AHMSI - MortgageHorrible Company

T

This company is horrible! It is ultimately owned by WL Ross & Co. LLC Their call center is clearly housed in some hovel in India. No one speaks English! They provide absolutely no service. When you ask to speak with someone about the terms of your mortgage you are told, "You must find a local lender to help you. We are here to collect your money." I am angry that my mortgage was sold to a company without my knowledge or approval. Option One (AKA H&R Block) basically threw me to the wolves when they sold my mortgage. I was not given an opportunity to find a replacement mortgage company after Option One went "belly up". I hope and pray that the current "mortgage meltdown" completely decimates any profitability for AHMSI, its CEO, and their board of directors. A pox on all of them!

• St
    stopAHMSI Oct 08, 2011

You GO GIRL!!!
    They are the ANTi Christ.
    You are absolutely RIGHT!!!
    They are BEHOND HORRIBLE !!!
    Its owner and CEOs are only there for $$$$ and don't care if they bleed you and anybody else to death for a few cents.
    They break laws left and right, Don't let them get you!
    Good luck!!

• Na
    NatalieDee Oct 05, 2011

Why is it the company's fault that most of you complainers signed for an adjustable rate mortgage, and then act shocked when these mortgage companies are doing what is well within their right to do - that is, raising your interest rate? Did you really think that you'd be able to own a home so far out of your price point that they only way you could afford it was to sign up with an ARM note? Were you really that stupid? Apparently, most of this country is.

And the mortgage company that owned your original mortgage does not have to consult with you before selling it in a portfolio to another company. That is the way it works. If you're so uneducated on this process, you do not have any business owning a home.

• Ms
    ms. n a williams Jul 19, 2011

I have been paying them way over the amount of my mortgage every month, however, they are still calling me telling me the account is in arrears. My amount was 1300 plus, I was sending 1900 and they did not apply the amount as asked. I am so fed up with this company. I sent in two payment one month they would not apply it to the next months bill and I requested it and they still charged me interest and late fees. I did it again this month but I written a letter to go with it. I want them to check my account and place all those 50o. over payments to all this interest they are charging me. They were to have taken over the account from some other ripping off company and they are doing the same thing. Somebody needs to do something about this. I h ave gotten a lawyer to handle this situation.

• Pe
    pegleg Feb 10, 2011

I went through so much with this company that stress sent me in the hospital. They have really screwed me!! I paid on a home service plan for over a year. The payment was included in my mortgage payment, but the home service company never received any money. AHM cannot tell me to this day what happen to the payment. I had no escrow account. They are really a bunch of crooks.

• Gu
    Guy S. Feb 09, 2011

Does anyone know of a class action suit towards AHMSI? I want to join!

• La

*Overnight Delivery or Express Mail Addresses
    1525 S. Beltline Rd
    Coppell, TX 75019

Maubie2 Nov 07, 2010

My husband and I have twice tried to get a loan modification loan or "loan retention" for almost 2 years! Each time I've provided the requested paperwork they send us a letter asking for the same thing! And when I contact them I get a different person each time. Someone from India and then a black woman who argued me down about the paperwork and when they were going to get their mortgage payment! We didn't know they were a collection debt company. Being from California and a state employee there are 3 day a month furloughs. I've tried to explain it and had documentation to back it up! They want us to get tired and frustrated so we'd give in and keep making payments that have created a worse financial hardship than we've ever had. Please help us! I want to contact someone or organization that I can make a complaint to ASAP! I should have caught on that they are crooks when they kept requesting the same documents thus delaying our chances of getting the loan retention loan we've applied for.

• Kc
    kchris Aug 09, 2010

Shamshad Bano

THIS IS A 'COMPLAINT BOARD' IDIOT. WHY DON'T YOU GO SUCK A FAT ONE. TRY GOOGLING "AHMSI WE LOVE YOU" AND SIGN UP THERE. OTHERWISE, KEEP YOUR FOOLISH COMMENTS TO YOUR FOOLISH SELF.

SINCERELY
    EVERYONE ELSE!!!

• 91
    9114charley Jul 13, 2010

Did Not choose this Company! Am paying 10.375% on a 96, 000 loan.My home is worth 200, 000.They will not modify.After waiting 7 months for an answer & faxing over 150 pages of info to them, they sent me a letter stating that it was in their investers best interest to go ahead & sell my property.They cannot do that unless I default.Which I will not do.If there is a class action suit to get in on ...I would gladly join in.I have been treated very badly by this company.I really struggle coming up with a $1, 200 payment every month, being a self-employed single mother.Please tell me there is hope out there.I bought this home as my forever home.I love it.Good neighborhood.Cute house.I wanted to live here for the rest of my life.Being bought by this company made this dream a living nightmare.

• Kc
    kchris Jun 30, 2010

We're experiencing problems and threats of foreclosure due to their escrow scam. We've retained an attorney here in Texas that has taken our case on a contingency basis. If interested contact me via e-mail @ [email protected] Hopefully we can exchange some info, go after these [censor] and send them into bankrupcy.

Sincerely
    kc

• Me
    Melissa H. Jun 16, 2010

Yes, this company sucks. We own our own business and I am constantly chasing down money owed to us. When AHMSI calls us three times a day after the 1st of every month when our payment has not been made, I told my husband to tell them that if they want to call the people who owe me money directly I will give them the phone numbers and they can get to work on it as they are super good at harrassing us. They did not find it as funny as I did. I simply get sick of answering the same questions over and over again... "Why have you not made your payment this month?"- "Because I have no money", "Because the economy sucks", "Because people owe me money and are not paying me!!!" I want to start giving them new answers... "Well, I had the money, but I felt like blowing it in Vegas", "I am actually a millionaire, but I just enjoy speaking with other nationalities", "Just wanted to touch base and see what was going on in India yesterday, today and tomorrow..." I am going to start the process for the Obama plan help that is available and see what comes of it. I am dreading filling out all the paperwork, but hopefully it will be worth it.

• Hs
    hsf May 14, 2010

How can I make a formal complaint against this company?! AHMSI took my mortgage after it was closed and will not give me my money back. I've spent over 3 hours on the phone and have not recieve the same answer twice. Deeply frusterated!

• Th
    Theodore Cassidy Mar 30, 2010

It would seem to me that some department of our government could step in and straighten this company out. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one getting screwed by these people.
    This is a terrible and ruthless company to try to do business with.
    I wish someone would start a class action against them. I will be the first to sign up.
    I am on a very limited fixed income, and they knew that when they gave me the loan.

• Pe
    pegleg Feb 26, 2010

Oh my God! I am so glad to have come across this website. I have been so stressed out with American Home Mortgage. When I found out I was speaking to someone in India I almost lost it. After 12months of trying to have my home refinance for a mix rate mortgage I have gotten 6 statements between October 2009 and January 2010 and they all had a different amount. My first payment was all applied to interest and they took 2 months to correct it and then charged me an out rageous late charge and the payment was made a month in advance. I have talked with at least 25 different people and they all have different answers to the same question.This is the worst of worst companies I have dwelt with. I did not ask for this company and I wantt out from them. I am very glad to know it's not me.If anyone have gotten out from under this company please share. No one should have to put up with this kind of treatment. I advise anyone that is buying or refinancing a home, please do not get American Home Mortgage, it is best to rent. Please don't use this company.
    Peggy from Charlotte NC

Tandee Feb 11, 2010

In response to the gentleman who continually got calls about a late payment starting the a couple of days after the 1st, I, too, had the same problem. I complained to the State number and was told via phone that the only future contact would be via letter so that I did not have to deal with people I could not understand. So far, this has worked out. AND, I agree; one has until the 15th to pay without being harrassed. Keeping a roof over our heads is my foremost important payment to make. It is always made prior to the 15th. I am so sick of this company. Again the local # as of [protected] is [protected]. That is Irving Texas and I had to call the RL Ross number to get this number.

Tandee Feb 11, 2010

[protected] In order to obtain a number to reach an actual voice, I had to call WL Ross. The number in the states is [protected]. Two hours, I had spent trying to get through on the numerous telephone numbers I had in other communications. Then, after I got unlocked from my on-line banking, I asked if my HAMP (housing stimulus pkg) had been rec'd.? I was told it had been given to Denise Davis and they would tranfer me to her dept. Lo and behold, am I NOT transferred to the foreign fools asking if I am making my payment? Oh, and by the way, the foreigners don't even have the correct amount. On top of insult to injury it cost me $5.95 to do their work for them by paying on-line. I beleive the next time I will spend $.46 on a stamp and send it by snail mail. What a wonderful place in which to do business. NOT!!!

Tandee Feb 11, 2010

I have been trying to call every number that AHMSI has on any particular mailing I have had from them, to no avail. The automated answering service tells one to put in the primary person's social security #, 10 digit phone #, acct. #, etc. When one does this, the dial tone is not recognized and you cannot get through to anyone, be it the States or India. Every time I try to pay my bill on line, I get "locked out" of the program and of course, cannot reach anyone to fix the problem. This, by far, has to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of incurring any type of communication.

Additionally, the last time I had the opportunity to talk to a person from the States, I informed them that I did not wish to speak with any foreign reps. as I cannot understand them. Furthermore, they are rude and DO sound like they are reading from rote. The person from CA gave me a State side number to call. Now, I cannot get through to them, either.

I DID receive HAMP information and applications for the housing stimulus program that assists people from losing their homes to foreclosure. I was in no danger of foreclosure, so why wasn't this information sent out to people automatically?

Today, I wanted to assure that the HAMP information was received and guess what? STILL UNABLE TO REACH ANYONE.

• Co
    common_cents1 Feb 09, 2010

Horrible is when you are in the street homeless. It is so easy to place blame on others instead of looking in the mirror and saying look at what "I" did. Now that we see the problem step from the past and look to the future.
    step 1. If you need help ask (pride is not your friend)
    step 2. You catch more bees with honey (so be nice)
    step 3. There are no hand outs in life so if you want to save your home you have to give it 100%
    I hope this helps. Good luck to all.

• Sp
    SPOILEDBRATT47 Feb 07, 2010

ive been modifying for 8 months, nov they tell me( after trying to get medeator on phone for months) i have new medeator, new med. tells me all is good, papers from underwriters will come in mail end of january. YEAH they came DENIAL. i called of course cant get medeator.person on phone said our debt to ratio was less than 35%. bull!!! when they were talking me into their modification, i was told my income was1050. amonth from work. isent them two check stubs(2 weeks) that totaled almost 2000.00 (IN HALF A MONTH NOT TO MENTION WHAT MY HUSBAND MADE) When you try to contact your mediator to correct this, impossible. his line is void but they can email him, fail there also. he still does not respond. THIS COMPANY DOESNT KNOW WHO IS WIPEING WHOS ###

• Au
    aurorasteamed Feb 05, 2010

I have a credit rating of over 800, always (with over 30 years paying mortgages) have paid between the 1st and 15th of the month and consider myself to be a wonderful customer for any lender. I have had a mortgage with AHMSI for about 2 1/2 years. I did not hear a peep from them for two years. In the last six months they have begun calling me starting on the 4th of the month to "remind" me that my payment is past due. At first I argued with them that it was not past due until the 15th and please not to call me until that time and if I am ever late (beyond the 15th) I would welcome their call. After the initial contact with them, they began calling with a recorded message to tell me I am late. I would just hang up. They would continue to call twice a day until they received my payment. I was furious and called to complain. They were very hard to understand due to the heavy accent and told me to read my contract and that I had "promised to pay by the first of each month". Anyway, this is harrassment in my opinion and a very bad business practice to irritate your good paying customers. You would think they would be happy to be receiving their monthly payment. I finally spoke with a supervisor and told her I wanted the calling stopped. She said the only way to stop it would be to fax them a letter which I immediately did. On the 4th of the next month I got the usual call and spoke with them and could barely control my anger. The rep said they had received my letter but that I had not signed it. Needless to say, I was ready to explode. I refaxed te letter with my signature over my printed name. I'm willing to bet that come next month I will begin to receive the same calls. When asked when I would be making my payment, I told him it was none of his business! I hate them and think they will lose a lot of business over their treatment of their customers.

• Sh
    Shamshad Bano Jan 31, 2010

I Disagree!!!

I worked for option one & then in July'07 option one was taken over y AHMSI. All gentlemen and ladies who have complains against this company please ask yourself, are you really angry at this company? Do you actually think what you are saying is right?
    Option one gave you a loan when no one in the market was ready to give you a loan. You decided to take the loan on high interest rate yourself. You knew that you have an ARM loan and after 2 or 3 years down the line the interest rate will increase up to three percent. don't we read and understand what we are signing for and then when adjustment takes place we blame the mortgage company.
    before we shout at someone or call them names it is better that we understand that the person on the other side does not even know us and has no personal benefits.

• Ho
    HopelessCase Jan 25, 2010

This company is horrible. My husband and I have been in the process of refinancing our AHMSI loan through another company. Our loan close date was suppose to be DEC. 20, 09. I did not send my payment in on time, first time ever. When I did call to make the late payment, in order to prevent it from being 30 days late, The Indians would not except my payment, they wanted the next months payment also. I explained to them that we were in the process of paying it off through another lender. Unfortunately some other needed paper work was necessary. I tried to pay this late payment several times but with no luck. Therefore, AHMSI sent a 30 delinquent status to the credit bureau. I finally slipped a western union payment in on them. The problem now is that our new lender can not complete the new loan until the 30 day delinquent status is removed. This status is their fault, they would not except our payment. My husband has had perfect credit, upper 700's but now it is probably runt. I spoke with the foreign office people five times today. They do not care, they do not care that we are trying to pay this loan in full. I do not believe that they want us to pay it off, they want to continue to collect interest from us and I believe that is why they will not help us. They will not try to help us in any way. They are unconcerned and they would not give us any numbers to any one else that we could call about this ordeal. We did not ask for our loan to be sold to this foreign people, we cannot even understand half of what they are saying. If we cannot get this delinquent status removed by Friday, then we have to forfeit our new home equity loan from our local bank. This company has done us wrong.

NoExcuse Dec 30, 2009

John
    AHMSi advised me by letter that I was accepted into the Loan Modification program on July 15th, 2009.
    If my experience of AHMSi prior to requesting the LM was bad, I cannot believe that Wilbur L. Ross, Jr. and the W.L. Ross and Company, LLC can be anything other than co-conspirators in this homeowner shakedown. My December 16th, 2009 statement lists the same $3655.00 payment as it has since I requested that my real estate taxes be escrowed into my payment and my 8.4% APR 5-year ARM be changed to a 30-year Fixed rate mortgage.
    WARNING:
    If you review the terms of the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac HAMP (Making Home Affordable Program) you will see that each homeowner is being exploited by AHMSi. Each time that your paperwork is delayed puts money into their pockets!
    I support every complaint made against this "company!" I am writing to the AG of the State of Texas so that they can investigate these scoundrels. Example: I just complied with AHMSi request for my two (2)
    most current bank statements. They are so poorly trained that the Modification 'Negotiator' could not locate my SSA Benefit deposit on my bank statement. Everything in their telephone calls exudes urgency..."time-sensitive" material...but they send their requests via USPS bulk rate snailmail so that 8-10 days elapses before you ever "know" that they have created another fictional roadblock to your loan modification being processed.
    I do not wish evil or ill upon anyone, but I have a long history of demanding accountability and justice from public corporations and their leaders. My suspicion is that AHMSi hired many former HUD employees to staff their HAMP programs. That these persons are overwhelmed by their clients comes as no surprise. One of the oldest tricks in legacy of debt collectors is delaying tactics and harassment. I bet that these employees are being paid bonuses to bleed each homeowner for daring to deny AHMSi their
    $$$$$!

• Cu
    customer service agent Dec 26, 2009

if u people r comfortable, i can resolve ur issues right here
    alongwith ur loan no, please briefly mention the problem u r facing

• Cu
    customer service agent Dec 26, 2009

i m one of the reps from india to whom u guys talk to.

• Ve
    Very Mad Dec 07, 2009

AHMSI is a horrible company! And I am sick and tired of talking to the people from India.

• Jl
    jl Dec 05, 2009

A glimmer of hope- for the past 12 months or so I've been trying to resolve an issue with AHMSI and FINALLY received a detailed letter from them describing the actions they are taking. The issue was totally resolved in my favor and I now have it in writing. I want to pass on my "How to" in the hopes that it will help someone else in the struggle.

1. It's not easy. You must keep writing to AHMSI voicing not only your side of the issue- state the terms that you require to resolve it. Respond immediately to any letters you receive from them and demand written responses to all of your letters. By law, they must provide you written responses. Keep the faith and keep writing. As frustrating as it will be, I know, you've got to keep writing.

2. Engage your local congressman AND your state senators. I wrote mine and got good feedback from them in a very short time. While they won't offer you quick or easy solutions, they provided contact info for agencies that can and do help. Use them! I did! You have to "wage this battle" from as many different fronts as you can!

3. I don't think I ever answered my phone when my lender or any other "1-800" showed in my called ID. When I had to call AHMSI the first thing I would request was to speak to someone in America. After some resistance the call will be transferred from India to the US. Beware though- the India operators have tried to be slick. They receive training in english to include the use of accents. Whenever a US person got on the line, I would kinda quiz them- asking where are you? How's the weather there? If I knew more about the location I would ask more detailed questions to make sure I was indeed speaking with an american! As sad as it sounds I did catch them out more than once. Be prepared to spend no less than 30 minutes on the phone and MAKE SURE any notes you want on your account are indeed recorded. I would make the representative read them back to me. Based on my experience I would avoid using the phone whenever possible. The frustration wasn't worth the effort and I don't believe I gained much from ANY phone conversation with this company. Call them when you absolutely must, otherwise write, Write, WRITE!

4. Save EVERY piece of correspondance you receive OR send. Monthly statements, AHMSI "hate mail", your replies...save ALL of it! The agencies recommended by congress/senate will be interested in viewing it as they sort of "build their case".

Apologies this is so long winded. Bottom line is DON'T give up. This company appears ready to "wait you out". Resolve yourself to settle in for the "long war" and write. Use the internet and get addresses or FAX numbers for your congressman/senators. Accept that it will take some time but continue to act. Best of luck to all of you.

Finally, am I looking for a new lender??? YOU BET!!!

• De
    DebT Nov 25, 2009

Our mortgage has been sold 4 times in the past 5 years, we had Option One last year and we are now with this "debt collection agency" - who apparently bought our mortgage early 2009. They are HORRIBLE. They don't speak English. they don't take notes of conversations because in 3 different days I spoke to 3 different agents who asked the SAME question and "made a note" of it on our account. RIDICULOUS.

Our problem is it will absolutely ruin our credit because local banks won't help. the Obama help that AHMSI has to offer is only good for 3-6 months IF we get approved. Our payments go up every month and we can't afford them.

Horrible.

• 12
    12JAS78 Nov 24, 2009

WHEN YOUR A BAD PERSON IN LIFE AND DIE YOU GO TO HELL YOU GO TO AHMSI HEADQUARTERS CENTRAL

• My
    MyCastle123 Nov 23, 2009

This company has just about put me in the hospital. I have nearly every problem all of you have mentioned. I started a loan modification process with Citi over a year ago. It was finally approved in January 2009, but my loan was sold 2 weeks later to AHMSI and the modification was never recognized. I had to start over (faxing documents repeatedly while receiving all kinds of nasty mail and phone calls), and again was finally awarded a modification in June, 2009. However. AHMSI took back the loan modification in August, 2009, without writing to tell me about it. Eventually, I was told that the agreement AHMSI has with the US Treasury required them to run ALL loans through the government's program to see if the homeowners qualified for HAMP. (I don't believe this, by the way.) It took them 3 months to say I don't qualify, so now they are starting over with traditional loan modification again. By the way, I found out AHMSI had rescinded the June, 2009 loan modification when I got a nasty phone call demanding full payment.

I'm online in search of an existing lawsuit to join against AHMSI. If you know of one, please send me a message! Thanks!

• Le
    lee M. Nov 13, 2009

AHMSI has made my life miserable! I wrote to every "help" agency, group, helpline both private and governmental. I finally got the issue resolved but only my local bank filed a complaint with the Office of the Controller of Currency. Nothing else worked but with a lot of help we finally won.
    I experienced to same treatment that are reflected in the vast majority of the complaints and finally the OCC worked.
    I would encourage everyone to contact the OCC if you expect to see any positive results.
    Good Luck
    Lee in South Carolina

• Kl
    klyngreen Nov 12, 2009

There is a company in Westbrook Maine called Buying Time and they help homeowners. They are a legal document preparation service. Check out the website www.buyingtime4u.com. Many of their clients have loans from AHMSI and check the legitimacy of the mortgages by doing a loan audit. This service works and it is affordable. Call 1888-950-TIME ext 203 Kerri. If you are trouble, cannot modify, behind on your mortgage facing or in foreclosure they can help. Kerri has helped many homeowners that are in trouble.

Mary Ann Reynolds Nov 07, 2009

OMG!! I can't believe all these comments about AHMSI!! My husband and I have been going crazy with this company for years!!! Anytime i have had to call I have had the same horrible experience...everyone is terribly hard to understand and they have no idea what they are talking about. We have repeatedly asked for a phone number with an extension so that we could actually speak to the same person when we call. For years I have questioned why all of a sudden payments change. I get some BS about this, that, and the other thing but none of it makes sense! My husband has been out of work for three years due to an injury and I have worked my butt off to keep our mortgage current. Well...in August things got really tough for us and I was late with our payment. So at the beginning of September they (OF COURSE!!) wanted two payments ONLY and would not accept one payment. By the end of Sept. we paid two months. It came out of our bank account...we got the confirmation from Western Union and of course a confirmation number from AHMSI themselves when the payment was made. Thought everything was back on track and breathed a sigh of relief which unfortunately was very short lived. While I was at work my husband answered the door and lo and behold there was a live person at our door looking for our LATE payments that had not been received!!! What a nerve!!! Knocking on my door!!! That was an awesome phone call to get while I'm at work so I can pay these SOB's. My husband did not let him in BUT he brought him the phone to call and clear it up . This guy had to call and do the same thing we all do...call the toll free number and go through all the same hassle as we do to get someone on the phone. He was told (about a half hour later) that they figured out that the money was received but probably applied to the wrong account. Not to worry...all we had to do was send them documentation of our payment and it would be taken care of. sounds easy right?! not so much. I left work..went to my bank and had MY bank fax a copy of my statement showing that the payment had been taken out. I had confirmation from Western Union that the payment was made, I had a confirmation number from AHMSI when the payment was made. My husband was assured that the payment would be applied to our mortgage and that they would take care of cleaning up the mess on our credit report. Well now it's over a month later and they won't take our mortgage payment for October because they say we owe 3 months now! All the calls to get this straightened out our useless. The question just reverts back to...When can you pay the 3 months you owe?? Are you kidding me???? This is just so ridiculous it's beyond belief!! How can something like this happen in this country to hard working people that just want to make a living and keep a roof over there family's heads? Totally frustrated. When I have had to call them I always end up on the phone forever and I get off the phone in tears half the time because they are so rude and talk down to you like you are nothing. Now there's a funny twist to all of this. We received a notice with our August statement that we OVERPAID our escrow account and that they owe US $567.00. The letter said we would receive a check by Sept.22. Funny thing..haven't seen that ! When we ask them about that they have no idea what we are talking about. I think after seeing all these other comments about this company I am going to contact the attorney generals office and maybe the White House. Someone has got to help people that are actually paying there mortgage but are now being threatened with foreclosure. Hey, maybe Erin Brockovich??? Good luck to all and if I get anywhere I will let you all know.

• Lo
    Lord Helpdem Oct 15, 2009

Any postal workers among the frustrated?

• Mc
    mclingo56 Oct 13, 2009

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THE FAX NUMBER FOR THE RETENTION TEAM???

I misplaced mine & am in absolutely no mood to call and try to get it over the phone.

• Mc
    mclingo56 Oct 13, 2009

I called once to try to make some sort of arrangements. I was told I had to come up with some sort of downpayment. I said I didn't have anyone to borrow that type of money from. They suggested I take money out of my life insurance policy. I explained that I didn't have the type of policy which I could take money out. I would have to die in order for anyone to take any money out of the life insurance policy. The man (from India) said, well then you will need to do what you have to in order to take the money out from your life insurance policy. I told him that if I was dead, it would probably be harder to collect! Ultimately I hung up.

• Do
    Dokotakid Oct 09, 2009

These people screwed me out of a double paymen in June '09; and are trying it again in Sept-Oct '09

• Jl
    JLogan Sep 29, 2009

AHMSI is a nightmare! My experience with their incredibly poor customer service began at the end of January 2009 when I logged online to CitiResidential's website to make my February mortgage payment and got a message saying they were no longer able to process my mortgage payments. After calling the listed toll free number, I determined my mortgage had been sold or transferred to AHMSI. I contacted AHMSI and confirmed that my mortgage was now with them and was told I could make a payment over the phone for a fee of $12.95 or online for a fee of $9.95. I asked the customer service rep if there was a fee to pay by check and she said no so I asked for the mailing info to make the payment by check. Along with the payment I sent a letter stating the check was for the February payment on my loan and I requested a coupon book or monthly statements be sent to me for future payments. It took about 10 days for my check to clear the bank and shortly thereafter I received a notice that my account was delinquent and I needed to contact AHMSI as soon as possible to prevent foreclosure proceedings. My loan had never been late with CitiResidential and I had made the first payment with AHMSI so I did not understand why they were sending me that letter. I never receveived a notice from CitiResidential that my loan had been sold or transferred and I never received anything from AHMSI informing me they were now holding my loan.

As it was almost time to make the March payment, I opted to make that payment online and pay the fee of $9.95. I made the payment and within 48 hours it was posted to my bank account and I thought all was well. I also paid the late fee that I had been assessed for February because I decided it wasn't worth fighting over. A couple of weeks after making the online payment, I again received a notice that my mortgage was delinquent and at risk for foreclosure.

I called customer service and was connected with a rep I assumed was in India based on the accent. I explained to her that my account was not delinquent. She kept saying I had not made the February payment that I said I made via check, I had only made the online payment which had been applied to February and now March was late. She told me to fax documentation to them which I did the next day along with a second request for a coupon book or monthly statements.

When I logged online to make the April payment, I was again assessed a late fee. I ignored the late fee and paid the regular payment which promptly posted to my bank account. You can probably see where this is going...A couple of weeks later another late notice arrived in the mail (still no coupon book or monthly statements). Once again I called customer service and once again I got a rep in India who claimed I had not made the February payment via check but had made it online on March 1st and then made the March payment on March 30th and now the April payment was late. When I tried to explain to her that I had made the February payment via check, I had a copy of the canceled check, and I had faxed all the documentation to them at the end of February, she got very beligerent and insisted I did not make any payments via check because such payments would be reflected in their system and their system was not wrong.

I gathered up all my documentation once again and faxed it once again, this time with a sternly worded letter threatening legal action if this issue was not resolved asap and my account brought current. A third time I requested a coupon book or monthly statements be sent to me and none were forthcoming, however the payment made by check was applied to my account and my account was made current which I confirmed a few days later via another call to customer service. When I logged online to pay the May fee, my account was now current and the fee to pay electronically was reduced to $3.95. I paid the May, June and July payments online without incident.

When I logged on at the end of July to make the August payment, I got a message that the system was being upgraded and they were currently unable to process online payments and to call customer service to make a payment. I called the customer service number and again was connected to India. I explained the problem and the rep allowed me to make the payment over the phone for the online fee ($3.95) versus the pay-by-phone fee of $12.95. I logged on at the end of August to make the September payment and the system was still down for upgrades. After calling customer service and being on hold for about 20 minutes, I opted to make the payment by phone and paid the fee of $12.95 rather than waiting for a representative. I logged on this morning (September 29th) to make the October payment and lo and behold, for the third month in a row the system is still down for upgrades and payments cannot be processed online but have to be done over the phone through customer service. I am so angry rigth now I'm seeing red and I am going to wait until tonight to call to make the payment because if I call now I'm going to read the riot act to whomever is unfortunate enough to answer my call. I am going to talke to a live person this time and I am not going to pay a $12.95 fee for the "privilege" of paying by phone.

This lousy customer service is absolutely unacceptable! In this day and age there is no reason an on-time payment made online should be assessed a fee. None of my other creditors charge a fee for paying on time online. I should not have to argue with a person in India when AHMSI has screwed up my payments and is wrongly showing my account as delinquent. A system should not be down for three months for upgrades requiring payments to be made over the phone for additional fees. I get coupon books or monthly statements from all my other creditors so why does AHMSI not have to provide them? I am completely over AHSMI and am currently looking into other options including filing a complaint with the federal and state governments. If anybody is looking into either a class action complaint or lawsuit, count me in. This treatment is wrong on so many levels and the owners and the board of AHMSI need to be held accountable.

• Ei
    EileenK Sep 28, 2009

Wow! It's amazing to see so many complaints about the same thing...I sure wish there was something that we could do about it but it seems like all a homeowner can do these days is bend over & take it! The only thing I could think to do was send my story to the Chicago Tribune - What's Your Problem desk. I started this path almost a YEAR ago with CitiResidential, & was just trying to refinance to get a fair rate & a mortgage that was not interest only..of course I couldn't refinance because the value of my house had dropped so much, so I was referred to the loan modification dept..went thru the whole process and Citi sold my loan to AHMSI...so I had to start all over! They denied me so I actually started working with an attorney who specializes in loan modifications, was told I was approved in JULY!! Yeah, this week is Oct. 1st, and I have been pushed off & pushed off that I am now in dire straits, behind on my mortgage, screwed up my credit (which I had worked on improving for 2 years) and just today was told that it has been approved and hopefully they will know something by the end of the week!!! That's what I have been told for months! My phone calls were never returned so today I called the supervisor & informed them of how I reported them to the Trib...got a call back right away this time but still more lies...no help of course!

I know that I have it better than most. I still have a job. I still have my house, for now. I'm just at my wits end because I have tried to do everything "right" by their standards. I hear all about these "Help for Homeowner" plans that banks are doing...is anyone really getting the help? These banks received billions of dollars in bailout money that eventually I will have to pay in my taxes...how is it that they can hold back help when a homeowner is going through the process? Does Mr. Obama really think that these plans are helping? Maybe if I could run my checking account like he runs our federal budget, I wouldn't have this problem...apparently he can still spend billions of dollars on other countries and programs to "assist the economy" despite the fact that the nation has a trillion dollar deficit. Wish my checkbook worked that way...unfortunately, when there's a deficit there...there's no money...just negative balance fees.

If anyone else wants to add their story to the What's Your Problem desk, who knows, maybe with a bunch of people saying the same thing, they'll pick up the story & get it solved, I've seen them solve some pretty amazing things...here's the email: [email protected]

• Si
    singsong_babe Sep 15, 2009

OMG - I can't believe there are so many others with the EXACT same issues I have w/AHMSI! The experience described by "JOANI in FL" is exactly to the T what happened to me (same companies and everything).

Once I even got put on hold when I asked to speak to a supervisor... and then I got disconnected before I ever talked to another person! There have been numerous occassions where I called the "customer service" number and got to the "please hold for the next available representative, " only to be cut off before speaking to anyone.

So - what can we ever do about this?!? I wish we could forward this thread to our State Rep's or Congressmen, or better yet, the President himself! With all the "reform" going on, this is a company that should be "reformed" right out of business!!