A&e Factory Service - Richmond, VAunacceptable service

A&E Factory Service - Richmond, VA
www.aefactoryservice.com

My electric dryer started making an electrical frying noise along with a burning smell during a load. We shut the dryer off, and the burning and frying continued, so I had to shut off the breaker immediately to stop the problem and prevent a fire. I called the Whirlpool service line after hours and used the automated system to set up an appt. The A&E technician showed up during the promised time in the morning, told my wife (I was a work) that there was no power and that the problem was not the power cord, charged her $59 and left. When I called a while later to check with her and she told me all that, plus the fact that she wrote a check for $59 to the technician, I went ballistic and called A&E at their toll-free number. I was told that they could not contact their technicians. When I said I would not pay for their "service", they said they would have a manager call me on my cell phone, but also that I would have to call back the next day myself and schedule another service call. By 9 pm that night no one called, so I went online to my bank and put a Stop Payment on my check. The next day at noon (still no call) I called Whirlpool "Customer Experience Center" at [protected] and explained the whole matter to them. They agreed that the A&E service was unacceptable and said they "would certainly direct me to a different service company" who would take care of me, and they gave me 3 companies to choose from. I called one and described the problem, and they said they were very familiar with that type of problem and even told me how I could open the back if I wanted to and look at the circuit board and purchase it myself to avoid a labor charge. THAT's good service. They said if I didn't want to do that, they could come out the very next day and fix it for me.

• Gi
    Gina57 Apr 24, 2017

A&E does not care about Customers! Had an appointment scheduled given window 12 -5. Had not heard anything it was going on 4pm, I called A & E. was told the tech was on the way. A little after 5pm, I called back only to hear "oh he is not coming today on his way to your house he broke down. " They would not come out over the weekend, but promised to have someone at the house 8am Monday morning. No one showed, I called and was told I was on the schedule for May 1st?

• To
    tomnevevery Jul 31, 2015

Worst Service EVER!! I had to wait two weeks for a scheduled appointment and then my appointment was cancelled by A&E because no technicians were available. 0 of 5 stars, but Yahoo will not allow 0 stars!! I will never call again.