AIC AUTO SALES INC. Logo

AIC AUTO SALES INC.

Having problems with AIC AUTO SALES INC.?

AIC AUTO SALES INC. Customer Service Contacts

225A Black Rd
Quarryville, Pennsylvania

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AIC AUTO SALES INC. Customer Service. Initial AIC AUTO SALES INC. complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AIC AUTO SALES INC. above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AIC AUTO SALES INC.. Discuss the issues you have had with AIC AUTO SALES INC. and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AIC AUTO SALES INC. Complaints & Reviews

AIC Auto SalesMisrepresentation of vehicle

I had a bad experience dealing with a vehicle that I purchased from John Witmer and AIC AUTO SALES on eBay back in February 2011. He advertised a vehicle using terms such as "Pristine" and "Original paint" and "some dull spots". I bought the vehicle sight unseen based solely on this pictures and the subsequent phone calls. Seemed like an honest guy over the phone and he told me that he sold lots of very expensive Porsches.
When the vehicle arrived from the shippers, I could tell straight away that I was lied to regarding the condition. I called him straight away, and he basically told me that I should have done my due diligence and that I am stuck with it!!!
The vehicle had numerous places where rust had destroyed the finish and I had to have numerous surfaces re-chromed, repainted, etc. Worst of all, the vehicle looks like it was repainted with what appears to be a spray paint can on one side that was not disclosed in the ad! The engine had problems for which he disclosed but I also had to replace the carbs, battery, break system, lines, broken cylinder stud, and a head gasket. I paid top dollar for this vehicle and I was cheated and lied to by JOHN WITMER and I would recommend that you not deal with him on sight unseen vehicles or off eBay. I left him poor feedback and filed a complaint about the vehicles misrepresneted condition with eBay.

chemteach May 18, 2011

I have bought seven vehicles from John Witmer and AIC auto over the past ten years. My kids have bought another three cars from him. John Witmer is honest and as knowledgeable about autos as any car dealer I have ever dealt with. He has researched every car we have ever bought and has steered us away from vehicles with the potential for problems. It sounds like the reviewer from May 11, is trying to trash a respectable buisnessman for a poor decision that he made.

• Th
      The Shadow May 17, 2011

A non running motorcycle sitting for 30 years is what you bought. I've bought many sight unseen over the years but that never stopped me. They were all far from perfect and that was never an issue. You get what you pay for. IF it had been a 100 point restoration and you ended up with a pile of nuts and bolts that would be another matter. I happened to be looking at this bike myself because the H-1 is a pretty cool piece from the period but I don't do 2 stroke restorations and really didn't want to spend the energy to learn about another bike. But, had I been on the hunt it would be here now with no regrets. It's an old bike. You pay your money, you take your chances.

• Ai
      aicauto.com May 17, 2011

On January 18 2011, Rick Burke, of Victoria, Melbourne Australia, was the winning bidder of a 35-year-old motorcycle (part of my personal collection) that I had stored in the corner of my garage for 10 plus years. It was clearly advertised on e-bay as not running for many years, and had a locked-up motor.
      It was an original 3, 500 mile Kawasaki H-1 500 Triple that was fairly well preserved, as you’ll see in the pictures, but considering its obvious mechanical state, was sold as-is.

I was amazed at the money being bid for it. However, the bidders were from Europe, and in Mr. Burke’s case Australia. When you considered the exchange rate, the Europeans were bidding with a considerable dollar advantage over US buyers.

Although he never came to check out the motorcycle, he did call one time before his final bid. He told me the locked up motor was no problem, as he knew it was quite a common problem with these old two stroke engines, and, stated he had experience restoring motorcycles of this type. We also discussed the cosmetic condition, and I mentioned a few paint bubbles, that had not broken through, on the left side cover (battery cover) that were not visible in the pictures, and a spot on one of the three chrome exhaust pipes, that appeared to be a dull spot on the finish.

We then spoke for about an hour about both of our experiences with cool bikes, and cars, and the unfortunate devastating flood that had just happened around Melbourne. I liked him…he was a professional teacher, (Economics, I think) like my wife, many of my friends, and most importantly, a fellow enthusiast, who sounded like he knew what he was doing.

What could cause Rick Burke, a self-proclaimed experienced motorcycle restorer, to suddenly forget to “connect the dots” still has me in a quandary. I even found a photograph of Jay Leno sitting on the same model Kawasaki H-1 triple Rick submitted to Classic Motorcycle Mechanic magazine. Evidently, Rick took this photo during one of his many runs up the hill to the Rock Store. He claimed to be a regular there. From this it would appear that he was very knowledgeable about these bikes and would know what it would take to restore one.

The e-bay bidding concluded on January 18th, and Rick was the high bidder at $5, 200. US. He out bid several other experienced motorcycle restorers and collectors from Europe that I had also spoken with.
      He called again, to say that he had sent the down payment, but stated he was traveling back to his other home in Oxnard, California in a week, and asked if I could wait until he arrived to send the money from his California bank. I agreed, eventually the money showed up, and a few more weeks later a guy who ships motorcycles and furniture across the country showed up to pick it up one winter morning. He was an unlicensed shipper with a pickup truck and trailer.

I helped him push it 400 feet through the ice and sleet, up my driveway, and onto his trailer. He loaded it sideways tight up against other motorcycles. I commented, that he better put some padding between them, and he assured me he would. Off it went to its new home in California, or is it Australia?

Many weeks later Rick called me to say the bike had gotten there, and told me how happy he was with the well preserved condition. As a fellow enthusiast, I asked him to keep me updated on his restoration progress.

A month or so later he called after finishing his restoration, to complain about all the work it needed. I was completely puzzled that someone who projected himself as an experienced motorcycle enthusiast, let alone with his claimed mechanical repair experience, would not expect to do the very things he complained about!
      I reminded him that he knowingly purchased a motorcycle sight unseen, with a locked up engine that had not been run in over 10 years, and in as-is condition!

Furthermore, everything he was complaining about would be expected to need service or repair! Making no headway, he then directed his anger to cosmetic condition, to complain about the spot on the chrome exhaust…calling it rust! He also said the side cover with the small pimples looked like they were spray-painted!

I took a deep breath, and explained that the exhaust spot was clearly a dull spot, and not rust, and furthermore if anyone wanted that part to look new, they would need to re-chrome it anyway! As for the removable side cover (battery cover), I told him the paint on it, as on the rest of the bike, was 100% original. I was sure of that because I checked the paint thickness on every panel of that bike with my Qnix model 1500 digital paint gauge. It was all 100% original paint, period.

I suggested that maybe his shipper scratched it, and perhaps tried to hide it with touch up…. But he would not calm down, or listen to logic. That pretty much ended the conversation on my part, as by now, he was irrate, venomously rambling, declaring I lied, and stating he would get even!

He posted negative feedback on my e-bay page, and has posted this complaint on several complaint sites. All in all, a vindictive flame job!
      I just hope anyone who reads it, has enough patience to read my side of the story. I have been selling exotic automobiles for over 35 years, and value my reputation and honesty with customers above all else.

By the way, if you check the H-1 web boards, and e-bay, you’ll see several very similar bikes have since sold for $7, 000+. Not a bad return on his Aussie dollar!

Well, that’s it, I’ve told my side…if you’re ever looking for a classic Porsche, check out http://www.aicauto.com ! I always try to do the right thing, and have been for 35 years!

John Witmer