Affordable Living, Mike AldersUnpaid Wages

Mr. Michael William Alders hires people and then has no money to pay them. There is an active complaint filed with Texas Workforce Commission as well as several civil cases waiting to be filed. He decieves people with grandious plans of multiple companies, promises salaries, company vehicles, Company phones, His business has no phone service and has had the water and power shut off several times for non payment. He sells barns with discounts for cash only so he can take the money and leave some materials on site and not return. He has not successfully completed a barn / building since 2010. He has no Liability Insurance, He has vehicles with wrong tags, no insurance and not even in his name. He has a warrant out for writing worthless checks as of 2/7/13 (warrant # [protected]). He will hire illegals so they will not complain when he does not pay. He threatens them if they push the issue. I have been witness to this firsthand and have also not been paid my wages. I have been threatened, my children and animals threatened. I am one of the people with Civil Action in the process of being filed.

• Iv
    Ivy Cullens Nov 21, 2015

Anyone know how to get in touch with him? I would like to buy the building off of 336.

• Wh
    whatisMikedoingnow? Dec 23, 2014

I agree that Mike sees things black or white. Period. You have to understand the way he thinks. Just get a real job and you won't have to worry about his nonsense.

• Ah
    ahardtexanworker Jun 22, 2014

The only good reports on here about him were written by people he paid or said he was going to pay. I know because he asked me if I could remove "a bunch of bullsh!t this [censored] wrote about me thats all lies, she just did a sh!tty joB so i didnt pay her". I said if she did such a bad job why didnt you fire her? I now know why. he uses them untill the person gets wise to his bull. He told me many times i was the best, hardest worker he had in a long time. He wanted me to go with him to steal diesel fuel from highway department or county trucks, presenting a muriad of excuses should the police catch him. I wouldnt go even with his constant pestering that he does it all the time. There is nothing good about this man and do not beilive a word out of his mouth.

• Ah
    ahardtexanworker Jun 22, 2014

I have also been ripped off by this lying p.o.s. he owes me $1800 for hard labor. $100 a day he says luring me away from my current job at the time, "i never said how many hours a day was" when questioned about consistant 11-12 hour days, ok no problem i can handle that. But this liar always had some reason why he could never produce a paycheck and that garanteed riches were always around the next corner, he was always certain that " by the end of tomorrow i will have your money plus a bonus just for being cool about the situation". He would buy you smokes and a drink and If you really get upset then he gives you a $10 gas card to get back to work the next day. He purpously baits you in drives your life into the ground In an attempt to force you by default to move Into one of his unlivable trailers as a sort of slave with no way out. This man needs to be stopped. He preys on people and then lies about how they were a poor worker or a thief, anything to discredit the poor person that trusted him.

• Lu
    luvinmylifealways Oct 16, 2013

I worked for mike i would like to get more information on all of this, . Not sure how to go about doing this. He has not changed. He is still yelling at people and not paying. He talks a good game but its just talk. We all worked very hard usually from 7 am to late as 9 pm we deserve our money. We well earned it!!! I saw he has recently changed his company name to TEXAS POULTRY.

Stop Mike Alders Oct 11, 2013

AND check out how he got farm subsidies from the Government to the tune of $ 121, 000 + dollars... HHHMMMMM... for "rice fields"??? hahahaha. http://farm.ewg.org/persondetail.php?custnumber=A12223470...

Barn Buyers .. BEWARE... workers ... BEWARE!!

Stop Mike Alders Oct 11, 2013

Oh and Mr. Good Friend.. You might want to help him clean up his properties so they get a better price when everyone comes forward to file leins on them. Farm Factory and Store Worker Liens - Texas Property Code 58.002. I am sure EPA and DEP would love to see the oil, grease, hydraulic fluid that has been dumped and leaking on the Rose Road Property as well as the 336 Loop Property. He moved a couple of the tanks to the building on 1484. Wonder if they are leaking as well. Oh and how about how he broke into the Masonic Lodge building on the pretense of "checking his assets". He is a classic Sociopath... always someone elses fault always the victim... When he finally goes off the ledge again, I hope someone has taken his guns away or he has pawned them all off! AND ... BTW.. I dont work for him because I follow the law and I refused to break it or lie for him!! I post this because NO ONE should have to be his prey. And believe me... he is a predator!

Stop Mike Alders Oct 11, 2013

Oh and what about the Hispanic man that Mike had beaten to a pulp when he came in to ask for his money?? He is nothing but a bully!!.. His threats didnt scare me and neither do his guns!!

Stop Mike Alders Oct 11, 2013

Mike Alders may have done a decent job in the past, but he is a scam artist to the max now. You can blame all you want on the "type" of people Mike hires, but the truth is, he can't get anyone good to work for him because of his non-payment- erratic behaviour, tirades and bad business practices!! if you TRUELY know him- Mr. "good friend"... You know why he is they way he is and it will only get worse! I was new to the area and didnt know to stay away from him. I had a great job and walked in to buy a barn. I got sucked into his BS and went to work for m for almost a month. I kept up with his crazy hours, catered to his tirades and saw how he runs his business. WHY he is not in jail for tax evasion, labor violations or any other multitude of civil, criminal or environmental violations, I have NO clue. Perhaps the Conroe Good Ol Boy mentality is alive and well.!!... I have NEVER had a sense of entitlement but I have a huge dose of disrespect for anyone that does what Mike Alders does.!! I actually ran into another victim a few days ago and told her how to fight him to get her money!! She told me new stories about his behaviours and how he shows new employees a sawed off rifle with a silencer on it when he hires them. NICE GUY??... I DONT THINK SO!!... If you think so much of him... YOU go help him!

• I checked out the Mc Lleran clan its run by wife lisa who was never present in any of negotiations at her husbands job. The family is a texbook case for obama entitlement programs they have 6 8 kids and apply for every gov. program they eat better than most regular folks cause when you have a lot of dependents you get a lot of benifits if lisa would work like most moms in america they might be better off but she they probably gets more gov. aid than she could earn with a real JOB. Its easy to talk the talk but walk the walk get a job and get off welfair this is a free country not a free ride just cause you have lots of kids dosent mean taxpayers should pay for your familys needs. She could write a book on how to get taxpayers to pay for there family size choice. birth controle or bust! People against entitlement geared people spek up NOW!

• mike is a great guy he is a demanding boss he ges up early and stays late and expects every one around him to do there best. If your not on your game he will put you on the proverbial bench permanently i worked for him for four years three weeks and im better for it, tough boss but i always got paid more than i expected cause he gives bonuses if jobs get done as expected hes tough but fair and honest. If hes not paying you its because did not do your job you fail him you will not get the pay you did not earn you get paid for results not just making excuses. Yall dont beleve these slackers cause they failed or they would still have a job. Check out the source befor you beleve any of these bad comments cause mike is a great guy to woork for!

• I have known mike for 28 years and he is fair in his dealings you just have to live up to your end of the deal he is black and white not manny grey areas he does his part he expects you to do yours. If you do what you are supposed to as agreed you always get paid. If you dont do your part you will not get paid. He does not beleve in entiltelment minded employes. If you are a honest hard worker call him if you are average or less than the best then keep on looking cause he only wants good honest hard working people on his team.

• Li
    Lisa McLaren Sep 24, 2013

update on above comment. 09/24/2013 Mike Alders called my husband tonight after seeing the above comment and threatened him. Mike said "your wife f***** you over, I will see you on the street and we will settle this." Mike told my husband that "the only people that he can get to work for him are "undocumented workers" because they can't read this website" Now I just need to learn to write all this in spanish!!! Good!! That means I am doing a good job. Workers BEWARE! People wanting barns built BEWARE!!!

• Li
    Lisa McLaren Sep 05, 2013

All these comments are true. Mike Alders with affordable living inc in conroe TX owes my husband $4500 and he hired 3 of our children and another minor that we consider part of the family. Together he owes them close to $2000. We have filed a complaint with the labor board, and filed a complaint with the TX Attorney General. I attempted to contact the news stations but could not get an answer. Mike promises good money and never pays. He talks a good talk but he is a thief with no intention of ever paying anyone. He belittles his employees and customers then brags about it. This man needs to be in jail, a mental jail. He is crazy, He still tells my husband he is not mad at him and wants him to come back to work there!! HaHaHa!!! Not if he was the last business on the planet!!! If you go to work for Affordable Living I suggest you have at least 1 year of living expenses sitting in the bank because he will not pay you.

• Fe
    Fe Y Justicia Jul 18, 2013

Could everyone who has posted above and also filed a TWC complaint please contact me? I am doing an open records search of Mike Alders to use in court and can actually get more information if I have the permission from the people who filed the complaints. We still have some time, but the sooner the better and the more the merrier. Call me at [protected], my name is Kaitlyn. For your protection, do not post your info here. I am with a worker's rights organization and Mike already knows that we are after him, so I will be ok.

Marcela Aldas Jun 21, 2013

Thank you for posting this, this man Needs to be thrown in jail.

stopmikeaders Apr 24, 2013

For everyone out there that remembers when Mike did a good job, built good barns and buildings... That does not excuse what he is doing now. Good people in Conroe are tires of being Scre**ed. Something is seriously gone wrong. Just Beware... If you want to take a chance on him... just beware. Dont put your hard earned money out there without a guarantee...

stopmikeaders Apr 24, 2013

If you want to get paid.. pursue it legally!!!.. I did. You can file through Texas Workforce - Unpaid Wages. Then send him a demand letter with what he owes you. You have to send it "certified" through the Post office. He wont accept it, but you did your part!! Then wait 10 days after the letter is sent... File "Theft of services" through Montgomery County Sherrif's Dept. Be persistant. They won't want to do it and will tell you it is civil. If you dont wait forever hoping he will pay you, within 30 days of owing you, you can file a lien against his properties under the Texas Property Code 58.001. Go to the Texas Law Library. All the forms are there. Anyone can do this. Even if you just file thru Texas Workforce, you are doing your part to stop him from hurting other people financially. It doesnt matter if you are ilegal or not!! No one should work hard and not get paid!!... Stop the madness!!!

Stop Mike Alders Feb 25, 2013

Two more pending charges for "Theft of Services".!!. More unpaid wages claims filed with Texas Workforce!!.. He was arrested on an outstanding warant for "Theft by Check" (aka bad check) on Saturday night!!. This man is bad new in shoes. Barn buyers beware... Workers beware. No insurance as of 2/17/13. IRS tax lien 5/12. All public records. Educate yourself with the kind of person you are dealing with.