American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]non compliance with contract

I have the same problem as many others have. The differences are that mine cost me over $3000.00. AHS has given zero toward any repairs. When they were contacted my wife had to argue with them as I was in bad shape as my Asma was high and I could hardly breathe. They finely got some out there, it was two dates later. We were told that the unit was built in the 1990s. They could fix it, but the cost would be over 500.00 to me, also that the freon could not and would not be used after December 2019 per government orders. This meant that the money spent would be gone with no benefit. I then decided and talked to AHS and ask them to just give the money that the parts they would have to get would cost. Their reply was we will get the parts and you pay the excess. That did not make sense to me, I then explained again that this was a bad idea. My answer back was that are rules state if the contractor says it can be fixed, we do it. This makes no sense as this unit is over 13 years old and after 12/31/2019 the unit could not be fixed if freon had to be used. They just keep telling me that they could not do anything else no progress. It was over 90 degrees my Asma was to a point that my wife was threating to call the ambulance. We finally had to call and get easements on a new unit. All I ask was that AHS just give me the money it was going to pay the contractor to work on the old unit. They said no. I am out $75.00 for the service call and over $3000.00 for the cost of a new unit.

• Updated by John Lay, Oct 02, 2019