American Cash Awardssimilar issues-got results!

I share the same experience with those entires listed around me, except so far I have recieved communication from them about my refund.

Family Subscriptions, one of the magazine companies, no longer uses American Cash Awards as their clearing house. They have set up their own in Missouri.

The number to call is [protected]

If you aren't using Family subscriptions, then contact American Cash Awards, not by the # on the back of the reciept, but use this one:
[protected]. I spoke with a Tanga Monore. She was very helpful in explaining the split and giving me the other info.

Haven't recieved my money back yet, but they tell me it will be in about a week or so. At least I feel like I got somewhere so far.

• Be
    beyondzion Sep 25, 2009

MIDWEST CIRCULATION LLC:
    Just had a "Corey Ward" slick-talk us into this now-known scam. The company was at least 'trying' to look legit by providing info on the receipt: Midwest Circulation LLC, 506 Northland Drive, Cameron, MO, 64429 ... [protected] and a second phone and fax #. But a quick web search on the phone number revealed several recent posts of people here trying to contact it regarding an "American Cash Awards" program with a similar M.O.
    For a good M.O. description of these programs, look at this blog I found. (see http://listofscams.blogspot.com/2009/07/door-to-door-magazine-sales-is.html )
    Corey even introduced his "handler" as he passed us by in a big white van with Missouri tags (in our state of North Carolina), and they greeted each other. Corey may be one of the one's being scammed in this.
    A Google Map of the address reveals a vague address, possibly of a strip mall.
    Phoning the number gets a constant voicemail.
    We are going to simply cancel the check and switch our bank account. I'd rather have the hassle of doing that, than the hassle of an identity scam.

• Ba
    Barrudaki Apr 14, 2010

So did you get your refund or is it still in the mail?