American-LeisureSCAM & RIPOFF

L

I too do not know how this company got my information but before I knew it they were charging me a monthly fee on a credit card...when I called to have the money refunded...you will get an automated response telling you to press "1" to cancel your membership or go to cancel.american-leisure.com ...that is the only option you will get when calling so it seems that this is set up to be a scam from the "git-go" These people should be tracked down and prosecuted for illegal practices such as this!
This is certainly not a service I would have ever signed up for as I am a single woman trying to support myself and this is a luxury I could have never afforded!
This so called service is a disgrace to any legatimate business!

• Li
    lilibeth adunga Sep 02, 2008

yeah this happen to me too, this website just pop out on my statement from the bank, I dont know how to track down this idiots, but when somebody track them down i am so sure that they will rot in jail for what they did, and i'm going to report this to the authorities, and i am going to hunt these guys down, before more people will get hacked

you can email me at [protected]@yahoo.com if you are interested to help me hunt these guys down

• Je
    Jeannette Sep 16, 2008

I am also one of those people who has a charge on my statement for this website. I tried to call to cancel and get a refund but have not been able to talk to anyone about it because I always get a voice mail. I would like to be one of the people who helps track these folks down, because I and a disabled person and only receive a social security check. I don't have the time for this kind of bull, not to speak about the money they are charging me. This is crazy. Just tell me what I have to do.

• St
    Stephanie Sep 17, 2008

HEY EVERYONE WITH THIS COMPLAINT / I HAVE YOUR SOLUTION

There is a number that you can call for both the American Leisure Company and the Easy Saver Company. Somehow I got routed into this crap but I got their number and I just called and put my telephone number in and verified my mailing information with a lady and I spoke to someone live after a one minute hold time and they cancelled both the American Leisure and Easy Saver. It is kind of a scam to get you out of money but you can cancel it because I just did.

The number is [protected].

• El
    Elizabeth Bohnenkamp Oct 07, 2008

There is also another number you can call to cancel and they will have you speak w/ a live operator it is [protected]

• Lo
    Lori J Rupert Oct 16, 2008

I also am dealing with this American Leisure Co. and Easy Saver. Stephanie and Elizabeth above are right. I called BOTH #'s and cancelled through each of them. And then I called my credit card company and they are working with me on it too. He called and said that you can speak to a live person there at [protected] between the hours of 9am and 9pm Mon-Fri. I intend to call and speak to someone tomarrow, but I am hoping to get this whole issue resolved tomarrow

• Kr
    Kris Denny Oct 30, 2008

I just got off of the phone with a live operator [protected]) and she agreed to cancel the unknown membership and refund my $34.00.She said we had ordered something named viapran and the American Leisure and Easy Saver was a benefit with this paid by the month.I told her we ordered nothing of the sort and I wanted it cancelled>I had to get pretty hateful, but I am going to get a refund.Make sure you get a confirmation#.Good Luck

• Pa
    Pat Clark Oct 31, 2008

I want to cancel this american leisure. I tried to by
    web - cancel.american leisure. site not available.
    Tried again and was told it could virus my e-mail.

Jo Nov 17, 2008

I just cancelled my membership by the # that is on my credit card statement, which by the way I do not know how they got my info too. I signed up for the Easy Saver but don't remember the American Leisure. I just tried the two numbers from the previous comments and both are no longer in service.I will contact my credit card and make sure they don't charge again.

• Cr
    cracker Jan 31, 2009

I too got snagged by american-lesuire and easysaver.com.
    I was told that my credit card # was chosen because my credit card payment history was excellent and this was a reward program. Trail offer for 1 month for $1.00, review 30 days than monthly membership fees each month thereafter until I called to cancel. My account was charged $1.00 on 1-28-09. I tried calling and only got recording about "cancel.american-lesuire.com". NO SUCH WEBSITE. Even though it has been stated that the above #'s are no longer valid, I will not give up pursuit!! I will post results after next attempt.

• Ti
    ticked off in Mass Apr 11, 2009

EZ Saver & American Leisure are both a scam from the same company. Waych out for usingyour banking information / credit cards online with any of the sites such as e-bay, pay pal, etc. This scam has happened 2X to myself & my husband. The first time was on my bank card after I had made some online purchases from ebay using pay pal. I had to jump through hoops to get everything cancelled. Even after it was supposedly cancelled, I received a few phone calls at home saying I was chosen for a promotion since I had an excellent credit card purchase/payment history. The 2nd time my husband ordered something online from our joint bank account & 2 seperate charges started coming out first each $1.95 and then 1 month later 2 more charges $16.95/each. Still jumping through hoops to get this taken care of & refund the money lost - this has been going on since 12/2008 & still charges are coming out of our account each month. My first problem with them was resolved luckily it was only $1.95 that came out of that account but now it is getting out of control. It is like fighting a losing battle. I have even tried changing bank accounts - closing out this one & starting with a new account. I don't make any purchases online any longer & am rarely using my card. Very frustrating & inconvenient, but until this is resolved not much else can be done other than changing banks/ accounts.

cherieg May 12, 2009

I was also scammed by both American Leisure and EZ Saver. What is incredible to me is that these are the same company...essentially double dipping into our account. When I called American Leisure the representative was very nasty to me. I asked her what State they were located in (as I wanted to file a complaint with the Attorney General in that State..although I didn't tell her that) she outright refused to give me their address or even the State. Any legitimate business would be more than happy to give their address. A legitimate company would want to get feedback from their customers.

I was told by both American Leisure and EX Saver that they are a rewards program. However, we never received ANY information from them either by mail or e-mail. If they are a legitimate rewards program you would think you wold receive SOMETHING from them explaining the benefits.

Frankly I think it is high time that these rip off artists be stopped! These companies are ripe for a class action suit!! They have to be ripping connsumers off in the order of millions of dollars!! I did file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and encourage others to do so as well. If they receive enough complaints maybe the FTC will take action against these companies and put an end to this. I have also contacted our State senator and asked them to investigate these companies. They are nothing but a scam and are vicitmizing consumers each and every day they are allowed to stay in "business".

• Pl
    please cancel Jun 10, 2009

debbie brown i want to cancel my membership #[protected] i must cancel by the 15 of june i cant find how to do this

• Cl
    clb07 Jun 19, 2009

I am so greatful I found this site, I also have had money taken from my account by American Leisure and Easy Saver and I have no idea how they got my information. The first time they overdrafted me and when I thought I was rid of them a year later they tried it again but my banks fraud protection wouldn't allow it. I called there so called company number and I get that annoying atomated machine. These people need to be stopped they are thieves and are taking advantage of innocent people.

• Sp
    SpamMeNot Aug 16, 2009

A trial of stretchmark remover came with this amazing bonus offer subscription to these two services, what a deal! (Sarcasm) Here's how to unsubscribe online:

Go here and type in either your membership number (9-digits) or email address/phone number
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=AM (for american-leisure.com)
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=ES (for myeasysaver.com)

• L
    ***L Aug 20, 2009

A few minutes ago, I finished my call to [protected] where I was assisted by a very courteous Amer. Leisure cust svc rep who cancelled both the American Leisure & Easy Savers memberships. I asked for & received a confirmation nbr which indicated cancellation of both memberships (Amer Leisure & Easy Saver). These 2 memberships were obtained as a result of signing on to a radio promotion for GrocerySavers.com . Thus far I have not been charged anything, but will be on the alert for any unapproved charges.
    FYI: [protected] is available M-F 9a-9p EST per brochure I rec'd; likewise for [protected] (Easy Saver). Hope this helps.
    *** L 8/20/09

• Sc
    scamhtr Aug 24, 2009

I just called [protected] spoke with someone named Susan. She stated that my account would be refunded for 4 of the charges that incurred but I would have to await a phone call from a superviser to get the rest of them cancelled. She also stated that it would take 7-10 business days before I would receive the credit in my account. I have called my bank to let them know about this so that no more charges will be approved by them. We'll see if this works! Good luck to the rest of you

• Eu
    eurob Aug 26, 2009

I got these a trial membership for easysaver & america leasure when I ordered hydroxatone. Yes they are the same company because my membership id was the same on both brochures that they sent me. And indeed, the cancel.american-leasure.com address is not valid. What you need to do is this:

For EasySaver: goto www.myeasysaver.com and click the 'Contact us' link, on their contact page you will see a cancel link.
    For American Leisure: goto www.american-leisure.com and scroll to the bottom where you will see the cancel link.

Hope this helps.
    Robert

• Sp
    spamburnout Oct 23, 2009

Thanks ***L for posting how to cancel membership to EasySaver and American Leisure online.

It's so much easier than getting frustrated and waiting on hold for something you didn't order and it allows you to email a copy of the cancellation/confirmation numbers to yourself.

Here is the online cancellation information again in case someone missed it.

http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=AM (for american-leisure.com)
    http://crm.encoremarketing.com/cancels/?product=ES (for myeasysaver.com)

• Ph
    PH51 Oct 30, 2009

Hello All,

I too ran into the same issue of trying to cancel this membership. I called the [protected] number they provided in order to cancel and was forwarded to website: cancel.american leisure.com and found it was a bogus site. Never the less, I believe I have found the correct site to cancel this membership. Please see below.

TO CANCEL:
    Go to: http://www.american-leisure.com/
    At the bottom of the page there is a link that says: Member Cancel Center, Click this link and enter in either your name, id number or telephone # and they will cancel your membership and provide you with a confirmation number. I just did this tonight, so I have yet to see what happens, but at least I have a confirmation number should any other issues arise.

I hope this is helpful for us all...and to those who are trying to run this scam, I hope that they are held accountable.

Thanks!

• Mi
    Miah Wish Dec 08, 2009

Just called Ameri Leisure [protected] (stay on the line to get thru to a real person) spoke with Jacob Carter! Cancelled my account and both EZ Saver's and Ameri Leisure Charges of 16.95 will be refunded to my debit card within 7-10 business days! EZ Saver # [protected]! Just in case! Make sure to get a confirmation number!!!

• Mr
    Mrs. Jenkins Jan 08, 2010

Recently my Mother moved her checking to a different bank and I got a call from the new bank regarding two automatic payments one for American Leisure and one for Easy Saver--and she was supposed to inform them of her new account number. After doing a Google search I found this site. Then I talked to Mom about this scam and she called them and actually got these unauthorized payments canceled. She also told them she wants her money back. Then I called the bank and they ran a history back to April of '08 and this has been going on since then. The bank can get two months' worth back. I am contacting the BBB and AARP. Maybe AARP can publish an article in their magazine to help protect others from such fraud. They were charging her a total of $33.90/month.

Thank you for all the information here and I hope something can be done to end such fraud!

• Is
    Isela Smith Feb 19, 2010

I also called [protected] and spoke with person rightaway. They try to trick you about cancelling by phone or on the web (no web-site) BUT you should speak with live person complain about debits raise hell!! : - > I dont know exactly when they started debiting 16.95 from this american and ez saver company but it is a scam and they are going to refund me back 200 $. So just dont let them scam you into this.

Madison Afftran Apr 03, 2010

Looks like this company is getting your credit card info from an infomercial to buy a TV product. We were scammed and the only thing we purchased was a Nuwave oven from an infomercial. Never heard of this company. They really need to be shut down. We too will continue working with the Feds to put these crackpots in jail.

Christopher.Brown Jul 05, 2010

Most of the post I have read date back to 2008. I am having the same problem as everyone else, BUT... I never signed up for Amercian Leisure or Easy Saver yet I am being charged $29.90 a month. I cannot cancel because I never gave them a phone number, email address, nor have I ever received a membership # or confirmation email. From my understanding from reading these post either one of these pieces of information are needed to cancel the account. Is there anything I can do to cancel this account if I never signed up in the first place nor do I have the information needed to cancel the account?

If you have any information or if anyone is moving forward with a class action lawsuit plese email me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Mary Dominguez Jul 14, 2010

I have just cancelled my acccount with american leisure it was simple by using the following number [protected]. Don't be discouraged I had a hard time finding the number butI got it done so can you. Stop getting the ridiculos charge taken from your account. just have your name address and ID number ready the ID number is on your checking accout statement. They will ask you for a reason why you want to cancel.
    For further information on cancelling Easy saver and american leisure I have several phone numbers you can try [protected] [protected]

• Ha
    Hannah D. Haas Sep 02, 2010

Okay, so these charges appeared on my bank statement and I contested them with the bank - which you can do if you can't get ahold of anyone - and they gave me the phone numbers, which I called and spoke with a very nice foreign individual who did indeed cancel the membership (that I never signed up for, apparently it came with something I bought online) and refunded both charges of $16.95 that were on my statement, one on Feb 5, 2010 and the other more recent (and the first time I noticed it) on July 12, 2010. I did make sure to get a confirmation # and still went to the bank to contest the charge as it affected my daily balance and caused me to go overdrawn (again, which is the only reason I noticed it, who scrutinized their statements anymore - from now on, I will!!). The bank immediately credited the amounts and went back to check the daily balance and credited the overdraft fees that were associated with the charges, something eveyone should do if this was your Banking Debit VISA/MC that was used, the same with the credit card companies, it takes a bit of legwork and paperwork on your part, but you can get it all straightened out and get your money back, including fees associated with the bogus charges. I don't know how they got my information, but whoever did so didn't realize I don't get mail at my home address, which is what they used to sign up, and they didn't know my P.O. Box #, which was a dead give-a-way that it wasn't I that did the charges, must have used my shipping address from an online order through e-bay or amazon, again, I'll be more diligent in the future with my orders to make sure no "hidden" boxes are checked.

• De
    DENISE RICHARDS Nov 26, 2010

THIS COMPANY IS NOT REAL, I ORDERED A CREAM, AND THEY STOLE FROM ME, MY ACCOUNT INFORMATION, THEY APPEARED ON MY ACCOUNT FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, UNTIL I EVENTUALLY SPOKE TO A SUPERVISER, THEY SAID THEY WILL ISSUE ME MY CREDIT, BUT THEY ARE DOING ISSUING THE CREDIT SLOWLY, MEANWHILE, I AM OUT OF $406.80. THEY STOLE FROM ME, THEY ALSO DON'T GIVE THEIR COMPANY INFORMATION, ALL I KNOW IS THAT THEY ARE IN THE STATE OF PA, " SO THEY SAY, THEY ARE THEIVING, ROBBING IDIOTS, FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY. FILFTHY LIARS, HORRIBLE LIARS, I WILL CALL EVERY SINGLE DAY, AND HARASS THEM UNTIL I RECEIVE ALL OF MY MONEY...

• Je
    Jennifer Bradley Dec 07, 2010

Did anyone happen to order Wordsmart from the TV? I did last December, then cancelled, it was after that that the charges began. I know Wordsmart is located in San Diego California, I may just have arrive at the door step and find out who they sold my information to.