Alexis Elizabeth Wigs / Glam Goddess WigsIll-Fitted Custom Wig and Horrible Customer Service

Alexis Elizabeth Wigs, Glam Goddess Wigs, Alexis Elizabeth Major

What I expect with custom wig services - Professionalism, accountability, eliability, availability, honesty, quality workmanship.

What I initially liked about Alexis Major - she seemed nice, professional, and responsive. The quality of her work was impressive from what I saw on Facebook and Youtube. I was willing to splurge on a custom wig b/c I wanted a wig that fit my head and matched my hairline exactly and Alexis promised this could be done. I told her I was not a hair person and wanted something I can put on and go with little fuss. Before receiving my disaster of a wig, I prematurely referred 3 of my friends to her (who are somewhat pleased with her work but will NEVERdo business with her again b/c of the service they received).

Problems I had with Alexis:

She advertises 7-8 weeks. Paid my deposit in March 2013, 1st wig was ready mid June. 2nd wig ready in August. Took way too long.

She is a liar and is full of excuses. To avoid meeting me to pick up my wig, on several occassions she claimed she had to drive out of town for an emergency, or she was just getting back in town, or her or a family member was sick.

She conveniently lies about not receiving emails even though she claims to be strictly an online business.

If you are having issues with her don't expect her to be responsive.

So I wouldn't make a mistake with my measurements, I had her (the expert) take my measurements in person for the wig. The end result was a wig that was too big, didn't fit, no combs, no adjustable strap, and the wrong color lace for my complexion. She spent an hour trying to fit it on my head and added about 10 bobby pins to make it fit. She advised me this is what I would have to do so it will look decent. I told her if I wanted to spend an hour fussing around with a wig and adding 10 bobby pins, I wouldn't have come to her to have a CUSTOM wig made to suit my head.

In her attempt to tweek the wig so that it would fit properly, she cut so much of the lace that it became a half wig and is no longer wearable. After consulting another wig maker, it will take $350 to repair!

She refuses to remake the wig and correct her mistake unless I make full payment prior to her starting on it, which is ridiculous.

On top of that she refuses to meet me in person to give me the 2nd wig that I ordered and insists that I make final payment first and she will mail it to me. In any other circumstance this would be ok to me, however 1. Our relationship began in person where I have met this woman a total of 4 times face to face 2. Since the first wig was done so badly, I don't trust her or her work and wanted to try the wig on and inspect it before making final payment. 3. I don't trust her to mail my wig b/c she misled my friend into believing that my friends wig was lost in the mail by USPS which after researching with USPS we discovered was a lie. And the very day my friend opened up a paypal dispute, miraculously Alexis found the wig within an hour. So I don't trust her with mailing my unit after this experience.

At this point she has my $300 deposit, and $200 worth of bulk hair and refuses to return either. I have filed disputes with Paypal and my credit card company to atleast get the deposit back since it appears she will keep the wig (with $200 worth of hair that I paid for) and sell it someone else.

I know she will read this a create another lie about me being rude and how I make her so uncomfortable. I was nothing but nice and showed the uptmost of professionalism to this woman for fear of her holding my wig/hair hostage. Considering the outcome, maybe I should have been gangster with her...I may have been more of a satisfied customer. Alexis Major is a liar and scam artist and I regret the day I happened across her services. Buyer beware!!!

Sorry for the long review but I wanted to ensure future clients have a thorough understanding of what they will potentially experience with this wig maker.

• C4
    C47 Sep 06, 2015

Sure. His name is SuperWigMaker. You can see his work on Youtube. check out the video, " Closure for Christina" to view the one he made for me. He is A-MA-ZING !!! He's based in Greece though but so worth the stamp : )

• To
    Tolliver Sep 06, 2015

I see she is back to her same antics. Pretty soon she will have no vendors to submit payments through. PayPal has cut her off and I'm sure styleseat will follow. Your name is all you have in this business and after its turned to mud you can pretty much hang it up. As she should because lacks honesty, integrity and skill.

Please share with us your wig makers info. Lets celebrate the ones that actually do it right. I'd be willing to reach out to them and give them a shot.

• C4
    C47 Sep 05, 2015

I couldn't agree more. Scariest $200 i ever wasted. Promised my 4x4 closure in two weeks. Didn't receive til almost 3 months later with very limited communication from her. Came in an unclean, matted state. Had to return. She admitted to her mistakes and tried to rectify the problem only to send me back less than what i payed for in a 3x3 unbleached, awkward looking, rush job of a closure. Counted my losses and had it done by a REAL professional. SuperWigMaker. Not only did i not have to pay him until the work was complete and i was satisfied, but he kept me updated with pictures, answered every one of my text in a timely matter, and walked me thru every step of the process. AND..i payed $80 less for a 5x5 closure! ( Not to mention he did a flawless job) Alexis seems very nice. But shes a far cry from professional' isn't very honest, and lacks any form of consistency. Just beware, Some things in life are not always as they appear.

• To
    Tolliver May 28, 2015

Alexis is a horrible "business" woman who over promises and never delivers. She claimed her turn time would be 9 weeks (which is double the industry standard) and photos and updates would be posted on her site so the client could see the progress. During this now 12 week process, I have received 1 update after I had to ask for it, and have seen absolutely no pics of the wig..and further, no wig. She should change her name to "excuses" because that is all she delivers. After demanding a refund and calling it a day, she yet again agreed to another delivery date that was not met. As it stands today, I will be filing a fraud claim with my credit card issuer as she still has not delivered my unit and refuses to willfully refund due to her inability to deliver the product. I would never under any circumstance recommend her for services nor would I ever do business with her again in the future. This woman has over $900 of my hard earned money and has never once met any commitment she put out there. NEVER. Don't be a fool as I have been. Fortunately the company I work for partners with the FBI on fraud cases relating to credit. I will be enlisting their services immediately. I will not take this lying down.

• De
    dedeflwr Feb 02, 2014

I bought a wig from Alexis Elizabeth for my daughter's sweet 16 and it was AMAZING. We were a bit last minute but as a favor she fit us in and got an amazing full lace wig to us in time for the party. We live in Fl so we were unable to meet in person for a fitting but she offered to do a live Skype tutorial session and not only taught me how to measure my daughters head but also how to sew it in without damage once the wig arrived. He packaging pulled out all the stops and the wig smelled AMAZING!!!. I would refer anyone and everyone to her as she made my 1st time wig buying experience awesome. My only issue with this company is the availability of the product as she now has a waiting list for her product due to the rise in her popularity.