ACDirect.comGreat company

J

I ordered a 5 ton unit from AC Direct after getting quotes for $8000 to $16000 from local dealers including Sears. I paid $3600 for a new Goodman 90, 000 BTU 95% eff. with a 5 Ton Condenser and coil unit. This price included the installation kit with three 25ft 7" ducts and one 25ft 14" duct.

Great Customer Service! I had never installed one myself but I thought I would give it a try. With their 1-800 Help line I was walked through the installation with ease. I got what I paid for, I was given a delivery time and it was met, and the product was delivered in great shape.

I highly recommend this company if your looking for a great product at a great price from a great company!

Jon Hughes
Las Cruces, NM.

• Wa
    Wade Scharlau Jun 17, 2014

They take your money and delay delivery indefinitely. If you ever get the product, it is wrong. They NEVER answer the phone, and leaving a voice mail does no good. Using the contact form on their website gets no response, and emailing them gets not answer either.

• Te
    teacher233 Sep 18, 2013

Bought headphones for my classroom lab, all of them broke (no sound, wires came apart from the volume control), sent them back to try a new brand of headphones which then broke again. Called about the issue and they wouldn't accept the headphones as a return because the warranty was up. The warranty they used was from the FIRST purchase, not the second purchase. If you ever return your headphones bought from them, your warranty does not start over with the new headphones, it continues from the very first purchase which is not fair AT ALL! Their headphones are awful and not durable AT ALL! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

• 33
    33309 Jun 06, 2013

Do you like headaches? Then, buy from AC Unit Direct!! Do yourself a favor and run away from this company as fast as you can. I have ordered an AC stand, and firstly, they've charged my paypal 3 times. Secondly, I never got a stinky email back confirming the order or tracking number. Lastly, I've called 3 times and nobody is never available (I left messages and never got an answer back).

• St
    Stacey Rudisill Dec 02, 2010

So sorry I never updated...since we used Paypal and our Visa card to purchase the A/C unit Paypal handled our claim and after NEVER receiving a reply form A/C/ Direct we were refunded every penny (Paypal rocks!)! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY OR ANYONE ASSOCITED ANY $$. And BTW, do not believe the few positive comments you may read, they are fabricated and using made up names...there is just too much evidence that supports this as being a money making scam, PERIOD! Thank God we were covered and not foolish enough to send a second payment...

Stacey

Sara Whitmore Nov 27, 2010

AC4life or AC4life.com is listed as Michael Haines President
    It has as a listed address as being inside of a UPS Store at 127 W. Fairbanks Avenue. Suite 517. Winter Park, FL 32789
    Office Phone [protected]

• Al
    almostlostit May 22, 2010

This guy is back at it again as AC4life.com

How can they take money and then tell people to do chargebacks with their credit card companies?

This is one of the reasons that we have to pay higher interest rates because of people like this.

This place should be shut down before more people are taken advantage of.

jmasuo Mar 24, 2010

When Buying don't beleive the BBB. They never updated their profile about AC Direct. This is why there were many problem. Alway use a Credit Card. We did and got our refund. I ended up buy from Alpine Home Air. and received my order in a timely mannor.

• Cu
    CurtM Mar 24, 2010

Michael Haines Winter Park Orlando Fl was the owner. The company is bankrupt. As seen here in this official State of Florid PDF http://pacer.flmb.uscourts.gov/pdf-new/52234703.pdf - This guy is a ripoff scam artist that has taken money from many many people. He is under investigation by the FTC now.

• Ac
    acdirectsux Mar 23, 2010

If you dig deep enough, you can find his home number.

Try: [protected]

Hint: Orange county property appraiser --> winter park white pages

• Al
    almostlostit Mar 18, 2010

I found out that is it Michael Lewis Haines that is the listed president of AC Direct. I checked Orange County Florida Clerk of the Court website at http://www.myorangeclerk.com/criminal/iclerk_disclaimer.shtml and there is a lot of cases under Michael Haines and AC Direct. I don't understand how they are still online and probably taking money.

• St
    Stacey Rudisill Jan 27, 2010

We ordered an A/C unit from AC Direct located in Orlando Fl on Jan 8, 2010 through their web site. We paid through Paypal using our Visa card. We did not find these complaints or claims of bankruptcy until today, Jan 27, 2010. Here is our story: A couple of days after placing the order we called and asked for an invoice, we got no response and we do not have the name of the man we spoke to at the time. After waiting another week and hearing nothing we called "Kat Jones" and asked for an invoice (we received an invoice on Jan 18 and it was dated Jan 12, 2010). After waiting another week we called "Brenda" and were told that the supplier of the air unit was out of stock and AC Direct had to order one from another supplier and we would get our unit later that week. Today, Jan 27, 2010 husband called and talked to "Brenda" and she told him we were scheduled to have had the unit delevered this week but our payment had not been received throught Paypal (we paid via Paypal and Visa). "Brenda" advised us to contact Paypal and to send them (AC Direct) the full payment again electronically or via cashier's check...
    We checked the Paypal account status. They sent payment to AC Direct on Jan 9, 2010 and the transaction cleared our Visa card on the 9th of Jan as well. If AC Direct had filed bankruptcy on or before Jan 8 then how could they have taken our payment via Paypal on Jan 9?

satansdisciple Jan 24, 2010

Michael Forrest Haines.

also in Reseda, CA or Los Angeles

uses reputation defender

• Ri
    Rich J Jan 10, 2010

This is the message we just received:

January 8, 2010

Dear Customer:

AC Direct, Inc., has filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division on January 5th, 2010, and has been assigned Case Number 6:10-bk-00080-ABB. You have been listed as a creditor in this case.

Under bankruptcy law AC Direct, Inc., is prohibited from refunding your deposit for merchandise. If you purchased by using a credit card you may have the rights of a chargeback pursuant to your agreement with the credit card company. However, to exercise this right you must contact the credit card company immediately.

Otherwise, you have a right to consult legal counsel and/or to file a claim in the bankruptcy case. You will be soon receiving a notice from the bankruptcy court which sets out the times and dates important to your rights in this case.

The bankruptcy court has issued an injunction, called the automatic stay, which prohibits you as a creditor from further contact with AC Direct, Inc. You are prohibited from calling, writing, emailing, faxing or in any way contacting the company to collect the debt. If you have any further questions regarding your rights under the Bankruptcy Code please contact your attorney or seek out a bankruptcy attorney to determine your rights under law.

AC Direct, Inc.

And now we can't even call and complain!
    Rich

• Jt
    jte Jan 08, 2010

I received e-mail from ac direct stating that they are filing bankruptcy. I had placed an order but my credit card company recovered the money. If you have an order on credit card. contact your credit card company immediately to try and recover your money.

jmasuo Dec 29, 2009

This is the BBB response to my complaint.

At this time, due to the company's failure to provide the BBB with a response to your complaint or acknowledge our correspondence we are unable to assist you further. The company has more than 35 unanswered complaints with the BBB. If you have not already done so, you may wish to contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Please bear in mind, the BBB is a non-profit organization that relies on the voluntary cooperation of businesses to act responsibly, to make adjustments in the interest of good customer service. The BBB is neither a legal office nor government agency as we remains a neutral third party.

Please accept my apology on behalf of the BBB that we were unable to be of assistance in this matter. For your records, attached is a state agency referral list and you may wish to contact one of these agencies to pursue this matter further. All information provided will remain in our database for three (3) years. The company’s accreditation has been suspended and is in the process of being revoked.

Kind regards,
    Heather Shuler | Arbitration Administrator

Tel: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]
    Email: [email protected]
    www.centralflorida.bbb.org

• Sh
    ShipyardJohn Dec 28, 2009

I ordered a unit from AC Diect Inc. through their website november 18th. I have called and left several messages and sent emails about an estimated shipping date and have recieved no replies. I called the disputes department of my credit card company to try and get my money back. I also called my local police department who instructed me to file a complaint at www.fraud.org and the proper authorities will be notified and an investigation conducted if they deemed it worthy. After reading everyone else's complaints I have not doubt in my mind that we have been ripped off.

• Ke
    Kevin M Dec 17, 2009

I wish that I would have found this site prior to ordering my system from AC Direct. I am a repeat customer to them and will never be a customer of theirs ever again.

I recently, on Dec 1, 2009 purchased a Goodman 2.0 ton Heater and Air Conditioner for 2750.00. I know that they last time contacted me to make sure I would be there to receive the freight. After hearing nothing in a week I began calling and leaving voice mails. After 3 times, I became suspusious and sent emails. I have not have a return call or return email. This is when I discovered this website when searching out other possible means of contact.

I have since filed a claim with the Florida Attorney General's Office and Florida's BBB. Tonight my wife is contacting our credit card company to try and regain our credit. I will post an update as we go through this process.

If you have stumbled across this site, save your money...DO NOT ORDER FROM AC DIRECT!!!

BBB Claim ~ 5A462-66FDC-7D428-88DDC-17355-1D067-85

no1bassman Dec 14, 2009

I am happy to report my credit card company was able to recover my money. I hope everyone else has the same luck. Frank Campbell

• Tim Mac Dec 06, 2009

Heather, Did you do business with ACDirect?

no1bassman Dec 05, 2009

How can these crooks still be advertising 15% off thru Dec.06th. They are still stealing money from honest people. I just hope people look at the complaint board before they order. I found the same system I ordered (furnace- air conditioner-installation kit) in my home town Peoria Il. for the same price. They had it all in stock. I am still waiting to here from BBB of Flordia, Attorney Generals office of Flordia, and my credit card company. Will keep you posted. Frank Campbell

• Tim Mac Dec 03, 2009

Good idea RTC but it may be too late if they file for protection under bankruptcy laws. How do you check bankruptcy filings? I found the same thing... Mike Hains is the registered agent of the company. Says he also "PD" I wonder if that stands for "President?

Florida Profit Corporation
    HAINES, MICHAEL L
    1212 ALOMA AVENUE
    WINTER PARK FL 32789

• Tim Mac Dec 03, 2009

I checked their phone company and these numbers are registered to Ac Direct, Incorporated [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected] I filed a complaint with Florida BBB a while ago. Haven't heard back from them. I'm sorry to hear of all the problems people are having. :(

• Tim Mac Dec 03, 2009

I think another number these use is [protected]...

John Weiser Dec 03, 2009

everybody that is having a problem contact Eric [email protected] he is getting a lawyer lined up the more people we have the better off the case

thanks
    John

• Rt
    RTC-NH Dec 03, 2009

I submitted a complaint with the FL attorney generals office. Others please do the same.

• Rt
    RTC-NH Dec 03, 2009

I also placed an order with them on October 27th and have not been able to reach them for about three weeks. I paid for the design service and was charged for the parts on November 16, but still can't get anyone on the phone or to return my calls.

Mike Haines is not only a salesman he is the registered agent for the company. Does anyone know his home phone number? I was able to find his address on the States web site but he has no listed phone number.

NH

John Weiser Dec 03, 2009

I called them and left a message posing as a buyer giving them another # than what I have been giving them in the past they called me today wanting to sell me a unit, when I asked about my refund they put me on hold and then hung up and i can only get the message machine again what a bunch of thieves

John T. Dec 03, 2009

I ordered a Goodman furnace and AC system from AC Direct 12 OCT for approx 2K. This is the second time I have ordered from them. The first time 2 years ago everything went well and up till 1 month ago I would recommend them. After failure to receive notification of shipment in about a week I called them. Got a person right away. Was told the compressor was on back order but should ship in a week. In another week passed and no shipment notification. Called again. Got a person and was told another week. Another week pasted and called again. Got a person. This time they told me they would check and call me back. At this time I told them if there was a problem getting the compressor I ordered I could change to a slightly different system. They said they would check and get back to me. No word yet. Called Friday the 18Nov. First day I was unable to get a person on the line. Since then me and my wife have called more then 50 times, sent several emails, left messages and we have yet to get a response. Today we filed a dispute with your charge card company. At this point I would suggest you don't even consider dealing with this company and it appears others (see above) are having the same issue. - John

jmasuo Dec 01, 2009

They gave me a story that Spacepak was closed for three days. three days in 8weeks at that time was only a short delay. now no call backs. We just disputed the charge with our credit card company. I also filed a complaint with Florida AG office.
    John

AtlantaMax Dec 01, 2009

If you have been defrauded by A/C direct please request an investigation by the Florida Attorney General http://www.myfloridalegal.com/# .It only takes a minute.

• Wa
    Warren Enger Dec 01, 2009

I placed an an order 7 weeks ago today. STill have not received any shipment confimation. I last spoke with Mike (sales manager) November 12th at which time I was the 95% efficience furnaces being produced by Goodman are on back order due to large volume sales. At that time and in the previous several weeks after ordering I was able to immediately speak with a person in sales, or customer service. Regarding my order or technical questions. Obviously at this time due to the large number of complaints and lack of any communication the company has shut its doors without notice. I have filed a charge dispute with my CC company for a full refund due too no receipt of merchandise and no communication in over 2 weeks of emails and phone messages to them regarding my order.

WE

AtlantaMax Dec 01, 2009

If AC direct has taken your money and not delivered a product, please email me at [email protected] I hope so I can put a fraud investigation request in with the Florida attorney generals office.

AtlantaMax Dec 01, 2009

I also ordered 5-6 weeks ago and can not get an update on my order via phone or email. I am very concerned and will be crushed if my money has been stolen.

no1bassman Dec 01, 2009

I was contacted by the BBB of Flordia on (Nov.30th). They said 6 complaint have been filed in the last week all from out of state. They also said ACDirect will not answer them. I am waiting to see if my credit card company will be able to contact them. Went ahead and made my purchase locally for about the same price. Wish I would of did more homework before I ordered from ACDirect. Frank Campbell

John Weiser Nov 30, 2009

I am having the same problem with them I was called back 2 weeks ago after a week of messages and emails I cancelled my order during that call and have not received my refund as of yet left messages and finally got through today and was given the runaround and no return calls like promised

jmasuo Nov 30, 2009

Spent over $10, 000 for Spacepac system. Was given two delivery times and nothing. It is now Three months since my order and nothing. If they are taking orders and not delivering then something is up. Spend your money elsewhere.
    John Bergman
    Oakland, California

• Mi
    MikeS37 Nov 30, 2009

Same here. lies and run-arround. Keeept money no furnace. very disapointing.

Mike

mach1cnc Nov 30, 2009

I agree! I spent nearly $3000.00 ordered September 24th and nothing! I am curious what every one else has ordered. They have told me before I could'nt get a hold of them that the furnace I ordered was on back order an it is a Goodman 115k btu. If any one wants to discuss futher action such as hiring an attorney and get our money back please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Thanks. Eric

no1bassman Nov 29, 2009

I ordered a furnace and air conditioner Oct.27th. from them. After 2 weeks I tried to call them to get a ship date. I tried to call for 2 hours with no luck and nobody will return my calls or emails. I cancled my order by leaving them a message because they will not answer the phone! I called my credit card company this morning (Nov.29) to see if they could help recover my $ 3, 700.00. DO NOT ORDER from this company. Save yourself alot of trouble. Frank Campbell

• Mj
    mjv8 Nov 23, 2009

I agree so far I ordered a unit almost a month ago and can not get a hold of anyone. No ship date or anthing and I am starting to worry. I keep calling and emailing but no repsonses. I will not order from here again.