AHMSI Option OneIllegal Mortage Practices

E

My husband and I opened a loan in 2005 with Option One Mortage Corporation. My husband passed away in August of 2007 and ever since then it has been a nightmare! Option One would call over 10- 20 times a day harrassing claiming that I had missed payments. I sent numerous times copies of all the payments I had ever made via fax and USPS. They had my house in foreclosure and I disputed it. Option One failed to respond so the foreclosure was closed. Now AHMSI has the loan as they have merged. I never recieved one payment coupon from this company nor an address as to where to send my payments. My daughter had to find the address on the internet. When I called them they told me that they legally do not have to send me a payment coupon and that I should know what to do. I am on a ARM loan and they do legally have to send me a coupon. They now have me in foreclosure and refused to acknowledge my repeated letters to them. They also have over 686.76 in a suspense account which they refuse to disperse. They have reported me late to the credit bureaus which makes it impossible to refinance my home and get away from these creeps! Why are they able to get away with this? I don't understand it. They continue to prey on people and yet they are still in business! It does not make sense!

• Go
    Going through the same thing Nov 07, 2008

My husband and I are going through the same thing with this company. I didn't realize it was happening to others and I'm not sure how to stop it. I fear that things have gone to far and I was unaware that there was a bigger problem

Signed
    Going through the same thing

• Al
    alizon meikle Nov 07, 2008

i have had the same problem only when i got divorced. option one claimed that i did not send my payments and i have did. they sent me foreclosure notices and forwarded me to a collection office. i sent my payments and they would send them back furtering me in to collections. finally i made a settlement payment to clear the account, but they posted a foreclosure on my credit and i now can not refinance to pay this company off. i am in the process of dispute through the credit companies but that takes time. i am a single mother of four and recently had sirgery that put me out of work for a month. ahmsi will not deal with me and arrange lowering my interest rate which is 13.9% can you offer any solutions?
    thank you and i am sorry for your loss

• Ba
    Barbara Lundy Nov 07, 2008

I feel what they feel.They start calling before second day of month. Thy call one time as Option One then next time call Amercian Home Service. I have ask to refiance they denied, I have problem refiance becasue of what they are report to Credit Bureau.

• St
    Started out bad but ended well Nov 14, 2008

Although our case started out in a similar way to the others who have posted, we were able to negotiate a loan modification with AHMSI. We were in the mid stages of the foreclosure process, receiving the numerous phone calls, and were being approached by debt services trying to "help" us save our home. We were also facing a change to ARM which would have increased our payments by almost $500 a month. My husband worked directly with AHMSI and got a loan modification. We've pulled our home out of foreclosure and gotten a much more manageable loan. I'm not sure who people are talking to, but I say keep trying. Maybe we just got lucky, but my husband is pretty persistent and wouldn't let up. Good luck.

• Da
    Daffany Nov 19, 2008

LOL, I have to laugh at the statement that was referencing the words….good luck, because that is exactly what you will need after calling and calling and calling AHMS, Inc. AND it is ashame that we have to rely on a prayer or luck to get anything done!

Just today, November 19, I called the company regarding my November payment that I submitted which was returned due to invalid account number. After speaking with 4 different reps and going back and forward with a supervisor I was eventually informed that it was a possibility that the payment was rejected because AHMS is NO LONGER excepting payments via the ECH system which is simply going through your bank and requesting for them (your financial institution) to send the payment electronically. I was also told by the ‘supervisor’ that the consumers was not notified of the change and that it began the first of the month yet the employees at AHMS was not informed until yesterday November 18th.

• Wh
    Who Can We Got To? Nov 22, 2008

We've had the same issue. Who can we go to in order to get away from these guys and restore our credit, and get the service that is legally due us?

Who Can We Go To?

• Lu
    Lupe Nov 23, 2008

I didn't realize there was so many people having the same problem that we are having with AHMSI. Well the good thing is that they did help us to modify our loan as well and lower our payments, we were going on foreclosure too. But they have never sent us a payment book either or where to send my payment. I hope they can help you guys too. But it is difficult to work with them.

Mary Nov 24, 2008

Anyone who needs a modification call AHMSI's Jacksonville office: [protected] is the direct line. They were able to help me through a very difficult and stressful time and I was able to modify my loan. I hope they can help you as well.

• Da
    Darlene Crossman Dec 01, 2008

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!
    I have been trying since October, 2008 to reach the so called "negotiator" for my loan so we can work on a "loan modification". I have been calling and calling and as of today, 12/1/2008 I still cannot reach anyone that knows anything about my loan, modication, or negotiator. They do know I am four months behind on my mortgage and now in foreclosure. Oh really?, what a surprise! If there is anyone that can provide some guidance on what I can do I would be so very much greatful. Thank you.

• Bi
    billie hammond Dec 02, 2008

iam having the same problem with th e mortgage company i called them to ask them about my mortgage if it could be reduced because i have ahandicap son that i have to look after because i am a widow plus i just get a little social secuity and the mortgage company takes it all they act like they dont care as long as they get whatwant i think that company should really be investgated because something just isnt right about that mortgage company i lost my husband last yr 6-27 07day an d its been so hard for me and for someone not to want to help it makes it that much harder my name is billie hammond my fax no is [protected] thank you

• 5y
    5yrplan Dec 02, 2008

I was just informed that AHMSI is not a mortgage company and they don't have to play by the same rules as one. They are a servicing company for investors. I tried to get them to do a loan modification, I faxed in all of the info they wanted. Then I was told that they would raise my interest rate to 8% instead of lowering it. I am paying 7.75% now and I am struggling to make the payments. This negotiator was rude and very argumentative about my situation. I wanted to go through a loan modification company, but a lot of them are brokers and I am afraid of being ripped off. They charge anywhere from $1400 to $2500 up front to start the process of the modification. I just don' t know what to do.

• Ba
    Barry Poppey Dec 03, 2008

I became disabled4/07 and had tomove to SC from NY. I could not afford living in NY due to taxes and high heat bills along with mortgage. Since that time I have used ALLof my savings to keep current on mort. pymts. Now I'm behind 3 mos. and they are threatening foreclosure. I might add that the home is for sale or rent to cover pymts . The continuous calls I get are from India. I asked the person if they were american citisens, and they said NO. I don't feel I should be talking over my acc. with someone from another country that is not an American. I wish I coukd find someone here in USA that I could speak to. Does anyone know if ehey can help me with a US number? please e-mail me at
    [protected]@aol.com
    Any help would certainly be appreciated Barry Poppey

• De
    DEAD IN NEW YORK Dec 30, 2008

This company should remove the word american from their name. I have never delt with such a shady company in my life. I was in the process of a refi when they changed from option one. They kept $965.00 in suspense and requested payments for earlier than they were due. At this time thy have me three months behind. And $8000.00 behind on unpaid taxes by option one. A class action lawsuit is whats needed.

• Vi
    vin Jan 03, 2009

Yep people the same deal here, they went for foreclosure, jacked payments, escrow for taxes disappeared.
    repeated calls to them was a nightmare. They barely speak English and you never get the same person
    twice. These people do need investigated their practices do not seem legal or ethical.
    The major question is where or who do we go for help? Does anyone know?
    I think its going to take more than luck!

• Tg
    tgrillo Jan 04, 2009

I've been through this and they are wicked, abusive liars, as you all have recognized. However, I've negotiated a loan modification. Approached it this way: I told one of our south Asian friends that if they did not proceed with the loan modification within 14 working days, I would file for bankruptcy on the 15th. My how they scurried! You have to be willing to file, you need an attorney who will confirm that the papers are filled out and ready to file.
    Hopefully I will be able to keep payments current for a full year and get a decent, fixed rate, 15-year US bank mortgage; perhaps the new administration will provide support for people like us. I look forward to the day when I can be rid of these creatures.

• Ca
    Calvin Doss Jan 20, 2009

I have a perculiar situation that maybe someone could give me advise on. I signed a Loan modification document with AHMSI sent in the required amount of money. My loan remod date was Nov 14th 2008. Here it is Jan 20th 2009 and have yet to get theme to change the loan. I have spoken with about 10 different people or so. I have gotten there names spoken with many departments only to be told different things everytime I call. It has been expeditated many times to hear theme tell it and still nothing. I keep getting letters of Pre-forclosure. I am getting really mad. I spoke with them Today 01/20/2009 only to be told by the first person which was supposed to be a supervisor that they are not in possesion of my approved loan documents that they must have been lost. Lucky for me I kept all my records. I have my moneygram reciepts along with a paper from them saying they are in reciept of my loan modification papers. My dilema is this they said it would take about a month to redo the paperwork once it was recieved. It has been 2 months and I cannot get anywhere with them. They have my 3, 500 which I sent and my papers. What is my legal recoarse as I have many a sleepless nights dealing with this and it has really been wearing on my wife. It is a little more indepth than this . I am just giving brief desription. Anyone with similiar problems with this. please anyone

• Th
    the onez Jan 21, 2009

ok i work in the field that you guys are complaining about not that company so ill give you some general info. 1st they do not have to send a monthly statment there is no law to this they only have to send you a letter if your payment changes. 2nd most companys only do forcesed escrows is when you are seriously past due with your property taxes and in danger of loosing you home. 3rd if you have a payment changed you signed an adjustible rate its your fault for not reading over the documents, none of you are children you are buying a home and were happy someone could help you. bottom line if they are breaking the law by violating your contract then gt an attoney but be clear if you ar not making the payment you are violating that same contract they may understand that some people need help but some put this on themselfs. work with your company and understand they have a policy they have too follow when helping and cant help everyone.

• Re
    Renoite Jan 27, 2009

the onez has grammer goodly. AHMSI is terrible, but they did do a loan modification for me last April. I started the process with HOPE and a few phone calls with AHMSI ( a California area code) and ended up with a fixed 7% for five years, from a 6.5% ARM. The new rate was going to be in the mid 9% and with a $405k balance, the savings allowed us to keep the house...and watch its value drop to $300k! It would have been better for a short sale then, when the value was closer to the balance owed. Now I need a principal reduction, but have no faith that will happen. The customer service reps at AHMSI might possibly be the worst ever. They often have their information wrong and I continue to receive warnings my loan is changing, where I get to call these clowns several times for them to finally understand the new loan. I wish there was a U.S. based customer service line...the language barrier is frustrating. I have to be a rude jack-### on the phone when they look for their payment on the 2nd of the month, but it keeps them from calling from India again. I had this problem with a couple of other mortgage companies, too, but will now only do business with a company that has a local branch.

• Na
    Nate Feb 07, 2009

I AM TRIED OF THESE PEOPLE ALREADY AND CITI RESIDENTAL LENDING ARE FORWARDING MY LOAN TO "AHMSI". WE NEED SOME PEOPLE WITH MORE POWER THEN WE . SO I AM ASK YOUR FORWARD YOUR INFO TO "ANDERSON COOPER AND ALI VESHI" AT CNN.COM OF CNN TV. i have already.

LET GO GET THESE PEOPLE.

I AM MAD. THEY ARE USING OUR BAIL OUT MONEY. I HAVE WENT FROM AMC MORTGAGE AND CITI RESIDENTIAL LENDING NOW TO AMSHI IN 15 MONTHS.

• Sc
    SCOTT Feb 13, 2009

I BEEN FIGHTING WITH AHMSI SENCE LAST AUG DUE TO THEM HAVING MYSELF AND MY WIFE PAY OVER 2 TIMES WHAT THE TAX'S ARE AND HAVE NOT FIXED IT YET INTURN ARE PAYMEANT HAS GONE UP ALMOST 400 THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO COVER

• Ju
    Judy Feb 14, 2009

I am shocked to find out that AHMSI has been doing what they just did to me to other people. I have been making payments for my home loan thru them the last 3 years, paying it online. They have just returned my January payment to my bank and when I called them, I went form one phone associate to another and no one was able to help me. I wanted to find out why they returned my payment and where can I send it. I will have a record of late payment for my house because of them. Is there anybody out there who can help so I can file a complaint about them and what they are doing.

• Dr
    Drowning1 Feb 19, 2009

No we are not children! Rarely does the fine print in any legal documents translate into what ways a company can bulley you. No they are not "obligated" to help us but it is an arrogant attitude and lack of interest in helping us that burns me up coming from an industry that received billions because they weren't so hot at managing their finanaces either. I am not asking for a handout I want to pay them the money I borrowed from them. I was forced into an ARM and they have made plenty of money from me over the years (mostly as Option One). I used to think OOMC was bad. I would love to be dealing with them over AHMSI anyday! I don't know what the answer is but there has got to be one. I find it hard to beleive a company can operate like this one without any repercussions! Hang in there everyone. I will keep checking here for answers. Everyone try to update us on the best way to handle these guys!

• Wa
    wayneman369 Feb 19, 2009

Man!!! I am so glad to be here and see I'm not the only one... I have been fighting these idiots for over a year now. I had Wells Fargo, which turned into Option One, which is now AHMSI. What a nightmare it is to speak with them. I can't understand their hard Indian accents.
    I refinanced in 2004 with a low adjustable rate. In less than a year of making timely payments, out of nowhere my interest rate ballooned to 13.625% !!! A monthly increase of over $800.00... I was on the phone weekly- practically begging them to help me, because i knew I was inevitably going to get in trouble with a payment so high. (I do construction, and the winter months are very slow)
    After ten months of struggling with the monthly payment,
    they agreed to refinance. I was thrilled, as the interest rate they offered was affordable. I went through the refinancing process and then, near the end, I paid $450.00 for appraisal fees. The loan officer assured me the loan was "good to go", and the application was handed over to their attorney's office for the final step of closing out the loan.
    Well, after not getting any contact for several weeks, I decided to see what was taking so long. I called the lawyers office with the number my loan officer provided me. The receptionist was shocked to learn that no one informed me at Option One that my loan was CANCELED. Well I was shocked too...and devastated... They gave some lame excuse about my income. ( I'm self employed and I've lived in this house since 1995. )
    So, as predicted, I missed a few payments and they tossed me into foreclosure at warp speed. After a few months, I received a new plan to repay all the money that I owe which would take 3 years at 5% interest over top of the 13.625% they already reamed me for. What a joke!!
    Lets hope and pray this new plan helps US and not the crooks!
    AHMSI is a predatory lender and should be punished for their actions as they were in Massachusetts in contributing to this mess we are in today. It is their fault millions of Americans, such as I, Have defaulted on our loans. I will continue to fight to get a decent mortgage !!!
    Good luck to us all!!!

• Bo
    B. Obama Feb 24, 2009

I got an idea, how about just paying your mortgage on time? How about taking responsibilty for yourself? Why does everyone think they are entitled to something they cant afford? Everyone crying about loan mods and principal reductions- It s like the bank calling to let ya know they want to raiseyour interest rate or the balance of your loan cause your property values have increased !! How does that sound to everyone?? A home is an investment, thats it. No one ever promised that the market was always gonna be there, or that you would have a job... sometimes ya win, and sometimes you loose.

• Br
    bryan Feb 26, 2009

I TOO am having a nightmare of a time. I keep sending them cashier's checks and they send them back! I'm just tying to pay my mortgage and the customer service is horrendous! They tell me yes, no, maybe, too late... its like talking to toddlers.

• Or
    OriginalAmerican Mar 02, 2009

We were told to stop making the payment by ahmsi, that is the only way they would help us, so we finally did, now they wont help us because we stopped making the payment, and get this!! they are so STUPID they dont even know what a BPO is!!! OMG!!! how can they be doing any kind of business with home owners and not know what a BPO is, we finally gave up after 3 negotaiters tried to help us, these idiots are a freekin joke, and our gov. doesnt care either, people ther really is no hope anymore, nobody really cares if we loose our homes, its a big fasaude!!!i bought this home in forclosure 11 years ago, my home is only worth 50, 00 more now, i have receipts up to 275, 000 ive put into it, besides what we paid for it, its our first home, and the foreignors are going to get all this for nothing!!america is making me sick, this isnt america anymore folks, its something else!!we the people certainly dont count at all, unless somehow your giving the government your hard earned money for some bullcrap, and the aliens get all our homes and our paychecks, notice that lately, how its really all going, and obama isnt doing a thing about is either, i have 5 years to retirement, my gosh, this is really something, before you know it, they will be rounding us all up, like hitler did!! wake up america, when your u.s.a citizens are being literally ripped off by some bank or whatever ahmsi really is, anyway, ripped off and our gov. is ok with that, ahmsi should be shut down, and kicked to the curb, these people laugh at you, they are rude, they even said they dont have to participate in the h4h program or any others here in america, so why are they here and how did they end up with our loans, i didnt pick them to take care of my loan!!they are liars and robbers and ignorant 2nd world slack ###, and our gov. is allowing it to happen, .and our gov. will give them bailout money, pakistan is sho they are, do u thinlk we the people could get any bailout money, and the gov.doesnt understand why everyone is loosing their homes, why there are so many forclosures, all that bailout money, the banks are lining their pockets with our bailout money, our gov. cant see that or doesnt want tosee that homes and people arent being saved, yetr our gov. keeps acting like they do care, here it sits in front of their faces and they choose to let us be raped by a foreign country!! ill NEVER buy another home in america, icould NEVER in a million years trust this gov.NOBODY CARES, OPEN YOUR EYES, ARE GOV. DONT CARE ABOUT US THE PEOPLE!ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS PEOPLE!!

• Ca
    CAC Mar 13, 2009

My daughter and I also had a mortgage with Option One, and they sold it to American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc. We've had nothing but problems with this company. Option One sent a letter saying they were selling to this company and we never did get a letter from this company about anything on the payments or fees they charge. They use to send paper statements, but finding it easier to pay online when you are past the date was easier to send. I contacted them to have these paper statements, and they won't even correspond back. I called once and waited and waited. Nothing. These 2 compainies have to be the worse companies. I had a feeling all along these 2 companies were involved together. They are what I call unscrupulous. They rip off people. I have read only bad things about them both. I think the government should be directly involved in this issue. Too many homes are lost. There's link that may help some. FinancialStabiliy.com you can check that out. Best of luck.

• Po
    Poe Mar 14, 2009

We went thru the same thing. Just today I paid my house payment on line and then they add 251.00 dollars for late payments automatic and now I will be screwed even more. Wonder if we can turn them into the better business bureau...

• La
    Laura Mar 16, 2009

Some information for AHMSI customers, when you reach a customer service person with an accent, simply ask for a person in the US and they will transfer you, no questions asked, to someone in Texas. I have been dealing with them for about 3 months and their attitude across the board seems to be getting better. Remember that personalities are different. If someone is rude, call back and talk to someone else.

• Ka
    kathryn gates Mar 26, 2009

My daughters house was in foreclosure with citiresidential and then was sold to ahmsi . We had been working with citiresidential along with neighborhood housing, which is a hud agency and was supposed to help but we never got any help from them .The loan went to ahmsi on 2/11/09.She had gotten a letter from citiresidential saying ahmsi would contact her. they never contacted her and then I was told by a coworker 2/26/09 her house was in the paper for a sheriff sale on 3/26/09 .She never received anything from ahmsi . So we started calling them and then the hell started .Same as all these other people we were calling 2& 3 times a day, getting different people all telling us something different .Everytime she called I was on the phone with her. We asked them to send a forebearance agreement .They said it would be ready 3/05/09 and they would fax it to my work .we kept calling and they said they had not got figures from the attornies but we should send 6000 dollars before 5 oclock on 3/05/09 without an agreement. We said no way .We called on 03/06/09 about 1:00pm est to see if the agreement was ready and they said no and we needed to call back on Monday 03/09/09.When we called 03/09/09 they said they had faxed the agreement on 03/06/09 and it had to be signed and sent in by 03/06/09 by 5:00 pm est. so they had faxed the papers at 9:28 am according to my fax server and that was before we talked to them on 03/06/09 .they had already faxed the papers at 9:28 but when we talked to them at 1:00 pm they told us they were not readybut in reality had already been faxed . I was not at work on 03/06/09 and had no reason to believe they sent them since they told us they were not ready yet. the forebearance agreement which was not anygood on 03/09/06 had the reinstatement figures on it which stated it was good until 03/13/09 .Instead of ageeing to the forebearance because it was too late and the payments were too high we called again and said we would pay the reinstatement and were advised to get a cashiers check and send overnight .I got the cashiers check on 3/11/09 and sent it ups overnight.It was received and signed for on 03/12/09 which was a day before 03/13/09 when the reinstatement was good to. We kept calling and giving them the tracking number and telling them it was signed for on 03/12/09.It was finally posted on 03/18/09 with a late fee for March because it didnot post until 03/18/09 even though it was there on 03/12/09 so we called and they said they would take the late fee off. when the money posted on 03/18/09 they then told us the fee was now 12, 368.00 instead of the amount they put on the agreement. this was approximately 1500.00 moreWe told them we had clearly paid the amount on the agreement a day before it expired.We kept calling to see if they had notified the sheriff that the loan had been reinstated because the sale was 03/26/09.and they told us yes and we would call the court and they told us they had not heard anything.Finally 1 day before the sale we were advised by the court to call the sheriffs and it had been withdrawn from the sale . with all the horror stories i have read on here I now wonder what is next .I had to lend my daughter the majority of the money to get caught up and that is why i have lived this nightmare with her.I hope and pray this is all behind us.Like most of the people on this sit I could not believe a mortgage company could do business like this and it be legal;

Sahron K Apr 12, 2009

CAn someone pleasechime in about my situation. In September, we asked for a modification and what we ended up with was a plan to start at %5 interest for the 1st year, then 6% for the second year, 7% for the third and then fixed at %7.25. At the time, it was the only modification option that was offered from the negotiator and we took it, thinking that a fixed %7.25 was better that ARM adjustments the following year. Unfortunately, the three months of no payments during the modification process were tacked on to the end of the loan, so our NEW payemtn was $7.00 more that when we started.
    Fast forward to Febuary, I lose my job due to work force reduction, husband gets hours cut, and we have lost a significant portion of our income. I found a new job after only three weeks, but at reduced hours and rate. Called AHMSI to ask for modification and they inform me, for the first time ever...you can only do a loan mod once a year. This was not discussed during the previous mod, in fact, the negotiator said we could try again in a few months and see if AHMSI had other modification optios available, other that the one we received.
    We are headed towards forclosure, rude reps just demand the money, the company we paid to assist us in getting the new mod is getting nowhere...and I am at my wits end.
    We can make the payments because we are both working, but a modification is necessary...anyadvice?
    (and no, i am not asking for handouts, bailouts, or a freebie. We did this, we will do our best to honor the obligation...for those of you self-rightous enough to judge those of us looking for assistance)

• Pe
    Peter Apr 22, 2009

This company is as crooked as a slinky. We have a modification agreement but they keep calling for more money, and will not send any information as to why, or how they came up with these numbers. It's the same thing, all the time, send more money.
    They will not provide anything in writing, but I have all I need, which is the legal document. Option One was bad, but AHMSI is the worst and should be put under a microscope and closed, absorbing all the debt for punitive damages to the people that are only trying to pay a mortgage.
    No one ever knows anything about anything regarding your payments, etc. They will call weeks after payment is due, AND BEEN PAID AND THE"Y CASHED
    THE CHECK, and want money because you owe it. Today they had a new figure, which was different from 2 weeks ago, 3 times more, different.
    I am suing them for harrassment, and I have the proof. We are not only protected by Federal laws, there are state laws they keeping breaking and it is time to stop them.

• Lo
    look Apr 26, 2009

i am having the same problem WE NEED TO STOP THESE ### BAGS AND STOP STEALING I HAVE WRITTEN EVERY POLITICIAN ABOUT THESE SO CALLED BUSINESS . THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT GOING ON, ALL I KNOW IS THAT THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED NOW, THERE IS NO MORE TIME TO WAIT, THEY ARE BRINGING DOWN FAMILY JUST LIKE BUGS WE ALL NEED TO PULL TOGETHER AND FIGHT THIS, YOU THE INVESTORS IN THAT ### HOLE SHOULD ALL BE PULLED OUT BY THERE BALLS AND SHOT. SLIME BAG LET ME KNOW HOW IT IS IN HELL HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

• Ve
    veronica smith Apr 28, 2009

i am an exemployee of ahmsi and i am totally in agreed to this compliants. All these problem are coming out because of work given to unethical and incompitent vendors in India. The directors of AHMSI dnt chk what kind of employees these vendors hire and jsut give the work and the result is horrifying for the customers. This problem can only be erradicated whn the direcotrs of AHMSI take serious action against those vendors sites in India

mad at AHMSI Apr 30, 2009

I am in the same predicament these practices must stop. Anyone with the kind of Gall to call themselves AMERICAN and then hand over such personal and private matters such as mortgages to a foreign country, need to be dealt with. They call me everyday sometimes 2 and 3 times. I am at wits end and also in danger of forecloser. Iam not in arrears by no means and am sick and tired of the haarassment dealt to me by these people. How can we put a stop to it. If i tried something like this i would end up in jail. I have lived in my home for 22years and never been treated like this before AMHSI

• Ho
    hope May 07, 2009

My God it just turns my stomach to read all these postings. I feel for anyone who has to be at the mercy of these vultures as we do.
    Every since my husband decided to go thru Option One in 2004 it has been a non stop nightmare. Our payments have doubled in that time going from 750 to 1313 at the beginning of this year. Its gradually worked its way up to that ridiculous amount because of the dreaded arm for the most part. The last increase of almost 300 was because of a shortage in our escrow account. The shortage happened because someone in their escrow dept doesnt know that there is TWO installments for property taxes a year. DUHH.

• Di
    Disgusted May 08, 2009

I suffered through trying to get a loan modification from AHMSI beginning in October 0f 2008. I have a reverse mortgage which they should have never given me as they processed my loan with Stated Income and I will never be able to afford this loan when it adjusts in 2010. My mortgage has gone up over 125K more than what I bought the house for and of course with this market my home is worth 250K less than what I owe.
    I spent numerous hours on the phone trying to get to Home Retention to find out what papers I needed to send and how I submit a request for a loan modification. I finally got someone in India who rudely told me what to do. I followed his instructions and faxed my documents. For a month I waited and never heard from anyone. I refaxed my documents 3 more times over the next 2 months and never heard anything.
    I just received a letter last week that said they were denying my request because they couldn't contact me. Yet they call me constantly over one late fee I refuse to pay as I mailed my payment to them 10 days before it was due and they didn't cash my check until the 17th of the month and charged me a late fee.
    I now mail my payments certified, return receipt requested.
    I am so disgusted with this loan company, they absolutely refuse to treat their customers with any dignity or respect when your trying to do the right thing and not lose your home.
    If anyone files a class action I am joining the suit.

• Yo
    Youwish May 08, 2009

Tips on how to sucessfully negotiate a modification:

1. Call customer service and ask for someone who speaks English. Everyone who is an ENGLISH speaking American who works at AHMSI probably feels the same way you do about this. Don't stop asking until you get one. Also if you speak SPANISH and live in AMERICA and signed a document in ENGLISH, get your own damn translator.

2. When you are asked to submit documents -- submit them all at once and completely. Two (2) current paystubs for you and your spouse (if you have one.) Two current bank statements -- remember to copy front and back. Two years of taxes -- 2007 & 2008. And a hardship letter with a real hardship.

They key words above are CURRENT AND COMPLETE AND REAL.

If you have not filed for your 2008 Taxes, send 2006 & 2007 and W2s for 2008. If you send some stupid form that says you are about to file or requesting copies -- you just got denied. Negotiators have a short window to work with CURRENT DATA PER INVESTOR STANDARDS. Do not ask for a loan modification until you can comply with the paperwork.

Also, your hardship needs to be real --- lost job, unemployment, surgery, death, disability with SSI income, etc. Don't whine about your original mortgage note -- that's your problem and does not figure into the modification process so do yourself a favor and keep those comments to yourself. You are not going to win any friends by complaining about it. IF YOU ARE IN AN ARM LOAN YOU SIGNED THE MORTGAGE NOTE AND THE TRUTH IN LENDING AGREEMENT DEAL WITH IT -- IT'S NOT A HARDSHIP PER INVESTOR STANDARDS. Sounds harsh, I know -- but honestly it's an old story told one too many times. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE - MEANING THE POTENTIAL FOR YOUR MODIFICATION. Don't waste the negotiators time with that "I didn't know or I got lied to story" even if it is the truth -- there is nothing the negotiator can do about it and quite frankly I'm sure they are all sick of hearing it. But if you insist, go ahead and get DENIED.

Also, if you have your own business or side business -- don't wait to be asked -- send in a simple Profit & Loss Statement for the last 6 months. You can hand write it. Take your gross income for the last 6 months, minus your ACTUAL business expenses, and reflect your net profit.

Don't wait to be asked -- SEND IN A MONTHLY LIST OF AVERAGED EXPENSES -- Auto Insurance; Utilities (Electric + Gas + Water + Sewer); Transportation & Gas; Home Phone; Cell Phone; Cable/Internet; Child Support; Child Day Care; Monthly Prescriptions; Food; etc. The basics. Your credit report will be pulled to see how much you are paying out each month so don't even try to lie. Write this all down and send it in. If you tell it to the guy who probably was working a slurpee machine last month it will get lost in translation.

Also, if someone lives in your house and contributes to the household income, have that somone write a letter stating the amount they contribute each month to you. Have that someone sign the letter and get it notarized. Keep it simple.

AGAIN SEND THE COMPLETE PACKAGE ALL AT ONCE -- TAKE THE DAY OFF WORK -- DO WHAT IS NECESSARY -- IF YOU DON'T, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL BE DENIED BECAUSE NEGOTIATORS CANNOT SIT AROUND WAITING FOR YOU TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Once submitted and your negotiator is finally assigned -- they will call you. The process does not take 14 days -- it takes 30-60 days. Be ready. If the negotiator asks you for further documentation -- DON'T ARGUE-- instead, ask for their direct fax number and send it to them immediately. DON'T ### ABOUT YOUR ESCROW -- IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE. If you are not escrowed and have not paid your taxes - YOU WILL BE FORCED PLACED. Whether you like it or not your investor has the right to pay your taxes and insurance to PROTECT THEIR PROPERTY. It's not yours yet, you haven't paid for it. Also don't call your negotiator every day, you will only piss them off they are dealing with hundreds of people. BE PATIENT AND WAIT, THEY WILL CALL YOU IF THE NEED ANYTHING OR IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO TELL YOU.

Also, remember YOU ARE THE ONE ASKING so make YOURSELF available to all phone calls. You are not important and you are not entitled. Get that attitue and get DENIED.

Once the offer is made it is your choice whether or not you sign the documents when they reach you. If you don't accept them you are DENIED and get to start the process all over and just get the same deal all over again if the investor bothers to continue to ALLOW modifications.. Send the documents back in by the deadline or you will be DENIED and get to start the whole process over again.

You may not like what I have said, but I am in the business so I know what I'm talking about. DO NOT HIRE SOMONE TO NEGOTIATE FOR YOU they will get the same deal you could make yourself. Not only that but if you can pay someone to negotiate for you, you've started off on the wrong foot because -- if you can pay someone that kind of money YOU CAN PAY YOUR MORTGAGE -- THAT IS THE WORKING THEORY IN THE INDUSTRY. These companies are ripping you off --- they do not return negotiator phone calls and they do not comply quickly enough -- meanwhile they TOTALLY LIE TO YOU so they can bill you or pro-rate the money you have plunked down for NOTHING and blame it on the negotiator.

REMEMBER YOU ARE THE ONE ASKING -- YOU DO THE WORK AND YOUR DEAL WILL GO MORE QUICKLY.

• Yo
    yomar May 23, 2009

I was recently denied a loan modification because it was deemed I could afford it. What does not make sense to me is that they require the payments be current before you can ask for modification. So it sounds like your damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you wait until you are a risk then it's probably too late. My advise is list all your payment like "Youwish" posted but do not let them know that anyone lives with you or helps you out, because then it looks like to them that you can afford it because you have help. My loan is an ARM that Americredit sold to CitiResidental and now AHMSI. I just received a delinquent tax notice. I called and was told my taxes were paid out of my escrow on 12/29/2008. I will now follow closely due to the horror stories I just read. I am just waiting patiently for my FICO to go up enough to get my house refinanced with a reputable company. I too, had to call about how to make my payments. They sent a letter way after the payment was due. If it weren't for the letter I kept from CitiResidental I would not have known who to make the payment to. Luckily I live in Texas and only a few miles away from their Irving office. After talking to some "outsourced" employees, I finally found someone who spoke English and actually understood me. Now I realize I am treading in dangerous waters with this company. And by the way, I do pay my bills on time including my mortgage, so if I have troubles and have no reason to be having them, then something is seriously wrong. (addressed to the lame brain that thinks it's because we don't want to pay our bills on time)

• Hi
    Hilary May 28, 2009

This company has been a nightmare for my husband and I since our house burnt down. The insurance company issued a check to them to payoff the mortgage and because they did not endorse the check it was returned to them. In the mean time they lost a 97, 810.16 check and have called us every night for payments.
    The insurance company issued them a new check and we had to come up with extra payments and late fees because of the morgage companie's supidity. Now we have to fight to get our money and our credit back.