Afni Collection / Trying to collect on a 6 year old paid bill!

Posted:   User
Afni Collection
I got a collection notice in the mail from Afni, for a tmobile bill I paid over 6+ years ago. They can't give me any information on where the bill has been for the last 6 years and my ex and I paid if after going our separate ways in late 2017. If this company calls you give them no information they don't already have and verify nothing with them, that's how they get you! Someone needs to do something about this company and the companies that sell them this bogus information. They are selling old customer information to afni and afni is banking you you caring enough about your credit that you will just pay it.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

Afni Collection - Fraud collection
Jersey City
New Jersey

I received a fake collection letter from Afni claiming that I owe Bell Atlantic $412.13. I pay all my bills and never owe Bell Atlantic anything. The phone number they're saying I owe the bill was from 10 years ago. If I owe Bell Atlantic anything, why don't they call me directly or immediately? Why wait 10 years later? Afni is a bogus company and needs to pay for scamming thousands of people out of their money. I'll file a company with Better Business Bureau & the FBI identity theft unit.
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I received a letter from AFNI also. They claim I owe Bell Atlantic / Verizon money from 1999. 8 Years AGO!! I dont owe them anything but how do I prove it? They dont even have the correct address. I had a completely different phone # where they claim the service was at!

Afni Collection - phony phone bill
Afnic
po box 3427
Bloomington
Illinois
Phone: 866-426-1336
afnicollections.com

I was sent a notice from Afni that said I have a past due bill with MCI phone company for $285.41. I never had a MCI phone so I called MCI and they had no ideal what or who I was talking about. there is no record of me ever having an account with them. I knew something was wrong when I saw the date on the notice it claims I had the phone in july 2017 I have had the same phone company and number for 5 years and it is not MCI. I also called Afni and there phone number is always be checked for trouble I can never get any one to talk with me . So I will fight this all the way. Do not send them any money they just might be PHONY COLLECTIONS
A   User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I also just received a collection bill from Afni for $2700 on some Sprint bill my old business partner (we parted ways in Oct. 2017) had and possibly used my name on the bill or continued using thereafter (or my ss#). I never received a collection bill from any other entity. Afni says they are the 3rd collection agency to own the debt and now are mailing me a bill. I told them the story and they said they would look into it and get back to me. I don't even know my rights apart from my old business partner would have used my ss# to help renew the acct? But reading other posts I also wonder about Afni?

Afni Collection - Fraud collection
Phone: 111-222-3333

I will list a complaint, but respectively wish not to include name and number. Sorry, you can't trust things nowadays.
Heres another complaint against Afni. Same letter Same old bill from 11 years ago, from verizon formally GTE. now heres the kicker they claim it was an old cell bill, but funny thing is the number they refer to on the bill goes to a residence in a State that I do not live in. If you want to have some fun. Call this company, they have some of the most friendly Satanic devil worshipers to answer the phone, ask them how they got your address to send the letter (don't give them any info to verify anything) and ask them how you could possibly have a cell phone bill when you are Amish and have never had any electronic devices nor believe in them, and if they become rude or obnoxious, just calmly ask them to gather the appropriate information to resolve the matter and when they get this together, to give you a call at the phone number they have listed on the letter. Have fun!

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Afni Logo Afni
Customer Care Service
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington