Ambit Energyrip-off

I am a new ambit energy customer and hadn’t had a problem with them until last month. I recently had a baby in Oct.2011, so I had to quit my job, and a month later my boyfriend changed his job also. We were managing fine, until Dec. came around. With the holidays here and everything else, we were on a budget. I called an agency they told me about, that helps low income families pay their electrical bills. One week before my Dec. bill was due I was approved and the agency sends ambit a pledge for $72.05, I called Ambit two days before the bill was due to let them know about the pledge and that the payment might be late, they said it was ok. Then when I received my Jan. bill I noticed that I owed $171.33 for Dec. and Jan. but before I could call the agency or even make a payment my services were interrupted, without a disconnection notice. We went to the agency right away and they told me that the pledge had been sent, but did not know why it hadn’t been posted. They called Ambit and refax the pledge, and then asked me to make a $66.00 payment to ambit, for my service to get reconnected. I called Ambit after I made the payment and was told that it would take 24hrs for the pledge to show on their system so that they couldn’t send a reconnect order until then. The next day I get a lease violation at the apartments where I live, for having my electricity disconnected. A week after that incident I received a disconnect ion notice telling me that I had to make a $99.28 payment or I would get disconnected. I made the payment right away, and then I received my Feb. bill days later for $342.24. I called ambit and they told me the bill hadn’t been updated yet, but that I still have to pay $170.42, and they could not waive the disconnect and reconnect charges. I asked them that if I change companies would I get my $200.00 deposit back, and they said no, not if you break the contract. I honestly think this company is a rip-off; they don’t acknowledge their mistakes and blame their customers.

• Tx
    txdoc77 Aug 08, 2012

I agree totally,
    I too ran into an issue with ambit cooperating with a late payment. If anything, they really need to look into following up on situations like these and see if they can come up with something a little more compassionate and lenient towards low income people struggling.

• Tc
    TC-Texas Apr 30, 2012

I agreed with Cely...Ambit has very poor customer service...My service was disconnected 5 days after I paid my bills ..then I got my next bill and it stated that I have until the 2nd to make my payment..A second set of disconnection and connection fee where charged to my account..I spoke with Oncor and no one suppose to come to my house..my service was never disrupted but the fees were charged...Ambit is charging for services thta did not provide...it's just a rip off company...Customer service means nothing to them...

• Could you also please clarify for me where in San Antonio's zipcode's you live because as of right now Ambit Energy does not service the San Antonio area. Thank you. I am curious as to know where it shows they are available since I cannot locate a serviceable area there. :o)

• I am deeply sorry for your experience. As a customer and a consultant with Ambit Energy, might I clarify a few things? As I deeply sorry for your losses during this time, however, the electric accounts are controlled by computer now, not manual touch. This means that if your payments came in after the time of the computer shut off time, they would not post and it would appear the account needed to disconnected. I am not saying it was right however, everyone needs to understand the system.

Ambit Energy is not a rip-off or scam, as they have been recognized as the number one fastest growing privately held company in America for 2010 and 2011. They truly to seek to be the finest and most respected energy provider in America. It is unfortunate that you have experienced something of this magnitude with my company. However, if there is a way I can make it right, please let me know.

My information is: Jeremy Nelson, [protected], [email protected], facebook.com/ambitinmotion.

Thank you for posting though as it does help us to maintain and improve our services in the future in the hopes this sort of incident can be avoided in the future.

Have a fantastic day! :o)

Comment Guidelines