ALLCare Dentalripoff

C

After months of searching for an affordale dental place to get dentures for my husband we finally chose Allcare Dental. At first the service was great! That is until my husband went back to get his permanent dentures, at that time he was told they are closing the Rochester (Greece) office, and in order to have the denture warranty honored we would have to travel to Buffalo or Syracuse. There is no dentist in Rochester that will honor the warranty, unless you pay a co-pay for each visit.
I have been layed off since Dec. 08, we can not afford to travel to either town for adjustments each time they are needed. Can you imagine in this economy, that they are not going to find a dentist in the Rochester area to honor the warrany on these dentures with out a co-pay each time an adjustment is made?????
I called the corporate office and was given the run around, I called the Greece office to talk to the manager, was told the district manager would be in on Thur. last week and would be given our complaint and be told to call us.
Suprise, he never called!!!
My husband and I are going to contact an attorney to see if we can start a class action lawsuit against Allcare Dental.
Anyone wishing to join us to fight this cause, please contact us via e-mail, [protected]@yahoo.com.
We as consumers are ripped off too much by corporations such as this.

SAN RN Oct 04, 2009

I had a very similar experience!! I needed to switch my dentist and Allcare was the only one in my area. I spent two hours waiting on the day of my appointment only to have painful x-rays taken, a consultation by some dentist, and a bill (for NO service)! At the time when my x-rays were taken, the tech dropped one of the bite wings in the trash by mistake. I was mortified when she reached in the trash to retrieve it and attempt to place it in my mouth. I said to her, "are you kidding, you are not about to use that in my mouth!!" After the nightmare was over I inquired about at least having my teeth cleaned, which is a service that is 100% covered by my insurance, I was told that I would need to reschedule and besides would need to pay the bill for the other services, they didn't take into consideration whether or not I agreed to it or not. If you have any smarts you will read this complaint and all the others and make an informed decision NOT TO BE RIPPED OFF BY THIS PLACE!!!

• Gh
    G Haynie Nov 26, 2009

All these complaints are so familiar. I have had a horrible experience with AllCare Dental. Work done that probably was not necessary-an incompetent dentist that did fillings - a different dentist that pulled 6 teeth who was a Butcher! An upper denture that came back from Buffalo (they advertise an On-Site State-of-the-Art Lab!) with the two front teeth over to the side, etc. etc. I was over-charged for a tooth being pulled that was not and could not get a refund. The list of complaints goes on and on - the denture has yet to be replaced, the lower partial did not fit and I cannot wear it. To make a long story short - the only smart thing I did was to pay with VISA - I filed an Affidavit for Services paid but not received and got my money back which I had paid out of my poc ket. You have 60 days to do this, so this is good to know! I will still contact my insurance company and the Better Business Bureau. I will advise my insurance company as to exactly what they should pay because I suspect Allcare wll file a fraudulant claim. I probably have grounds to file a lawsuit for pain and suffering and would be willing to be contacted and included in a class-action lawsuit. G. Haynie, TN. [protected]

coco1957 May 14, 2010

I'm on board for any class action suit against ALLCARE DENTAL
    I've been over charged and very unhappy with their service.
    I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't check them out before going to them.
    In a nut shell, my dental insurance company and myself paid out @3, 000
    for a tooth extraction.

They are the [censor] of the dental world and should be punished for it.

feel free to email me at [email protected] to discuss any legal action
    I'm up for it.

• Kt
    kthibault Jun 30, 2010

I had the same horrible experience.The people were nice in the begining.
    Until i started to come in because the dentures the made me did not fit at all. Then there attitudes changed. I was call a complainer. No one wanted to help me . The dentist who saw me told me that if i had a nail file that i should use it to make the denturs fit. I paid over 3, 000 for the worst pair of dentures iam sure. I cry every day. Iam right there with you with any law suit aganinst ALLCARE DENTAL

2yrs ago kt2000

• De
    debycrry Jan 03, 2011

Today in Rockford, Illinois the Allcare dental and dentures closed there office on us and many were financed. I was waiting for my final dentures. The tempory one were horrible and I could not wear them. After reading this I can just cry.I can not afford to get them until i get the finance straightened out.Why can't they catch and make them [pay back ?

coco1957 Jan 03, 2011

IT SEEMS Allcare HAS FINALLY CLOSED ALL THEIR DOORS. WOULD BE NICE TO JOIN A CLASS ACTION SUIT.
    I'LL BE KEEPING TABS ON THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS. It's nice to know they won't be around anymore ripping
    of hard working Americans.

CochranC Jan 04, 2011

My husband had a temporary crown put on and had an appointment for December. He was told his appointment needed to be rescheduled because the offices were all closing for the holidays. My husband was left with a temporary that fell off in within the first two weeks. They should have never put the temporary on if they were closing for two weeks. He prepaid $1, 000 which we really don't have considering we have four kids. He only went there because of the convenient hours because he works nights so later appointments were appealing. Since they closed their doors for good my husband went to a family dentist today only to hear he needed a root canal that Allcare didn't tell him. Go figure, no wonder why he was in extreme pain Christmas and New Years. Now we are out $1, 000 (that Allcare stole) now a root canal and still no crowns. They convinced him to pre-pay because he was saving money! I can't believe this company. If anyone wants to call and complain we have the office manager's cell phone in Lansing, MI. He just left a message on my husbands phone saying he was screwed as well and how do we think he feels considering he has no job. He said he was meeting with an investor to try to open the office back up and hopes to honor what everyone prepaid. [protected]. Call him and blow his phone up! I am all about a class action law suit. In fact I am contacting the MI attorney general, Michigan Dental association and an attorney tomorrow.

• Ho
    holliehansen77 Jan 04, 2011

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT ALLCARE BLOCKED MY PHONE NUMBER BECAUSE I WOULD CALL EVERYDAY OR SOMETIMES TWICE A DAY. I WENT TO THE GREENBAY, WI OFFICE NOVEMBER 11TH 2010 IN MAJOR PAIN. THE DR. SAID I NEEDED ALOT OF WORK DONE, BUT I COULD ONLY AFFORD TO GET SOME OF THE WORK DONE AT THIS TIME. I JUST WANTED TO GET RID OF THE PAIN. SO THEY SAID I NEEDED 5 TEETH PULLED, WHICH COST $795. SO I WENT TO OUR CREDIT UNION AND TOOK OUT A LOAN FOR THE MONEY AND BROUGHT ALLCARE A BANK CHECK FOR 795.00. SO I SCHEDULED AN APPOINTMENT FOR NOVEMBER 18TH, 2010. I NEEDED TO WAIT A WEEK DUE TO HAVING A HORRIBLE INFECTION ON BOTH SIDES OF MY MOUTH. WELL, I GET A CALL ON TUESDAY 2 DAYS BEFORE MY EXTRACTIONS, THEY SAID WHEN I WAS THERE LAST WEEK MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS ELEVATED, WHICH IT WAS. PROBABLY BECAUSE 1. IN EXTREME AMOUNT OF PAIN, 2. WHITE COAT SYNDROME, 3.I HATE DENTIST'S, OR MAYBE BECAUSE THEY USED A VERY SMALL BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF THAT DIDN'T EVEN FIT AROUND MY UPPER ARM SO THEY PUT IT ON MY WRIST. ACTUALLY I HAVE VERY LOW BLOOD PRESSURE, MY REGULAR FAMILY DOCTOR SAID MY PRESSURE HAS BEEN PERFECT FOR 5 YEARS OR WAS LOW. SO WHEN I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT ON 11/18/10 AT 9:00AM THEY TOOK MY BLOOD PRESSURE GO FIGURE...TOOOOOO HIGH. SO I REQUESTED MY MONEY BACK SINCE THEY WOULD NOT EXTRACT MY 5 TEETH, SINCE MY REGULAR DR. WOULD NOT PUT ME ON BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS, LIKE ALLCARE WANTED MY DR. TO DO. SO I HAVE GOT THE RUN AROUND SINCE THE END OF NOVEMBER. I CALLED THE WI DENTAL ASSOC THEY TOLD ME THAT ALLCARE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP MY MONEY FOR SERVICES NOT RENDERED. BUT WHEN I TOLD ALLCARE THAT THEY SAID WE ARE NOT KEEPING YOUR MONEY THERE ARE PROCEDURES WE NEED TO FOLLOW. I CALLED AND CALLED AND CALLED SOME MORE. I EVEN WENT AS FAR AS CALLING OUR NEWS ROOM "YOU ASK WE INVESTIGATE FROM NBC 26" BUT I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEM. I CALLED NBC 26 PROBABLY THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER 2010. I BET YOU NOW THEY ARE PROBABLY KICKING THEMSELVES IN THE REAR FOR NOT INVESTIGATING MY STORY. THEY COULD OF REVEALED PROBABLY A BIG, HUGE SCAM!!! THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO THE COMPLAINT NUMBER WAS 12/21/10 AND THEY INFORMED ME THE PEOPLE WHO PRINT AND SEND THE REFUND CHECKS WAS OUT OF THE OFFICE UNTIL 01/03/11. SO THAT'S WHY I HAD BEEN CALLING THAT DAMN COMPLAINT NUMBER ALL DAY TODAY. SO I GUESS I AM SCREWED $795.00. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE CALL ME ASAP AT [protected]. MY NAME IS HOLLIE...

Anime_Freak Jan 05, 2011

I made an appointment to get 2 teeth pulled around November 21, 2010. After the exam on the 17th I was asked to pay half in advance. which was $175. When i got home my dad said it was WAY to expensive to get 2 teeth pulled. especially since i was getting laid off. He said to call another local family dentist who could do it cheaper. So i called allcare to cancel. they said they could refund $145 keeping the $30 for the exam. Thats fine. What made me mad was a month later i got a call from allcare asking me if i was ready to reschedule my appointment. I told them no. I was supposed to have recieved my money by now. and they said they would make sure the refund went through. I check everyday to see if i got my money. Its been over a month and a half and still no money. so i tried to call them. at first it was "we're closed for the holidays" then i tried calling for the last 3 days and dad told me they probably blocked my phone # because all i was getting was a busy signal or something. My mom just called me and told me they're out of business. SO WHAT DO I DO? I'm out $145. i asked my dad if i should call the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, but he said it would take to long. that it would have to go to court or something. :(

SammieMC00 Apr 02, 2011

I had work done in May and August of 2008. Two crowns, three extractions and if i remember right 3 fillings. I cant remember the exact amount that I had financed through Care credit (Im working to find that out from them now) As well as putting claims in for the remaining amt to my insurance. The work that was done was crappy. THe doctor who did my extractions shot me three times with novicane...by the time i left the office i coudnt speak, i was scared by how numb i was. he fillings on the other hand a different dr did and he didn't numb me enough and was in pain and he didn't care when i told him. I got the crowns done and went away for the weekend with my temporay ones on and one cracked and fell off and the other was painful to chew with. Got the permenant's on but it's still difficult to chew on one side. In January of 2010 I received a acollection notice from all care for $625.20. I immediately called to see what this was about. The local office wouldnt' give me any info and told me i needed to call their national accounts office. I called and was told by the rep that they would look into it, and it was probably for a insuance claim that was denied. This was over a year later from when the work was done. She said she would call me back in a few days. No call. Next month rolled around got another notice, called again, told the same thing and that they would elevate this to the next step and have the claim resent for approval. Again told someone would call me in a few days no phone call again. Next month another notice. Called again this time the man who answered told me that "There was a major computer glitch and to just ignore the notices and that it may take a few months to get everything straightened out" Me believeing that this could happen ignored the notices i received for the next few months. I believe it was in June or July I called yet again when I got in another notice. After i explained what the last person said about the "computer glitch" she replied telling me that that person was fired and that there was no computer glitch, he just did not want to do his job! She then told me she would look into my account history elevate it to the next level and i should be receiving a phone call from her boss. Guess what! Again no call! This went on the rest of the year until in November I talked to a rep who truely sounded like she was going to help me. She gave me more specific info on contacting my insurance company and what she was going to do and to ask for her specifally when i called in with questions. I called in December when I did not receive a notice to check that it was cleared up. I asked for the last rep i talked to, the one who answered my call said she would check with her. She came back on the line and said that she assured me she was diligently working on my issue and it should be resolved within a few days. Now on March 31 I picked up my mail and found a collection notice from a collection agency that i still owed allcare the $625. I immediately called the agency to dispute the claim. She stated that I needed to talk to my insurance company and find out why the claim was denied. I called my ins. company. They stated it was denied because Allcare did not send in the necessary xrays for my work on my crowns. The insurance company also said that they only received one claim from Allcare which was in aug 2008. They never resubmitted the claim. Now i was told that a different dental office had my chart, but after contacting to the wonderful office staff here found out that they only have the dental records and nothing dealing with the financial aspects of my treatment. After explaining to them what happened they informed me that I Was most likely also over charged for the services that they said was not covered. Also this office is not certain that they have my chart because they have already come across other former allcare patients who they were supposedly to have records for but do not! So I dont know where to go from here. The collection company wants the money and said they would resubmit the claim to my insurance company. My insurance company said they time from to honor a claim is usually 12 months from time time of treatment and they would also need my xrays, and I have no clue where my xrays are! And the poor ladies who work in the dr's office that supposedly have all of the charts from the Allcare office are now dealing with the irate Allcare customers like me. Where do I go from here?