Amadeus Home Music School / Picasso Home Art SchoolFraudulent /SCAM ARTIST

U

This company is disfunctional. They Stole $8000.00 out of our bank account. Never ever had a teacher contact us about our art lessons that were supposed to show up prior to Christmas and then again in Jan. Diana Efre is the sweet voice on the phone that lies through her teeth to get and keep your money. Still looking for a refund w/ now a lawer. Anyone looking to go after these crooks on a class action lawsuit!! If you have more dirt send it here.

• Cr
    Crystal Mar 13, 2009

I worked for them, and things got totally out of hand -- they grew too quick and couldn't handle everything, and they let me go.
    My understanding is that they are closing down, and have asked everyone to reverse the charges on their Credit Cards or call in and get a direct credit.
    My friend in the company told me they want to resolve EVERYTHING, and that they feel bad about it.
    Here is the number they told me to call: 646 345 3170

• Ar
    art teacher Mar 19, 2009

ComplaintDescription: I was hired by the Picasso Home Art School to teach private art lessons in the homes of Amadeus Home Music School clients. The two divisions are of the same company. Two of my students were double charged for lessons they had not agreed to and could not reach anyone at the company for weeks to correct the problem. The contract I signed said I would be paid at the conclusion of four lessons. To date I have received payment for 12 lessons but have taught an additional 14 lessons since that time without compensation. Maria Pagliarulo (917 287 9528) is the person who hired me and I corresponded with her regarding the credit card over charges that my students faced. I have contacted Maria several times regarding non payment of my services and she said she would look into it. Yesterday I got a phone call from Maria saying she had resigned from the company. The Director, Michael Lawson (973 960 3354) will not answer the phone and his voice mail has since filled up so I can no longer leave a message. I have left messages at every phone number I have listed for the company and no one has called me back. (800 935 6744) Donna Esposito (973 313 1143)is apparently the customer service agent but won't call me back. To date I am owed $520. Two students who will not receive all lessons they signed up for will be owed refunds of $135.00 each. Efforts to contact the company through the website (www.music-housecalls.com) have gone unanswered. This company has my social security number on file.
    submit: Submit Complaint

• Gu
    Gus Mar 20, 2009

I am an art teacher for Picasso in Florida and I am having the same problems. Not getting paid and hearing complaints from my students that Picasso is tapping their credit card for unauthorized payments.

• Ag
    agillustration Mar 22, 2009

me too i am a teacher and have not ben paid and have ben trying to end my contract with my student for several months now. I feel bad for my student since they have already paid and expect to have lessons. I hate to cancel on them especially since i only have a few more lessons left in the contract. just got an email form maria saying she is resigned and to email a roberta at picasso. anyone know if we will get paid????? im ready to call my lawer!!!
    [email protected]

Anonymous in DC Mar 25, 2009

Try contacting Andrew at 917-403-0489. I spoke with him just today and he does, apparently, have something to do with making arrangements for refunds, at least that is how he portrayed himself to me. Email does seem to get attention but we shall see if and whether I receive the monies owed to me.

Anonymous in DC Mar 25, 2009

Andrew Mitchell - [email protected] 917-403-0489. He just called me again to explain that my check is going into the mail today!

• Ag
    agillustration Mar 25, 2009

no word from drew i called and emailed. nothing. this sucks

• So
    Someone Mar 31, 2009

I am Alex, my wife is teaching Violin and Piano in Northern Virginia, and the same thing, my wife didn't get paid, Amadeus school owed her $ 1225, they never pick up the phone or returning any messages.
    They do email back (sometimes), with stating that they sent a pay check, and today they are saying that they have payroll issues.
    They do tell student's parents that everything is fine and my wife will get paid, and will continue to teach.
    Well, it's not happening.
    Anyone either sudents or teachers who is researching about this school, DO NOT make decision to work there or get lessons through them, before you fully reaearch them, and also there are plenty of other schools in the area.

• Ta
    Tanya Apr 02, 2009

We recently were charged for an additional block of lessons. After a month of trying to resolve it with Amadeus I went to my credit card company to dispute this charge. However, in the meantime our piano teacher stopped coming for the original block of lessons (because they were not paying her). We have about 2 months of lessons that were payed for and no one teaching my children.

Every time I call Amadeus there is a new voice on the the voicemail. I have tried certain numbers from above comments but the mail boxes are full.

Very frustrated!

• Re
    Rebecca Ruivenkamp Apr 03, 2009

I'm a music teacher and they owe me $1200. I've heard that after a while with the company they stop paying you and just "recruit" new teachers. Add that to the no refunds and that adds up to a lot of money for Michael Lawson.

Jammie Apr 06, 2009

I have the same problems. However, they only owe me $400.00. After not receiving a check for the second block of lessons, I started calling, emailing, etc. Sometimes they email me back. I just got an email from roberta in payroll and she said she doesn't work for the company anymore either...wonder why?

Who is heading up the class action lawsuit?
    I'm TOTALLY in.
    Jammie Hampton
    562.233.6216

• Am
    Amanda Apr 09, 2009

I am having the same issues- owed $680. PLease let me know if anybody is filing a lawsuit- we should all do it together. If nobody has, let's get all our contact info together and file one. 410-978-9396- Amanda

• Am
    Amanda Apr 09, 2009

okay just called all the numbers for picasso home art school/amadeus and donna no longer works there, roberta doesn't either, michael's # won't go through, and i left messages for andrew. this is so ridiculous- my students are owed money too. oh and by the way in case anyone hasn't noticed, the website is closed. please call or email me if you want to join me in filing a lawsuit, or have one already filed that i can join. phone # is in above post, here is my email- [email protected]

dawn Apr 09, 2009

i am in the same situation. they charged my credit card without my authorization and now they are not paying my teacher and he stopped our lessons. they owe me for 25 more lessons. i want to sue also. please contact me if anyone has started a class action. we need to get our money before they file BK... [email protected]

Dawn Apr 09, 2009

Same situation with me - they double charged my credit card without authorization - they sent me a teacher, but the teacher is not getting paid so therefore no lessons. I am interested in a class action suit. [email protected]

Dawn Apr 09, 2009

I just filled out complaint form to send to Attorney General Consumer Frauds Office tomorrow, hope we get somebody interested in this scam [email protected]

• Ju
    judy Apr 09, 2009

As I read what is written, I've got chills. Been through all of this in Northridge, CA. I am an art teacher that is owed for 8 lessons. Both of my students have had multiple, unauthorized charges by Picasso Home Art School. At least they have recourse to have those charges reversed. I finally reached Maria, who I always felt comfortable working with, to find out that she has not been paid by the company. Michael Lawson should be in jail. I'm in on any class action suit. I submitted my own complaint to the federal internet fraud department; this was before I saw all the other complaints! [email protected]

dan curry Apr 10, 2009

I am also an art teacher scammed by this operation. They contacted the PA Council on the Arts to find artists. I went on good faith that the state arts council would not be connected to a scam operation. I did 8 lessons with no pay and the clients were doubled charged like others. Now they and I are victimized by this scam--class action suit may be applicacable for the scale of this scam--let me know if I can help. Dan Curry, artist/teacher PCA roster artist.

• Ro
    Rob Apr 13, 2009

This school is a RIP=OFF!!! They charged me $544.00 for 8 lessons, which I never received!!! I told Donna and Andrew I wanted my money back more than 4 times!!! Donna said she'd mail out my refund, and it's 1 month later!!! What a rip-off!!!

• In
    indienational Apr 14, 2009

Count me in on the class action lawsuit. Regardless of what others say about them wanting to resolve everything and pay everyone. They are not doing it and will not respond to emails or phone calls. I was a teacher for 2 years. I am owed $540.00 and my students are owed over $1000.00. [email protected]

Dawn Apr 17, 2009

Amanda sent me this info which is great - as now we have a place to send our complaints to.
    WRITE A LETTER AND EXPLAINING YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE SCHOOL AND INFO REGARDING WHAT THEY OWE YOU. SEND TO:

Investigator Charles Crescenz
    Division of Criminal Justice
    25 Market St
    PO Box 085
    Trenton, NJ 08625

This is great, because at least the Criminal Justice Department in New Jersey will look into it and this is the same state as the owners have their addresses.

• Il
    Ileana Apr 23, 2009

They stole $3600.00 from me. Michael Lawson said that I would get my money back. It's not been seven months and I have gotten nothing. I would like to be in the class actions lawsuit as well. My number is 201-463-2682.

• Ka
    Kavita Singh Jun 10, 2009

This company is a complete scam.My son took 8 classes during the last summer and they charged my card for $1500 extra without my authorization. They got the money for 16 classes which never took place, as well as they refused to refund the money. We called a number of times but none of the people who I contacted to make the payments were reachable ever again. These people completely fool all of us and scam us. I am with all the other lawsuits and complaints against this company.

For any further questions or help contact me at [email protected]

• Mo
    Momthrice Jul 27, 2009

I suppose I am relatively lucky that I did receive some instruction from a teacher with Picasso Home School arts program. I had a wonderful teacher come to my home 6 times for instruction. I infact I paid for a full 12 and then i had to move. Prior to our move I spoke with Donna who assured me I could pick up the classes at anytime in the area I was relocating. I began trying to reach someone today to continue my art instruction to no avial. It looks like I've been had too. I was hoping to hone my skills to somehow make some extra money for our family (like everyone else!). Now I'm out more money and worse for the wear.