Air India — flight service and cost
My family and I were unfortunate to get caught up in the Jet airways saga in April of this year, to return to our uk destination we had no choice but to book through Air india, at and extortionate cost of £5, 500 for 2 x adults and 2 x children for a one way economy flight from Goa to Heathrow.
Just after take off from Mumbai the second leg of our journey we noticed that two out of the four seats did not recline and all TV's within our row were not working, there were also additional issues with the state and cleanliness of our seating area.
I immediately complained to the steward who gave me a complaints form to complete, his response that it will be dealt with and someone will be in contact with me on my return to uk.
After waiting several weeks I administered a complaint through social media (Twitter) and since have been in contact with Manjiri Deputy Manager at Heathrow airport, the communication and resolution to my complaint has been very limited and at times non existent.
I do not profess to be a frequent flyer, however, we do have relatives in india (goa) who we frequent at least 3 times per year, the lack of information and resolution to my complaint has been shocking and unacceptable, just simply to ignore people is a bad business model to adopt for any business.
Please can you deal with this complaint as a serious issue, it has now passed 6 months without resolution.
The attached photos show the awful state of the cabin, broken USB ports, broken seats, old sweets in the seat back, broken trays, no in flight entertainment.
Gary & family
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - no response from ecommerce department for refund 
- Air India - bad service provided and did not allow to travel even 40 minutes left of departure time
- Air India - compensation for delayed flight 
- Air India - Non refund of ticket charges for the leg of journey for which the flight was cancelled by air india
- Air India - refusal of in-flight service and rude behaviour by flight attendant
- Air India - flying returns : anand p prakash : membership # 132043265