Affirmative InsuranceBad Bad Company

On Feb 7th of 2011, this company had an insured customer that ran an intersection and knocked the front end off of my car being driven by my daughter. Luckily my daughter stopped in time to just get the front end knocked off. Had she not stopped, the car would have been hit directly in the door causing bodily injury to my daughter and the passenger. Now it's March 8th, a month later and this company wants to only cover 80% of this accident because they claim my daughter was partly to blame. AGAIN, she stopped just 4 short of getting hit it the door. They have completely blown me off! The customer service is simply the worse I have ever dealt with in all my years in customer service. Think again before getting your policy here! You will be glad you shopped around.

• Hi
    Hit in California Jan 09, 2016

This is a fraudulent company as stated by all the comment. I thought I had it bad until I read your messages. Let's file a class action. This company specializes in providing insurance for people with false documents every single day all day long. I cant believe that they are not yet arrested. They charge illegal immigrants an arm and a leg to pretend to insure them. Next they tell everyone who has a claim against their insureds that they cannot contact the insured so good bye. Of course you cannot contact the insured because he gave you a false name and a false address! This is criminal and fraudulent behaviour. I wish I live in the state they are headquartered in. I would just show up to their offices ..

• Gl
    Glen Head Dec 09, 2015

I have been paying all year like clock work. I hit a curb during a rain storm and did quite a bit of damage. I called the next day filed a claim with the claims department. Next day no call. So i call 2 or 3 times a day for a week with not response from the adjuster. I finally get hold of a supervisor he takes my report. Mind you I have been calling all week this now Friday. I then have the guys at minake take pics do a estimate and send everything over to them. I get no call for 3 days I am Calling them I finally get hold of the supervisor to my adjuster he tells me they will have some one out that day Monday. Then nothing the claims guy comes out 3 days later and says they will make a decision in 2 to 3 more days. I have called only get voice mail have not got a call back at all. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT IS HORRID!!! P. S Still not fixed or received a call.

• Hi
    Hit In Dallas Feb 25, 2015

Affirmative insurance is the WORST COMPANY for auto insurance (claims) in the United States. I was hit by their insured on February 4, 2015 and as of today they can't tell me their process for making a claim or the process that they use. They haven't accepted responsibility much less made an attempt to contact me, It's always I (like pulling teeth) that try to get a response from them. Call your insurance company. Let them pay and sign over subrogation to them so they can go after this company. Don't even try to deal with these unprofessional mucks. You pay your company for situations like this. Your rates will most likely not increase because of this.

• Ve
    VeeMarie Oct 02, 2014

I was rear-ended by an Affirmative insurance holder, actually it was a hit and run! They rammed into me and somehow their front bumper with their license plate as well caught under my car. The driver reversed very quickly and took off. Police were called. Now my Insurance which I have 21st (Farmers), are telling me that because the driver of the car is not contacting his Insurance to state that he is liable my car will not be fixed! I have an Attorney already and have called him and let him know what my Insurance let me know. Affirmative sent out an adjuster about a week ago and he took pictures and said they would get back to me with a quote... Also, because apparently I didn't get a good look at the driver they are unsure if the car was stolen?? It was 11 at night!! Like seriously?? Excuse the heck out of me for being in such an utter state of shock that I didn't have time to look at the driver as he sped off!! I am glad I hired a lawyer!

• Om
    Omar 7869 Sep 29, 2014

I'm a Affirmative customer. I'm really concern and disgust about the following.I did a claim to my truck, and I been contributing with the insure by giving them prove of the accident, and all I have received in one month is calls, constantly with terrible attitude.Today a representative of Affirmative insure called once again, and communicated that my claim was denied. The insurance has all the evidence they need, I believe I'm force to take this to the attorney court.

• Tj
    tjboydjr71 Aug 26, 2014

I'm a Affermitive Ins customer. My truck was stolen 8-22-14 @ 11:30PM. It had a tracker. The police tracked it down 8-23-14 @ 4:PM. Arrested the guy who stole it in his yard. It was stiped and wrecked sitting in his yard with all the parts laying around. Here today is 8-26-14 and i still cant get a adjuster to call me. I'm without a vehicle and don't no what to do. Say's it's because they have to prove i didn't have something to do with it. I was the one who helped track it. The theft was all cought on video.

• Rm
    Rmshrestha Aug 08, 2014

I am having a similar case, i was hit buy the car with affirmative insured driver on July 09 1014, it is August 9th, i received a voice mail saying that my case has been closed because of lack of evidence. My only Mistake was i didn't call the police because it happened on our parking lot; as soon as i was hit i called my and their insurance company and told them about the accident and about the law that police won't come on private property, they didnt tell me anything at that time now after almost a month later they say they couldn't get the hold of the driver and and i do not have sufficient evidence. Lauren Plus was my auditor, a week before she asked if i had photos of accident of which i told her multiple times, that i had only couple which i send to her email per her asking but now she says i didn't even send her a pics and they couldn't get the hold of their driver so my case is close. I am thinking of hiring a lawyer but i till i am satisfied i have to drive my dented and scratched Acura. When i first spoke with Lauren she asked for almost 3 weeks and when i showed concerned about the time line she replied, " then why don't do it through your insurance", such a rude and unprofessional behaviour, i was patience though but now i think i have to do some thing. Most intriguing thing is as soon as i send an email quoting that i am going to hire a lawyer and if i have to i will got to the media and this is what pooped on on my email:- "I will be out of the office and unable to check messages starting on Thursday, August 7 at 5:00 PM Central Standard Time and will return on Tuesday, August 12 at 8AM Central Standard Time. Thank You "

• Ol
    Olds Fam Jul 09, 2014

My 1971 Oldsmobile 442 W30 was rear ended on June 6. It's been over a month since the claim was filed and in the last week I have started calling the adjuster daily to get them to do something about the repairs. The car is worth about $36, 000 and Affirmative is trying find comparables to justify TOTALLING the vehicle for the $11, 800 in damages. The Supervisor Paul tells me today that he will never return my calls because there is nothing to tell me new and to stop calling him daily. What the HH is taking so long? They must be trying to find Cutlass's to us as comparables to devalue the vehicle. NO!! I need to find an attorney.

• Gr
    graciano g. rivera Jun 08, 2014

I am in the same predicament. An insured Affirmative Insurance driver hit my car May 21, 2014. Reported incident to my insurance and affirmative 5/22/14. After 2 weeks, an " appraiser" finally assessed the damage to my fender. This process was frustrating because he kept calling my home even after I left instructions that I was in the office from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. He told me an "Adjuster will call me after reviewing the case. Called the "Adjuster" 6/2/14 and he told me it takes about 2 weeks to review and assign a car repair shop.

It is now June 9, and I am still waiting for positive feedback. I am thinking of hiring an attorney to engage Affirmative Insurance. It may worth it just to find out why their delaying tactics is not a good business strategy.

• Lb
    lbmay May 13, 2014

On Sept. 8, 2013, I was broadsided by a guy who ran a red light. The vehicle he was in was not his, but belonged to the person he worked for. He was from Mexico, could speak no English at all, had no driver's license or identification saying he was here legally. The owner of the truck was also Mexican, could barely speak English and had insurance on the truck through Affirmative Insurance. My explorer was completely totaled and had to be towed from the scene. The driver who hit me accused me of making a left turn on a red light, but changed his story when the Louisiana state trooper threatened to pull the red light camera.
    I called Affirmative the following day, after going to the out patient clinic the day of the wreck and my doctor the day after. 3 days later Affirmative was already calling me to make a settlement for property damages without sending out an adjuster. A friend of mine who has a mechanic shop had my truck towed to his shop and had to take pictures to email to this company. From those pictures they determined to total it. However, this took almost a month. I had to have a rental vehicle during that time which to this day I am still out of pocket $2000 for because they refused to pay for it until they determined liability. Then they only paid for 1 week of rental. I had to pay for the accident report which I still have not been reimbursed for either.
    Now it is 8 months 5 days later and I still haven't received my settlement for my bodily injury claim. My claim has also been passed through 4 adjusters since Sept. Even though I was able to go back to work 3 days after the wreck, I have still missed 4-5 days of work from 1 job and 1 day from the 2nd job, not to mention what MY insurance had to pay on dr visits and medicines after the wreck or the aggravation these rude condesending idiots have put me through over the last 8 months. These people are mean and hateful and need to own up to what they owe people. Not once was I ever able to speak to a supervisor and I've tried twice to complain to the Texas Depart of Insurance but have been ignored. Emails and phone calls have done no good and the newest adjuster on my case had the audacity to tell me I needed to quit calling. She has no idea who she is messing with.

• Vi
    vincent degruy Mar 27, 2014

I have filed a formal complaint. Affirmative's insured rear ended me at stop sign. My doctor, ER, and therapy bills totaled about $4200. It has been one year, and they still are only offering me $3700. Customer service sucks. I have an attorney.

John David Henry Feb 13, 2014

Everyone having trouble with an insurance company in Texas should file a formal complaint with the State Board of Insurance here:

• Gu
    guillermina gutierrez Dec 10, 2013

I was another unfortunate soul who got rear ended by one of Affirmative Insurance customers on October 30, 2013. My car was declared a total loss a week later. I missed days of work due to extreme pain and I have what a believe is a permanent injure to my left elbow. I have called and e-mailed Affirmative Insurance. I have mailed and e-mailed every piece of paper they have asked for. Every time I call I get a voice mails that tells me that if the Affirmative rep. does not call me back in 24 hours that I should call their supervisor. The message includes the supervisor's name and telephone number. Well, I have called the supervisors just to add to my frustration because nobody calls me back. I checked and realized there is not sense of writing to the BBB since this company is not endorsed by them. I feel frustrated...what can possibly be my next option?

• Et
    Ethert9 Oct 29, 2013

I just found this site by accident. A couple of years ago a young man ran into my car at a stop sign ... a rear ender. A police report was made. 2 different body shops said $350 - 400.00. I first, out of courtesy, reported the accident to my agent as his office is about 3 blocks from my house. He said they have no duty to respond (and I agreed); and said I need to contact the insurance co. of the guy who hit me. He asked though, who that company might be. I said Affirmative Insurance. He immediately said "oh boy ... that's not good". I asked why. He said "you will fight them tooth and nail to collect". Affirmative sent a claims guy out and evaluated my car. He said "we'll be in touch". After a couple months of no check, I called. A representative said "since the young man took his mom's car without permission, we have no liability". Fact. I couldn't believe it. I said "it's the car that's insured ... you are liable". She disagreed. I went thru my insurance then. I basically admitted to myself I had been screwed. Then 16 months later, I got a check for slightly over $250. My suggestion is to do what I did ... get a bumper sticker made that says "if you have Affirmative Insurance, please don't hit me".

• Ke
    Kesha Palmer Aug 06, 2013

Wow. Thats the first thought that comes to mind when I think of dealing with this Insurance company. I hated the fact that their customer hit my parked car, but really detested the fact that the Insurance company was cheap and irresponsible. My parked car was hit and after the driver was identified Affirmative was notified of the incident. Took them forever to call me back after leaving multiple messages. After I was finally able to speak with someone things seemed as though they were headed in the right direction. Wrong! They were so quick to send me a personalized check for the amount of the estimated damage cost before they knew where the car was getting service or how much the total cost of the repairs would be. The check that I received and the total cost of the repairs differieniated at about $450 or more. The shop asked for a supplement that they claim they sent to the shop. I waited throughout the weekend and go there to pick up my car and found out that the balance had yet to be paid. Just a waste of time on my end. This is the worst experience I have ever had with an Insurance company. Please do not get hit by their customers because the company will try and beat you out of all the money you are possibly owed.

• La
    LadyBlueAngel Apr 12, 2013

I didn't get into an accident or anything but on December 5, 2012 i had gotten i new car and in-order for me to go home with this new car i had to have full coverage insurance so my car dealer and i both called and i had to pay a $35 fee to switch my insurance from Liability to Full Coverage. To my knowledge i though i had gotten full coverage insurance, so the insurance broker told me i had to pay every forth of the month. I'm a person who like to pay their bill early or right on time, so the fourth comes around and i pay my bill for full coverage insurance, paid. Next month comes around and its the first, i was told my policy was canceled(why: there's was no telling) and i was late on my bill. How is that? So now i had to pay every 17 i believe, so i called to pay my bill the next moth. Policy was canceled and i was super late but wait there's more from $133 i now had to pay $220 dollars. Brokers words "Do you want to go ahead and pay that no in full". i was feed up, i cancel my policy and i immediately got new insurance. End of February Comes around i received a letter of Loan Payment Increase of $648 dollars. Come to find out I NEVER HAD FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE!!! So guess what i have to pay those extra charges and what did the broker have to say "i know i put full coverage insurance, the system may have messed up". Insurance Brokers have this thing called a fad-usher where they have to make sure ALL of their customers information is correct and she did not follow that. I have been trying to call everybody so i can get those charges token off but no luck yet, i don't want extra money or anything i just want the charges token off. I shouldn't have to pay this since it WASNT my fault. If you have been through something like this, is there something else i can do.

• Po
    posseswithtoaster Aug 25, 2011

I was rear-ended by an affirmative policy holder. When I called to report the claim, they said the policy didn't exist. They said their policy numbers are different than what her number was. They said they don't insure anyone by the same name. I wrote all the information down and it was also exactly the same as what is listed on the accident report. How do they get away with this? I live in Georgia where it is the law to have auto insurance. When the officer checks on the insurance it is valid. When I call to file a claim it is not valid. Is there not something we can do about this?

• Hm
    hmcd33 Aug 18, 2011

Avgirl - We are having the same issue with Affirmative. They are not wanting to pay out when the accident was clearly their insured's fault. Their insured has even admitted fault several times, and we have a video of her admitting fault. Who is your attorney? We are going to sue as well and would like to find a good attorney. Maybe we can get a class action going...

• Bm
    BMW Maria Jun 28, 2011

i was rear ended on june 6th 2011 and here i am today still waiting on my car the claims adjuster when i asked her what to do were to take my car said"well im in texas and your in chicago i dont live over there to tell you were to go just take it to any repiar shop cause again im in austin the company will cover it!!! oookkkkaaaaayyyy!!! no tow truck was offered to me nothing so i got a tow truck and so i had it towed to a BMW Repair shop and guess what they only pay $40.00 per hour for repairs and BMW charges $100.00 per hour there we had a problem they wanted me to pay another tow and a dagnostic that BMW had done on my car i was very upset and told them i had no directions and this is what i was told to do... it took affirmative over a week and a half to have my car towed from bmw to their repair shop and thats because i started geting very ugly with them well here i am almost a month later and still no car no rental and to top it off a MANAGER tells me you are just mad because you dont have a rental !!! really a MANAGER telling me this and a customer service rep also telling me that the company had mailed a check for the whole deductible to the repair shop when it was actually a check for repairs i agree they have the worst customer service ever they never return call even before their 24 return call policy and the managers there! were did they get them from!! the salvation army i have stoped payment and switching over to a credible isurance co. that does know what they are doing!!!

• Av
    avgirl Jun 10, 2011

I too am having a hard time with this company. I was rear ended at a stop sign by their insured causeing over $5k in damages and they are refusing to pay my rental car bill and diminished value on my car. They delayed the repair on my car arguing about a few dollars with the repair facility causing my rental car to be extended. They are rude, unprofessional and clueless in regards to handling claims. This insurance company only insurers high risk people and only employs people that can't get a job anywhere else. I'm done dealing with them and have now hired an attorney. I'm fortunate enough to afford the out of pocket cost this has caused, however I will get it back and then some with a little time and patience. It's insurance companies like this that make people hire lawyers and sue for everything they can get.