All City Management GroupAlways on hold

M

Everytime I call All City Management Group I seem to be on hold for what seems to be forever. I have been a faithful user of this company for a number of years, but I'm starting to grow impatient.

burtz May 24, 2012

It is me again - I checked FTC list of companies they are investigating and neither All City Management Group or Realty Executives Escrow are on it. "PLEASE" file a complaint so they can put these ### in jail where they belong!

burtz Feb 01, 2012

Everyone out there - please go to FTC.gov and file a complaint. I just called them about the one I filed and was told they do not respond to individual complaints but need to see a pattern. Lets make it a good one!

• Co
    CodyT Jan 31, 2012

We have a similar story - we were contacted in early October, told All City Management had a buyer for our property at 3 times what we had paid for it. We fell for it! No money up front, they said, only 8% commission after the sale. We were then contacted by Realty Execs Escrow who wanted a payment of over $2500 - and we were assured that the "Buyer" had put that money into our Escrow account already and we would be reimbursed. Then came the documents and a pay-out date of January 21/12. Right away we got another call saying that the Mexican government wouldn't let them close on the deal unless we paid taxes of 16%, plus extra closing costs. We told them to take this money from what was already in the Escrow account. They said the money had to come from our account, but the "Buyer would reimburse us". The second amount they requested was an additional $7, 000.. Now we were getting worried and decided not to go ahead with the deal. We requested our money back but were informed they still would take their 8% commission - the amount of our first payment to them. So we have just given $2500 to this Scam. We were foolish - we didn't check them out on Google before we jumped in. If we had read all of the postings, we would never have done it. Warning!! Do not deal with All City Management or Realty Executives Escrow.

• Ol
    Old Drifter Jan 26, 2012

Burtz:

Thanks for keeping the rest of us up to date.

burtz Jan 26, 2012

The local federal prosecutor's office told me to contact the FTC which I have done. I am anxious to hear from them. These people need to be stopped.

LyndaLou Jan 26, 2012

I too pulled the plug on this whole thing. "Bob" from All City Mgmt Group originally contacted me in Dec and said that they work with 10 to 12 different escrow companies, and that it was up to the buyer to choose. However, all of the blog entries keep mentioning "Realty Exec. Escrow, " which happened to be the one who contacted me. I found it fishy that no other escrow co. is ever mentioned. In what turned out to be my final conversation with "Bob, " I kept putting him on the spot asking different questions. He squirmed. When I asked about the names of these "other" escrow companies, he said, "I can't divulge that information." I said, "What could I possibly do with that information that would be detrimental?" He then said that it was "company policy" not to tell me the names. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I had called a reputable Resale Timeshare place with an A rating with the BBB as well as an accreditation. He told me that companies like ACMG give you a price 3 or 4 times higher than the value. You get hooked by the dollar signs, and then they say that the "buyer fell through." Then you are still stuck with the fees you paid up front. This guy was right on the mark with the actual value of our Great Vac. Club weeks. He guessed that we paid between $3, 500 & $4, 000. Guess what? We paid $3, 800! And Realty Exec Escrow supposedly was offering $13, 900! It was ridiculous. This gentleman even said that there is not actual buyer and that the screen they show you with the funds deposited is fake. Here's the real kicker--I called Great Vacations Club myself, and come to find out, our particular vacations weeks cannot even be SOLD, RENTED or EXCHANGED for cash! When I brought that up to "Bob, " he said "How are we supposed to know that?" I responded that he had asked for my membership ID three weeks earlier to "check out what type of timeshare we had." I told him HE should have discovered that himself and then told me we had nothing to actually sell. By this point he said, "If you're not comfortable with this contract, I suggest you don't continue." I told him that's exactly what I was going to do and that I don't know how he sleeps at night!" STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

burtz Jan 22, 2012

No I did not actually sign the contract. According to my lawyer it was definitely not written by an attorney.. He called them and they said they would not change the wording but that he and they had an understanding about the terms of the contract. and that he would include a letter with the signed contract indicating our interpretation of the terms that were questionable. That is when they started asking for money up front and we ended all communication.

LyndaLou Jan 21, 2012

This question is directed to "Burtz." Did you ever actually sign the contract and what was the consensus from your attorney that looked at the contract? I spoke with the BBB in Wisconsin yesterday, and there is an alert on the file for Realty Exec. Escrow, which says that mailed was returned from their address because there is no such street number. Supposedly "103 E. Lakeside" (which is what shows when you google their name) actually belongs to a VFW. When you go to the Yellow Pages, it lists their address as "119." But the BBB said that no such number exists and that they even checked with the police department. I called ACMG and asked the receptionist for their address. She said "119." So I called the police dept. myself. He couldn't completely verify one way or the other but said that there is a very big office complex at that number and that maybe ACMG is located inside. Who knows. I am calling the Attorney General's office in the state of Missouri tomorrow to find out the skinny on ACMG. I will post my findings.

burtz Jan 21, 2012

Request for up front money did not come until after the contract was emailed to me and an escrow account was set up in my name containing $15, 840.00. Dan McAfee told my attorney the closing agent would be able to answer questions about costs and how closing would work. Mike Reilly said he could not tell me exact amount of costs since it involved international laws and fees and even tho the buyer had deposited $1, 440.00 into my escrow account ($14, 400.00 was also deposited to cover purchase price) to cover some cost I would be required to pay some up front money also. I will be contacting federal prosecutors next week and will post results of that meeting.

LyndaLou Jan 21, 2012

I have been contacted by All City Mgmt Group regarding our Great Vacations Club package. The said they have a "secured" buyer and that an escrow company would be contacting me. The escrow company of Realty Executives Escrow contacted me finally yesterday (3 weeks later). The offer is a very good one if it is legitimate. Supposedly once there is a closing, the escrow company will mail us a cashier's check. Then, All City Mgmt Group will be paid 8% commission. No one has asked us for any money, and so far no one has been pushing us to sign anything. Has anyone else actually completed this same process and received the money? If so, did you encounter any problems? By the way, every time I have called All City MG, there has been a live person answering the phone. I checked the BBB, and both companies have a "C" rating and are not accredited by the BBB.

burtz Jan 19, 2012

They started asking for up front money. Appears to be a scam. Recent article in Belleville News Democrat on January 10, 2012 regarding a woman by the name of Jennifer Kirk being sentenced in federal court to 15 years in prison. She employed telemarketers "who falsely told timeshare owners in unsolicited calls that they had buyers for their properties". "Kirk's workers solicited closing costs of up to several thousand dollars from people across North America and Puerto Rico, and promised to refund them when the deals closed, supposedly within two to three months, the U.S. government alleged. But Kirk's companies sold few if any of the timeshares and pocketed those fees." Sounds too much like my personal story regarding unsolicited calls regarding a buyer for my access property. I am going to turn over names and phone numbers to federal prosecutors and let them sort this out.

• Ol
    Old Drifter Dec 15, 2011

I have also been contacted by All City Management. I have not signed their contract and am inclined to hold off until I see some positive results posted here.

burtz Dec 15, 2011

I recently received a contract to sign and return in exchange for selling my Premium Access Program. They tried to rush me into signing, however, I was not comfortable with the language and have an attorney reviewing it. He will be calling them today to clarify many issues he has found. Still not sure if they are legitimate buy am very wary. Will post results as I receive them.

• Km
    KMoody Dec 14, 2011

I too am curious as to whether or not they are legit or a scam.
    They have recently contacted me about buying my Timeshare.
    They are working with Realty Executives Escrow in Madison Wisconsin.
    Has anyone done a detail background check such as business & perfessional Licensing, company business credit report, references, etc...

• Tr
    TrevorMillsat Dec 06, 2011

They sold our Maui tineshare years ago.,

• Tr
    TrevorMillsat Dec 06, 2011

I think they are a great company.

burtz Dec 01, 2011

I too am curious as to whether or not they are legit. They have recently contacted me about buying my Platinum Access program.

• Gc
    gcbctc Nov 30, 2011

looking for a positive review of All Cities business. Do they really acquire unwanted time shares, without up fron monies from seller?

• Ob
    ObersTyrone Nov 28, 2011

Is there a way businesses can still use automated operators and not offend their clients?

Id like to find a happy medium for my business.

• Ki
    KidRoger Nov 27, 2011

I agree with Greg Elzinga - a maze of automated operator hell shouldnt be a clients first impression.

• Gr
    Greg-Elzinga Nov 25, 2011

It shouldnt be allowed that businesses use them as the first impression with their clients.

• Gr
    Greg-Elzinga Nov 25, 2011

It shames to say that I know the person who invented the automated operators businesses now rely so heavily on.

• Mi
    MistyEvans Nov 21, 2011

I have been trying to rid the world of automated operators businesses use.
    Please follow my blog for more info.

BuddyKarmichael Nov 21, 2011

Has anyone else experienced long hold times when trying to connect with your sales agent?

• Ky
    KyleBravo Nov 16, 2011

There should be times when a staffed person is available to talk to when calling into a business. The fact that All City Management Group uses automated operators makes me hesitant to want to call them.

• Mo
    MorrisKaiser Nov 12, 2011

I agree .. I always press 0 when i hear an automated operator come on hoping I'll get a human