AirTran Airways / airtran cancellation charges
I fail to understand AirTran's method of "charging" the customer for a cancellation. The majority of airlines charge the "penalty" - a rebooking fee of anywhere from $75 to $100 per - at the time of rebooking, whereas AirTran wants it's money up front.
I had to cancel my husband's ticket to Florida - a ticket that was originally priced at $215.00 excluding taxes, etc. Because we hoped he'd be able to make the second leg of the trip, I originally cancelled only the outbound leg. AirTran charged $75.00 for that "change" reducing the value of the ticket price.
When it was determined that my husband would not make the second (return) leg, I called a day in advance to cancel the flight. AirTran again charged $75.00 to cancel the flight.
So, a ticket that I originally paid $255.80 for is now worth a whopping $76.40 ... AirTran has quite the scam going on!
I'm sure that airlines can set their penalties and fees however they want ... perhaps it's time forthe Government to step in to ensure that the customer is getting a fair shake in transportation!
More AirTran Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - customer service
- Southwest Airlines - baggage handling 
- Southwest Airlines - vuelo entre long island in west palm beach
- Southwest Airlines - harassment received on my facebook business page after messaging customer service
- Southwest Airlines - late night flight delay due to mechanical issues and missing flight crew 
- Southwest Airlines - boarding