Resolved Advantage Tax ResolutionTook money!

Anyone out there dealt with this company, please email me immediately. I want to start a lawsuit against them ASAP. They took $11, 000 from me with no intention of resolving my tax issue. The same stories, fake names, paperwork, etc. were thrown my way as many others have gone through, with no result at all. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.
This company has bilked thousands of people of a ton of money. We need to stop them. The owners are never available because I believe they are hiding in Albania and ripping us off. Its amazing they spend our thousands of dollars to advertise on TV, expensively, to rip off more people who call them. Email me to discuss this topic at: [protected]@wideopenwest.com Make sure to note or flag about Adv. Tax on the email.
Sincerely,
John

Mark G. Jan 23, 2009

Currently going through the same problems with Advantage Tax. This company defrauded me for $3, 100.00. I would like to start a class acion lawsuit. If you were defrauded as well, please contact me at: [email protected]

Mark G.

• Wh
    White Feb 06, 2009

I am now working with them now, they said it would be a flat fee of 14500.00. They recently chargeed my credit card 7500. the rest was suppose to be paid in thirty days They called two weeks later to congradulate me for sending all the documentation so soon and personal questionnaire so soon and wanted the rest of the money. I said" How can you ask me for the rest of the money if I havent sent you the business questionnaireand documents only my personal" The response was " We have everything we need we requested five years of your tax returns from IRS already and we have recieved everything already, but if you want us to wait for us to foward your file we will put everything on hold". My response was " Yes thats fine I will wait".

Later wheh I called for diffrent reason, we were trasfered to a different person hesaid his name was Jonathan and that he was also working on our case and that he needed a payment that they had recieved the rest of the ORS documentations and that their charge was 7 to 8%. I told my husband to speak him and when he took the phone my husband said wait a minute we have an agreement we were quoted a flat fee of 14, 500. Jonathon said ok if Darrin said 14, 500. thrn I will honor that.

I am presently working with them now, I do not know what to do?

• St
    stan Feb 10, 2009

count me in on the suite
    same story here, more or less from what is happening to you guys.
    I am ready to move on this hoax
    you can reach me here
    [email protected]

kevin Feb 12, 2009

They took 3500 of my money and will not even return one phone call. I live in missouri and small claims in their jurisdiction would cost too much to proceed.

penny deel Feb 13, 2009

same thing Iam sick l have beem trying to get help I send letters to the attorney general office in ca. With know help from them Thay said thay will keep the complaint on file That was nov.6 2007 A.T.R TOOK 3700. and my bank got levyed 2500. after thay had power of attorney 16 weeks It is all the same that iam reading james catapay was my power of attorney I have so much to say and tell on my story.SO COUNT ME IN ON THE SUITE AT [email protected] LETS GO WITH IT IAM SICK AND PISSED!!!

Kevin Feb 13, 2009

Ok, If I would give you 5, 000 dollars for a product or a service and you refuse to give me that product or service I would call the police and you would be arrested for felony theft. Why are these crooks immune to the law? They are stealing. They have had my money for months and never contacted the IRS. Now my penelties and interest as increased. In a class action can we recover the additional penelties?

• Na
    Nathan Feb 13, 2009

i have been working with this company for 4 months and have had my IRS probelm resolved. Right now they are working with the state to get that done to. so far I havent had any issues.

• To those individuals who find it necessary to blame someone, anyone or anything for their own problems rather than looking to themselves and their own conduct in relation to the circumstances they find themselves in, Advantage Tax Resolution responds as follows.

Given the fact that our business revolves around confidentiality and discretion, clearly we are unable to respond to every complaint made or any one complaint specifically, except to say that by far the vast majority of the clients who come to us for help are extremely satisfied with the results we achieve for them.

Advantage Tax Resolution is NOT a fly by night enterprise. We are extremely committed to assisting our clients. We are not, however, responsible for them, and unfortunately, no company can expect to please all of its clientele all of the time. There are some situations, the responsibility for which can ALWAYS be traced directly back to the client, in which we are simply not able to come to a satisfactory resolution of a client’s outstanding tax liabilities with the IRS or a State agency.

These situations include, but are not limited to those where a client refuses to follow our advice, provides us with false or fraudulent information to give to the IRS or the State, tries to hide information from either us, the IRS or the state, or continuously refuses to cooperate in the process by failing to comply with IRS or State imposed deadlines, and/or failing to provide information or documentation that is necessary and required in a timely matter or at all.

It is the clients that cooperate fully and HONESTLY with us and do so within the stringent time frames imposed on us that are more likely to end up with a resolution of their tax issues that they are satisfied with. Those clients that fail to provide us with honest financial information or any financial information at all, or do so only after one request after another, or who hide assets, or who lie to us or to the IRS or the State will not be rewarded with a resolution of their tax liability that they are happy with. Their case is their responsibility and they must conduct themselves accordingly or we can not and will not help.

We would never counsel a client to rearrange their assets in order to reduce or eliminate a tax liability. That is tax evasion and tax evasion is illegal and if you decide to conduct yourself in an illegal manner, we can not and will not help you and you will not be satisfied with the results.

When you fail to provide us with information or documentation required by the IRS or State within the timeline imposed by them, or if the information or documentation is clearly full of lies, omissions and instances of self serving and “creative” financing, or when you fraudulently alter documents provided to you for submission to the agency involved, we can not and will not help you and you will not be satisfied with the results.

The individuals contributing to this blog have a history of refusing to take responsibility for their own actions or, more accurately, their own INACTIONS, or for taking actions which are inappropriate and often illegal. This history of failing to take responsibility is precisely how they ended up in the situation they did. To them the fee they paid obligates us to resolve their tax issues with or without their full and honest cooperation and regardless of the legality of the methods used. Advantage Tax Resolution will never be party to such conduct. The client has paid an agreed upon fee and there is absolutely no logical reason for us to compromise or jeopardize our professional integrity by breaking the law in order to reduce that client’s tax liability.

Further, contrary to what the bloggers on this site seem to believe, the fact that a fee is paid does NOT make us miracle workers, nor does it make us keepers or caretakers for the taxpayer involved. We are limited in what we can do for any given client by the amount of cooperation and personal responsibility and commitment that client is willing to demonstrate in resolving their tax issues. We are only as good as our clients and we are not able to help those that are not willing to help themselves by participating fully, honestly and promptly in the progress of their case.

Advantage Tax Resolution has never and will never protect the interests of any client in any manner that is, or could even potentially be construed, as illegal regardless of the amount of fee paid. We work extremely hard and within the bounds of the law, unlike some of those posting their comments, for those clients that demonstrate an unequivocal willingness to work hard with us, the IRS and various State agencies toward a resolution that is beneficial to all as expeditiously as possible.

That being said, as well as demonstrated on a daily basis by our company, bloggers BEWARE! Any further statements to the contrary are simply not true and will not be tolerated. To those individuals who insist on promoting falsehoods about our company, on this site or anywhere else, be advised - justice will be swift and severe. Such statements will be perceived as slanderous and will be treated as such through the imposition of injunctions in addition to a complaint for substantial money damages based on defamation and slander. Make no mistake – you will not be satisfied with the results!

Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc.

Kevin Feb 16, 2009

I gave you your fee in full, months ago. I have questions regarding your questionare.
    I have questions regarding my 2009 filing. Thats it.
    You havent retured a single call, fax or e-mail.
    Friday the IRS stated you have never contacted them regarding our account. They suggested we make payment arrangements with them immediately.
    We did nothing wrong but want help with representation on our IRS debt...Now we paid $3600 to you and are dealing with the IRS on our own.

penny deel Feb 18, 2009

this is penny deel you know all the thing i can go and tell on my case and it will be alot more then you just said trying to look good ? people just go to the bbb and look!!! i will put my name so ATR can look up my case that JAMES CATIPAY had on me and you know the sick man that left the co. then i find hes not sick he foold you and me i gave you the proof he as is own co. he stared on GOBIG.COM i send you all the papers on this and YOU YOU ATR still did not do nothing for me never gave me a new person when he left or told me he left and when he was still thare and i tride to tell someone he doing nothing no phone call no paper wook i got copys of my file from the irs it was 2 papers for ATR thats it you put me in more deut

penny deel Feb 18, 2009

all the papers you sent to the attorey general office was fake i still have them and i have my copy you had me for a how long and have a new co. OMNI thay fixed your job you did to me and stop all the happening and set me good with the IRS in 6 WEEKS YOU ARE LOSER AND I CAN GO ON AND ON !!! JUST LOOK AT MY FILE THE NANE IS PENNY DEEL IAM PUTTING IT OUT THARE IAM TELLING THE TRUTH !!! BEWARE OF THEM OMNI IS GOOD ATR SUCKS

penny deel Feb 18, 2009

ATR can call me you have my home number i called and called you and know one will call back i ask for james catipay mr.maurice and MR FRANK STINER. I faxed papers on the fax saying call me please. i have all the copys still NO CALL .TILL I FAXED A PAPER FROM GO BIG NETWORK JAMES COMPANY BIG IDEA CORPORATION. THEN I GOT A CALL WARE DID I GET THAT PAPER I TOLD YOU AND YOU SAID I WILL CALL YOU BACK THAT WAS 9/25/2007 YET IT IS 2/18/2009 STILL NO CALL BACK I KNOW THIS IS ALL TRUE WHY IAM TRYING TO HELP MY SELF TO AND WORK WITH YOU AS A TEAM THARE WAS NO TEAM YOU GOT MY MONEY

penny deel Feb 20, 2009

to atr we all live on the same block ?KNOW! i dont know them and thay dont know me it is not just this page that as complaints on YOU! BBB 60 complaints go to [redacted].com as 8 and thares more i printed the bbb report when you had 6 and i did not file a complaint on bbb you are not a member the more i look the more complaints i find AS YOU SAY IN YOUR BLOG JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT THATS THE SAME THING I WAS TOLD WHEN YOU TOOK MY MONEY THAT IS WAS A SWIFT CASE ?????

penny deel Feb 20, 2009

you say MAKE NO MISTAKE-- YOU WILL NOT BE SATSFIED WITH THE RESULTS .yes you are right I AM NOT . SO NOW DO YOU GOING TO TAKE ME TO COURT .I SAY LETS GO . AND THANK YOU I WILL BE THARE.

• Qu
    Quadjo Mar 23, 2009

They billed me $4, 200 and have a written agreement to resolve my case within 6 months and here it is 2 years later NOTHING has been resolved. They never call me for an update till I call them. Whenever I get to talk to them it seems like a new indiviual ALWAYS is handling the case. The have a setup system to stall you through a couple of years while doing nothing, never calling you back. They file a few documents to make it look good and thats it.

I filed Power of Attorney and Personal Finances 3 times. each time they tell me the reason is because the new tax attorney ( I seriously doubt that they are qualified tax attorneys). They are VERY RUDE when you challege them as to their unresponsive behavior. They try to intimidate you to take their word for it. I requested a refund of my money and was told that if I did that then they will have to charge me by the hour from the start of the case and that will be a huge amount so I should just have them continue. They have done an OIC which I know the IRS will reject. They sent me a letter saying that if the IRS rejects the OIC (offer In Compromise) to not contact them because I have exhausted my fees. I am absolutel MAD but I believe they will get what is coming to them. Madof probably thought he was getting away with his scheme but got caught, The Bile says that God is not one to mocked because whatever a man sows is what hw will reap. I am unemployed now and could use this money so essentially they a preying on people with problems which I fault the IRS because they could make the process easier on the average person and get these problems resolved without THESE THIEVES geting involved.

Add me to the law suit. [email protected]

• Fm
    fmc017 Apr 06, 2009

Add me also. I paid Tax Advantage 4800.00 to assist me and I have gotten nothing but additional issues. Paperwork faxed well in advance and still had my wages garnished. Still waiting for information and still have not recieved any calls back. I will be reporting them to the Califorina CPA assoication. They will need to answer to them.

Add me also [email protected]

• Om
    Omar Apr 08, 2009

Add me in. I signed on with ATR in July 2007 with Mike Hill. At first they told me the fee was 5, 400 dollars which I paid. He then called me back in Februray 2008 saying that I need to pay another 5, 000 because they didn't know my debt was so large. It is now April 2009, nothing has been resolved. Interest and penalties are accruing on a daily basis and my case has been switched to 3 or 4 different people including Mike Hill, James Catipay and then Deb Neilan who mysteriously went on medical leave. I went 6 months without hearing from anyone and then find out that catipay and mike hill left the company. I filed paperwork to block the irs from placing a lien, guess what. ATR was never in contact with the IRS, so the IRS placed a lien on me. I talked to the IRS and they said ATR has not filed any paperwork with them. The IRS said that they would be able to remove my penalties if someone would have contacted them. They have never even heard of ATR. If I pay someone $11, 000 for services they have not completed, shouldn't I get a refund or at least an explanation. The IRS even told me that they should take the 11, 000 I paid ATR and give it to the IRS to help pay down my debt.. I agreed. They knew right off the bat I didn't qualify for OIC, yet they have dragged this out all the while never being in contact or filing paperwork with the IRS. Everytime I got a notice from the IRS, ATR just said forward it to us. I mailed it to them and they did nothing. The IRS said that I should sue, but I am so sick and tired of dealing with attorneys. I just want to settle my case and move on with my life.. Add me [email protected]

TaxResolutionSpecialist Apr 10, 2009

Make a complaint with the Office of Professional Responsibility. I have attached the information you need to contact them, which is also available on www.irs.gov.

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) At-a-Glance

Mission

The Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) establishes and enforces consistent standards of competence, integrity and conduct for tax professionals (enrolled agents, attorneys, CPAs, and other individuals and groups covered by IRS Circular 230.

Strategic Priorities

OPR supports the IRS strategy to enhance enforcement of the tax law and to ensure that attorneys, accountants and other tax practitioners adhere to professional standards and follow the law.

Headquarters

Washington, DC 20224

Phone Number: (202) 927-3397
    Fax Number: (202) 622-2207

Program Background

The Office of Professional Responsibility provides education and outreach to the tax professional community and administers the enrolled agent exam. To support the IRS' strategic priorities, OPR ensures the integrity and credibility of the American tax system by working through tax professionals and with IRS operating divisions and functions. Circular 230 changes have created a need to increase awareness among tax professionals regarding the consequences of non-compliance. This awareness, plus increased enforcement and additional legislation, should help deter non-compliance.

Business Objectives

To increase the percentage of tax professionals who do adhere to professional standards and follow the law by:

Establishing procedures to identify and address the most egregious non-compliance cases
    Strengthening partnerships with tax professionals
    Establishing and communicating standards of conduct for tax practitioners
    Establishing and maintaining a system of tax practitioner oversight
    Rejuvenating the referral process
    Publicizing actions taken to promote the integrity of the system and deter further non-compliance
    Establishing and administering a system of sanctions for tax practitioners who fail to observe standards of conduct

• Tr
    TrulyUnhappy May 04, 2009

Currently going through the same problems with ADVANTAGE TAX RESOLUTION. This company defrauded me for $4, 800.00. I would like to start a class action lawsuit as well. If you were defrauded as well, please contact me at: [email protected]

Kevin B.

TaxResolutionSpecialist May 05, 2009

Turn them in to the office of professional responsibility! Close down these scammers!!

TaxResolutionSpecialist May 09, 2009

IRS Suspends Tax Practitioner for Failing To Provide Service Related to Offers in Compromise

WASHINGTON — An enrolled agent was suspended from practice before the Internal Revenue Service by the Office of Professional Responsibility on April 6 for not performing services related to offers in compromise (OIC) paid for by taxpayers.

Enrolled Agent Richard Hargus worked in California for two separate, now defunct companies that specialized in tax resolution services, which included submitting OICs to the IRS.

Multiple taxpayers paid the companies for Hargus to resolve their income tax liabilities through the OIC program. In many instances, the taxpayers either did not receive the services for which they paid or received very little assistance with resolving their tax issues.

An offer in compromise is an agreement between a taxpayer and the IRS that settles the taxpayer’s tax liabilities for less than the full amount owed. Absent special circumstances, if a taxpayer has the ability to fully pay the tax liability in a lump sum or through installment agreement payments, an offer in compromise generally will not be accepted.

Tax practitioners are subject to the regulations issued under Treasury Department Circular 230. Specifically Circular 230 provides that a practitioner must exercise due diligence in preparing or assisting in the preparation of, approving, and filing of tax returns, documents, affidavits, and other papers relating to Internal Revenue Service matters.

Following an investigation by the IRS, Hargus admitted a lack of due diligence in these taxpayers’ situations. The IRS suspended Hargus from practice for a period of time lasting at least 18 months.

The IRS is taking a closer look at tax resolution companies, and is also litigating known OIC abuses to ensure that tax professionals fulfill their legal and ethical obligations to their clients in dealing with IRS tax matters.

• Ju
    Judy Davidson Jun 05, 2009

Sadly, I am, but another case against Advantage Tax Resolution.
    Mine is ongoing since October of 2008, with no results to date.
    No return phone calls, no verification of actions with the IRS on
    my behalf.
    I, just now hung up the phone, with a very rude young lady, who
    told me that she was "Just the receptionist, and could not tie up the
    line", when I asked to hold for Mr. Ryan Harmon, my associate.
    I have called and e-mailed countless times with no response.
    It's recording after recording, and message after message.
    I paid $ 3900 in full last October for what I was told "a slam-dunk"
    in my tax problems from 2006.
    Just let me know, when the ball gets rolling, what I can do to help,
    and I promise you that although my fees are small in comparison to
    others... I will fight to the end and be an asset to this lawsuit.
    Please feel free to contact me ..
    Mrs. Judy Davidson
    18 Tarkenton Drive
    Humboldt, Tn. 38343
    731 267 5932
    e-mail [email protected]

TaxResolutionSpecialist Jul 01, 2009

How to File a Complaint Against Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Enrolled Agents, and Enrolled Actuaries

A complaint should be written in a letter format. The letter should include the tax practitioner's name, address, telephone number, designation (i.e., attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, enrolled actuary, etc.), a detailed description of the allegations, and any documents that support those allegations. Please direct all questions and referrals to:

Internal Revenue Service
    Office of Professional Responsibility
    SE:OPR, Room 7238/IR
    1111 Constitution Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20224

or by facsimile at 202-622-2207

or you may email us at [email protected]

Saveahrse Aug 28, 2009

i also used Adv Tax Resolution and after 2 years they did nothing for me. I finally called the IRS myself and worked out a resolution on my own. This company is a fraud they never return your calls and are not working for you there customer. If you are filing a class action suite you can count me in. [email protected]

• Ok
    Oklahoma Bill Oct 21, 2009

I just spent $3200.00 with these jerks. I did everything exactly as requested. The IRS flatly refused every document they sent in. Now when I try to contact them, I get a recording that says something like "they are defining their staffing needs because they've decided to go green. Leave a message and they'll call back" Good luck on that. They'd barely call back before. And, how does a group of lawyers go "green"? Add me to any class action that can be initiated.

TaxResolutionSpecialist Oct 21, 2009

Oklahoma Bill-
    Go directly to www.irs.gov and file a complaint against the company
    Please see my post on the Office of Professional Responsibility and follow the instructions. These bogus tax professionals must be shut down as quickly as possible! If I can be of assistance in filing your complaint, please contact me.

• Bf
    B. Fairfax Oct 26, 2009

Joining the rest of the group as Advantage Tax Resolution charged us $5800 and will NOT return telephone calls or acknowledge faxes. All personal information was provided them ... the really frightening part.

They need to be stopped! Count us in!

• Be
    Beth in NE Nov 08, 2009

Ryan Harmon is a name that I recognize from the package of promises that he made in our case. Once he received our money (6, 900) he was no longer in the picture and the fun started. I have called numerous times to get No call back and No help. They are very rude and take advantage of people at the lowest time of their lives and should be stopped.

I have worked with them since October 2008, last week I had my wages garnished my biggest fear. I called Tax Advantage for some help in the matter and the response was that the Federal and State representatives do not want to work with them and they have left several messages with No success. I then called my local State representative, which I was able to get through in two rings. I was able to get an agreement for a payment in 10 minutes. I have followed every direction and every demand that Tax Advantage made and I could have done all of this and saved 6, 900. I am in on the Class Action, thanks .

Mark Jan 15, 2010

I would like to present this case to the United States Attorney Generals Office ASAP but will need every ones cooperation by sending all pertinent documents to the listed address:

Det. M. Gaunt
    P.O. Box 178
    Kearny, NJ 07032

• Wh
    White Jan 15, 2010

I will send you a copy of all the documents, I have I paid these guys a pretty penny and it turned out to be a rip off and con artist deal!
    They told the IRS agent they did not represent clients but rather medigate and negotiate!

That is not what we hired them for!!!Further they told me I was speaking to the owner and I believe that not to be true. The Chamber of Commerc in their community told me they would get lots of complaints but it was not in their hand to resolve the issue.

Send me an email and I will foward all my documentation.

• Bi
    Bigralph777 Jan 24, 2010

In March 2009 I retained Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. to represent me concerning my debt to the IRS. They told me it would be a flat fee in the amount of $3, 900.00. I paid this fee via credit card. They sent me some paper work to complete, including papers authorizing them to act as my legal representative. I completed this paper work and sent it back to them.

In April 2009 they requested information concerning my situation. I provided the information they requested. In October 2010 the IRS requested some additional information and told me not to take any additional actions at that time, I would hear from them in 45 days. I provided that information to the IRS and provided a copy to Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc.

In January 2010 the IRS began to levy my income. I called and asked them what happened. I told them that I retained Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. as my legal representative. I was told that they have the form showing that Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. is my legal representative. I was also told that they sent a notice to Advantage in December 2010, requesting that I provide a payment plan, but Advantage Tax Resolution never responded. I told them that I never d received a copy of the notice.

I've been calling Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. at (661) 367-2330, Ext. 1100 since January 11, 2010. I get a message asking me to leave my zip code, name and telephone number and someone will call me back in 2 to 3 days. I've left numerous messages but have not received a return call. I've also sent them a certified letter with a signature acknowledgement of receipt, requesting that they give me a call. Based on the records they have received the letter but still hasn't returned my call.

• Sh
    sherrychao56 Feb 13, 2010

count me in, same as all the other stories. $3400. i want to get these b*stards.
    [email protected]
    jerks!

• Th
    themaninthebox Jun 27, 2010

Advantage Tax Resolution, Inc. is owned solely by California attorney Francisco Nogales, State Bar #212819.

If you have an issue that you are unable to resolve by calling the owner directly at 661-367-2330, you can file a STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA complaint which will threaten his license to practice law. Most people fail to properly fill out the complaint, and they fail to read the instructions. Don't forget #7! Here is the link.

Good luck to you.

• Ze
    zetaliberation Jun 30, 2010

Former tax attorney James Catipay is the minority owner of Herbalcure marijuana dispensary located at 11318 West Pico Blvd in Los Angeles. Herbalcure is valued at over $2 million. Hope you get your money back.

• Ze
    zetaliberation Jul 02, 2010

If any one wants to serve James Catipay with legal papers he made his address at 767 Isabel Street apt #2 LA, Ca 90065 a matter of public record when James submitted papers to a court for his partner in the drug dealing business Peter Tejera who is the disgraced former president of Mepco Oil. James Catipay owns the apartment building at 767 Isabel but has it in the name of Johnny Dang in an effort to hide his assets. James Catipay filed a bankruptcy a few years ago in Ohio. Peter Tejera owes California over a half a million dollars as a result of the fraud at Mepco Oil which was a company that shorted approximately one million Californians on gas. The telephone number of the marijuana dispensary owned by James Catipay and Peter Tejera is also a matter of public record. The number is 310 312 5215. The fax number is 310 312 5203. The e mail address of James Catipay is [email protected]

Peter Tejera is a convicted woman beater as he beat a woman with a belt.
    The wife of James Catipay, Beverly Yadado Palacio claims to be the niece of Filipino executive secretary Eduardo Ermita. Perhaps you could ask him to refund your money. Beverly, although not an American citizen worked at the marijuana dispensary in a management position and sold marijuana. I don't think America needs to import drug dealers. We have plenty.

Marco Brown Jul 06, 2010

Everything I've read is so true, this company took Advantage, how ironic. They should be held accountable. What eve it takes count me in. I paid 3, 200.00 with two kids it's been 3 yrs and nothing at all. The IRS statements are still gaining interests with absolutely no help from Advantage Tax. If you call 661-367-2330 on their web page a recording stating this number is temp. disconnected. Oh yes please let's get those dirty B------s . email at [email protected]

jamescatipay Jun 17, 2012

This is James Catipay. And if your reading this post, you probably googled my name and saw this link. Well, I just saw it too on June 17, 2012. And I was sad to see it because I like good press only. Anyway, I thought I could write my own note to WHOEVER is reading this about me before you make judgement about me. Fair enough?

First to Ms Deel. I am sorry about your dealings with Advantage Tax Resolution. I left the firm early 2007. You only spoke to the salespeople. The salespeople collected your money. Your fee was probably $3, 200. I was the salaried attorney ($50, 000 per year). I needed a job when I moved here to California. I left because its tough to watch non-lawyers take advantage of desperate clients. I do not know you personally, but Advantage Tax Resolution has been using my IRS CAF license for years. But for you Ms Deel ... I am truly sorry that you got scammed along with many thousands of tax clients across the country. Many of the firms now are closed down like American Tax Relief and TaxMasters. I do hope your case has since been resolved. If not, when I start my online practice soon, I will handle your case for free if it is not resolved.

And to anyone else who was scammed by any of the these tax firms. I am truly truly sorry that you were taken advantage of during an emotional time such as dealing with the IRS. I haven't worked for a tax firm since 2007 so if you heard my name at any other firm, you weren't talking to me. Some firms have been using my CAF License. All my current clients know who I am and that I am a solo practitioner. So I am sorry if other firms have scammed you. I hope you have found competent representation. I wish there was a way for you to get your money back from these firms.

And to anyone reading this ... yes YOU! I graduated from Thomas M Cooley Law School earning my JD in 2002. I passed the Michigan Bar exam in 2002. I am an active member in good standing with the Michigan Bar. Please see this link or cut and paste it. http://michbar.org/memberdirectory/detail.cfm?PID=63876 In 2003, I graduated from Boston University School of Law's Graduate Tax Program earning my Master of Laws in Taxation LLM. I have been actively practice tax law since May 22, 2002 against the Internal Revenue Service.

In 2007 I Co-Founded Herbalcure, a Los Angeles Medical Marijuana Collective. Herbalcure has been a pillar of the West Los Angeles community. We do our best to work with our local government, residents and businesses. We have cleaned up the area with our 24 hour security. It is unfortunate I read many bad things, but please trust me...They are all lies. Herbalcure is hopefully here to stay and continue to be one of the best collectives in California. Herbalcure is in good standing as well with the State of California Go to this link http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/cbs.aspx and click corporation and type in HERBALCURE CORPORATION.

Before you make judgement, I am personally writing to defend my name and the company I help built. Everything is legal. I didn't do any harm to anyone. I am sorry you have to read all these bad things on the internet. But don't believe it all. You will know the truth soon at ... and if you have a tax problem ... come soon to www.jamescatipay.com

Thanks for at least taking the time to read what I had to say Sorry again to the tax clients out there scammed by those shady tax firms. I promise you that you never were dealing with me ...

James

• Br
    Brisco Jul 16, 2012

Here is the Lawer who was assigned my case with Advantage Tax Resolutions.and did absolutely nothing."James Catipay"
    Resurfaced and Selling a do it yourself "TAX RELIEF" program for $299
    What a pair this guy must have, I say we get a rope
    Have him tie it to the ceiling then go piss up it!

jamescatipay Aug 04, 2012

Mr Brisco
    I am sorry Advantage Tax Resolution took advantage of you (no pun intended). I left ATR in 2007. They were using my name. You were not dealing with me. I do hope your tax problem was resolved. Regarding your tax debt ... Pay it or set up an installment agreement unless you can show you have low income and no assets and you may qualify for a settlement.
    James

• Be
    Beth in NE Aug 07, 2012

I am reading your posting and I am really having a hard time believing that you are innocent and that you did nothing to prevent your name for being used to victimize people. You have no idea the Hell that you put me and my family through at one of the lowest points of my life. You stated that you needed a job, that is a really poor excuse for getting your self involved in such a scam. Nothing is going to make what you and Advantage Tax did and that was mislead and steal from innocent people in the time of need. I took care of my tax issue but it certainly was not with your help or with the help of Advantage Tax. I paid 7000 towards your 50, 000 salary, money that should have been used for my family!!