AM Used Auto Parts [AMUAP]transmission

I Dec 30, 2019

I live in CA and purchased a used transmission for my 2012 Nissan Murano without checking for reviews and sorely regret it now. It took 10 days to receive a tracking number and over two weeks to receive the part. If that wasn't bad enough, the part they sent was defective and my mechanic refused to install it.

I contacted them via phone and email and even sent video clips of the defective transmission and compared it to a proper working one (since there is no way to diagnose it without it being inside a vehicle). They reviewed my video clips and agreed over the phone that it appeared to be defective and would contact me after submitting it to their warranty department and let me know if the costs of shipping it back would be covered. That was over a week ago on December 20, 2019. I never got a call or email so I called them back on Monday December 23rd, only to find out they are closed the entire week for Christmas (something they could've mentioned over the phone!).

I followed up again today, December 30, 2019, and the rep I have been working with since the purchase (Joseph Miller) acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, so I asked for a manager. He put me on hold for 15 minutes to "get a manager", then came back on the line to tell me the manager wasn't available until after the new year (how convenient), and that he now remembers my issue and will follow up with their warranty department to cover the costs of shipping the 250+lb defective transmission back to them on the East Coast.

I am without a vehicle for over a month now, incurring rental car costs during the worst time of the year for this to happen, and let me tell you, a single mom of 2 kids on a fixed income, $1, 200 for a defective part and the hassle of dealing with such dishonest and uncaring people is not how I envisioned spending my Holidays and my hard earned money.

Perhaps I am naive, but I am still hoping these people will do the right thing so that I don't have to incur more expenses and headache to take legal action!