Advances Interventional Pain Management — Mistreatment of patients

These people will get you hooked on opiates (narcotic) drugs, and get high pay offs from drug companies, then kick you out for minute reasons, without offering you help to detox. Their main Doctor, Dr. Meloy, is too interested in patentng his 'orgasmotron" and having his face shown on the news, than he is with his patents realproblems which is dealing with pain. I understand the DEA is coming down on alot of pain clinics across the U.S with all the Michael Jackson ### that has occured, but as of last week AIPM slapped everyone with a random drug test, the first ive seen done in the 6 years going there, and would not let anyone leave the building until they peed in their little cup. I seen 90 year old people begging to be let out and the nurses were just total ###, saying "No you cant leave until you pee'. There was even this one poor old lady that was very dependent on her meds that was on oxygen, that was starting to go through withdrawls, and they wouldnt give her shot until she pissed in her cup. I mean there were cancer patients, old seniors in wheel chairs, all kinds, hell most of them dont even know what a drug test is. I felt so sorry for them, if you could have seen the look on their faces. It was like AIPM knew they had them by the balls and found it quite humorous that they knew they couldnt go ANYWHERE till they got their piss sample. We even heard one of the nurses tell another while laughing that they couldnt waitto hear the stories these "old senile mother ###ers" are gonna have to tell. And the other replied. "Who's gonna believe them, their senile" and they both laughed it off. I seen an old lady try to leave and the nurse grabbed her wheelchair and yank her back in the door and tell her to "Stay the hell there and do go any where". Some of them were even in adult diapers and the nurses yanked them off and didnt even offer them another. They yanked out cathiters of the ones with bladder problems, one was crying and a nurse told her to stop crying, she had nothing to cry about, all with the threat of not getting the medicine they so desperatelt needed. It was appalling. They made one poor girl sit back there for 3 hours because she was handicapped and couldnt "go" with someone standing there right beside her, hellmost people cant. I heard them tellher to stay there till they figure out what their gonna do with her. I mean, what were they gonna do...shoot her? This place showed just how unprofessional they were and how uncompassionate they were toward their patients. I understand that they were just doing what the DEA asked them to do, but the way they acted was just uncalled for. Needless to say, my loved one and I will never step foot place in this hell hole again, and i warn anyone in Forsyth County NC, who has a doctor that has referred them to go to AIPM, please suggest another place. Their legalized drug dealers, that will get you hooked, then piss on you literaly, when your medically and mentally hooked on the drugs they push. Thank-You

Maribeth49 Sep 08, 2009

I am very familiar with this establishment and I have to totally disagree with the comments posted. Sounds to me that "InPain247" must have failed their drug test because they were doing something that they should not have been doing..ie..illegal narcotics. I took mine last week without any fanfare. But of course, I do not have anything to hide since I take my medication as prescribed and I do not do any illegal drugs.

I have been a patient at AIPM for over a year and they have only treated me with respect and dignity as well as significantly decreasing my pain with injections and medications. Everything in the "InPain247" post is a fabricated LIE about this pain clinic. I have never seen anything like these claims. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this clinic over any other in the whole state of NC.

• In
    InPain247 Sep 09, 2009

Actually, for your information, i wasnt even given a drug test. Im not even a patient there, my mother is and ive been going out there with her for the past 6 years. I didnt want to involve her but since you came on here flapping your gums, youve given me no choice. Your probably someone that works there trying to save their a$$. Never was she once given a drug test, nor does she have anything to hide or do any type of illegal street drugs or anything that isnt prescribed to her...EVER. She's 76 years old for christ sake. If you had read the post like an intellitectual induvidual, it said we HAD never had a problem with them other than the day we went, and if you werent a senior citizen, or mentally handicapped, then you probably wouldnt have noticed anyway. Maybe if you were a little bit off in the head, which she is a little being as old as she is, you would have been treated differently. The poor people that hadnt ever taken a drug test before were being treated like drug fiends because they couldnt pee on cue. She nor they had nothing to hide and from talking to alot of them, they also got kicked out for not being able to piss in a cup with somene standing right beside of them.she even offered to give them blood instead but they refused in a very rude way. And the ones they kicked out, The clinic didnt even offer any type of detox help for the ones that were on a hardcore opiate regiment. That dangerous, very dangerous. Some are also on Benzos, which if you suddenly stop taking can cause seziures and even death. Yes, AIPM WAS a reliable place to go, but they changed.Im sorry if you were too caught up in yourself to realize it, but one small slip up, no matter what, and you will see. And nothing in my post above was fabricated, i have no reason to lie about anything and i have PLENTY of witnesses that will back me up. Once they take you off your dope and leave you out to dry, you will fully understand what i am talking about. What...are you one of those old ladies whos husband cant get them off, and you depend on Meloy and his "Orgasmotron" to satisfy your cravings?? Thats pretty pathetic, but funny. Slave.

JohnHouse73 Sep 09, 2009

Sounds to me that InPain247 was taking his "mommy's drugs" and is now pissed off since his supply just got shut down.

• Su
    supercop Sep 09, 2009

I have been a patient there for 7yrs. I have never had a problem with there services. I had a drug test there also and I was there last thursday. I did not see any of that happening and did not have any problems giving them the drug screen. I can understand the DEA cracking down on the narcotics. I am a police for the Forsyth County, so I see what is happening with the selling of these narcotics on the street. There are young kids that are getting hold of these drugs. If you are taking the medicines like you are prescribed then you should have nothing to worry about. Maybe the problem is that your mother was actually supplying you and now you can't get your high on or maybe can't make your money now. Come on be realistic the things that you said does not even make since. If a practice really treated patients that way they would be closed down. Just suck it up and find you another clinic if you have not been kicked out of all of them yet. I really dont think its your mother, I think it was you and you have been busted!

• Jr
    jrobillard73 Sep 09, 2009

I CAME ACROSS THIS WEBSITE BY ACCIDENT WHILE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT AT AIPM FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND HAVE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. WITHOUT THEIR HELP, I WOULD BE PRACTICALLY AN INVALID, (I AM PRETTY YOUNG) AND HAVE AVERY LOW QUALITY OF LIFE. THEY HAVE HAVE CHAGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER...ACTUALLY, THEY HAVE GIVEN ME A LIFE AND I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I WAS THERE THE DAY OF THE DRUG TESTING AND I DIDINT MIND AT ALL (IT JUST TOOK ME A WHILE TO URINATE BECAUSE I AM SOOO BLADDER SHY...LOL) BECAUSE I NEVER TAKE ANY DRUGS THAT ARE ILLEGAL OR THAT ARE NOT PRESCRIBED TO ME. I THINK CERTAIN PEOPLE MIGHT BE UPSET OVER THAT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY WILL FAIL. ALSO, THE STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL AND CURTEOUS. I LOVE AMANDA ZIMMERMAN AND DR. MALLOY (SO DID MY HUSBAND, HE WAS A FORMER PATIENT, AND ABSOLUTLEY LOVED AIPM). THEY ARE SO CARING AND KIND AND YOU CAN TELL THAT THEY REALLY WANT WHATS BEST FOR YOU. I DONT KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD SAY OTHERWISE. I HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO RECOMMEND AIPM TO ANYONE WHO IS IN NEED OF SUPERB QUALITY PAIN MANAGEMENT.

• In
    InPain247 Sep 11, 2009

Are you freakin serious?? First off, no, i dont steal my mothers meds. She needs them too badly, and no, ive never even been a part of AIPM. Are you that naive? You will all find out the ugly truth one day and i will have no sympathy for any of you. Im not trying to be mean but if you had seen what i did and heard what i did, then youd understand. Im done wasting my (and obviously yalls) time with this.

• I am an officer for a sheriff's department and I admire an office that do random drug tests and keep track of the medications they prescribe. All the offices should be more like this and some of this "trash" would be kept off the streets! I do not believe one word from in pain 24/7! Sounds more like your are on drugs 24/7 for other uses besides pain and you got busted. I am very familiar with this aipm practice and i do not believe a single word you say negative. None of this happened the way you say it did, you are obviously nothing but a liar who lost out on getting more prescriptions. Hiding behind a computer making false accusations is easy so it is pretty obvious that you are nothing but a lying drug addict whose cookie jar got busted! These people should sue your stupid, drug-using ### for all the lying comments that you made but they have better things to do than worry about a drug addict's lying comments. I have heard the comment "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...in your case 24/7, "Hell hath no fury like a busted no-good drug addict scorned and I would definitely not be afraid to tell you to your stupid, lying face! I am glad they busted you and never have to see your ugly face again! You go AIPM!

• Gr
    greeneyes56 Jan 19, 2010

I totally disagree with InPain247, I have been going to these doctors there since 1996 and they have really tried hard to help me to get my pain under control. I have been to 3 other different pain doctors and these doctors has helped me more than any other pain doctor, (not to be putting down any doctors out there). I totally agree with you Maribeth49, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this clinic over any other in the whole state of NC. I live about an hour away from them and there are some pain clinics closer to me and I would rather make that long drive to there rather than go to one closer to me. They have my up most respect and as much as they have tried to help me I will pee in a cup as many times as they need me to. Also when my husbands business got real slow due to the economy we couldn't afford to pay them for quite a while, I'm talking about many months and months and they never refused to see me, they even worked with me and they let me pay them when I could and plus they have never doped me up.
    Also for you to say that these nurses said while laughing that they couldn't wait to hear the stories these "old senile mother _ _ _ _ _ _ _" are gonna have to tell, I don't believe that for one minute, I know most of those nurses there and I have never in 13 years of going there once a month heard any nurses talk like that and also how do you know that they yanked out catheters of the ones with bladder problems? Were you in the room with them? I don't think so, everything is done behind closed doors. So shame on you for bad mouthing the doctors that are trying so hard to help us ones with bad pain and to be honest if I were those doctors I would come after you for slander. I really feel sorry for your mother and I hope that she finds a doctor that YOU will be happy with and also I think that your mother should have washed your mouth while you were growing up, for you to talk like that to Maribeth49 like that is highly uncalled for. It seems like you are one of those people that doesn't like for anyone to disagree with you and for you have to use awful language like that is uncalled for. I applaud everyone on here that left a comment for InPain247 . I was practically bedridden and these doctors has given me back some of my life, I thank God that he led me to them. I will be praying for you and for your mother to get better.

• Ka
    kathy_davis30 Feb 03, 2011

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH INPAIN247, ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT THE CATHETERS, JUST BE LOGIC, CATHETERS HOLD URINE, URINE IS WHAT THEY NEED TO TEST, SO WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY NEED TO YANK OUT A CATHETER, WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST EMPTY OUT A SMALL AMOUNT TO TEST, I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE 3 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN RANDOMLY BEEN TESTED, NEVER FAILED, AND THE DRS THERE ARE THE MOST CARING AND CONSIDERATE DRS I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH, THEY HAVE HELPED ME SO MUCH IN GAINING BACK CONTROL OVER MY LIFE BY HELPING ME DEAL WITH THE PAIN, I HAVE A COLLAPSING SPINE AND HAVE HAD SEVERAL SURGERIES TO INSERT RODS AND BOLTS TO HOLD MY SPINE UP, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, YEP SEEMS LIKE INPAIN247 GOT BUSTED ALL RIGHT, HUH?

AngelSouthern Aug 26, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Maloy and Ernie from AIPM!!! The statements from this person are truly false. First of all the paperwork you sign to become a patient for this office clearly states drug testing is a process in which they use on their patients. I highly agree with this practice. I signed the paper of consent. It helps to keep people from abusing drugs while in the program. It also helps to keep caregivers of incompetent patients from stealing the medications of their patients. While test patients it not only lets them know it patients are using illegal drugs while in the program but also lets them know if the patients are using the drugs they have prescribed. For example if MOTHER is prescribed a narcotic and test negative for this narcotic during the drug test it let's them know MOM has NOT been taking her med. So WHO has? After being in a head on collision in 2013 it devastated my life. After several surgeries and still more to come I have been in terrible pain. Dr. Maloy has helped to keep my pain at a minimum. Without the help of this office I wouldn't be able to walk without simply giving up due to the pain. I hate having to take all my meds due to the fact of the impact they will eventually have on my liver. My passenger while in the wreck was killed. I don't understand Gods reasoning for all of this happening but I do thank him every night in my prayers for All my Dr.s including those of AIPM for helping me to live my life as normal as I possibly can. While having to take these narcotics that I so much do not like Dr. Maloy is trying a procedure they call burning of the nerve. It did not work the first time but as he explained it seldom does. So on to the next try. They are trying to give me a life that will eventually be narcotic free and for that I am grateful. As far as the statements made in this initial report. Completely false. I have never had someone watch me urinate in a cup. I am given my cup and away to the restroom on my own I go. If someone was watching me go that would be just fine with me because I have nothing to hide. The walls of the offices are very thin I do admit that. So I can hear other conversations sometime waiting to see the Dr. I did hear the Dr. tell one patient that she tested positive for cocaine and would not be seen by the office anymore. GREAT !!! I also heard one elderly lady explain that her grandson and a friend came to visit while her meds were in her bathroom in a med cabinet. When they left her medication was all gone. She along with the daughter explained they had a police report saying the same thing. The Dr. told her that the mids were her responsibility and that a police report didn't really mean anything to them. Anybody can make a police report. He didn't however throw her out of program. He told her he would have to make a note in her chart flagging her. She would now be required to report to office once a month and they would be monitoring her closely for a few months. She also needed to find another place to store her meds. Under lock and key. GREAT!!! Keeping drugs away from kids is a MUST!!! As far as ripping diapers off of patients and making them pee. Well that is just totally untrue. Where did they do all of this? Out in the waiting room for all to see. They have a small bathroom in back where the rooms are where you take urine test and the statements made by the obviously somebody with a ax to grind are completely absurd. For someone needing help with actual pain this is a haven for you. For someone wanting to get drugs to take, sell, or abuse WELL THIS WOULD NOT BE THE PLACE FOR YOU!!! Thank goodness for that.

• Tm
    TM1004 Aug 23, 2016

I only needed read one thing to know this was total crap...they pulled a catheter out...really??? No, they would have gotten the urine from the catheter...sometimes labs will cath people for UDSs when they are unable to produce urine. So that alone told me it wasn't true. I am not a fan of this place & I do think the whole company needs to be replaced with PAIN MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS as the physicians who are there are controlled by the companies "policies" & do not have the gonads to go against the system & stand up for their patients. The "company" is not present in the room with the patient, the doctors are & if the "company" will hire competent PROFESSIONAL PAIN MANAGEMENT then they would not need cookie cutter policies.