All-Pro Moving and StorageDamaged and/or stolen property

On approximately April 20, 2011, I entered into an agreement with All-Pro Moving and Storage in Manchester, NH to move myself and my possessions from Terrace Lane in Goffstown to Mountain Ash Lane in Goffstown, a distance of approximately 2 miles. I was informed by All-Pro that there was a minimum of three hours, which I agreed to and provided a credit card number to hold my reservation.

All-Pro arrived on April 23, 2011 as scheduled and began stuffing my possessions into my bureau and dresser drawers, as well as my night stands beside the bed, rather than taking the time to pack them in boxes, which was what I was paying them to do. They made no attempt to cover their work boots with any material that would've kept the house clean, tracking dirt all over the house that my mother would later have to vacuum up off the rugs and wash off the kitchen floor. They failed to acknowledge her presence in the house with a simple Hello, and made themselves feel right at home by using the bathroom without even asking permission.

I had inquired as to the removeal and disposal of a couple pieces of furniture I no longer wanted, and the driver informed me that they couldn't do that because the truck didn't have a dump sticker, but 10 minutes later, offered to remove and dispose of those pieces for an additional $50 cash above and beyond the bill. Because I would've had to rent a truck from U-Haul and remove them myself, I agreed and handed $50 to the driver, who promptly handed $25 to his assistant, and both pocketed their cash.

When the move was completed, I was handed a bill for the agreed upon three hour minimum, plus one hour for moving expenses, leaving me with a bill for 4 hours at $110 per hour, but an additional $31.00 was tacked on to the bill for a total of $471.00. All-Pro's own website fails to mention anything about any traveling expenses. I was also not informed that I would've gotten a cheaper rate by moving on a week day. As the 23rd of April was a Saturday, I waited until Monday to call All-Pro and complain. I spoke to a gentleman at All-Pro named Steve, who after speaking with the driver and owner of the company, agreed that their may have been a misunderstanding regarding the price and agreed to refund me for half an hour, which was applied to my credit card.

During this period, I discoverd that I was missing the base to a handmade ceramic lamp and two handmade afghans. The lamp was made for me by my mother back when I was in High School, and I'm 55 years old now, so that lamp would be close to 38 years old. One of the afghans was made at approximately the same time by my mother, and the other one was given to me by my mother and had been handmade by her mother, so all the items are not replaceeable.

• As
    Astha Gupta Sep 22, 2018

PATHETIC PEOPLE TO FEAL WITH. Estrimate was $420 and they charged $890!!! No clue till you load your stuff at the time unloading you get this stupid amount to pay!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Don’t use there services. JOHN AND ROB ARE STUPID PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH!!

• Lm
    LMl122 Oct 18, 2015

AllPro in NH Damaged my items, was late, and complained the whole time they moved us. 3 guys and they still did half the work of us. Oh, and I paid for them to take a lunch break. I called to complain and they did not care. Word of advice, Use Another Company even if it is more expensive. Also "Professionals Moving Professionals" there was nothing professional about any of them.