Adipose RXUnauthorized charges

B

This is such a scam. I randomly got a bottle of pills in the mail with no invoice. When I googled it it said to watch for fradulent charges on your credit card. I found it for 34.84 on my Mastercard! Who are these people? I never authorized that! SCAM!

Jospeh A. Sheridan Jan 31, 2010

I am doing my taxex and notice a charge for $34.84 from Adipose RX---[protected]. We have attempted to reach them, but to no avail.

This is a fraudulent charge and I will prosecute this through the Office of Consumer Fraud--Attorney General of Illinois

Charlotte lotta Jul 20, 2009

I had this name and telephone number on my bill, so I called the number in April and told them I do not know what this is.The lady Darina said I will put the money back in your account in 10 days.Check your next statment and it will be back in your account, will now it is July and I have been calling every month and the phone don't ring.What can we do about it? I guess we are out of the money.

• Ci
    Cindy May 29, 2009

Back in March I notice a charge of $38. something and a smaller international charge to my account. This whole thing caused a overdraft fee to be charged to my account. The credit union waived the fee. I called the 800 # that was posted on my statement. I have called that number several times and always receive a different person witha different story. Basically they say that my money will be refunded to me within 10-15 business days. The last person I spoke with gave me a confirmation # and informed me I was charged double and I now have a $69. refund coming to me. I wasn't sure how that was p ossible b/c my statement online only showed the one charge. I was suspious and tried calling today and now I get a recording telling me to check the number. In trying to look all over the internet to try to find this company, I found this website.

• Ka
    Kathy Mueller May 04, 2009

I too got an unsolisited bottle of adipose. What is going on? I did not order this how can they do this? I haven't yet checked my mastercard bill but after reading all these complaints I am sure going to. If they are charging me I hope the credit card company can do something about it.

• Mo
    mo_gro May 04, 2009

Yet another fraudulent charge. Has anyone thought of filing a class action lawsuit against these guys? If I started one, would anyone be willing to join me so that it could qualify as a class action lawsuit?

• Li
    Lin May 03, 2009

I have been charged on my credit card also by Adipose RX. I have never had any contact or correspondence with this company prior to these unauthorized charges. The first time i was charged they credited my account back. But this 2nd time they have not credited my account yet and I have called them 3 times about this and am about to call again.

• Hr
    hrswspr21 Apr 30, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me! I did get ahold of the Company, and the lady that answered my call asked me for my name and area code and told me that the charge would be removed. I also filed fraud charges with my CC company, and am having the CC canceled. My concern about the whole matter is, how the heck are they getting CC numbers? Obviously it's a scam and it needs to be stopped. We need to file a Class Action Law Suit against the company for a couple of million dollars so that everyone that has been scammed by these people can be compensated, we need to take these people down once an for all! Who's to say that they won't sell our CC numbers to others' who will do the same thing?

• Jr
    JRP Apr 28, 2009

I too found charges on my card that I di not authorize. I disputed the charges on my card and called the 800 number. They stated that they would fefund the charges. I'll let you know if that happens.

Sandra Reed Apr 27, 2009

I did not order anything from this company and they have a charge of $34.84 on my charge card! I'm calling my credit card company to challenge the card.

• Dj
    DJE Apr 25, 2009

I opened my credit card statement and there was $39.12...from this fradulent company...on a Saturday, had to cancel my card, , , , unable to use it until new one came in the mail...can't the Attorney General intervene and stop such consmer fraud...

• Da
    Dale Apr 22, 2009

I noticed two charges om my credit card statement from Adipose and one from from Carallumma Extreme. My credit card company was aware of the scam and is removing the charges and issuing a new card. I have no idea how this company got my credit card number.

marilyn j montorio Apr 20, 2009

charged for a weight lose product on a credit i haven't used in years and never ordered.

• En
    English Apr 12, 2009

I have just received a credt card statement on an account that has been closed for 2 years. I, too, have a mysterious charge in the amount of $34.84 from Adipose RX. I have never heard of this company, and when I called my credit card company, they were not able to tell me how a charge could appear on a closed account. How are these people getting these account numbers?? I will, of course, dispute the charge on my credit card, but has Adipose been willing to give refunds easily? I have not received anything in the mail as far as the pills go, but then again, I have moved since my account was closed. Have there been any legal charges filed against Adipose RX? I'm not sure if I should contact authorites or not regarding this matter. Good luck to all!

• Am
    Amy Apr 09, 2009

My credit card company notified me of possible fraudulent activity due to a charge inconsistent with my normal charging patterns, and sure enough when I call they say it's Adipose RX for $34.84 out of St. Kitts. This is a card I've had for a long time and RARELY ever use (maybe once every year, two years?). Don't know how they would have gotten it but the account's been closed and I'll be getting a new card in 7-10 business days. It used to be an MBNA Mastercard but now it's Bank of America.

• Ti
    TiredOfBeing Scammed Apr 08, 2009

These bandits sent me a bottle of herbal pills that I did not order. They hit my credit card for the same $34.84 that I am reading about all over the web. I didn't discover it until the third time, at which point I had to cancel my debit cards and wait a week for another one. Of course, these clowns are unreachable. They need to be jailed. No doubt they have gotten away with thousands or even hundreds of thousands $34.84 charges! The scary part for me was how I found it - I was checking my checking account to see if my $3K tax refund had arrived. It had the day before Adipose RX tapped me for the last two $34.84 charges. They could have wiped me out! Send 'em to jail!!

• Fr
    frankana Apr 07, 2009

Charges of $34.84 on my bank account.Never ordered anything and am fighting to get it credited to my account but keep getting the run around.

MARGARET HOYTE Apr 07, 2009

I was charged 3 times for products i nevwe order .
    how did these people got my info ?.

• Lk
    LKL Apr 03, 2009

Add me to the list of people scammed by adipose rx. This is the second time they have charged by debit card. The first was about 6 months ago and again this month.

Christina Anderson Apr 02, 2009

On my credit card I have a charge of $34.84 plus a foreign transaction fee of $1.03 from adipose rx. I have no idea what these charges are for because I have never ordered anything from them. When I call their number I get either a busy signal or put on hold forever. How do I get my money back?

• Rh
    Rhonda Phelps Apr 02, 2009

I noticed on our Master Card there was a charge of $34.84 form Adipose RX. I never heard of them, never orded from them, never gave them my credit card number and never recived anything from them. The only way I found out what I was charged for was look up their name of product on the internet. I found out they were crooks and they stole from me. I have no imformation on them. Don't know their address or phone number. Credit card co. is changing card and they are sending me papers to file dispute. Meam while I have to worry and change number to all the places I use.

Joe Apr 01, 2009

I just joined the crowd. I found the charge on my bank statement so I called the number on the statement and sure enough, they said they will forward my information to the IT department and take me off the mailing list. I should see the correction in 7 - 10 buisiness days. Angie was very pleasant, but I will be at the bank in the morning to get another card. So for the next week or so, I will be without a card because of this scam. I am not happy, there has to be a Federal Fraud Complaint hotline to deal with these people. I guess I will get the pills in the next day or two. I don't belong to a gym, I don't use paypal, and I only use the card locally, and not usually for internet transactions, so I don't know where they got my card number. Good Luck to everyone.

• Pa
    Patrick Mar 31, 2009

I have been ripped off by Adipose Rx and now Carallumma Extremee for 34.84 each transaction. I got credited back from Adipose and currently I am trying to get credited back from Carallumma. I don't know how these people are getting my bank information. I have never ordered from these places. Something has to be done.

• Kb
    KB in Florida Mar 31, 2009

I had fraudulent charges made to my debit card by Adipose Rx on March 27, 2009. I have already closed this card through my bank. Also, this crime can be reported to the FBI at www.ic3.gov.
    Let's stop them now.

• Ba
    Barry Weinbrom Mar 31, 2009

add me to the list of those being charged $34.84
    looking for the culprit - did anyone order a toothwhitener from
    Ionline.com which also is a scam and connected to a medical group
    called Wellness Watchers MD?

• Ka
    Kaos Mar 30, 2009

Yes, they magically got your name, address, and bank information, then were kind enough to send you a bottle of pills. IDIOT.

• Pa
    Pat Wright Mar 30, 2009

I received a bottle of pills, which I did not order. Then my bank account was charged $34.84 each on two different months.

I don't know who these people are, did not authorize any charges, nor order any of those products, and want people to be on the look out for this company, because they should be prosecuted, and jailed, and not have a chance to cause damage by their criminal activity.

• Da
    Dan Mar 29, 2009

I just got a call from the Fraud dept of my chase card and they said a charge of $34.84 tried to get get through but the Chase declined it. I haven't used this card in years. I did a balance transfer on it and have just been paying that off. This scam should be shut down Immediately!

• Dl
    DLH from Ohio Mar 27, 2009

Noticed charges for 34.84 on my credit card for items not purchased, under company names of Adipose RX, Carallumma, and Caralluma Extreme. I called one of the phone numbers next to the credit card charge (all three charges had different numbers). The person I talked to said the charges would stop, I would get my three unsolicited charges refunded, and I would get a notice within 5-7 days of the credit. I immediately called my CC company and had them cancel my card and issue a new one with a different account number to make sure it stops.

I asked the person I talked to at "Adipose RX" how I was charged for something I did not order from a company I had never heard of. He said it must have been related to an Internet purchase I made. I know from an experience my wife had with a similar issue in the past that there are companies that "piggyback" on some websites for online purchases, and there are cases where you have to "uncheck" a box to keep from ordering something you have no idea you are ordering. My guess is that is what Adipose / Carallumma is doing.

• Mo
    monikasd Mar 27, 2009

Checked my Credit Card statement and it had a charge of $34.84 on it from ADIPOSE RX. Never have I ordered from this company. Actually I have never heard of them until a few moments ago. Submitted a dispute to Capitol One. This is a fraudelent charge!

• Jl
    JLB Mar 27, 2009

I too am now privy to this scam. I recieved the charge to a credit card of mine that I use for paying only 1 bill. The bill is for my gym membership at Urban Active Fitness. i am wondering if anyone else has a similar problem, or how many of you have gym memberships. i believe my gym has unsolicited my credit card number; who else would sign me up for diet pils? I call [protected] and sat on hold for 5 minutes before being told they would refund my charges. I also then called my gym to let them know someone is selling my card number and they should investigate this.

• Dd
    DDD Mar 25, 2009

Same thing happened to me! I have a charge for $34.84 on my check card and I have no idea how they got my number. I filed a dispute with my bank.

• Ca
    candylove5002 Mar 25, 2009

Dear Sir, check my account with the bank online and noticed a withdrawal from my account 3/21/09 from Adipose Rx I never order or gave them my account number. Please check into this because I don't have anything to do with this company purchase or withdrawal from my account. Thank you.

Truly yours,
    Carolyn Henderson

• K8
    k85m82 Mar 24, 2009

what is their number

• Ca
    Caw1960thy Mar 23, 2009

Does anybody know where this company is? Has anyone ever got them to answer the phone? I reported them to my credit card company, and they took off the charge and filed with the feds. At this point, I just really want to know who they are, and how they did it, and what's going to be done about it?

• We
    westerlee Mar 20, 2009

I received a container full of diet pills. They were unsolicited, there was no invoice in the package. I have no idea if I was charged for them. I understand other visa cards have been compromised and others have received the same unsolicited pills. I am going to check my Visa history. This a scam. I would like to know if there is anything I can do about this.

• Je
    jenniferhatesadiposerx Mar 18, 2009

I cannot believe this company is allowed to exist...they STEAL credit card numbers and automatically start shipping you diet pills! I never ordered them, they just started showing up! I got their phone number off of my bank statement and called them directly. They refunded my money no problem which leads me to believe this was not the first phone call they recieved from an angry person whose credit card was stolen. Why have the police or feds not gotten involved in this yet?! This is crazy!!!

• Od
    OddJobb Mar 17, 2009

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Comission, www.ftc.gov. If they get enough complaints the federal government will go after this fake company and their scam. Simply denying the charges or cancelling your card each time will not solve the issue as this scam has been popping up under different company names for over 7 years. It recently happened to me, and this is what the lady at the FTC said to do.

Maria Rodriguez Mar 17, 2009

Lose Weight Systems - Nevada, Mesquite

Adipose Rx created an unauthorized charge on my credit card--I did not ask for these diet pills and want them to stop coming to my house

• Ge
    george Mar 10, 2009

Same as everyone above. Received a bottle in the mail last month, no invoice...nothing. Noticed two unknown charges on my Discover bill for 34.84...so it's not just Mastercard. Called [protected], told them I didn't order their product and they cancelled the charges. Also cancelled my Discover account, new card to come in the mail. Scary how easy it is for people to get your info and order s--- like this without you even knowing!

• Ge
    George Mar 10, 2009

The same thing happened to me as to almost everyone above. I actually received the item first then the charge. After the first bottle arrived I ignored it and the charge appeared on my debit/credit card. I disputed the charge and got a new card with a new number. Two days after going through that hassle, another bottle showed up...Good try but they weren't getting away with this again. I called the number on the bottle, got an answering machine of course, told them what I had done (new card, etc) my name, and addres, and that they weren't getting any money out of me so stop sending me this sh*t in the mail. The next day I received an email that said "Your Adipose Order has been cancelled." Make sure you call the number and let them know you aren't going to deal with this. I am sure they are still making money off of people out there who might not be taking action.