American Leisure / EZ SaverIllicit, Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

My wife and I noticed last month that - for some time now - American Leisure and EZ Saver (both companies bill and each has the same ID number) have EACH been charging my Bank of America business credit card $16.95 (x2) every month!

I called an cancelled last month. Yet, the same charges showed up again this month. I called EZ Saver and cancelled again; if it shows up next month, I'm filing an FTC complaint. This month, American Leisure's phone message directed me to a website to cancel (http://cancel.americanleisure.com), which just "conveniently is UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

I'm furious with these scam artists. I've no idea how the regular monthly charges started, and I don't even know what these [censored]es' alleged "services" entail. I just want them to STOP charging my credit card!

American Leisure / EZ Saver

•   Jun 19, 2009

We usually do check our bill each month Things got crazy for a few months, and we failed to check it. I've already submitte a written dispute to the credit card company. Thank you.

• J
      May 17, 2010
    American Leisure / EZ Saver - Ripped Off Again!!!

Ripped off FOR THE THIRD TIME by the SAME scam artists!!! Last year we discovered two different monthly $12.95 debits by Reservation Rewards. Both times our bank got us the phone number, we called them and they agreed to refund the charges. When asked how this all started they said I had 1- clicked on a free offer when I bought something on line, and 2- opened a text message they had sent me.

This third time, American Leisure AND EZ Saver began taking $16.95 monthly EACH since April. The way I caught it was when my bank sent an overdraft fee notice of $32.00!

Apparently this all started when I order the NuWave Oven by phone. I had not idea that by ordering that thing I was agreeing to those charges!

I called American Leisure / EZ Saver and they agreed to refund the charges, but when they refused to pay me for the overoverdraft fee I asked to speak to the manager.

A "complaint-taker" got on the phone and said that I had to fax a bank statement showing the overdraft fee before they would "begin an investigation" which consisted of retreiving the recorded phone conversation I had with NuWave when I had apparently "agreed to the charges". To be honest, I'm afraid to send them my bank statement - I don't trust them!

My bank said they can't refund the fee. What else can I do?

• L
      Jun 27, 2010

I have similar issued with them. I called to cancel about 2 weeks ago from 6/11/2010. They told the last charge and free service for a whole year. They promise and agree to send literature to my mailing address. They told me a brother or sister give them the name and credit card to charge my account from vitamin company.

I plan to file the FTC as well, if they not stop my credit card.

Best regards,

LL from Dallas 6/26/2010

• D
      Oct 21, 2010

This company whatever it is should be prosecuted for taking our money!I cant believe that they have gotten away with it for this long.I have three kids to support and there taking almost forty dollars out of my account every month.Does anyone even know what this company is about or how there getting our information?There pissing me off and they should be shot!

• E
      Dec 18, 2010

Anyone in this situation should call Freed & Weiss to join a building class action against the company behind this scam. (It's pretty easy, just call them and tell them your story).

Trilegiant is the company behind this abuse. They use bogus marketing tactics to get people to unknowingly sign up for memberships and then people are charged every month, again and again.

(Tactics include pop-up windows during checkout at another site, text messages with fake gift certificates, bogus checks in the mail, and automated recordings when you pay a bill via phone).

Call Freed & Weiss! Toll free: 866.799.9610. They need to hear from you so that they can move the class action forward and put a stop to this terrible customer abuse.

Email: [protected]@freedweiss.com

• J
      Jul 16, 2011

I agree with pobarjenkins. It is not a salespersons job to be a caregiver..it is the relatives. This relative should have been present or helping to take care of their 100 year old father. The sales person did not call him for a sale, he called her. She was doing her job. Plus I have yet to see a mail order anything that returns shipping and handling charges. That part seems common sense. If not for the orderer than the one who is criticizing it.