Ace CanopyUnable to contact

I recently purchase a shade tent from ace canopy $140. I can seem to contact them. They don't return emails. It has been over a month and a half since I ordered my product and the postage was supposed to be 20 days. I ordered it from the US. I live in Australia.

Can someone please help?

Kind regards,
Linda

David Apr 03, 2008

We ordered a 10 X 30 foot heavy duty canopy for our backyard. We also ordered the 8 metal feet to secure to concrete and the 2 canopy braces for the ends. This was on3/19/08. They informed us the order would be sent next day or a couple of days. We live a little over 40 miles from the company. Almost 2 weeks later, we called and were told they were moving to a new location. This went on and on, so I called for a tracking #. They said FedX was shipping our goods would be her shortly. It turned out that UPS delivered the canopy this morning 4/3/08. It had come from a firm in Connecticut . No metal feet nor braces. I tried calling, was given a runaround, order desk not here, leave message, etc. I finally reported it to the Better Business Bureau. I have no confidence in the Ace Canopy Company. They seem to run a slipshod business. We spent over $460 and don't have all our product. I will never order another thing from this bunch.

David Apr 03, 2008

This is the man who complained about the green canopy. I mistakenly said 10 X 30, it was 10 X 20.

• Pr
    P. ROSE Apr 22, 2008

We purchased an enclosed canopy on Feb. 18th and our card was charged immediately. It is now the end of April and we still do not have the correct pieces that were ordered. They have now sent us a 3rd top for the enclosure and AGAIN no one at the company, if you want to call it that, know how to MEASURE ANYTHING. The top is still not the correct size!!! I also have had a horrible experience with tryng to communicate with them. They do not do anything their web site says they do.
    Talk about a fly-by-night group. I would NEVER recommend doing ANY business with them, EVER!!!

• Mi
    Mike Malone May 31, 2008

I ordered a 10 x 10 enclosed Canopy on April 14th, The top was too small, been calling and e-mailing them ever since with no resolution. Ace Canopy Sucks !!! Do Not buy a thing from them. Wish I had Seen this site before I ordered.

• Mn
    M.N. Jun 14, 2008

This company sent me the wrong item. I returned it with delivery confirmation from the US post office. They said they didn't receive it. Never returned any phone messages or email messages. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. (They already have an "F" rating.) Ace Canopy refused to reply to any contact from the BBB. Never got my item replaced or my money back.
    Please take the time to report this company to the BBB and Google.

Chris F. Jul 03, 2008

I have now sent six emails to Ace Canopy regarding their 10x16 car cover. They never bothered to respond to a single email. I also tried calling them twice and they never bothered to respond to my phone calls either. Glad I didn't give these jokers any of my money.

• Tm
    Tmason80 Aug 24, 2008

I have been trying to receive a credit for merchandise I shipped back to Ace Canopy. It has been 4 weeks since they promised the credit would appear in my bank account. I hope someone puts an end to their scams.

• Mi
    Michelle Humphrey Oct 17, 2008

I ordered an ACE Canopy over the telephone in early June for a beach vacation in August. I left it in the box until our vacation. At no time was I told there was a 30 day return policy. During the beach vacation, we tried to set up the canopy and the aluminum arms snapped in half, not at a joint and the canopy has a tear. I left telephone messages with Customer Service and also e-mailed and did not get a return phone call or return e-mail. After trying again, I finally got through to someone in Customer Service and was basically told about their 30 day return policy and I was out of luck. They did not care that no one told me while ordering about the return policy. I will never do business with this company again and will make sure that anyone I know who mentions buying an ACE Canopy knows that the product is very cheaply made and their customer service department is terrible to deal with.

madperson Mar 02, 2009

This company emailed me saying I never paid for something I supposedly ordered. I didn't order it from them. I never received a shipping confirmation. The billing information they provided me wasn't even mine (except for my charge card) - the address and phone number were not correct. They also said they have been trying to contact me for five months yet I never once heard from them until they emailed me demanding payment and threatening collections. If they are dumb enough to ship stuff without getting paid for it first that's not my problem.

• Ji
    jimcastner Jul 05, 2009

They are horrible - don't order from them. I received my 12X24 party tent in multiple deliveries. After 4 weeks the poles arrived on my driveway. Then two weeks later the cover arrived. Great - but no connectors arrived. I called multiple times about the connectors. After two more weeks the connectors arrived. But, the connectors were the same size as the poles. So, almost 60 days later - I still cannot use the canopy. I'm starting to wonder if the cover is going to fit. Hopefully I'll be able to set it up by New Years.

Trust me, stay away and look at alternative companies.

In defense of them - they are very efficient at processing your credit card.

• Ra
    RA Panelli Jul 19, 2009

I have to say after 25+ years in business I have never found a company with worst service and lack of pride as this one. Not only would I never do business with them again I will be telling everyone who will listen what a bad experience I had. I used another company called canopies by Fred in Seattle and in 4 days had the product that I have been waiting and fighting to get for 6 weeks. I do not know how these people can sleep or stay in business I know this is not brain surgery, but that why it should not be that hard to make people happy.

• Sh
    Shirley_Barker Aug 06, 2009

Wow so shocked! I am sooo satisfied with this company I am surprised to find that there is anyone out there not satisfied with their service. Great Products, great prices, I just think Ace Canopy is an overall great company. Hopefully I never run into a situation with them but so far these past 4 years of doing business have been great and everyone at the trade shows I attend purchase their pop ups from Ace Canopy and so far everyone is satisfied with their products! Keep up the good work Ace canopy!

Shirley Barker

• Ca
    captainD Nov 10, 2009

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE. They are a yahoo store, and as such have many different "aliases" and do not know how to properly conduct business. They are a shady company out of LA is seems.

I made the mistake of placing an order I wasn't sure about and immediately requested, via email that the order be cancelled. Two weeks roll by and for some reason I get a shipping confirmation. I email them again explaining that it should have been cancelled... (and why 2 weeks???). They insisted that I would have to pay for the late cancellation. These con-artists then insisted they get my money anyways. Now I'm in a dispute with my bank and them to get the money back.

Shirley, you are surely a liar working with/for ace canopy. Anyone who consistantly screws it's own customers on a regular basis cannot possibly have any "great customers" such as yourself.

Chad Maloney Apr 28, 2010

WOW!! I wish i read this before ordering from these ###! I ordered a car port 1 month ago and have yet to receive any confirmation, tracking number, or product. Its funny how they didnt hesitate to charge my credit card. It is obvious that this is a fraudulent scam that needs to be looked into by law enforcement. DO NOT NOT ANYTHING FROM THESE LOSERS!

Marbellamounts May 05, 2010

If you call their [protected] number and when asked for your selection press one for sales oddly enough you will get right thru. If you select shipment infor or stay on the line you go into their phone loop and can not get ahold of any one. I also used a shadow yahoo account and asked information on a $28, 000 Commercial Dome Canopy marked down to $20, 000 and guess how fast they responded to that. After 3 weeks of email and getting caught in the phone loop 1 call to sales and I got the number. I entered it into the FEDEX tracking site and it was in route. I consider myself lucky after reading some of the other complaints.

Joseph J Bondi May 18, 2010

Dear Sir,

Called your company, at approximately 6 PM. Spoke to a Marie Garcia to ask

questions regarding your product line. Was going to order on-line after our

exchange. However, the sales training kicked in. Grab the customer, place your

foot in the door. Marie proceeded to extract credit card information, but

before complying, I insisted that an email to confirm my phone order be

sent promptly (immediately).

Spoke to Simeon Alexander at approximately 7 PM . He "cut and pasted"

invoice to an email. However upon receiving it, it was necessary to scroll

sideways half again the invoices width. Making it difficult to make sense

of the invoice. When I noticed the address, it was incorrect.

Called again, spoke to a "Crystal", told her to terminate order "acecanopy

Order# 38571", She said it is now officially canceled as of that moment.

And she would confirm by email, of confirmation of cancellation of order.

Behold! as of this moment no email.

Called again, time 8PM., talked to Mr. Alexander. Explained the situation,

he then sent me the same cut and paste invoice noting under the "status"

column the word "canceled". I mentioned it certainly does not look official.

He replied That his supervisor will see that the proper cancellation

procedures will be applied. That within 72 hours a credit will be issued

to my "Chasefreedom Mastercard" account. In the meantime the credit card

company will be alerted by me as to the difficulty encountered, inadvertently

or deliberately, by your hired staff.

Note: All confidence in "Acecanopy" as a company has disappeared.

Good luck, perhaps with some intensive training it can be

turned around. I wish you well, maybe you can live up to

your advertising "hype" someday

Scam examiner JJB

• Cl
    Clevelandrocks May 26, 2010

I have had the same issues that everyone else has had. The frame appears good but was larger than we ordered. That was not too much of an issue. The canopy fabric was 2 feet short all the way around and did not have a valance on it. I have c ontacted several people at this company and no one will correct the problem. It now sits with Luis in the warehouse. I have filed a dispute on our creidt card and have been assured that we will not have to pay for this product unless they fix it. I guess that is one good thing. The canopy was ordered for my daughter's graduation party. This company is the worst I have every dealt with. I urge anyone who reads this to avoid them

• At
    ATOZ Jun 13, 2010

I have also had horrific experience with this company.
    DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! You will get nothing but the run around, frustration and anxiety!

• Wi
    Windows1 Jun 19, 2010

OMG every single complaint is so true! I placed an order back in March 2010 after just 3 days my 10X10 Gazebo canopy bent on one side, sent 4 emails regarding this obivous defect no responce, left messages on their voicemail never recieved a phone call back. I could never, ever get a live person on the phone!! Finally I disputed my charge with American Express and the charge has been awarded in my favor (love you AMEX!!) But now I have this tarp still, in the box waiting to hear back from the company if they want their junk back and still no REPONSE.. What a surprise.. I don't know why this company has not been shut down yet. They are so quick to take your money but never stand by anything that they claim online, what a joke!!!

dantinakim Jul 04, 2010

Do not order from this company, they sell junk! bought a 10 X 16 canopy paid over $300 it is made some metal poles and a tarp that you can buy at a dollar store. the quality sucks. We also had problems with getting it delivered many phone calls, finally we told them we would be contesting the charges and that is when they shipped the item. We just put it up today but received it about month ago, too late to return. I question how a company can charge your credit card before they even ship the item, reputable companies do not charge your card until they ship the item, I paid 2 months interest on a item I had not received. Do not use this company! The should be reported to the Attorney General's office for being criminals! You may think you are getting a good deal but what you are getting is junk.

dantinakim

• Pv
    pvwoodcrafts Jul 09, 2010

On march 18, 2010 I ordered a 6 pole heavy duty custom enclosed canopy from Ace canopy. On June 18 we decided to set it up to make sure we knew how to prepare for the summer craft show season. When I opened up the pipes they had not been de burred when they were cut. The insides of every pipe had a razor sharp burr on it. I thought it shouldn't have been overlooked before shipping but I went ahead and filed them all smooth. Then we started to set up the canopy. I had to file the inside and outside of every pipe and connector to even get it to go together. Another little aggravation. Then when we got the frame together and started to attach the canopy we found out that all the bungee cords were 12 in long instead of 6 in like the packages said. We had to wrap the cords twice to get them to work and then things really went wrong. The top tarp was not wide enough. The gable end tarps were not wide enough. After failing to get any of the tarps to fit I did a little measuring. THEY sent me a 11’ x 9'2" frame, and tarps for a 10 x 10.
    That's when I went in and wrote them an e mail. Took them 3 days to respond and then only after calling. They needed my order # which I sent them. In a weeks time, countless e mails and several phone calls the only response I can get is " sorry for your inconvenience but its not under warranty". I asked them to explain to me what the warranty has to do with anything. I ordered a 10 x 10, paid for a 10 x 10, and my receipt is for a 10 x 10. I got a 11 x 9'2" frame . I have repeatedly asked for a supervisor but can’t get one to respond. To date Ace canopy has refused to address this problem .
    As of July 9 2010 I have corrected the problem myself. I purchased exhaust pipe to replace the pipes that were too short, recut the ones that were too long, purchased new bungee ball straps for a total of $124.00 . With the initial cost of $378.00, and $124.00 for replacement parts my new canopy is a whopping $523.00. This doesn’t include the 2 days labor I lost working on this problem. They're crooks.

• A1
    a1producer Jul 14, 2010

I too wished I had known about this message board before placing an order with this pathetic company. In April ordered a 10 x 20 canopy 'Pharos' brand for $599, used it 10 times and it is now nothing more than scrap. Locking pins on 5 of 6 posts do not work, and release pins on the legs will not stay latched. The top leaks water so badly in a rain shower it's almost drier to stand out in the rain. Called and complained, but all I got was yes this wasn't the best grade of canopy but their 'Ace' brand was much better. OK, my fault, so I ordered the better grade at $975. After waiting 3 + weeks it finally showed up, opened the box and behold, exactly the same, down to the last bolt, as the cheapo I purchased in April. Called the company, Oh we're so sorry. I can send it back at my expense and pay 20% restocking fee, well I informed them that wasn't going to stop me from sending it back. I promptly called my credit card company and they said to go ahead and follow the procedures spelled out by ace canopy, then contact the credit card company again with the package tracking number and they will then work to get a full refund on my behalf.

Not the end of the story, however. I also ordered a 10 x 10 commercial grade canopy for $399 with a white top. Guess what, same cheap frame as the 10 x 20's and the color is green. Didn't realize it until we had opened the box as one would assume they could at least tell the difference between white and green, but apparently not.

Sad part is, I did business with them about 4 or 5 years ago and was completely satisfied with the product quality and service. Now their warranty is worthless and if they don't get the order right, unless you have special x-ray vision to see what is in the box without opening it, you are sunk.

Will never, ever do business with ace canopy again.

• Th
    Thom M Sep 02, 2010

Hahhaluia! I'm not alone! I ordered a 10 X 20 canopy several months ago. It took several calls and about 6 weeks till I finally received it. Most of the calls I got know response and then when I did they said the manufature sent the wrong poles. When I finally received it there was no directions. I called them and they said that the directions were on their website (excuse me?). After finally figuring out on my own, I found that the side walls were 6 inches short, there were not enough connectors and they sent an extra top. I thought of calling them back, but I knew it would be more pain then I needed, so, I am going to take a $260 loss. Please, please don't deal with them, you will be sorry!