given my resume. Then she asked if I was employed. I said, "I thought you were looking at my resume!" She asked a few other lame questions and set up an appointment. I met with a very unprofessional looking Lisa Etheredge. She kept saying, "Now if we decide that we want to work with you..." Whatever. She had me take personality assessments, say what I would accept salary wise, what I thought I was worth, etc. I left and was 'invited' back 2 days later. She put on the HARD sell and then presented me with a contract to sign for $8, 000. Of course at the bottom of the contract it said "For your convenience, we gladly accept Visa, Master Card, etc'. Gosh how sweet! She left the room to let me think about it... She came back and I said that it was a lot of money and I needed to think about it. I didn't mean 5 more minutes of thinking, I meant a few days. She left the room for 5 minutes again, came back and started the hard sell again. I told her that I had a final job interview in 3 days where I would be getting an offer but I wasn't sure I wanted that job. She actually had the audacity to suggest with a rather strong arm that I go ahead and pay up and then they could help me negotiate a better salary. Huh? I found that job with my 'tacky' resume and cover letter and my 'terrible and unpolished' interview skills. So, I find the job, I go through the interview process and then I give you $8, 000 because I'm altruistic? I don't think so. So today she calls 30 minutes before my final interview was scheduled and asked if I was taking the job. I said no, and she asked if I was going up there to sign the contract, I said no. She asked why and I said that she was a sleeze and that trying to get money out of me when I found the job myself was just wrong. She kept saying that she was sorry that I felt that way... Whatever. I said the person who is sorry is you and this isn't a feeling, it's a fact that you're a sleeze. And then... Wait for it! She hung up on me! Classic. So very glad that I dodged that bullet! I just wished I'd googled them before I went up there and wasted a bunch of time. Ugh. Run Forrest, Run!

Thesepeoplearefake Jul 17, 2013

These people are a scam, scam, scam!!! I went through the same things as many did here. I got a call from a female mentioning that they had found my resume in a database. I went for a first interview and the gentleman by the name Russ Slotnik, began telling me that he could easily find me a job making 90-120k a year. He also mentioned that they were not recruiters but rather a "marketing" firm and the product they were marketing was me. Well, they gave me an assessment the first visit and did not tell me anything about any charges. They did however ask me to bring my wife in for the second visit. I found the request strange but I was excited about the prospect of making 100K. Well, the second interview came up and Russ began telling my wife what a wonderful guy I was and how smart and good-looking. This began to sound weird. As with everyone else posting here, at the end of the assessment, Russ whips out the $6000 contract. I told him I needed time to think this over. Russ said "no problem, I'll wait outside the room". I laughed and told him what I mean by "more time" is to think it over at home. Thankfully, I found websites as these demonstrating the scam over and over again. Bottom line, recruiters don't charge candidates, they charge the hiring company a fee. A word of advice, don't fall for this scam!!!

• Fo
          Foghorn Nov 02, 2012

They are also operating under a different company name: National Recruiters of America. I guess the bad reputation of American Search Partners was hurting business. Anyway, I just got back from their office for the first meeting. Red flags were everywhere. The office doors were opened so as to cover the sign of American Search Partners. Their was nothing in their lobby or offices to indicate the name of the company. The phone call to schedule my appointment was rushed, cold and seemed to know nothing about me. She sent an email confirming my appointment with "John P." They would not even give his full name. When I met him, he took me into a nice executive type office that must be the generic office to meet potential clients. It clearly belonged to no real person. When I asked him how they were compensated, he went into a very long circuitous answer that made nothing clear. Other red flags I won't mention.

• Tr
          troubleiniraq Oct 31, 2012

I also have to say I found it strange that a company in Houston was calling and their number came up as a Dallas number but the number she gave me to call back was an 877 number.

• Tr
          troubleiniraq Oct 31, 2012

I just received a call from American Search Partners, can't remember the girl's name and she asked if I was looking for a job. I said yes. She asked why I was looking for a job if I already had one. I said, mine will be coming to an end soon. She said her manager wanted to talk to me and if I was available tomorrow. I said I didn't know and that I would have to check. She sounded in a hurry and I just got this feeling about the whole call so I Googled them. Thank you LORD for helping me find this site!! I always say to go with your gut; this is the perfect example why. I don't need a job, I have one and I'm certainly not going to pay someone to find me one either. Glad I found this website as it saved me a lot of wasted time.

Steavy85 Oct 12, 2012

Also, if they try to set an appointment after 4pm, it's not for a one-on-one meeting, it will be for a group seminar because they don't think your resume is good enough for a one-on-one meeting.

Steavy85 Oct 12, 2012

As a former employee of The Wellington Group, I can confirm that they didn't always operate as an honest business. We were to keep the phone calls as short as possible to trick people into coming in. We were ABSOLUTELY not allowed to use the word interview, but we were supposed to play dumb about what the person was coming in for. We were supposed to say that we were just appointment setters and that all we knew was that it was a meeting about the persons resume. If a person were to start asking questions, we were supposed to "turn it around on them" which pretty much meant being condescending and making them feel like idiots for not jumping on this opportunity.

I cannot comment on how American Search Partners is run, since they changed the name after I left. I can say that I almost didn't get my new job because when my employer called them, they denied that I had worked there. It's a good thing I keep all of my paystubs and other tax info.

• Se
          Senior Accountant Sep 06, 2012

You are exactly right my friend- I've already posted a comment about this firm. They are predators who see that there are thousands of desperate job seekers and they are trying to capitalize on that. They are bottom feeders, the lowest level of ### on earth.
          I just feel sorry for the people who have been suckered into using their services and parting with money they really needed and could have gone to much better use.
          Any "reputable" search firm I have ever used has unequivocally stated that any firm out there that charges the candidate is a scam. Period, end of story.
          Unfortunately, because most "traditional' recruiters are NOT very good at what they do, people go to places like American Search Partners as they feel they have no other recourse. If the traditional recruiting firms that charge the company, not the candidate, would up their game and do their damn job, then this problem would go away as people wouldn't be forced to deal with firms like American Search Partners.

Anne Marie C Sep 06, 2012

I too received a call after posting an updated resume on Careerbuilder. My feeling is that if they were a reputable company they would not have to go through an online job board to find their clientele. I received a call, followed a couple of hours later by an email. Decided to check them out before returning any calls as I had a similar experience with another organization last year. It was a total waste of my time. Did not spend the money.

If American Search Partners is so inclined to respond, this is what I would like to know.. do you GUARANTEE, in writing, that you will find your clients a position within the salary range they desire? I understand there will be alot of factors involved but if you are asking me to lay out that type of money, on principal I want a guarantee that if you do not deliver "the goods" my money will be returned. As for the employer "refunding" if after a new position is secured.. I heard that in the other pitch but it was never really clarified. Well if the employer will refund it, then why not have them pay it? Why me? By asking me to pay it tells me that more often than not employers DO NOT refund all or any of this fee. Why should they? They had no idea it was there.. unless you use it in negotiating a sign-on bonus or performance bonus, which can be difficult these days due to economy and is really only available at certain levels.

Still Looking in The Big "D"

• Se
          Senior Accountant Aug 16, 2012

I got a call from these sleazoids today- they don't even remember they tried to contact me before and I said no- shows how organized they are that they call people who have already told them to get lost. The lady who called me wasn't rude, but I sensed "scam" from the minute I talked to her. She said that all my questions would be answered during the "free consultation" LMAO!! Thankfully I'm employed so the desperation factor wasn't there to make me do something stupid like actually go see these people.
          It is absolutely disgusting that firms like this exist to prey on desperate job seekers, or anyone else for that matter. I just hope anyone who gets a call from American Search Partners does some due diligence before going any further

Dale in Murphy, TX Jul 18, 2012

A rep. from this company just called me after finding my resume on Career Builder. She was RUDE and slammed the phone down to hang up. I told her, before we go any further, I'd like to verify the legitimacy of this. She said, well if you don't want help finding a job, you are welcome to end the call. (That told me a lot about the company!) I said, cheerfully, thank you very much. She slammed the phone down to hang up. It's just a business transaction, folks.

• Pl
          PlanoFin Jun 15, 2012

A search of the Dallas BBB using the phone # [protected] left on my voicemail by them (they found my update resume on CareerBuilder.com) brought up both American Search Partners and The Wellington Group both with address 13601 Preston Rd Ste 400E, Dallas, TX [protected]. American started 8/1/2011, became Accredited BBB Members 9/1/2011 and Wellington started 1/1/2007 and became BBB accredited 3/29/2010. Both show Principal: Mr. Paul Ghasemi (Partner). No complaints filed on American Search Partners and 4 complaints files on The Wellington Group. I don't need their services so didn't contact them.

Saveyourselfsomestress Jun 12, 2012

I was contacted by this firm, and was certainly left with the impression that they were an Executive Search firm that was looking to meet with me to work together on placement. Since I was unsure, I did the same search that probably brought you here. Here are my thoughts:
          1. I, too, consider it unprofessional for them to post their 'responses' on this site. The tone of their postings are reactionary and certainly give me pause.
          2. I emailed the company and submitted a request for contact via the form on their website. I think it strange that a reputable company is not interested in emailing potential customers per their request.
          3. This company is clearly related to the Wellington Group and is using many of the same 'success stories.' The fact that neither website (americansearchpartners.com and the wellingtondfw.com) mention each other is certainly off-putting.
          4. A 'whois' search on their domain will reveal that the ASP domain was registered by the Wellington Group, using a residential address in Texas. This, too, is very strange for a reputable business. Domains are typically registered under the business address, if they have been in operation for any significant length of time. Similarly, domains of businesses are typically registered for longer than one year. The address, listed below, identifies a series of 'suite numbers, ' but is a house. Google maps satellite imagery confirms this.

McKinney, Texas 75070

which is an address that doesn't appear to exist, at least according to Google (which may, of course, be wrong.)

5. The domain was registered by Mr. D'Uva, whose reputation has been obliterated online. This poor man's reputation, if undeserved, is painful.

I have not done business with these guys, and don't mean to suggest that they do not have a reputable operation. Having said this, I don't think that I can trust my job search to a group of people who aren't willing to answer my questions about why any of these things are the case. Job seekers are always criticized for being dishonest in any way, and I think these companies should be held to a similar standard. The website should certainly be footnoted to say something like 'formerly Wellington Group, ' etc, and that they've been in business since 2011. Even the Wellington Group was only registered in 2009.

I'm sure they can help get you ready for the job search and the world of interviewing. You just need to know what you're getting in to before you go. If you have a few thousand to put up during the job search, then this meeting may be for you. I think the whole thing would be a lot easier to 'stomach' if they would just have you sign an agreement that says that they'll be compensated after you have found a job. This offers job seekers the assurance that American Search Partners is confident that their expertise will produce results. If they don't think they can work with you successfully, then they wouldn't offer you a contract. It's strange - in most service businesses, the payment is due upon completion of the service. Why take unemployed people and make them come up with thousands of dollars up front?

Stilllookn May 15, 2012

My goodness! I have a scheduled appointment with American Search Partners today and decided to Google them before the interview. I had no idea I was about to be scammed but somehow the thought did cross my mind. I am so glad I came across this site before I wasted my time and certainly my money. After all, I am unemployed! I agree with the HR person who posted above that the responses from the company posted here are a huge sign of their lack of professionalism. I have never seen a company respond to several negative postings like they have done here. In my opinion, a legitimate company who wished to respond to any negative allegations would simply make one statement and be done. They seem very defensive and seem to be monitoring the posts closely. This is reason enough to steer clear!

• Bu
          [email protected] May 03, 2012

I just got off the phone with American Search Partners and found this site. God bless you complaintsboard.com!! You've saved me a lot of wasted time, money and heartache! I won't be fooled again...today anyway. Thanks.

• Mi
          Mitzo Apr 08, 2012

I agree with Plano_pmp. It's a huge red flag for this company to respond to any of the complaints on this board. It's very unprofessional and a clear indication to stay away.

• Pl
          Plano_pmp Apr 03, 2012

Here is what I dont get it..."if this company truly believe they are helping clients getting into career" why do the clients have to pay up front. Normally the EMPLOYERS pay the fees to find a resource or worse yet, I will be ok to sign, once I get a job and depending on how much help you provide in negotiating etc. I will get percentage as fees.

• Ru
          Rugone42 Mar 13, 2012

Wow, he told me the exact same thing, with the exception that I now carry the stigma of unemployed, and that on-searches were useless, I left feeling scared crapless, almost like if I did not use service I would keep the stigma of unemployed!!! Yikes!!!

• Tx
          TXHRProfessional Feb 03, 2012

I am an HR professional and have been since 1996. I have not had any contact with American Search Partners at all. I was simply researching them as I recently heard the name. In my opinion, American Search Partners has shown a lack of professionalism simply in their responses to the complaints on this website. The truly professional way to handle these situations would be to let it be and simply shine through any successful clients you've had.

• Ri
          Rita Backus Jan 30, 2012

American Search Partners is absolutely a scam. Legitimate recruiting companies earn their fees through commissions on accepted job offers and are not directly funded through applicants' prepayments.

American Search Partners Jan 27, 2012

Reputation is extremely important. We could just let this go but at some point the truth has to come out. A lie is already out of the gate and down the track before the truth has a chance to get its shoelaces tied. We care a great deal for the successes of our clients. Charging a fee for services does not equate to scam. We meet with a very large number of people every year. Because of the volume of conversations and free consultations we give, every once in a while we are bound to come into contact with a cantankerous sort. Even if a person does not become a client of our firm, we take great pains to help people understand their options. Our initial consultations are free to the candidates, and cost of time and expense to provide. What we do is not for everyone, nor can we help everyone, as much as we may want to. But the garbage posted on this site about us is beyond the pale. Calling someone a "sleeze" when they were genuinely interested in assisting in the search is without class. However, we are really proud of the results received by our clients. That's why focusing on getting offers is the most important thing. We have drawers full of success stories just like the ones below.

American Search Partners Jan 27, 2012

We have had much success in help our clients reach their goals. And, it is no secret that we charge a fee for the work we do, just like our clients want to be paid for their work. And how we measure success are clients getting job offers like the ones used as examples below. It is really unfortunate that we have to waste time to rebut these ridiculous and egregious "complaints" from people who are not even clients. We still continue to offer free consultations to those wondering how they fit in the market, or what the steps would be to get their careers back on track or to the next level. Obviously, there are some people that we should not work with and that is why we have multiple meetings to determine that fact, since a good portion of our income occurs after our client is hired.

American Search Partners Jan 27, 2012

Judy, Judy, Judy. It is unfortunate that we have to respond to stuff like this. First off, anybody can post anything that they want on this site, whether it is true or not, and call anyone or any company a "scam". We are extremely successful in assisting professionals in transition to obtain their next position. Lisa Etheredge is a caring, professional and ethical person. She had a 30 minute preliminary meeting and a 2 hour follow up meeting with Judy for which there were no charges. Lisa gave her time freely, as we do in the assessment stage to determine what, if anything, could be done to help a candidate in the search. This time is used for us to clearly understand the battle plan and steps required for each individual candidate. At the end of the 2 hour follow up meeting, Judy said that she absolutely wanted our assistance but was waiting to see if a particular company would make her a job offer the follow day. Judy asked Lisa to give her until Monday but that she definitely wanted the help. Lisa called Judy on Tuesday to ask if she had gotten a job offer. This seemed to pour salt in a wound for Judy, having been unemployed for 2 years, and she started yelling, uncontrollably accusing Lisa of trying to take advantage of her. Obviously, Judy is not a client of ours and under the circumstances, we would find it near impossible difficult to assist a person who would become so volatile and abusive. We had nothing to do with her unemployment, or the extended nature of the unemployment, nor did we have anything to do with the fact that the company she wanted to work for did not extend her an offer. Judy was never a client. And this type of situation happens so infrequently that yes, we know who posted this anonymously. If someone has a legitimate complaint, you would think they would at least use their name to lodge it and to complain to the appropriate authorities rather than the bathroom wall of the internet.

• Jw
          JWA100 Jan 19, 2012

I just got a call from this same agency. While I was on the phone, I quickly googled "American Search Partners scam" and found THIS page. Thank you. Using this info, I was able to make a quick decision without wasting a minute more of my time, or worse, money.
          John

American Search PartnersNick D'uva

Was called and told by Mr. Williams that his boss wanted to meet with me regarding a position he had after viewing my resume. I asked what position and he said I would need to talk to Nick since he had the position and was a recruiter. About an hour before the interview I viewed their site and had a hunch I was in the middle of a ruse. Bait and switch game. I called the company and ask the receptionist if this was a fee based business that helps individuals searching employment with their networking, resume and other skills and she said she could not answer that, and put me on the phone with Mr. Williams who when asked if there was a fee involved, and was this company in the business of working with individuals on networking, and resume writing and he asked me to hold on. When he returned on the call he stated that he had pulled my resume and remembered that Nick had a job he wanted to discuss with me and I would hear more about it when I came there for the appt. I again said I did not want to be presented with a service where I needed to lay out money and he said the employer pays the fee. When I arrived I was asked to fill out a questionnaire regarding what the minimum was that I wanted to make and what did I think I was worth. This is used later in the meeting with Nick. Nick was very arrogant and at times rude. He cut me off and asked me if I was going to listen or was he wasting his time trying to help me.
        Besides telling me someone has to pay for this service, how was he expected to pay out 45, 000.00 a month in expenses without making a fee, he also told me that I only had a 60 day window to land a job. His reasoning for this was we are entering an election year and after January 1, companies will not be hiring. He further stated he knew that as a fact since he has worked in this business for 20 plus years and has experience this every time there is an election year. I addressed that I was perturbed that I was told I was coming in for an interview regarding a job he had, Nick got very upset and wanted to know who told me this. He stated he will fire them immediately, that is a major offense and they terminate immediately group.y for that offense. I told him Mr. Williams in fact told me that and he said I am going to get him now and I will fire him if he told you that. He closed the door left me there for a few minutes and returned with Mr. Williams and told he confronted Mr. Williams who stated he did not tell me that. He then told me to tell Mr. Williams what I thought I heard. I informed Mr. Williams what he told me and he replied that he told me Nick wanted to discuss my resume with me and that there is a fee that is paid by someone. I said that is not what you told me and then Nick bellows "isn't that exactly what I told you". He then dismissed Mr. Williams and asked if I was going to listen to the rest of his presentation. They are preying on the unemployed by posting unreal jobs and using a ruse to get them in. This is the same company as The Wellington Group just a name change.

NoNameJobSeeker Sep 11, 2012

I am so glad that I decided to google this company after getting home after a meeting with them. I too was contacted by them which has never happened to me before. I had recently uploaded my resume on careerbuilder.com. I was not told during the phone call that it was a job seeker fee paid agency so I was surprised when I found was told this during the meeting but was told that the fee could not be divulged until the second meeting. I felt uncomfortable since it was explained to me that the internet is not a good tool to be used in finding a new career when they use careerbuilder.com to find anyone that might fall for their scam. Just does not make sense! Too many things just did not seem right with this company. Thank you for posting all your comments!

• Cl
            ClassicMan Jul 31, 2012

I just talked with Ashley at American Search Partners, she confirmed that Nick is still there. She also confirmed that that Wellington Partners was their prior name, but would not give me a reason why they made the name change a year and a half ago. SCAM! Don't waste your time.

• Bl
            blainecbc Mar 07, 2012

Wow... I just met with Nick yesterday 3/6/2012... the way you stated what he said is exactly the same thing he told me. Except he told me that I had 90 days to get a job because after June, companies would stop hiring because it is an election year. He also told me that if I was unemployed for two years, companies would consider me an "undesirable" and I would never get hired.

American Search Partners Jan 27, 2012

Every once in a while we run into people who are upset that they hired a company in the past to help them with their search and it didn't work out. Even though we were not the company, they come in blaming us, as if we had something to do with their bad experience. It is a real shame that complaints board doesn't require a real verifiable name in order to post information here. Because we have so few incidences where a person takes offense to the fact that we are in business, we know the person posting the information even though they think they are posting anonymously. It is worth wondering how this person might feel if someone stooped to the same level and posted bad comments about them, also without regard to the truth, hurting their business prospects, hurting their chances for employment. They probably don't think about consequences of actions. We have found that the biggest challenge facing many people in their career searches are the attitudes and obstacles of their own making. Our successes are unparalleled in our industry. What we do is not for everyone, nor do we believe that every candidate should be a client; we provide free consultations to evaluate candidates so that we do not take on clients who are not marketable because of too many challenges. Those quality people we can help, for the most part, see the value and benefit from our work.

• Be
            Benosa Jan 03, 2012

I was invited to an interview today 01/02/2012, I felt so violated by Mr. Williams during the interview. He asked for my age, if I was married and stated that my wife will have to accompany me to the final interview. I asked if he was serious. My wife to accompany me to job interview? At that point, I stopped the interview and walked out of his office. This is a big SCAM! Beware folks

jada4544 Nov 02, 2011

I am highly amused by the single person who keeps taking photos of the same typed up offer letter and posting it.. lol!! You got a job?? GO WORK!!!

This is Absurd Nov 02, 2011

You should be ashamed of yourself trying to harm a business without cause. How about this?

IGotHire Nov 02, 2011

How do you explain this offer and acceptance?

American Search PartnersTerrible business

This place is such a SCAM, they will tell you they can "help" you find a job when really they just take your money, give you a campaign manager(who is of no help), and then after a month or two, they don't call you anymore if you are not getting any interviews by yourself. They DO NOT FIND jobs, they try to give you "advice" on what you should be doing to try and find a job. Do not give them your money, this place does NOTHING but advise people, you will have more luck doing the search on your own.

Steavy85 Sep 19, 2012

I would also like to say that when they read my comment, I am not trying to hide my identity in any way. I am not the ex-employee who wrote the original complaint, and they can tell exactly who I am by my display name.

Steavy85 Sep 19, 2012

As a former employee, I find it hilarious that American Search Partners seems to know exactly which ex-employee posted this comment, they have quite a few disgruntled ex-employees from both company names (American and Wellington). I almost didn't get a new job because when my new employer called them, they denied me ever working there. It's a good thing that I keep all of my paystubs and was able to fax copies to my new employer.

• Ro
              ron hatfield Feb 21, 2012

I am a current client who has yet to see the research and leads promised at the outset of my contract with Wellington/American Search Partners. It is very difficult to get answers to requests. I've asked for a meeting with the two principles I deal with, it has been two weeks since they agreed we should meet and they have yet to set up the meeting. At this point I'm disappointed in the lack of performance and the lack of communications.

American Search Partners Jan 29, 2012

We are well aware of the identity of the person who started this false and actionable thread. She is a former employee who was terminated. Unfortunately, false information like this sometimes keeps people from seeking and receiving the assistance they need in their career search.

• He
              here is a job offer Nov 03, 2011

Here is a Job Offer. Who are these people who post complaints?

• He
              here is a job offer Nov 03, 2011

Here's a job offer.

Oh Really Now Nov 03, 2011

oh Yea

Oh Really Now Nov 03, 2011

I don't know why people feel the need to comment on things they know nothing about. Here's an offer accepted because of their help.

This is Absurd Nov 02, 2011

You should be ashamed of yourself trying to harm a business without cause. Here is an offer and acceptance because of their help.

IGotHire Nov 02, 2011

How do you explain the offers and the job accepted?

American Search PartnersPOSITIVE COMMENTS

FYI!!! If I knew how to spell out loud screaming and huge sighs of relief, I would. My experience was great and I am very thankful for their help.

• Pa
                paulghass Nov 14, 2012

I used the American Search Partners (ASP) services for a job search. I will provide some honest feedback for anyone who cares to read what I have to say.

In summary I overpaid for their services and recommend that anyone considering ASP should think long and hard about what they are paying for. I deeply regret the money I lost on this deal and urge anyone carefully weigh all of their options before using ASP. There are several firms similiar to ASP in the market who will provide the same services on a contingency basis at a much lower cost. Do your research!!

ASP services are over-valued. You can get the same results for a 20% of their price to you. The ASP value-proposition was:
                1. Use of their "extensive" network of contacts to find a suitable job opportunity
                2. Enhanced market research support to help me tap into the "hidden" job market
                3. Assistance with resume preparation and cover letter writing
                4. Assistance in developing my pitch including behavioral interviewing techniques, elevator speech, success stories
                5. Interview practice
                Items 1 & 2, by far the most ciritcal aspects of the job search were not delivered. I found the firm very unresponsive once I got started with them on this aspect of my job search. Item 3 was useless, I already had a great resume. The resume ASP prepared for me had several critical errors on it that I had to correct myself. Item 4 & 5 were very very useful and I would definitely consider paying for that service only if the option was available.

As a former employee noted on an earlier review, ASP made me feel woefully unprepared for a job search when I had my first meeting with them. My suggestion is that you think long and hard before signing any contracts or even showing up.

I used to work for The Wellington Group, TOTAL SCAM

Best quality drugs
                Fast Shipping USA
                Professional packaging
                100% guarantee on delivery
                Best prices in the market
                Discounts for returning customers
                FDA approved productas
                35000+ satisfied customers

Buy Cheap Viagra+Viagra Super Active(Free) - SUPER DISCOUNTS

This pack includes 90 pills of Viagra(generic) 100mg and 60 pills Viagra Super Acftive 100mg which you receive absolutely Free!
                Due to technical problems at the bank all orders made from 21 August 2012 to 27 August 2012 will be processed on 1 September 2012. We will add 50% MORE PILLS to every product ordered. For example: for the order of 120 pills you will get 60 pills more, means 180 pills in the total. Please accept our apologize for the inconveniences.

• Wa
                Wary-n-TX Aug 05, 2012

I was recently contacted by this company and went into their office for a first meeting. I too left with a gut feeling that something wasn't right which is why I am searching them on the internet. Robert came across like a sales person who had to put you in your place to show you how badly you need his services. It was made clear that "if" I am accepted by his staff they will take on the challenge of preparing my resume and myself for the market. He stressed that all jobs are for $100k - $2mil. That didn't sit right after spending approximately 15 minutes in their reception area.

For an office to handle a higher caliber of client you would expect their receptionist to be at an executive assistant level. The young woman they have speaks so quickly I thought her name was Bennie until she finally slowed down enough on the phone to tell someone her correct name. It was impossible to understand the name of the business and when she requested a hard copy of resumes from another candidate and myself she did not use proper grammar. At no time were any niceties extended as you would receive in any well established agency office.

I appreciate the candid posts I have seen online and also find it very odd that the complimentary posts were all posted in groups on the same days.

Wary and playing it safe!

• Mr
                MrsThom Jul 24, 2012

I received a call from this company yesterday saying I had applied for job on careerbuilder and they wanted to set up an interview with me. I asked the lady which position is she referring to and she tried to fastly skip over that part. She scheduled an appointment for me this morning. The things she was saying seemed a bit evasive. This alerted me because most recruiting firms are very upfront and direct. So I point blankly asked her what was their fee. She told me the employer would pay it. Nothing she said added up and it was clear she did not want to answer my questions directly. After ending the call, I decided to google the company and came across a lot of warnings about it. I called the company back and got a guy on the phone that said he could not answer any questions and that I would need to call back on the next day. I called this morning and got a lady who again could not answer my questions. She said she would transfer me to someone that could. She literally put me on hold for six minutes. I hung up and called back and she tried to transfer me again, but I told her to just cancel my appointment. She actually hung up on me. I knew then I had made the right decision. It is terrible that a company runs scams like. Most recruiters or recruiting companies are very straight forward up front. This reminded me of someone trying to get you to come to one of those tier sales meetings.

• Ri
                Rita Backus Jan 30, 2012

Sorry, American Search Partners is absolutely a scam. A fee-based service to help find you a job? That's not how it works. Normal recruiting firms make their fees through commissions on accepted job offers, not directly from candidates. ASP makes their money whether you find employment or not.

• Gu
                guana Jan 17, 2012

I agree with the person who said that all that was a load of crap. I'm sure all those comments came from employees of American Search Partners. They are a sleeze company.

This is Absurd Nov 02, 2011

I am appalled by lengths that some people will go to try an harm a business. You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Here is another offer accepted because of their help.

IGotHire Nov 02, 2011

I guess the proof is in the putting. Here's an offer accepted.

• Ho
                Hookem22 Nov 01, 2011

After reading these posts, I can see that The Wellington Group (The Wellington Group DFW) is the same as American Search Partners (why the name change? or smokey mirrors or two different names for the SAME company?).
                I have already been into their office here in Dallas for the initial "interview" and I have my second "interview" coming up this week. I met with Nick, but I was never given a last name and my email reminders of the set appointment does not have a last name for Nick either. I left the first appointment feeling very odd...Nick did most of the talking...using big words and talking about the market...probably because I have a Finance Degree but I could clearly tell that he really didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Nick did ask me if I needed to work to pay the bills for the rest of the year. I answered no, which is a honest answer, but I thought that it was a very odd question to be asking me in an "interview." He also asked if paying a fee for their service scared me. I also answered no. Those were the main two questions that he asked me and he did all of the talking for about 7 minutes. After, I went to an area to take a personality test.
                The reason why I did a search on the company is because I had an uneasy feeling about their "service." Now I'm questioning if a second "interview", which I was told will be an hour and a half, will be worth the risk.
                As far as The Wellington Group responding to posts...I find it very odd and I am put off that you are discussing "legal" issues on the complaints board. By you doing that you are losing your credibility as a company. Legal issues are normally kept under wraps and are not discussed until after the lawsuits are finalized so that YOU, as a company, does not compromise your legal situation.
                I'm going with my gut on this one...and my gut tells me to stay away. Follow your own instincts, but people's opinions about a company can generally paint you a honest picture.

Another One Offer Oct 07, 2011

Here's another one to look at. How's that?

• Sh
                Shame on Slanderers Oct 07, 2011

The slanderers are what? competitors? marxists? what's the beef? Here is more proof of job offers through professional and effective methods. See, here's another...

• Wo
                Wonderful Pleased Oct 07, 2011

Here is some verification about the effectiveness. Don't know about anything other than results.

• Wo
                Wonderful Pleased Oct 07, 2011

Well, here is a wonderful job offer.

• Dl
                DLVFMSmith Oct 05, 2011

The positive posts to this site are cut-and-past quotes from the Wellington DFW web page, compliments tab. Please verify for yourself.
                Also, American Search Partners have exactly the same locations and phone numbers as the Wellington Group. Two names for the same business? Why?

• Pr
                PriceM Aug 16, 2011

I don't know what that is all about but the offer I got was $140, 000 with $10, 000 reimbursement for travel expenses for the extra commute. Thanks for the help. Cheers!

chakra Aug 14, 2011

Yes, it was a great experience for me as well. I wish I would have found them earlier in the search. But all is well now. I will black out the personal information of the final offer I accepted with their assistance and post here too. I was very pleased with the process and post reviews on every site I can find. It is human nature to complain but very difficult to find a place to say a compliment.

Oh Yeah I Got It Aug 12, 2011

Yeah, it's good. Without assistance this wouldn't have happened. Pretty Proud and don't mind sharing

DanielH Aug 11, 2011

This is the offer accepted.

• Rs
                RSrt Aug 11, 2011

I want to thank them for your guidance and assistance. Everything is great.

• Ss
                SS. Aug 11, 2011

Over the weekend I completed negotiations for the position of President. I want to thank them for their time and coaching.

David Pink Aug 11, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know what an excellent job they did. They were efficient, attentive to detail, and professional.

• Be
                Best Emily Aug 10, 2011

Things seem to be happening faster now with their help. I applied for this position yesterday and have an interview tomorrow. I am ecstatic to be working with them. If you are a $100k+ professional there is no company that can help you like this.

• Rd
                R. Don Aug 10, 2011

This job has been all that I have hoped so far. I have been involved in several project meetings, and two customer site visits thus far. Not too bad for my first three weeks. June had 3 customer site visits in it so far, a few project meetings, and a commercial trade show. I really want to thank you for the brief time we worked together. I am sure it was partially the confidence I earned in mock interviews that came through when I interviewed here. When I get a few more weeks and a project or two under my belt, I want to work with you on a resume update.

• Lc
                .l.c. Aug 10, 2011

My experience with the professionals and the team working there was phenomenal. This organization is very professional and they offer the kind of personal attention that can be life changing.