Menu
CB Wedding and Party Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers Ultimate Caterer -- I thought they were great
Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers

Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers review: Ultimate Caterer -- I thought they were great

S
Author of the review
7:49 pm EST

After reading a complaint on this website, about this business, I had to share my experience with the same company, Ultimate Caterer.

I had the pleasure of attending the Asbury Park Mayor's Ball in October 2010 as a guest, and after enjoying the endless parade of culinary delights offered at the event, I just had to get the name of the caterer. I was told by one of the servers to keep one of the cocktail napkins, since the company's name is printed on them and says it all: "Ultimate Caterer." The service is based in Marlboro, NJ, and is owned by Alan Perl. It turns out their specialty is offsite events, such as the Mayor's Ball, and they transformed the Grand Arcade between the Paramount Theater and Convention Hall into a fantasy party space.

The food options were delectable. First, we had a cocktail hour with passed appetizers out on the south veranda (which is usually The Beach Bar). I am a particular fan of sushi, and the seared tuna served on cucumber rounds was an inventive presentation. While there were a number of standard offerings (coconut shrimp, spanokopita), there were also really unique creations that were huge hits, like mini monte cristo sandwiches with a maple dipping sauce! Clever!

Dinner was served at various stations around the room, and included hot pasta (with sauces that were clearly homemade), a Mexican station, and (yes!) more sushi. There was even a barbecue station. I had no idea there would be so much food at this event; glad I went with a ravenous appetite!

Desserts included hot (yes, hot!) homebaked cookies in chocolate chip, oatmeal, and white chocolate macadamia nut, passed by servers. They also passed little bites of cheesecake on a long wooden skewer (“cheesecake lollipops” is what Ultimate Caterer calls them). More like little bites of heaven on a stick. My favorite dessert item was actual miniature root beer floats, served in tiny blue cups with little bitty straws. Fun!

I think what really differentiated this caterer was the attention paid to the presentation of everything from the food stations to the lovely orchid and palm garnishes on the passed appetizer trays. By the way, these were no ordinary trays…the servers presented the appetizers and desserts in and on every conceivable type of vessel…the seared tuna, for example, was offered on what appeared to be a wooden clock face that had been salvaged from a vintage store, the beef satay arrived inside a large box that might have formerly carried an exquisite bottle of scotch, and the French onion soup “to go” was delivered on what honestly looked like a miniature surf board!

In short, I was really impressed with the food offerings provided by Ultimate Caterer, which really enhanced the Mayor's Ball. I understand they do parties of all sizes, so I wrote their number on the back of my cocktail napkin for my next party. I won't hesitate to book them, and again, I'm sorry the other person had such a hard time with them.

More Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers reviews & complaints

Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers - Service
0 comments

Learn how the rating is calculated

Write a review File a complaint

Alan Perl's Ultimate Caterers contacts