Having problems with Agoda?

+65 63 297 537 (Singapore)
+1 866 656 8207 (United States)
+44 203 027 7900 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 868 (Australia)
+64 93 391 656 (New Zealand)
+43 720 380 085 (Austria)
+32 26 200 818 (Belgium)
+36 14 292 234 (Hungary)
+351 210 609 454 (Portugal)
+41 315 479 055 (Switzerland)
+973 16 196 662 (Bahrain)
+852 30 711 201 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 188 9001 (Indonesia)
+60 320 531 869 (Malaysia)
80 074 317 (Oman)
+63 22 469 092 (Philippines)
+966 115 108 738 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 118 446 064 (South Africa)
+82 260 222 443 (South Korea)
+66 20 164 106 (Thailand)
30 Cecil Street, Prudential Tower β„– 19-08
Singapore - 049712

Complaints & Reviews

hotel / room booking

Booking [protected] for Hongkong last April 4-8 I am very very disappointed on you agoda and HK hostel 3/F Chungking Mansion. I don't know who's fault is it but I booked my hotel advance so that I'll have a place to stay and that it's already settled. I booked and used my credit card, agoda sent me a confirmation and so I thought it was okay since I've been using agoda everytime I travel. When I arrived at HK hostel they told me that I did not have any reservation because they can't use my card?! Why they only told me this now that I'm already in hongkong? They should have email me ahead of time so I can find another hotel! Agoda only sent me an email that the hotel can't use my card the same day I arrived in HK hostel?? How can I still find other hotel?? Everything was a disaster! No coordination at all! Everyday I have to look for any vacant room within the area because I do not have my reservation! Not only that all hotels were Fullybooked but all of them offered so high amount for one night!! Their reason is last minute booking!! Which is clearly not my fault! Instead of having fun on my supposedly vacation I have to look for a night to stay at 11:00pm!!! Because HK hostel told me to come back at 11pm because there might be cancelled reservation which I can take. This is traumatic agoda, I am very disappointed no one let me know ahead of time that my reservation was not guaranteed. That they can't be honored! So much hassle and stress looking for accommodation. I can not trust agoda and HK hostel anymore. This is not the service I expected. I hope you check the hotels in your website if they really deserve your trust, because honestly this is unacceptable. The guy from reception even get angry with us and shouted a lot of times because we don't want to pay higher amount for the room because the money/budget I have is only enough on my reservation, now he's saying because they can't use my card I don't have a reservation so instead he's offering me a very expensive one??! This is a SCAM! We even saw other tourist with the same situation like us and sleep on the hallway floor! You're losing clients because of this!

hotel booking

I booked online for OYO 5879 Radha Damodar Residency for June 22, 2019 Departure: June 23, 2019, they informed that
"We are sorry to inform you that your property, OYO 5879 Radha Damodar Residency, has advised us that they are unable to accommodate your booking as their contract has already expired with Agoda.com. As such, we would like to offer you an alternative property with no additional cost or, If the alternative property has a cheaper rate, Agoda shall honor the lower price."

I had to suffer loss of 2000 INR as I booked hotel in advance to enjoy holidays to get benefit of lower prices nbut agoda cancelled the booking as their contract got expired with the hotel.

not being able to get into the property I had booked.

I booked to stay in a guesthouse through agoda and they offered late check in. As I booked it (2 months before the date) I informed them I would be arriving at 2am. As 2am got close i realiaed my transport was late and i sent a message to the property to inform them i would arrive at 3am instead. I got a taxi straight there from the bus terminal as I had been travelling for 37 hours and was exhausted, I just wanted to sleep.
When I arrived at the accomodation there was a sign on the door saying if checking in late please call this number. I spent 30 minutes trying to call that number, the property number on agodas app and their number on Google and knocking on the door to no answer. I resorted to calling agoda, and the lady on the phone was not only unhelpful but made me extremely upset as after an hour on the phone she confirmed that there's nothing can be done I would have to walk around a city I didn't know at 3am by myself (female) to find alternative accommodation. I was very against this as i had all my belongings with me and it was now 4am and i did not want to be walking around by myself in the dark. But i had no other option because the agoda agent said they couldnt book me in anywhere else. So i gave in and started walking, I walked for 1 and a half hours, i found 2 hotels open but they were fully booked because it is songkran in Thailand and neither would let me sit in their reception area until day light. My safety was put at risk and I'm disgusted with how agoda treated me. Telling a scared person that they have to spend the night on the street, which i eventially had to do.
At 1pm I was able to check into a hostle, 10 hours after arriving in Chiang Mai. I had been forced to stay on the streets with out sleep, unprotected from the elements resulting in me having hundreds of bites all over my body.
It was a night from hell, thankfully nothing else happened to me while I spent a night on the street but due to extream lack of sleep and constant anxiety for a long time period i am now very sick and in a lot of discomfort from bites, and joint pain due to lying on concrete as I was too tired to stay sitting up.
Once I managed to get to a bed at 1pm I passed out with complete exhaustion and slept the rest of the day. It is now 13th and I have already lost 1 day of my planned holiday and wonder how much more I'll be unable to do due to the consequences of that night.
I am utterly disgusted by the way agoda treated me and how they knowingly put my safety in danger.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices